Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Naasad'guur Mhi, Mhi N'ulu, Mhi Mando'ade (Mandalorian Dominion of Taris)

[16/20]

"That's right! Too hard for you! Our armour ain't the only thing that's beskar!"

Harampr yelled after the retreating Rakghouls, making an obscene gesture.

"We weren't gonna go into the sewers anyway were we?"

He asked as the order to hold came through.

"I guess if someone told us too."

The idea of going into sewers was disgusting. Even with a closed suit, you still had to clean it afterwards. That would be one of those times you looked for your friend with a flamethrower to give your armour a little pre-cleaning cleaning.

"Can we go find the other bars we saved now?"

"What happened to the spins?"

"Reckon I got my sea legs or whatever."

"Eh, I think I'ma head back to the ships and sleep it, off. It's good enough, the others've got this. We did our part."

"Yeah all right. Our remuneration package can't keep up to too much more drinking anyway."

"Look at you with the big word."

"I been better'n myself, we should never top learning and stuff."

This defensive response was met with a hale of laughter from the rest of the squad. And that was that, weapons were holstered and they headed back for their ship and respective bunks.

(#17/20)

Creating a singularity above himself once more, Naast'ika rose up from the rubble and ruin that had once been a city street. His massive body of flesh and metal rose two-hundred meters into the air before his tail and nacelle twisted and he rolled over, pointing his belly to the sky. His bow tipped towards the world below him and his tail reached into the sky at a 30-degree angle. His primary weapon, a massive Heavy Proton Cannon, pointed almost directly below him as it aimed for the clustering monsters that sought to hide from the light of day and the vod with guns and mandalorian armor. The cannon barked out once, then once again, and once more a final time. Three shots ripped through duracrete and alusteel like it were so many layers of tissue paper as massive proton rounds raced through the ruined parts of the city to find the monsters that hid below.

Three massive explosions rippled through the darkness and the city shook with the concussive force. The structures below Naast'ika bowed sharply as the weight of thousands of tons of metal and duracrete lost and re-found a means to bare its own load. On Naast'ika's display, the cluster of monsters simply ceased to exist. Here and there, an individual dot slinked off into the darkness. But the swarm was gone.

Captain Tupu relayed the coordinates of the few surviving Rekghoul to the ground forces and Naast'ika righted himself with the horizontal plane.

Deep within himself, he felt something tingle. Something shifted. Something moved. There was an energy where there was once none.

It came from the cargo bay. It was quiet at first. But it spoke to Naast'ika. He could feel it in his hull. He could feel it at the edge of his senses. He could feel it pressing against his mind.

Somewhere in the darkness of Naast'ika Laaran, the Red Engine awoke.

:: HERO of KORRIBAN ::
Objective: Don't turn into a Rhakgoul
Allies: [member="Briika Detta"]
Enemies: Rhakgouls
[Post 4/20]

His buy'ce was on the table, and Briika had helped get the beskar'gam off. Graad sat on the exam table with the kute off and kept at his waist while the bottom half remained on. It would be the first time he remembered having no shirt on around his friend, but no thoght was given to how awkward it could be as he was concerned about the infection.

"I want the good news first... Provided it's I'm fine and the bad news is I'm a di'kut for doing what I did..."

Throwing himself into the way wasn't the brightest idea ever, but it was him or Briika. She had an ad to get back home to. Graad was single and alone. If he died then he died. If Briika died, he'd never be able to face Mesh'la and Kad.

"So what is it vod?"

[4/20]

With every slash and every bolt, the beasts fell swift to the dirt. Yet, for every one Dagora killed, two more took its place. The battle was just as grueling as what he remembered from long ago. The Rakghoul just kept coming and coming and coming. The advance that the Dar'manda made, a few simple feet forward, was quickly being lost due to the sheer numbers of the horde. Agitation bit at the edge of his mind, for he was certain the plague had been concluded long ago. Yet before him laid more beasts then he remembered.

They did a poor job.

Wrath flowed hot through Dagora's veins, prompting the Force to rear its head. It empowered him, enabled his fury, which surged forth from an outstretched hand. A wild maelstrom of lightning erupted and burned into the horde. Then, with a sweep of his arm, he addressed those coming swift from behind. The blaster was holstered and his offhand joined the fray, projecting just as many bolts as its twin. The lightning did the trick rather well, for those that advanced were fried.

And those that were smart fell back.

A full retreat transpired, and the Rakghoul rushed deeper into the chasm. Yet the Dar'manda did not give chase. The lightning had eaten quite a bit of his reserves, more than he cared to admit. It was ambitious of him to dive into a pit alone and to expect success; for even when he triumphed long ago, there was assistance. Dagora had to recognize the limits of his own power, and this was one such time. So, with but a swipe of his finger, his saber was extinguished. He did not know how long he had until the horde grew bold again, so now would be the best time to retreat.

But, he had to take advantage of a golden opportunity first. Lowering to a crouch, Dagora reached for his utility belt and produced a simple knife. A fallen Rakghoul would then find a portion of its arm donated to...scientific...pursuits. With the acquisition concluded, the Dar'manda wasted no time in getting out of the chasm. And off the world, for that matter.

Briika Munin

Shieldmaiden of Clan Munin (retired)
Objective: Getting brownie points for saving someone's life...
4/20

The blonde baar'ur had to bite her lip in order to keep a smirk from encompassing her face. She so wanted to make a retort about [member="Graad Hokan"] being an idiot, but in truth he did save her life most likely, and the promise the rugged Concordian made to her daughter before they left for this mission would be kept so the reply was more or less humble instead.

"Well being a di'kut could be debated... but more so I am vor entye. And elek, the serum is a match, and will keep the plague from turning you into a rakghoul. We just need to watch for infection in the wound is all," Briika offered with a warm smile.

"I will continue to analyze the blood samples taken from the live rakghoul to further help us to understand the virus, and also your antibodies I took from you after being exposed before treatment. You have been a very good patient today… Would you like a sticker or lollipop for your reward?" she asked while gathering up her used supplies on the examside table.

:: HERO of KORRIBAN ::
"I made a promise that I wasn't going to break Briika," Graad said seriously for a moment as the news settled in that he was going to be okay. "I could never have faced Mesh'la had I broken that promise. You're her world, all she has. If either of us was going to get hurt, or not come home, you know it is better for it to be me."

There he verbalized the fact he was the one the better position to be lost. Yes, he had thought it, but now he said it. Though Briika did get a chuckle out of him when she asked about a sticker or a sucker. The last time he went on a no alcohol order, so naturall this time he was choosing the sugary treat.

"The sucker clearly... my stomach could use it. Unless that serum comes with a no food order then you better give me the sticker."

He stuck his tongue out at the blonde baar'ur and slipped the upper half of his kute back on, zipping it up. He slid off the exam table, and smiled at Briika before taking her hand and giving it a soft squeeze.

"Vor entye, ner vod. If it's okay, I think I am going to go find myself a spare kute. The other verde do not need to know I was infected."

[member="Briika Detta"]

Briika Munin

Shieldmaiden of Clan Munin (retired)
The warm touch and gentle squeeze of the rugged Concordian's rough hand on hers felt nice, maybe too nice as it made Briika feel a bit giddy afterwards.

"Technically you were just exposed, not infected, and being given the serum you are not contagious so no need for others to know," Bree nodded, then reached into her medpac and pulled out a red sucker.

"This is Mesh'la's favorite flavor… Hope you enjoy it as well," she smiled, then handed the wrapped hard candy to [member="Graad Hokan"] before stepping out the hatchway and heading towards the ship's galley to make some fresh caf. As the other vode returned, they'd surely be in need of some too.

((out))

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom