What's New
Star Wars RP

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mystery on New Hope

Space, the final frontier.

Except that hyperspace and the holonet had turned the wastes of void space into an inconvenience to be overcome and even ignored. However, there were some things which did not change, and one of those was how something without hyperwave or hyperspace was pretty isolated.

All of this led up to the fact that authorities in Coruscant started receiving an odd message that, once decoded, seemed to be a distress call from a remote colony world optimistically named New Hope. The message seemed to have taken a long time to arrive, but local Republic authorities quickly put out a call for volunteers to investigate and report on the fate of New Hope. A reward would be provided to survivors who found things out.

Naturally, news like this could not last long and other groups likely got hold of the information for their own use. There might well be something valuable there which could be exploited.

And so our story starts with the Republic transport touching down on New Hope, some two miles from the planet's only city, Promise. For her part, Tamara thought the settlers had been excessively overconfident with these names, but as she exited the transport and looked at the distant dome that was the least of their worries. So far they had received no message or response from the settlement at all, just the same distress signal. Something was very odd here.

162795.jpg


@[member="Aika Kawakami"] @[member="Aronis Vilgar"] @[member="Romeo Sin"] @[member="Xander Carrick"] @[member="Preliat Mantis"] @[member="Sir Giles H.T. Horatio IV"] @[member="Rolland CZ M1 002"] @[member="Flint Dexen"] @[member="Penumbra"] @[member="Dris Negan"] @[member="Bellalika"]
 

Sir Hammerlock

Guest
S
It was a glorious rescue mission, so of course Sir Giles Harlowe Thorneton Horatio the Fourth had volunteered as was his gentlemanly duty to do so; in order to help those that might still be alive. As the shuttle came to a touch down he slowly stood up, though it was still too quick as his prosthetic knee seemed to let out a loud creek that echoed in the shuttle craft. With a heavy sigh, he quickly pulled out the proper supply, a little oil can that went squeaky squeaky as he lubricated the joint.

"Sorry. Sorry about that chaps."

His voice came out in an old Victorian style gruff as he straightened his hat. Turning from what he had just stood up, he pulled out from the overhead compartment his bag. There wasn't much in it, just a few needed essentials, along with an old hunting rifle and a rather ornate slug thrower in the revolver fashion. It was easy to say that this man enjoyed the tastes of the old life. Even his prosthetic limbs appeared to be of lower technological level than his cybernetic right eye. This though didn't bother him, as it in no way appeared to hinder him in any way.

"Shall we go see what the ruckus and hullabaloo is all about ma'am?"

His question poised directly at the raven haired young woman that had already stepped off of the shuttle.

@[member="Aika Kawakami"] @[member="Aronis Vilgar"] @[member="Romeo Sin"] @[member="Xander Carrick"] @[member="Preliat Mantis"] @[member="Rolland CZ M1 002"] @[member="Flint Dexen"] @[member="Penumbra"] @[member="Dris Negan"] @[member="Bellalika"] @[member="Tamara"]
 

Matreya

Well-Known Member
Writer
Zaiden touched solid ground, not far from the others, the ramp leading to his luxury yacht behind him. Looking around he pondered the situation. He had been flying with his Ghost Crew, the team bequeathed to him after his days as Legate, just leaving a mission pertaining to Val'hallan safety. It was a smooth mission, Alpha and Beta leading the charge while Omega, Gamma and Pharo all followed Zaiden. The distraction sprung smoothly, he and his men saved the others and escaped with the information they sought.

On the return he heard a plea for help, and thus made way to see what he could do. Soon enough they touched down, a planet he had never been on nor heard of. But upon hailing, the plea was repeated. What could it mean?
 

Tyra

Like Lightning
Character
Riding in the Republic ship, Promise, I was all dressed up in my Medical armor that I used when on rescue missions, or just in a battle. The red and white armor looked rather strange with the Republics white and blue. I even had my helmet on. Having a HUD for medical scanners of just about every kind. Leaving them off for now, I walked out of the ramp with the other apprentice, @[member="Tamara"]. Somehow I had a feeling that she was not used to being in a group all the time. But hey, nether was I.

A man that looked to be half gentlemen, half machine, spoke who was asking if we should go. I tried to so hard to keep my mouth shut, but instead I spoke again, "No, we are here to go on a picnic." So much sarcasm was dripping from my lips that I was sure that it pooled at my feet.

@[member="Penumbra"], @[member="Sir Giles H.T. Horatio IV"], @[member="Tamara"]
 

Aronis Vilgar

Fallen Jedi
Character
Aronis stepped down, off the boarding ramp. The Republic was already here apparently. They had landed in "promise", the name was strange, but it was probably just a misunderstanding, they must've forgotten the "broken" in front. The world was known as "New Hope", probably another misunderstanding. Maybe these people had problems communicating. But that was besides the point.

They were here for a reason. On a mission to find out what was here and about this place. And possibly the most important objective, beating the Republic by accomplishing this goal and escaping with the treasures first. He carried his lightsabers with him and was wearing his olive green cloak, the hood covering his face. His blood red saber hung on the right side of his belt, an act of defiance. Hid old saber tucked away, out of sight.

Aronis gazed out at the city, prepared for whatever lay ahead.

@[member="Tamara"] @Team B
 
A rescue mission that Jar was happy to join with @[member="Tamara"] for a number of reasons: the first one was that he would get a huge reward by helping out the village that needs help, and secondly he somehow liked to help people even though it isn't in his blood. But hey, as long he gets something that benefits him, then he'll be happy

Jar has everything with him, his trusty jetpack, his armor, his E-11 blaster rifle, and a knife. So basically he was all geared up in case if there were any hostiles to deal with.

As he and his team got off from the ship he saw the half machine, half human who looked like a gentleman from the way he was dressed up. "I hope you don't act like a nice boy, that gives his respect to other people, when we're facing people who are going to try to kill us," Jar said and laughed to himself of what @[member="Xander Carrick"] said to the gentleman.

@Aika Kawakami @Aronis Vilgar @Romeo Sin @Xander Carrick @Preliat Mantis @Rolland CZ M1 002 @Flint Dexen @Penumbra @Dris Negan @Bellalika @Tamara
 
@Aika Kawakami @Aronis Vilgar @Romeo Sin @Xander Carrick @Preliat Mantis @Rolland CZ M1 002 @Flint Dexen @Penumbra @Dris Negan @Bellalika @[member="Jar Dar"]

Tamara exited onto the surface. She carried no weapons, but had her bag over her shoulder. She gestured vaguely towards the city.
“Come on, let’s go,” she said.

They approached over the dunes until they were looking over the settlement from less than a half mile away.
There seemed to be no signs of life, but nor were there any signs of violence. Pirates and raiders usually were pretty indiscriminate with their firepower, and there were none of those tell-tale signs here.

Tamara wasn’t really the leader of the group, there didn’t seem to even be a leader. She looked to @[member="Sir Giles H.T. Horatio IV"] and his natty hat.
“Take a couple of people with you and come in from the north, I’ll come in from the south. Keep it quiet, and we’ll keep in contact by commlink,” she said. It was time to take control of the situation.
 

Sir Hammerlock

Guest
S
"Good show Ma'am."

A small salute followed before he unslung his rifle from his shoulder. Pushing the lever forward and cocking the weapon before he headed towards the west. His plan to double back by making a short wide circle to allow him to come in through the North-West. With his rifle held down at an angle, though ready to be drawn up at any moment, he made his way down the sand dune they had been standing upon. Sliding down the side of it slowly before gripped his weapon tightly, his finger hovering over the trigger.

Before he made his way off the sand dune he pointed towards a couple of the other volunteers. Motioning with his hand for a moment, the two with him appearing to also having a hunting background. It was a bit more pleasing to have these two with him rather than the cheeky @[member="Xander Carrick"] and the one whom seemed to be a bit more ungentlemanly @[member="Jar Dar"] in his approach.

@[member="Tamara"] @[member="Aika Kawakami"] @[member="Aronis Vilgar"] @[member="Romeo Sin"] @[member="Preliat Mantis"] @[member="Rolland CZ M1 002"] @[member="Flint Dexen"] @[member="Penumbra"] @[member="Dris Negan"] @[member="Bellalika"]
 

Aika Kawakami

Can one find true light when shadowed in darkness?
Character
Oh, how she so good at blending in. Especially when that wasn't her intention.

Aika had been moving with the group as they moved through the sands of the planet known as New Hope. It was such a strange name when so many planets within the galaxy had sentient being living on them? Why would anyone name a planet New Hope? And on such a remote and desolate planet? It all seemed like something out of a holovid. But still, she wanted to know more. As such, here she was.

Even with the others seemingly not noticing her, probably because she was in the back of the pack. A perfect place for her encase something broke out. Maybe that wouldn't happen, but she couldn't be sure. Either way, it positioned her perfectly to take cover and stay out of the others way. Force knows she wasn't here to harm even the smallest fly. As the dark-haired woman spoke of splitting up, she made the call to move with her. Even if nothing happened, any of them moving alone on a strange world like this was not the brightest move. They were in a group. Might as well stick together..somewhat.

(OOC: Sorry all!! I totally forgot about this until just now!)
@Tamara @[member="Sir Hammerlock"] @Aronis Vilgar @Romeo Sin @Preliat Mantis @Rolland CZ M1 002 @Flint Dexen @Penumbra @Dris Negan @Bellalika
 

Matreya

Well-Known Member
Writer
@[member="Aronis Vilgar"]
A man landed near Penumbra, but the stealth master did not even acknowledge the man. You had to be beyond the best of the best to sneak up on the Supreme Lord of Darkness. His own hood was drawn up, hiding everything save the swirling magma of his eyes. Clad in his Demon Armor, and equipped with every one of his usual weapons which all lay in their usual places along his body, the 8 foot giant was more then an arsenal - he was a walking war.

"I do not know you, nor will I likely see you off world after this, but more than one person may be necessary to enter. I sense a dangerous power inside of you, you may be useful. Also, names Penumbra." The Hand of the Fringe said after a few moments of debating the course of action. Nearby seemed to be a beacon of lightside energy, but right here were two powerful Sith and he felt they could do it.

As Zaiden began to channel energy, he turned finally to look at the man, "Will you come?"
 

Aronis Vilgar

Fallen Jedi
Character
@[member="Penumbra"]

May be useful? Really? Aronis had half a mind to cut the man's heart out for that comment. But that would be counter productive. Who knew, maybe this man might be useful. The man was nearly two feet taller than Aronis, wearing armor and outfitted with all sorts of weapontry.

"I am Aronis, a pleasure to meet you." He replied to this man. "I will come for now."
 

Dris Negan

Jedi
Writer
@[member="Aika Kawakami"] @[member="Tamara"] @[member="Sir Hammerlock"] @[member="Aronis Vilgar"] @[member="Romeo Sin"] @[member="Preliat Mantis"] @[member="Rolland CZ M1 002"] @[member="Flint Dexen"] @[member="Penumbra"] @Dris Negan @[member="Bellalika"]

Dris moved hesitantly from his place at Aika Kawakami's side as @[member="Sir Hammerlock"] motioned to him for the recon team, probably because of the large .308 caliber rifle he had slung across his back. The newly christened Jedi Padawan was still unsure of his place within the order because of his past. So many unknowns and variables.

No way in hell they trusted him.

Still. He'd shown his best to prove that he was grateful to the Jedi for their mercy, going to great bounds to practice meditations and various information they constantly fed him. Maybe he was starting to get the hang of this whole Jedi business? He shrugged and unslung his rifle as he moved to join the other hunter.

He'd yet to construct a lightsaber and the Jedi had aloud him to dress as he please for this particular assignment. Dris wore the garb of a spacer, which hid a light protective vest and a slugthrower pistol on his hip.

(OOC: Apologies to everyone, RL smacked me in the back of the head)
 
When the dark-haired curly lady announced that the group is going to be split up in two divisions, Jar immediately decide to join her division not because he dislikes or hates the gentleman simply because dark-haired lady's group only has two people in it and the only person that has a weapon is a jedi. So he would add more numbers and more fighting power to the group.

Something's wrong I can feel it, just a feeling I got like something's about to happen, but I don't know what, if that means what I think it means then we're in trouble big trouble, Jar thought to himself.

"Would you like me to secure a safe perimeter around us," Jar asked to the dark-haired lady, waiting for a response.

@Aika Kawakami @Aronis Vilgar @Romeo Sin @Xander Carrick @Preliat Mantis @Rolland CZ M1 002 @Flint Dexen@Penumbra @Dris Negan @Bellalika @Jar Dar
 

Tyra

Like Lightning
Character
Apparently the Gentelmen did not like me and my smirk retort. I was left with @[member="Jar Dar"], @[member="Aika Kawakami"], and @[member="Tamara"]. Which was fine with me. I took a hold of my equipment and walked after them as the man voiced that he asked if he should form a perimeter around us. Since we were more of a group than a leader that was appointed, I spoke. "Go ahead and do that, If you find anything contact us with your Communications link." Having a bag of medical supplies on my back, I was ready if anyone happened to be wounded.

With the Helmet on I looked at the two women. Clearly everyone here was older than me, but being part of a group where I was probably the only one who had a lightsaber, I might be needed. And with my small amount of medical training from the Fel Imperium, I was a major piece of the puzzle now. However, I didn't want to be as such.
 
@Aika Kawakami @Aronis Vilgar @Romeo Sin @Xander Carrick @Preliat Mantis @Rolland CZ M1 002 @Flint Dexen @Penumbra @Dris Negan @Bellalika @Jar Dar @[member="Sir Hammerlock"]

Moving forward, Tamara crept down the slope, the others in toe. She didn’t have any weapons, so as she approached the dome she was crouched low, waiting to react.

Finally she approached and hit the door release stud to the first dome. She stepped back, appalled. A skeleton lay just inside, looking totally unreal in the light. No flesh remained on it, and just the scraps of clothing. It was like the unfortunate person had been dead for a century.

“That’s…odd,” Tamara said, winning the understatement of the year award.

“Be careful. Spread out, see what you can find.” She produced her comm. “Hammerlock, take care. Something very odd has happened here. We’ve found a skeleton. No sign of combat yet.”
 

Aika Kawakami

Can one find true light when shadowed in darkness?
Character
She moved behind the dark-haired woman as they crept closer to the dome. Things were ere, to say the least. She hadn't seen so much as a soul that inhabited the planet. What type of city was called Promise, and yet showed none? It all just gave her a a bad pit in her stomach, as she was sure it did to the others as well.

Their approach came to a halt as they reach a door, turning to glance behind the group. Aika could swore she felt something behind them. Yet there was nothing. Her head turned back as she the statement about something being odd. Looking over the woman's shoulder, her eyes gained sight of what was so strange. It was a skeleton. Not the remains of someone, but a completely bare skeleton. Moving backwards quickly, she stumbled over her own feet, nearly to the ground in shock. It was no wonder they'd seen no signs of life. A skeleton would drive anyone away.

With a deep exhale she moved in through the door, carefully looking about. If there was one skeleton, there were bound to be others. Not to mention whatever had done this. Her head shook as she took at the others. "Why do I feeling this isn't the last one of these we're going to find?"

@[member="Tamara"]i @Aronis Vilgar @Romeo Sin @Xander Carrick @Preliat Mantis @Rolland CZ M1 002 @Flint Dexen @Penumbra @Dris Negan @Bellalika @Jar Dar @Sir Hammerlock
 
As, Jar was patrolling outside around the dome it was very, very weird to him that there were no signs of any life, not even a sound. Feeling insecure of his surroundings, Jar put his finger above the trigger of his blaster rifle and clutch his rifle with more grip. Jar was sick and tired of this.

While Jar was patrolling he could feel that something was definitely out of order. He then saw something that almost gave him an attack. A group of skeletons on the ground. "Who the hell did this?" ​ Jar said as he saw the skeleton bodies again.

He was then exhaling and inhaling so fast that his heart probably skipped a beat. "Guys, there's something off about this place," Jar said in his comm while he was trying to calm down, "Its like a damn forsaken planet. I have found a group of skeletons and I'm looking at them right now, just watch your backs. I have a feeling that there's a predator around here and we're its prey."

@[member="Aika Kawakami"] @[member="Dris Negan"] @[member="Aronis Vilgar"] @[member="Tamara"] @[member="Aronis Vilgar"] @[member="Xander Carrick] @Penumbra @Sir Hammerlock
 

Matreya

Well-Known Member
Writer
Zaiden would have smirked at the 'pleasure' the man felt at meeting him, but instead nodded and vanished completely from sight and no sound was to be heard. If the man reached out with the Force, he would find nothing. For the Stealth Master of the Fringe was on the move. Little did the other man know that he to was gone from sight, covered in Zaiden's Force Cloak as well.

Walking quickly, Zaiden planned each step well before it's time was necessary. None could track the Supreme Lord of Darkness, even the best of the best had to use irregular means to find him. He didn't expect the weaker of the duo to know he was being protected, but for every protection covering the Hand of the Fringe, they to were draped over Aronis. Unless they had ears like a droids sensors, or the ability to see through the Force, neither could be found by an opponent.

Soon enough, Zaiden stood next to the perimeter wall, moving for the back door. When he reached it the door slid open, revealing multiple dead bodies on the ground - all void of tissues or organs. Arching a brow at the sight, Penumbra did not hesitate. Something odd was going on...

@[member="Aronis Vilgar"]
 

Aronis Vilgar

Fallen Jedi
Character
A pleasure? The comment was for show. Now this giant had disappeared. Aronis glanced around, how nice of this man. Vanishing in the middle of their conversation without proper warning. He cursed under his breath and began casually walking down the street. This town seemed abandoned. Something was a miss. And now Aronis was stuck in the middle of this hell, alone.

Part of him thought of charging back to the ship and getting as far away as possible. The only other life form on this planet other then the Jedi had abandoned him. The Jedi, he wondered how they were faring. Hopefully worse. Aronis stood there for a moment, not knowing what to do.

Hearing a door slide open, he hurried to investigate. Approaching it, he saw a most delightful sight. Dead bodies, something was dreadfully wrong.


@[member="Penumbra"]
 

Sir Hammerlock

Guest
S
"Dreadful business."

Hammerlock broke the silence as he continued on his original path. Only stopping for a moment as he brought his hand up to signal both @[member="Dris Negan"] and the other poor member of their group. For a moment he felt uneasy, the hairs on the back of his neck stood. His eyes began to flick back and forth, his cybernetic eye flipping into the infrared spectrum before he motioned slightly with his hand.

"They found bare bones. Stripped completely. Keep on your guard."

He spoke as he stepped forward, cresting the rise as he was overlooking the complex below. For a moment he knelled, pulling a set of electrobinoculars from a small case on the back of his belt. They were useful in these situations as he slowly surveyed the area below. His focus was quickly grabbed as he stopped over a grate that appeared to cover an air vent; the metal mesh torn out.

"Right there."

Hammerlock spoke before handing the binoculars to Dris. Pointing out the grate as he focused on it with his own rifle, zeroing in his scope. It was clear something was very wrong on New Hope.

@[member="Aika Kawakami"] @[member="Aronis Vilgar"] @[member="Romeo Sin"] @[member="Xander Carrick"] @[member="Preliat Mantis"] @[member="Rolland CZ M1 002"] @[member="Flint Dexen"] @[member="Penumbra"] @[member="Bellalika"] @[member="Jar Dar"] @[member="Tamara"]
 
Top