Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mysterious Way

Running her finger along the rim of her glass for a moment before picking it up again to take a sip. Ra set it back down and leaned back slightly. Not trying to get a look into the hood, he wanted to keep his visage secret so she wasn't going to pry any more.

"Ah yes, the famous point of view argument. So what I might consider crazy, you may feel is normal. However, I don't think that is the case."

He mentioned the façade had drawbacks as well and that caused her blink a little. Her brows furrowed a little in question.

"How does that happen? I've never actually had mine backfire on me."

[member="Arkan"]

He tapped his hands on the table softly looking at her. He rapped his hand on the table, each one of his fingers hitting after the other. He took another long sip of his drink as he looked at her.

"I don't think that is a little true, in some case, but not to everyone."

Then he proceeded to raise a brow slightly at her as she question the drawbacks of facades.

"It may not have happened yet but one day something will happen because of the mask you wear."

@Ra'a'mah

Arkan tapped his fingers on the table, almost like he was bored and Ra noticed this. Making no comment on it, she wondered where the conversation was even going. It wasn't in her nature to give voice to certain things right away so would go along this route a little further to see if it became clear to her.

"I was speaking in broad and general terms, nothing specific. Certainly nothing personal to you."

Another half a smile came with her saying this and she took a sip of her drink to think on what to say to his last point.

"Any choice a person makes can cause something. For me, I keep what I'm hidden secret for a purpose. If you want to know more of what or who I am, then it won't be done over a drink in a cantina."

[member="Arkan"]

He realized he was tapping and stopped not wanting to come off as bored or impolite, just a little quirk he happened to pick up a long time ago. He was actually very interested in the conversation they were having, it'd been a while.

"I understand, just sadly no facade is whole, nothing can keep it alive, it will always fall."

Glancing back over at her he gave a soft sigh as he took in her answer.

"I figured a drink wouldn't loosen you up like most of the other girls here. Every choice brings you to the next crossroad, and to the next, until you reach the end, and each road you take becomes a piece in your life."

@Ra'a'mah

"It won't fail if it's something that's always there. You see, I'm different. Now, I know everybody is unique so don't even go there."

Holding up a hand to stop​ him from speaking if he was going to. Ra leaned forward to pick up her drink from the table. He had said he didn't expect her to loosen up easily and he had no idea what he was trying for. Getting her to really loosen would be a long project, but in a way she wondered if he was up for the challenge. Time would tell on that account.

"Agreed. However, if I could go back and make different choices, there are very few I would change. I rather like the me I am today. What about you?"

[member="Arkan"]

"Well I mean.... Uh... But...." He let out trying to get a word in before a long sigh.

Shaking his head softly as he looked at her, she was a tough one, but for some reason deep in the back of his head he wanted to crack the shell she had lifted around her and see deeper inside of her, and get to know her for her, not for this facade that she had created, and he had a hinting suspicion that she might want to do the same.

"Ah..... an age old question.... would I change my past?.... I think that is a hard question to answer, because you don't the outcomes of the other choices you could've made. Would it be better or worse? That is why it is hard"

@Ra'a'mah

Arkan did make a point when he said it would be difficult to make the decision to go back if he could and change something. It may or may not change who he was today and his life might be totally different. She nodded and gave him a small smile at this.

"A person's early life is dictated by their parental figures. In my case, it was my master. There was no love between us. However, those early choices that are made for us are quite often the ones that stick and stay with us when we become adults. Now what this man taught me is what made me who and what I am, yet I am still unique."

It touched on her previous point and reopened that door if he wanted to speak on it.

[member="Arkan"]

He understood that the point he made was not one of a yes or a no but the middle ground, he knew how the past worked and how it affected your future, and he didn't care to think of how different the world would be if he even changed one tiny decision in his life.

"Ah but sometimes the people with the best parents can turn bad, it i the choices they make and the people they surround themselves with that dictates their decisions. They can make all the bad choices in the world even if they had the best parents smothering them with their kindness and their love, but sadly each person can make bad decisions in their life."

Sighing softly he looked at her shaking his head off from another time.

@Ra'a'mah

"Oh agreed, there are some children that would rebel in such a way. I never did though. You know what I am so it might be obvious what might have happened if I did rebel. Fear is something powerful in the right hands and my master certainly had that. After he died and my life was my own, I lo..."

She stopped speaking, realizing she was opening up and telling him of her past. Narrowing her eyes slightly, Ra fell silent as she picked up her glass to finish off her drink. Setting it down and taking out the credits to pay for it, she looked at Arkan.

"If you want to know my story, you'll be able to find me. For me, I'd like you to take that chance."

There was a half smile,​ almost a smirk that came with her comment. It would be up to him if he followed her though.

[member="Arkan"]

"I may know of what you are, but I don't know anything past that. I do remember my time under my master though, it was a very long time ago though... but that's not the case of it I..."

He went to continue his sentence but stopped as he sensed that she had apparently reveled too much about her self, he did get some weird vibes, but he still had a coin toss to see whether she followed the light, the dark or the grey paths of the force.

"If you want me to find you, where should I look?"

As he said this he raised a brow slightly questioning of her, forgetting about his obstructed face.

@Ra'a'mah

Her naturally, untained golden eyes twinkled as she considered how to answer him.

"I'm not that hard to find, my dear Jedi. My name is Ra'a'mah Numare."

Reaching slowly into a pocket of her clothing, she drew out a small chip and set it on the table next to him.

"I am the lead of the Merchant Fleet within the Metal Lords and was here doing business for them. Ask around about me and you'll learn my name is well known around here. Somebody can always find me. You can find me easier now. Unless you don't want to loose me yet..."

With those words​, Ra stood up and started to leave. With a small nod, she left an open invitation for Arkan to come with her.

[member="Arkan"]

He looked back at her with interest, this was the best night at the bar he'd had.... ever.

"Jedi? Now who' coming to conclusions there?'

His eyes watched her with interest as she placed a chip in front of him, he picked it up and examined it.

"Seems ironic for a girl like you to be working with the metal lords, you know the whole flesh and all, unless your an android then that'd be interesting, I guess, but I have a feeling your more than that, and more than worth not loosing."

With the and of his sentence he stood up and followed after her.

@Ra'a'mah

"I'm not the only, what they call an organic that is part of the Metal Lords. Just one of the few that actually hold a position within them."

So far every word Ra had spoken to Arkan was true. One of the many things that made her unique among the sith ​was the fact she didn't lie when she spoke and held honor to a very high degree. Especially her own.

Arkan accepted her invitation and they walked out together.

"Now, you go around blazing like a sun and say I am assuming your alignment. If you're not a Jedi, what are you then?"

It was spoken only loud enough to be heard by him. These people didn't know what she was nor did they need to.

[member="Arkan"]

"Ah I see that's very interesting, I thought they were just full of droids and other such."

He was very interested in what she was telling him. He enjoyed the conversation that they were having, it was unique and was definitely a little unusual, but he didn't mind having one of those.

Deciding to stand beside her he gave her a sideways glance as they walked.

"I am a man, who walks the path of my own choosing, whether I am Jedi, or Sith, or somewhere in between is for me to know... and you to find out."

Dropping his voice down so only she could hear he ended his sentence with a slight chuckle.

@Ra'a'mah

"Well, the leadership is mostly droids, however nothing can fully replace what an organic can do."

Ra had almost started sounding like a droid as she spoke, picking up on the language they used with her and around each other. There was still the human tone in her voice and that never went away. There would be no doubt on if she was human or not. If nothing else, there was always the fact a droid couldn't use the Force.

Chuckling a little at what Arkan said about her having to find out what path he followed, Ra gave a mental roll of her eyes.

"We're lucky I'm not more conventional for those of my calling. How do you suggest I find out?"

She would lead them into another establishment and give a simple nod to the barkeeper there. A motion was made and a hidden door opened in one of the walls. Leading the way into the room, if Arkan still followed, he would find something that looked like a small den. Comfortable for talking and private.

[member="Arkan"]

"That is a very true fact, they aren't that bad but they can't do everything we can."

His voice was deep, a deep bass voice but was smooth as running water sounding very formal, as if he were some sort of royalty giving him a sense of being proper, but his look contradicted this. He looked like the darkest of nights in his face, but costume seemed to be the lightest of days, a very pure white.

Looking back at her he gave her a chuckle back as they continued walking.

"Well I bet there's several ways that you can find out, it's your path to choose."

He followed her to the other cantina and just nodded and shrugged as he followed after her. As she walked up to the barkeep and nodded while the barkeep opened up a secret door. He raised a brow slightly and shrugged, Might be fun, he thought as he followed her into the secret room looking around.

@Ra'a'mah

"Would you care for something to drink?"

As soon as they entered the secret room and the door closed behind them, Ra lowered her façade to allow Arkan the freedom to feel her through the Force. The establishment was one for the Assassins of sith and she was one of them. However, she had no intention of assassinating her companion. ​

The people here knew what she liked to drink and if he wanted anything she would request that along with her preferred drink. The barkeep came in with the drink and left, leaving them to talk in private.

"Now then, there might be a few ways to find out. However, I'm not one to play games very often. If you're not a Jedi with all that light around you, what are you?"

If the need was there, ​Ra could banter with the best of them. It came with her line of work and he already knew she was head of the merchant fleet. If he knew that much, then Arkan should be able to figure out the rest.

[member="Arkan"]

"Sure, what have you got?"

He asked her with an inquisitive voice as they entered the room, his eyes looked around taking everything in, and then suddenly he felt her presence in the force again but not hiding this time and he just looked at for a moment taking in the feeling of her.

Looking at her they sat down together and he looked her over feeling her with the force just feeling it with his head trying to figure what to make of it, like someone trying to figure out a gift or a wrapped present.

With her question he tapped his chin for a few moments before speaking, "I am me, and that is all that I will be. Me, myself, and I. If you do not like that answer then I'm sorry."

With this question he focused full on her as he sat there. His eyes now took her over again but this time at the same time he was feeling her with the force, seeing how it changed his prospective.

@Ra'a'mah

"Anything you want can be provided for you."

That was one of the things Ra liked about this small, hole in the wall establishment that only a select few were allowed to enter​. They had anything you could think of to drink. Neither she nor the bartender were psychic...at least not without her using the Force and even then it would be probe memories and not what he wanted to drink.

She felt his probing of her through the Force and allowed it happen. He answered her vaguely and Ra gave a mental roll to her eyes.

"Of course, such is the case for all of us. So you are alone then. I don't just mean for the evening, but in life. Are you missing something and were seeking it at that cantina?"

[member="Arkan"]

"Well then I'll make it simple, some Corellian Ale will do nicely."

He said this with his deep smooth voice, finally he stopped feeling her presence in the force and began to look around the room again seeing what was in the small room. Looking over a few objects he shrugged before he pulled his attention back to the ginger woman in front of him and listened to her as she spoke to him.

His answer wasn't meant to be avoiding or confusing just truthful, he didn't consider himself a Jedi.

"Sadly, we are never truly alone in this galaxy, we as force users know that there is always something there with us, listening, helping us on our journey in this life and perhaps to the next."

@Ra'a'mah

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom