Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private My Strange Shadow

I have been gaining a lot of interest for New Cov and NCBC lately. I have been holding a lot of meetings both here and abroad. My political aspirations are growing. Soon I shall have another trip to Coruscant to learn more about the Senate there and to report more on whether or not New Cov could benefit from it. Just how much would someone like me be heard if it is dysfunctional?

And although there has been no more attempts to kidnap me by practioners of the Force; it has not appeased my Father that I am safe from harm. In some respects I can understand his worry, for some of my meetings have been held with some men that would give many pause. I cannot tell if they are Force practioners without help and the last thing that NCBC needs is to have me manipulated into not being able to make my own choices.

And so my Father arranged for a Shadow to be hired to watch over me. I do not enjoy the prospect for I have very little privacy as it is, yet I must comply with his wishes. Still, I am at least allowed some choice in the matter in that if I really do not like the man; his employment will be terminated. His payment is not to be in credits either, but in something else that my Father will not tell me about. That in and of itself makes me wonder just what kind of plans my Father has up his sleeve. One way or another I will find out.

I sit in my drawing room on one of the sofas next to a tall window. I am nearly finished the latest chspter in my book. My guest will soon be arriving and I just hope that I am finished with the chapter beforehand. I hope that he is a gentleman at the very least.

Tag: SKIP SKIP

Skip was nervous. First days at a new job were always stressful. Especially with all that was at stake.
Dressed in a sharp looking business suit, he knocked on the door. All but holding his breath. He nervously fingered the white kyber crystal that hung around his neck. He promised he would do better, so here he was. Making an attempt at honest work.

The knock arrives just as I finish my chapter. Perfect. Only a few more to go before I finish this latest story.

I set my book down on an end table and rise to my feet. I straighten out the creases in my dress and walk towards the door. I place my hand on the handle and open it. The man on the other side is not quite what I expected, although I can appreciate his attire. "Welcome. Please come inside." I step to the side to allow him entry and then close the door behind him. "Can I offer you a refreshment?"

Skip stepped into drawing room. “No thank you. I don’t drink on the job.” He said, politely declining the offer of refreshments. He took off the rose tinted aviator sunglasses and hung them from the breast pocket of his jacket. He took a few steps around the room, surveying it before turning back to the woman he was tasked wi to protecting. Extending his hand for a handshake. “Solomon Kincaid Penningson. Though if you call me that, we’ll have problems. Everyone calls me Skip.” He introduced himself.

I can appreciate his dedication to duty. That is how I operate as well. The whole concept was bore into me since my youth.

I take his hand and give it a shake, cupping my free hand overtop of my ring in such a way so that I can see enough in the shadow to know that it is glowing. Right now I find that I should not be too surprised. It seems as though nearly everyone is a practioner of the Force but me and my parents. I must be careful of course for they have abilities that I can only dream of.

"Liin Terallo. Although everyone calls me Miss Terallo. Pleasure to meet you." I let go of his hand and clasp my hands in front of me. "Is this your first visit to New Cov?"

“Pleasure to meet you, Miss Terallo.” He said with a smile. “It is in fact.” Skip had traveled a great deal of the Galaxy. Having visited the Jedi Temple on Coruscant, to Susevfi. Yet never to this corner of the Galaxy. “First time.”

"Well then I should warn you about the jungles. There is a good reason why all of our cities here are under domes. The jungles are not safe and they do not like to be intruded upon. So during your off time, I suggest that you stay within the cities or go offworld." I do not know what he likes to do during his spare time, but exploring the jungles should not become a part of it.

Liin Terallo Liin Terallo
Skip smirked at the remark about there being danger outside the domes. He was sure there was plenty of danger inside the domes as well, otherwise they wouldn’t have hired Skip. From Skip’s experience, the greed of man created monsters far more ferocious than any wild animal.
Although, he had it admit, it was a little cute that she was worried about his safety, when it was his job to keep her safe.

{ I apologize for the delay. Work took a lot of my time }

He gives me a silent smirk and I cannot help but wonder what he is thinking. Perhaps he sees my warning as but a mere challenge. I cannot be certain, but I am sure that such a notion is common among those of his profession.

"Have you any questions for me, Mister Skip?"

SKIP SKIP

“Just one.” Skip said. “People with safe professions often don’t need a body guard. So, if you don’t mind me asking.” He paused to consider his nexts words carefully. “Why do you need a bodyguard.”
If Skip was going to risk his life, he at least wanted to know why.

His remark makes me curious. There can be different meanings behind it. Does he believe that my profession is a safe one? Or does he not have any idea of what he has signed up for? I can only hope that it is the latter.

"I am soon to be a junior member of the Board of Directors which runs New Cov. I am also this planet's representative on the galactic stage. Therein lies the risk. There has been a kidnapping attempt of me recently which has raised security concerns as you can well imagine. It is our hope that another attempt will not be made. That is where you come in, Mister Skip."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom