Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My Friend and Enemy

The Reaper of Won Shasot

The dimmed lights of the bar shone into the even less lit street of the city as Dax quietly moved through the empty streets, beelining straight for the door. He needed a drink. Hell, at this point the man had begun to wonder if he was an alcoholic. Well even if he was, it wasn't about to stop him from this Correllian Brandy.

The door opened, and Dax saw many others hunched over at tables or the counter, nursing their own drinks. One or two of them seemed to be having a good time, laughing with a couple of their friends, but most seemed to wallowing in the fact that they were stuck constructing starship parts to the end of there days. One person in the bar however stood out among the rest. A flame of red hair sat at the counter, belonging to a person and a presence the Rogue hadn't felt or seen in many a year.

Dax took a seat beside the flame-haired woman, "Buy you a drink?"

[member="Kaalia Pavanos"]

"It's starting to get comical, you know." Kaalia chuckled, slightly raising her glass to show it was not yet empty but filled with Corellian brandy, which was often her drink of choice. She would be keeping it light on the number of drinks however as she would be leaving the planet that night to go home, her business on Duro finished. A miscommunication had led to her ship not getting refueled at the spaceport beforehand and she had been informed it would take some time to make it flight-ready, which had led her to a nearby cantina to pass the time. "No matter what happens, we run into each other at one point or another. How many times has it been now?"

The last time the two had seen each other was many years ago, when the woman was still a Sith Knight. The meeting had started with drawn weapons but ended with them working together to extract valuable treasures from a Sith tomb, an adventure she couldn't help but look back on fondly despite the few close calls they had had. Much had changed since then; the Sith Empire had been established, she had ascended to the rank of Sith Lady, she had gotten married, and even became the mother of twins. Despite all that, some things never changed. Kaalia Pavanos-Voldaren would always see Dax Fyre again. It was like fate decreed it.

Kaalia took a small sip and let the amber liquid swirl around her tongue for a moment before swallowing, savoring the slight burning sensation as it went down. "I see you haven't gotten yourself killed since our tomb raiding adventure. Life been treating you well?"

[member="Dax Fyre"]

The Reaper of Won Shasot
The woman was quite right, it was getting comical. Dax gestured to the bartender who brought him his own glass of brandy from which he took a brief sip. "I believe this makes four now. At least it didn't start with us trying to kill each other this time." he commented, setting the glass down. Admittedly, the man had initiated the fight two of the three times, but still. It was nice to not be destroying the bar right now.

"Life's been...interesting. I'm the leader of a Force Order now. Lord of an entire planet. Tried to kill my best friend once, kinda lost my mind on that one...it's been interesting. Yourself? You seem well."

"I'd say it's a step in the right direction. Although I wouldn't be surprised if we find ourselves fighting each other again at one point or another. I've given up on trying to make sense of it, to be entirely honest." With a shrug Kaalia rose her glass to her lips once again, taking another sip. The relationship between the two was most definitely a complicated one, but she was glad they were able to just sit down and share a drink for the first time.

While the woman listened to the short version of what Dax had been through since they had last met, she had to agree with the claim that his life had been interesting. "Huh, wow. You seem very casual about it all but, uh..." She took another sip to let it sink in for a moment. All three things were no doubt very intriguing stories. "Those aren't things you hear everyday, and you don't really ever expect the lord of a planet to get a drink in a cantina of all places."

Kaalia then put up her elbows on the bar and clasped her hands together, drawing attention to the ring that wrapped around her finger. "Things have definitely been going well for me, absolutely. I have founded a Force order of my own, actually," she said with an amused scoff, "then there was this one person who I had been seeing for a while, and well, let's just say I share her last name now. And we've got twins. Never expected I would be able to say that."

[member="Dax Fyre"]

The Reaper of Won Shasot
Dax shrugged at her comments upon his life over the last few years. Although he had to laugh at the comment about a lord and a cantina, "Yeah, well we don't even have hyperspace travel right now. And nothing beats a good Correllian Brandy."

The man sipped at his drink as he listened to the woman attentively. It wasn't a surprise to him that she'd managed to begin a Force order, she had always been a formidable adversary, and she seemed, in his opinion, to have had the makings of a great leader. He was glad for her. What he was surprised to hear was that she'd actually settled down. Well 'settled down' as much as anyone like them could...although Dax doubted there were many of those.

He patted the woman on the back, "Well hey look at you, I'm glad for you!" Dax actually meant it in this case. It was odd, being happy for someone who was supposed to be your enemy. "Who's the lucky guy or gal?" he asked.

"Her name's Ishana. Perhaps I'm a bit biased, but she's the most beautiful woman in the galaxy. Not the delicate flower kind, but the badass kind for lack of a better term. Used to be a fighter pilot, but called it quits after she got outnumbered, shot down, and almost died." It had not been the first time her now-wife had been shot down, but it was the first time it had happened after Kaalia met her. "I was the one who saved her from the wreckage, actually. While I was carrying her to safety is when she proposed to me. We had been together for only a few months, right before that moment I wasn't even convinced the notion of marriage was even for me, but many years later it was still the best decision I have ever made."

Kaalia couldn't contain a short-lived laugh before smothering it with a good sip of her own brandy to finish it, then setting the glass back down with a satisfying thud. "And in regards to your lordship," she then said while signalling to the bartender for another drink, "and another for him, too. It's on me." The empty glass in front of her was taken away and a new drink was waiting, one more couldn't do too much bad. "As I was saying, you have to start somewhere, but I definitely agree with your statement on brandy." Bringing up the glass, she offered a toast. "I wasn't planning on having another, but the occasion calls for it. Got anything you'd like to drink on?"

[member="Dax Fyre"]

The Reaper of Won Shasot
"That's quite a story." the Rogue said as he polished off his glass as well, the bartender bringing over their new drinks, "I'm pretty sure I'm the one who's supposed to buy you apology drinks." he joked, raising his glass in thanks. "But hey, I'm happy for you, everyone needs someone to come home to, I think."

Dax thought about a toast for a moment before settling on it, "To your new found companionship, to the starts of two badass new Force Orders, and to damn good brandy!" The light warmth of the alcohol had begun to flood through Dax's body as he raised his glass in toast, to what would hopefully be a better future for both of them. For the first time in a long time, things appeared to looking up for once.

@Kaalia Povanos

"I'd say we both have equal levels of responsibility for the times we tried to kill each other," Kaalia said in an amused tone as she dropped down the credits to pay for the drink she had bought onto the bar. In truth, the reason the two had been hostile towards each other in the first place had become a bit hazy. It was very unlike her to forget such things, but in the end she figured it mattered very little. "So this was me paying the bill. The next time you'll be the one who buys the drinks, deal?" The proposal was followed by a chuckle.

After a shrug in response to the toast Kaalia tipped her glass against Dax' and raised it upwards. "Works for me," the answer sounded before she brought it to her lips and took a good swig of the amber liquid, feeling the kick almost instantly. She nodded and blew out air through her mouth to give away it was quite the amount of brandy she drank in one go, but beyond that it seemed she took it well. "Yeah, that is most definitely the last one of tonight. Wouldn't want to come home drunk." There was a bit of time to be spent in hyperspace to sleep off the buzz she was feeling now- experience had given her a good grasp on her limits.

"Speaking of coming home, I do think you're right. Nobody wants to be alone." There had been times, even if they seemed like lifetimes ago now, where the woman truly felt alone. She knew both worlds very well and by extension knew how lucky she was. "Speaking of which, do you have someone waiting for you at home?"

[member="Dax Fyre"]

The Reaper of Won Shasot
The liquid burned like fire as it traveled down the man's throat, a hearty heat for the cold of space. He slammed down glass onto the counter, quite satisfied with himself, an audible 'ahhh' letting loose. "Aw, c'mon Kaalia, not often you get to drink with someone who tried to kill you, c'mon the next one's one me remember?" the Rogue said, amiably, not quite done for the night.

"Yes and no," Dax answered, "I adopted a little girl recently, she was...well it involved a crazy Sith and tributes, anyways, yeah, so I've home now, kinda taken to calling her Saya. Haven't found her parents so for now she's been travelling with me. Tiny little thing. In terms of my love life? Ehhh, that's a confusing one, I don't even know what's going on there anymore if I'm goin' to be honest." To say Dax's love life was confusing at the moment would've been considered an understatement at this point. Long time, unrequited love, a fight with his best friend, yeah, that was the other half of the story he'd not bothered to recount quite yet.

"I know my limits, Dax. I don't want to come home to my wife drunk. Not that she would mind all that much, but for other reasons." With that, Kaalia took a look at the small pool of liquid that was left in her glass. "If you know what I'm saying," a chuckle, "Bottoms up." She took the final sip of the night, savoring the taste for a while before sending it down.

The woman had to actively make sure sure she did not spit it back out however, amused by the story of his adopted daughter, if that was the right term. "You know, you are way too casual about those kind of things." The holocommunicator in her pocket began to buzz, giving the signal that the ship was ready to take off at any time. For now she was content with staying here, but it was good to know she could head home whenever she wished now. "I hope Saya's doing alright, at the very least." As a mother herself she couldn't help but be at least somewhat worried, but there wasn't much for her to do.

"And if a topic such like that is confusing, it generally means there's a good story behind that. Is it something shareable?" After all, cantinas were the perfect backdrop for such tales. Still, Kaalia did not want to force it out of him if he wasn't willing.

[member="Dax Fyre"]

The Reaper of Won Shasot
"Ah, you're no fun." Dax chided teasingly as he ordered himself one last drink. At Kaalia's comment on him being too casual he simply shrugged, "I guess when you've seen and experienced as many weird, wacky, and occasionally concerning things as I have, things cease to surprise or worry you."

As calm as he could be however, Dax couldn't help but chuckle to himself about trying to explain the roller coaster of a ride that was his romantic life. "Yeah, it's shareable," he said, "well, remember that best friend I told you I almost killed? Well, his fiance was this woman I've been fallin' for for the past however many years. Since I first met her really, and I was still an Apprentice back then, so suffice it to say it's been a while." the bartender finally brought Dax his drink and the Rogue took a long sip of liquid courage, "They'd been together for years, and I was close with both of them. I wasn't about to try and ruin their happiness. At least not on purpose. After my friend and I fought though, he disappeared. Then when I came back, I found out she disappeared. But she at least pops back up and finds me, but he doesn't...so we do some catching up and I explain what happened to her and she...she doesn't just forgive me right? She kisses me. And since then, we've been getting closer, but...I dunno man, I nearly killed her fiance, she may say she's forgiven me, but I haven't forgiven myself, ya know?" There was a dull, pain-stricken look in Dax's eyes as he stared into his cup before taking another swig, drinking clearly having become something he'd been doing much more frequently as of late, "I love her though...I...I just don't know what to do about it."

As Dax began to tell his story, Kaalia shifted her demeanor from laid-back to more serious, making sure she showed that it wasn't seen as a laughing matter. Although not having been through anything of that caliber herself, it wasn't very hard for her to step in his shoes and understand the complex nature of the situation he was in. Although some details were somewhat vague the core of the issue was clear to see. Once again the woman counted her blessings with how things had developed between Ishana and herself; although her now-wife implied an aversion to long-term relationships in general up until she proposed, which had Kaalia constantly fearing losing her at a moment's notice, it had never come to that and today that fear was long gone. Everytime she came home, Ishana was there.

"That's a difficult situation, to say the least," the redhead responded after Dax finished his story. "From what you have told me, I think the most important thing is trying to come to terms with the past. Things happen and you can't change them afterwards, but you can control how it affects you." It was something that applied to almost all things in life and mistakes one had made were no exception. Her right hand moved to pat him on the back and at the same time she gave him a reassuring nod. "If anything though, be careful if you do decide to get closer to her. I'm not sure how things would be between you and your friend, but in whatever case things could get pretty hairy if he finds out. That kind of thing can burn bridges."

[member="Dax Fyre"]

The Reaper of Won Shasot
Dax nodded, appreciating his friend's, well, he supposed he could call her a friend now, sage advice and words of comfort. "Things happen, and you can't change them afterwards, but you can control how it affects you," she'd told him. "Yeah, I know. And I'm working on it...still...something's shouldn't have happened to begin with, but I guess I gotta come to terms with that." the Rogue took another sip of his drink, "And I'm being careful. I'm not about to rush into something, and not just because I nearly killed her fiance. If she decides to make a move, I'll go along with it, but otherwise, I'll wait."

The Rogue polished off his drink and set it down quietly, a deep sigh leaving him, "Thanks Kaalia. I owe you a drink next time." he said, still staring quietly into the empty glass.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom