Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private My fee has doubled

NOBLE HOUSE

Makko collapsed in exhaustion. The triplets were finally down. He had read The Drexl that Pooped a Planet four times. He had intercepted Adam trying to wake up Aurra twice. Aris and Vera were no longer fighting over what was on the screen before they had to go to bed.

He was half tempted to see if Kahlil and Valery had any beers in the fridge.

Despite how tolerant and understanding Valery had been with him over the years - he had hardly been the best influence on her students - getting caught with a stolen beer by Vera would end badly.

"Hey, we were going to watch..."

Makko sighed. There had been peace and quiet for a whole ten minutes.

"Why..." he muttered to himself "...would anyone have so many children."

He adored them all. It was rooted in never having any siblings of his own and instead caring for the younger members Inducted into the street gang that had adopted him.

But triplets...

He was going to run a holonet search later in how frequent such an occurrence was. As much as he might have wanted children one day, he didn't want to be run into the ground by three at once.

BB-610 BB-610

ᴏɴᴇꜱ ᴀɴᴅ ᴢᴇʀᴏᴇꜱ

bb610.png

GADividerBlue.png

| LOCATION: Noble Home, Epicanthix |
| TAG: Makko Vyres Makko Vyres |

With the front door sliding open, BB-610 arrived home, rolling inside with a tethered bird cage trailing shortly behind him, housing a sleeping Scampi. The porg had hurt himself in his mischief, and so the droid had flown to the Jedi Temple's infirmary to have him patched up. Thankfully, Makko had offered to babysit the Noble children in BB-610's absence, but the astromech had returned much sooner than expected. Not too surprising in hindsight when your medic was Master Amani.

Scampi was placed back inside his play area upstairs, and with his duties fulfilled, BB-610 ventured back downstairs to check on his family, and to possibly see if Makko had passed away yet while looking after an ensemble of nightmares. To his delight, the Jedi Knight was still kicking, albeit visibly exhausted. The droid hadn't known him well personally, but he was a family friend, and so BB-610 had trusted him entirely.

BB-610 bweeped in greeting, quickly noting the absence of five headaches running around. He rolled forward, idly scrutinizing the room in order to pick up any excess messes with his scans, but the droid's qualms were quickly dismissed with a satisfied chirp.

Giggling quietly, the astromech told Makko that the kids weren't easy to look after. They never would have been with the parents they have; far too much stubbornness. BB-610 bweeped, thanking the Jedi for taking care of them, and he asked if there was anything the droid could do for him, given how tired he looked.

GADividerBlue.png

Last edited:
Makko could both understand droid speak and he had a neural implant that could exchange messages directly over a short proximity. He gave a wave to Bee and nodded along.

"Vera and Auri are still up," he admitted. It was fairly obvious from the volume of the show from the other room.

"The three demons are asleep...for now."

A quick holonet search flicked up on his neural interface. There was a genetic predisposition.

Thinking about triplets had triggered another thought: Cora was from a group of eight siblings and at least one set of twins. He had mixed feelings about this. A little fear, but also a touch of confusion knowing he was thinking such things when they weren't even dating again.

"I'll be alright Bee. I'm just..."

He rolled one hand around in the air as pressed his exhausted mind towards some words and mentally wound the clock forwards.

Makko would almost certainly have forgotten something on the 'todo' list. He wasn't very good at remembering them, but Kahlil and Val always seemed grateful enough for the emergency cover for whatever they were upto that he hadn't been fired yet.

"...psyching myself up to tell Aris and Vera to turn on. So just be ready to give me just a little shock for me. So the porg is alright? How are you Bee?" Makko asked.

He felt a little guilty for not being able to remember the porg's name and also for never stopping to actually talk to Bee.

Last edited:
ᴏɴᴇꜱ ᴀɴᴅ ᴢᴇʀᴏᴇꜱ

bb610.png

GADividerBlue.png

| LOCATION: Noble Home, Epicanthix |
| TAG: Makko Vyres Makko Vyres |

As poor Makko spoke, the droid got to busying himself with some idle rearranging. BB-610 was a synthetic being of metal and wires and even he pushed his internal power gauge to its limits when it came to handling the Noble children, so he couldn't even begin to think how an organic would feel after a day's worth of babysitting. Thankfully, it had provided him the experience necessary to care for a human after they'd fatigued himself, so while Makko wasn't a child himself, the droid's programming and caring nature had urged him to try and help.

BB-610 approached one of the chairs, his utility arm emerging to grab one of the pillows. It was promptly fluffed up, his analytics providing him the perfect level of softness for maximum comfort, as he rolled over to the couch Makko had slumped over to plop the pillow by his head. Soon after, the astromech navigated one of the cupboards, fishing out a clean blanket to slowly drape over the Jedi.

Humming to himself, BB-610 then rolled to the kitchen, fetching a refreshing glass of cold water, bringing it over to Makko and gingerly placing it atop the couch's arm. Finally done, the astromech opened the vents on one of his tool-bay discs, internal fan whirring as BB-610 redirected its current and aimed its breeze directly towards Makko.

Cooing gently, BB-610 replied by saying that Scampi was much better now, and that he himself was doing fairly well too. Glancing briefly upstairs, he bweeped, telling the Jedi that he didn't mind handling Vera and Aris if Makko didn't want to.

Regardless, he wanted to make sure his guest was feeling well otherwise, so the droid chirped, asking Makko how things were going for him in the Order.

GADividerBlue.png

Makko had lived on Denon in a digital ecosystem. He had implants in the back of his neck that could connect him into networks directly. It had been used for slicing across Denon's holonet, but it also gave him a perspective on things.

It meant that he felt the lines between organic and droid sentience was somewhat blurred. If he could have machine parts that interfaced his consciousness to a network, how different could they be?

Living on Denon also gave him a particular slant on workers rights and corporate greed.

"That's really kind," he said to Bee, "But please, you don't have to sit there and fan me, alright? You probably need a break too. I'm glad Scampi is alright!"

"How about I deal with them. They're normally pretty good but standby to help with a little shock or something," he joked. "Then I can watch some shows and..."

Raid the Noble fridge.

"...and you can grab an oil bath or watch some stuff too?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom