Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private A Little Heart to Heart

ᴏɴᴇꜱ ᴀɴᴅ ᴢᴇʀᴏᴇꜱ

bb610.png

GADividerBlue.png

| LOCATION: NJO Temple, Coruscant |
| TAG: Amani Serys Amani Serys |

BB-610 shushed, a synthetic hiss as he tried to half-heartedly silence the ongoing whimpers and annoyingly high-pitched cries of the caged porg behind him, harness wrapped around the lower end of the astromech's head to better drag it along. Scampi had grown into a rambunctious little rascal over the years, now a little bigger than he was when he'd been adopted, with a habit of leaving disaster after disaster in his wake. His most recent escapade had gotten him tangled up in ribbons intended for a gift, and as he'd tried to fly across the room, it had gotten caught on something, sending the porg crashing against the wall with a sprained ankle and a broken left wing. He'd researched how to care for pets before, but even BB-610 knew when things were best left to the professionals.

So he'd flown to Coruscant, rolling through the halls of the Jedi Temple with Scampi in tow. He'd located the infirmary - which was seemingly devoid of patients - and had stood by the seats, utility arm propping up the porg's cage to rest atop one of them. The droid removed the blanket that shrouded the bird cage, letting Scampi observe the foreign room, which did very little to conceal his pained and panicked screeches. BB-610 hushed him once more, this time getting the seabird's attention for the briefest of seconds, before it was back to wailing. Giving up with a defeated grunt, the droid instead decided to study the room, still just as bleak as it was back when he'd dragged Valery inside after she'd gotten seriously injured during a mission. He wasn't entirely sure if the individual that would attend to him was well-versed in veterinary procedures, but he'd sooner take those chances than risk hurting Scampi even more by attempting them himself.

GADividerBlue.png

"Oh dear, what is that noise?" An automated voice came from behind the doors behind the check-in station. Its tone was incessantly chipper, in spite of its question; The doors swung open, and a humanoid droid stepped through. His face was a screen, on which simple, digitized expressions changed as he spoke, "Oh. Hello. You do not look like Jedi. Can I help you?" EmTee cocked his head to the side.

Just a moment later, Amani came through the same doors, rubbing her ear in response to the shrill bird cries. She then stopped in her tracks when she saw who it was, "…Bee? And Scampi?" It had been a while since she saw the porg, but her and Bee had just gone on their first proper mission together not long ago.

"You know them?"

"I do. I'll take care of this, EmTee."

"Very well." The droid smiled and bowed, before posting up at the front desk.

Amani approached their two guests and knelt down, "Can't say I expected to run into you two here. What's going on?"

ᴏɴᴇꜱ ᴀɴᴅ ᴢᴇʀᴏᴇꜱ

bb610.png

GADividerBlue.png

BB-610's attention snapped to the sound of an unknown voice, photoreceptors locked in on the approaching droid. The astromech marvelled, surprised to see another of his kind when so frequently had the infirmary been staffed with organics, chirping in greeting. Before the BB-unit was able to introduce himself, a second voice joined them, this one much more familiar. He wobbled excitedly, greeting Amani with a flurry of happy binary, incredibly relieved to have been addressed by somebody he knew. It made sense, in hindsight, with Amani's role as a healer.

He turned to the porg, bweeping in concern as he said that Scampi had played too rough and hurt himself and was now unable to fly. As though he were able to sense that he had been mentioned, the seabird squeaked, right wing flapping fruitlessly while his left quivered in pain, twitching idly. BB-610 continued, saying that he didn't want to try repairing Scampi himself, so he thought he would visit the temple's infirmary for help.

BB-610's utility arm emerged, rising to unstrap the cage's harness from around his head. He turned back to Amani, his binary gentle as he asked her how she was doing ever since Ukatis. The war's events had weighed heavy on many, and he had been grateful for her help during their fight.

GADividerBlue.png

"Good to see you too," Amani chuckled at the droid's enthusiasm, offering him a single pat on his "shoulder" in greeting. They quickly got to business, with Bee explaining that Scampi had hurt himself while playing. As if to accentuate, the porg displayed his weak wing, "Aw. Poor buddy," Amani pouted at the sight, "I think I can help." In a galaxy where being an effective doctor means being able to understand and treat the needs of numerous different alien species, all with their own distinct biologies, the work of physicians and veterinarians tended to overlap. She reached out a hand, offering to carry Scampi's cage to the exam room.

He turned back to Amani, his binary gentle as he asked her how she was doing ever since Ukatis.

Amani gave Bee a weary smile, "I'm doing okay, in no small part thanks to you. Just… tired," After every major battle, the Healing Hall got more busy, not to mention all the relief work to manage at the battle sites. But it wasn't just that; It was the fighting itself she was tired of, and the slightest edge to her tone seemed to indicate as much. Rather than dwell on it, she asked back, "What about you?"

ᴏɴᴇꜱ ᴀɴᴅ ᴢᴇʀᴏᴇꜱ

bb610.png

GADividerBlue.png

He'd have offered to carry the cage himself, but he was in Amani's world now, and he knew as well as anyone that some people preferred as little interference as possible within their workplace. Instead, the droid simply shushed Scampi some more as the Jedi transferred him over to another room, with the porg squawking desperately at the sudden motion. Upon being placed back down, Scampi's cries grew quieter, though his bugging eyes and trembling lips painted a less than enthused expression on his face. BB-610 followed after them, making sure to keep his distance should Amani need the legroom.

"I'm doing okay, in no small part thanks to you. Just… tired."

The droid nodded, clearly understanding. Tired was a good way of putting the heaviness that weighed on much of the Galactic Alliance, and a part of him welled with guilt from not being able to help more. BB-610 couldn't imagine what her days were like, and so he opted to keep the mood light, in a humble attempt to hold high spirits. The astromech chirped, replying that he had been a bit banged up, but nothing he wasn't used to. The scuffle on Ukatis had earned him a few scratches and subtle dents to his chassis, though they were the least of his concerns.

Bweeping, he thanked her. A pregnant pause, and the droid soon specified with more binary, mentioning that Amani had saved him, and that he owed her. His tone was chipper, for however bittersweet the statement was. BB-610 glanced to Scampi, currently shaking with flared feathers. He bweeped once more, mentioning that she was incredibly gifted, before jokingly apologizing for the headache she might get from Scampi's squeals.

The porg fidgeted, visibly intimidated by her, having backed up as much as possible against his cage.

GADividerBlue.png

The jaunt through the waiting room was brief. Compared to an actual hospital, the Hall of Healing was relatively small, but state of the art. It looked more pleasant too: One of the walls had a pleasant art piece crafted by Iris Arani, and many others were spruced up by fresh plant life, courtesy of Amani herself. She had taken great strides in making the Hall her own, since taking over as Chief Healer. It certainly beat the blank clinical whiteness of most medical facilities, in her mind.

They made their way into a small room, soothing colors like those from the grand painting bleeding inside. Amani set the porg down, and turned back to Bee with a soft smile. She waved her hand dismissively, "You paid it back by saving me during the fight." As far as she was concerned, Bee didn't owe her anything. It was just two friends and allies helping each other, as they should. Amani chuckled at the warning, "I'll live."

The porg seemed rather intimidated by her still. Amani knelt down to get closer to eye level, and waved a finger at him, "Hey there Scampi." She unlatched his cage, offering to let him out, "I can help you feel better, if that's okay with you…" The healer cooed, trying to coax him out.

ᴏɴᴇꜱ ᴀɴᴅ ᴢᴇʀᴏᴇꜱ

bb610.png

GADividerBlue.png

BB-610 liked Amani. There was always an air of maturity around her, and while that would have perhaps intimidated him once, the astromech had grown far past the skittish little droid he used to be to the point where he could now recognize her company as comforting. He could tell she was a mother, with the gentleness behind her words breeding reassurance. They were clean and simple, with a warmth to them that let him know that she was a friend first and an authority figure second, but with a confidence that carried her tone to let him know that Scampi was in capable hands.

The porg flinched, quivering at the finger hovering inches before him. He slowly settled, convinced that it was no longer a threat, with the Jedi's soft coos earning a much softer attention as Scampi tilted his head, letting out a wavering coo to match hers. He fidgeted, wide eyes glancing over to the droid, who chirped in reassurance, binary quiet. Amani was met with another stare, and the seabird finally began to move.

To BB-610's amazement, the porg had inched forward with the struggle of one injured leg, pushing himself to the entrance of his cage. His body language had calmed, feathers fluffed back down, but he refused to budge any further, whether it be from nerves or pain. His whines continued, much less ear-piercing.

The droid noted the progress, bweeping in astonishment as he said that Scampi very rarely let people touch him, and that he was usually difficult to take care of. The porg's bad wing trembled, flapping uselessly as he idly shifted his weight.

BB-610 cooed, quietly telling him that it was going to be okay, and that the nice lady was going to take care of him. The astromech glanced back up to Amani, his gaze soft. He bweeped once more, asking her when she took an interest in being a healer.

GADividerBlue.png

With some gentle coaxing on her part, and some reassurances from Bee, Amani got the little porg to bravely meet her halfway. "Alright. I'm going pick you up now, okay?" She slowly reached in to take Scampi out of the cage, if he let her, at which point she would briefly and very tenderly feel the injured wing for any noticeable abnormalities. Then the healer promptly placed the porg down on a soft pad she laid atop the exam table, and went to go retrieve a bio scanner.

"Well… pretty much since I joined the Jedi," Amani answered Bee, "I was taken in by the Silvers when I was young, after my family and I came down with a rare disease that had spread across our home. I was a pretty sickly kid in general, but somehow I persevered through the worst of it. My parents… didn't." She frowned, pausing her story for a moment as she relived the events, "A Jedi healer came to town to try and cure the illness. They noticed my Force-sensitivity, and figured it had some part to play in how I managed to fight off the worst of it. I didn't have anywhere else to go, so they took me in."

Amani returned to the exam table with her scanner, raising it to Scampi's frame as it spooled up, "I think that instilled me with a desire to save anyone else from going through that. My mentor helped foster that in me, too," She managed a slight smile at the thought now.

"Kay, this is gonna let me see what's wrong, buddy. Sound good?" She told the porg.

ᴏɴᴇꜱ ᴀɴᴅ ᴢᴇʀᴏᴇꜱ

bb610.png

GADividerBlue.png

Scampi tensed as she reached towards him, his breathing fast and heavy, but Amani was nonetheless allowed to scoop him up. He fit comfortably atop her hands, his heartbeat racing incredibly quickly as his chest heaved from sheer panic. The wing responded with an initial twitch, recoiling from the Jedi's touch, before it eased against her digits. Scampi whined, the gentle touch still eliciting some subtle form of pain. Wide eyes stared at her, utterly terrified.

BB-610 observed, silently taking notes as he listened. As with many Jedi, Amani's past seemed a testament to how much she'd grown since then, and it was something that got him reminiscing as well. He had certainly pushed what an astromech was capable of, and he'd come a long way from his humble beginnings as the lowly technician he'd been designed as.

The droid cooed, appreciative of Amani's openness. He bweeped, saying that it was kind of funny to think that he'd ever worked for Imperials. The First Order would have destroyed him on sight if they'd had known what he'd grow into. BB-610 chirped, adding that he's very thankful that Amani and all of the other Jedi were so understanding and patient with him.

Scampi quivered, a quiet squeak leaving his lips as he stared at the scanner. He seemed vaguely intrigued by it, drawn to it by its sheen. BB-610 simply giggled, deeply fascinated by the incoming procedure. Amani's role as a healer was incredibly selfless. It was inspiring to him.

With another bweep, BB-610 said that he wanted to help people like she did. He needed to now, more than ever. He continued, this time a tad hesitant, as he said that he'd love to maybe learn from her should he ever receive any upgrades to help with medicine.

GADividerBlue.png

Amani glanced at Bee curiously, "I didn't know you did work for Imperials," She admitted, "But I'm glad you're with us now."

Scampi's interest in the scanner made the healer chuckle as well. Once the machine was ready, it emitted a harmless holographic scan that ran up and down the porg's body. Once it completed, it beeped, and projected the scan results onto a screen nearby. "Shouldn't be too tough a fix," Amani looked it over and nodded, "Better safe than sorry." She began to put away her tools, now needing only her hands. Once it was clear, Amani hovered an open palm close to Scampi, and enveloped him in a soothing restorative aura. Force Healing at work, accelerated Scampi's natural recovery and eased his pain.

He continued, this time a tad hesitant, as he said that he'd love to maybe learn from her should he ever receive any upgrades to help with medicine.

"Oh?" Amani raised a brow, "Well I'm always happy to share what I know. EmTee and I could help with some medical upgrades, too, if you need them." She mused on some ideas, "A bioscanner. A stimpak carousel. Maybe a Bacta spray nozzle," She looked at Bee again, "You have any of those already?"

ᴏɴᴇꜱ ᴀɴᴅ ᴢᴇʀᴏᴇꜱ

bb610.png

GADividerBlue.png

Truthfully, it had taken a minute or two for BB-610 to even process what he had just said. To casually mention that he had worked against the Jedi in the past was so painfully naïve of him; years ago, he would have held that secret tight to his chest in fear of the hatred he'd received by so many prior to his first encounter with Valery. It spoke volumes on just how comfortable the droid had gotten around people ever since, but it had nonetheless injected him with a brief jolt of panic. He was incredibly lucky Amani had taken it well, and he was silently thankful of it.

The palm to Scampi's body elicited another flinch, but as the Force worked its magic, the porg's cries finally ceased for the first time. His breathing regulated, heartbeat slowing to a steady pace, numb to the pain while his injuries were gradually healed. BB-610 stared in amazement, utterly enthralled by Amani's skill. The Force would be something forever outside of his comprehension, but he was grateful for it all the same.

"A bioscanner. A stimpak carousel. Maybe a Bacta spray nozzle. You have any of those already?"

The droid shook his head, though it had certainly been promptly filled with a plethora of ideas. BB-610 bweeped, confirming the notion with a 'No', but saying that he knew somebody that could supply him with all of the upgrades and software necessary. He was determined to push himself to his limits in order to help the Alliance to the best of his ability. Surrounding himself with Jedi had done a fair share in giving him the bravery he needed.

The fact that she was so eager to help him meant the world to him.

BB-610 chirped, thanking her for her kindness. He said that he had been created by the First Order, and even when he ended up in the hands of the Eternal Empire, nobody had shown him the love he'd received from the Alliance. The droid paused, a fleeting second spared to reflect on the owners that had done nothing but abuse him. He wished they could see him now, to spite them with how happy he'd become.

With another bweep, he continued, telling Amani that he never used to think of himself as a person until a few years ago, and that he'd blindly followed anybody that treated him decently. BB-610 cooed, his binary soft and gentle, as he said that the Galactic Alliance had made him want to better the galaxy because it was what's right, and that it was thanks to people like Amani that he could finally find a purpose.

GADividerBlue.png

"Maybe something to consider then," Amani replied, but didn't push the subject further. Bee could decide what he wanted to apply, and apparently had a source already in mind. She focused a little more intently on finishing the job with Scampi, and when the aura finally dissipated, the porg would feel much better. The healer stepped back, and went to retrieve some bandages from a drawer. Then she returned, and began to wrap the gauze stiffly around his wing, "How's it feel?" Amani stepped back to let him move around, "It might still be sore for a little while, and I wouldn't strain too much, but the worst should be behind us."

Amani assessed her own work with a nod, then turned back to Bee, "I'm sorry you went through that. I've seen how groups like them enforce loyalty. Stripping you of identity is the easiest and best way. Droid or otherwise," She frowned, "Being able to choose for yourself is something not everyone is fortunate enough to experience. But I'm glad you got the chance. And that you've used that choice the way you have." Her frowned was replaced with a smile.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom