Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My Dear Son

[member="Makai Dashiell"]

My dear son,
I'm making progress at the clinic. Last night I had a dream about when you were little and we'd spend half the day in the pool. Can you believe that? I'm still getting used to water. They say the fear has something to do with my accident but I can't remember.

I'm glad I can't remember that.

But I wish there was some way to get those years back. Seeing you and knowing you. Holding you and being there for you. Even though I'm slowly remembering who I was, more about you, some about dad, and who I am now, I think a part of me never forgot you. Because there was always something missing. My heart ached for those seven years. But I never knew why until dad found me. Now I'm convinced it had always been you.

I love you, Makai, and I know I'll never be able to say it - write it enough.

How're you doing? Are you still in school? I can't remember when the semester ends or starts. Please let me know how you're doing or else I may go mad from being fussed and prodded at by all the doctors here!

PS - the other thing I remembered was your first laugh. You were so happy. We were on the beach. Just the two of us and I showed you a pink shell that you seemed to find very amusing.

Love,
Mom

While [member="Thessa Kai"] couldn't remember much, he could. What had happened the night she left. The aftermath that followed.Growing up without a Ma had been hard. Makai had found surrogate mothers to push him through but it wasn't the same.

He wouldn't have wished it on his worst enemy.

So when he got the letter from his Ma, Makai didn't dwell on the memories like she did. It wasn't important anymore - at least not him. However he could fill her in on his life. Not that he had anything terribly exciting going on but Makai figured it was the least he could do.

Mom,

Sounds like you are doing well. Maybe the water fear thing will resolve itself and you can go back to surfing soon - do they even have an ocean where the center is?

School, uh...I dropped out. Wasn't for me even though I know you and Dad had put all that money aside since I was little. Right now I've joined the Iron Empire Navy. Bomber pilot. Just got promoted to Flight Sergeant. Been out here for seven months. Not sure if its for me though. This life was for you and Dad but not me. Trying to find my own way of things though.

Wishing the Iron Empire was somewhere tropical though. Don't know how people say they enjoy the cold weather. I'm really certain I've lost a few sales to the cold though. Maybe they'll grow back when I get somewhere warm.

Have Grandma and Grandpa visited you lately? Last I saw them was my graduation from basic training. Tell them I said hello if they stop by.

-Makai

My dear son,
I'm surprised about school. If you figure out what you want to do, you could always go back. If you wanted to. And a bomber pilot?! They take recruits as young as you? You're not even eighteen yet. Although, I think Dad and I were around eighteen when we joined. Maybe nineteen.

Just. Promise me you'll be careful. I'm proud of you. You're smart and have so many skills. No matter what, I'm proud of you, Makai, whatever you end up choosing or even if it takes awhile for you to figure out. And it's okay to take time. You're so young. Even though it might not feel like it.

How's dad taking the pilot thing?

And no ocean over here. They've so many connecting lakes, though. It's beautiful. And grandma and grandpa have been here almost every day. Along with your five uncles. They all say hello and they miss you.

I miss you too.

Most of my memories with my mom and dad have returned along with my brothers. And last night, I remembered the first time I showed you my x-wing. I remembered one night you wouldn't stop crying and the only way you'd sleep was if I held you in my arms in the cockpit.

PS - for the cold there's a kelp moisturizing lotion I'm sending that should help.

Love,
Mom

[SIZE=10.5pt][member="Thessa Kai"][/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]Mom,[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]Well, I know what I want to do and I can't say I was the smartest kid in class. Seems like it was becoming a waste of my time and energy. About a year ago I negotiated my first business deal with the Alderaan government for mining equipment for Dad. I think its then I realized I'm wasting time - although I continue to have mentors for business purposes. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]Eventually I plan on taking over my own company. Salvage and mining like Dad. Maybe other stuff too -I still have that company that was gifted to me as a kid, Dad oversees that still. Seems like it might be a good fit - company stuff.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]Dad's not happy but I didn't expect him to be. I told him I got to figure out how to do stuff my way - the Makai way. He would prefer if I did something else like run a salvage crew on my own or something. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]I don't think I've met all my Uncles - at least that I can remember. Nice to know there are other scaly guys out there. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]Can't say the cockpit of the X-Wing thing helped. Maybe you over did it - can't say I overly enjoying travelling through space. Or any desire to act like some hot shot pilot. Guess that this apple fell far away from the tree on that? I was [/SIZE]obsessed[SIZE=10.5pt] about it as a kid - reality is certainly different. [/SIZE]

Kelp lotion? I might end up drinking it, no kelp juice out here.

-Makai

My dear son,

From what I'm hearing, Dad should be proud! You're taking after his tree. The business tree. I'm proud of you, kid. But yes, not so happy about the fighting and flying, like me. Don't put that kind of pressure on yourself, my dear son. You don't need to be a pilot for me or dad to love you or follow in our footsteps. We know you have to make your own path.

And I remembered when you met your uncles. Well, three of them came when you were born. Two others never left the resistance fighting in Gala. Even Grandma and Granpa haven't heard from Uncle Byron and Denaris in a long time, since they escaped Gala. I hear there's peace, so maybe we'll hear from them soon.

Have you made any friends out there?

And I'll have to send you some kelp juice too.

All my love,
Mom

[member="Thessa Kai"]

Mom,

Don't send the kelp juice. Its too expensive. Gives me an excuse to head home.

I've got some friends out here - I'm not really a guy with a lot of them. Probably better than way for me as well. Traveling around doesn't always leave one with the ability to go to parties and make social calls. Not everyone understands that so when you find those few...

Did they say when you could leave the treatment center? I guess you would go live with Grandma and Grandpa.

-Makai

My dear son,
The juice is already sent on the next shipment. Let yourself be treated for a change. Stars knows I'm making up for seven missed yeas.

I'm glad you have some friends. That's important. I remembered how Dad and I actually started out as friends.

The doctors and staff here said they'll re-evaluate me in six months. And yes, the plan right now is to live with grandma and grandpa. It's hard to think too much about the future when I have a long ways to go. When will your service time be up with the squadron?

Love,
Mom

[member="Thessa Kai"]

Makai made a small face. He had forgotten his parents had been friends and pilots together before getting romantically involved. Hopefully that wouldn't happen to Ellie. He couldn't imagine being at each others throats for the rest of their lives like his parents.

Mom,

Thanks, for the juice. Next time you shouldn't send it. Probably will be frozen by the time I find it on the doorstep.

Service time will be up soon. I recently got promoted to Flight Sergeant. I'm not sure it was wise of them to think about putting me in charge of my own squadron. Dad and Mr.Zej wouldn't even let me be in charge of a salvage crew and here I am in charge of of a whole slew of pilots suddenly. I'm finding it a little rough out here - not sure if I want to stay.

Six months sounds I dont know...long? From what Grandma and Grandpa tell me its nice there, so I suppose it can't be all bad. Might be a little stir-crazy though. I will be sure to try to visit in the next six months , shouldn't be hard to do since I know you're there.

-Makai

My dear son,

Please be careful. I'm only remembering a little of that life but it's enough. Dad and I love you so much. Do you know that? I love you so much.

And yes, please come visit. And what do you mean now that you know? Didn't dad tell you when I went? When he signed me up? He said he would. And it IS nice. All the poking, prodding, and attention is annoying, though. But I imagine they're just doing their job.

Love,
Mom

[member="Thessa Kai"]

Mom,

I love you guys too, even though you both make me want to pull out my hair. I'm resisting the urge though considering I inherited the Dashiell hair - it would take awhile.

I wasn't sure if you were still there or they released you to live with Grandma and Grandpa. Just because Dad signed you up doesn't mean you went. I know you both hate one another, so....Anyways...I mean - how often can they prod and ask the same questions? Well, I'm not even sure what goes on there. Probably what I imagine but even that sounds incredibly boring in mind. How do you keep track of time? Taco Tuesdays? Bingo?

Fairly certain I'm leaving the Iron Empire and leaving the pilot life behind. Not impressing anyone out here. I can stop by once I get resettled....Still debating if I should move back in with Dad. Been on my own for seven months, been nice although I havent done anything crazy.

-Makai

My dear son,
It's like being on a retreat here. Yes, slow. But maybe not so slow for me anymore since I've had my fill of fast. At least, from what I can remember. It's strange not really knowing anyone. Still, perhaps more exciting than my time when I was lost on the farm for seven years. That life was hard but rewarding. But also slow - haha.

I was told that's how Dad grew up. Farming. I can I see why he's the persistent man he is. And I don't hate, Dad. Before the accident, I think we just grew apart - from what I've been told and able to piece together. It had nothing to do with you and never think that. It just...happens.

And I would love for you to visit. Anytime.

Also, I've heard that one of your cousins, Noelani Kai, may go to live with your dad. Her father, one of my brother's, just died in the war on Gala. I never met her but I know what it's like to be alone - or to think you're alone. She's around your age. If you go home, will you show her around? She could use a friend right now.

Love always,
Mom

[member="Thessa Kai"]

Mom,

Having everyone know you but not being able to remember them has to be frustrating. I'll be showing my face in the coming months - got to sort about a few things. I've been an idiot but I don't think thats any real surprise. I'll fill you in when I come to see you. Maybe I can laugh about it by then if everything goes well.

I've been to the farm where Dad grew up twice. Considering its way out in the desert the atmosphere is uncomfortable for a half-Galan. Which I always find amusing because I consider Tatooine my real home. Hell to pay every time I go there but I can't stay away. Has that real homey feel, you know the one where you feel like you can relax?

I should be heading home soon. Didn't know I had a cousin out there. Well, I did considering the amount of Uncles I have running about. I lived on Dac for what...nine years? I'll be happy to show her around, maybe show her how to use my sailboat while I'm there. Something about being out on the open water, sail open in the breeze, its nice. Peaceful. She might need that after losing a parent.

Sorry about your brother. Will there be a funeral? Do you need me to do something? Do you need me to go to Gala?

-Makai

My dear son,
You scare me when you talk like that. You're not an idiot. We all make idiotic choices but never forget how smart and loved you are. You're important, Makai

And yes, home. Not sure even I know what that feels like anymore. Since the crash, I've felt...anchorless. I'm glad you've found a place to call your own. Even if it disagrees with our skin type.

No funeral. They did something quick on Gala. And no. I never want you going there. It's a riddled war-zone. Now arms dealers and crime lords are moving in, benefitting off the scraps that war have left behind. Not to mention pockets of Sith resistance are still there.

Never go there.

And please do show Noelani around. She might like sailing. I can't imagine how she's feeling right now. Hopefully Judah will be okay. See you in a few months.

Love,
Mom

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom