Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech MSS-V1

Status
Not open for further replies.
michigan-micro-mote.jpg

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
Primary Source: Credit: University of Michigan News/Flickr

PRODUCTION INFORMATION
SPECIAL FEATURES
  • Pressure wave sensors: This tiny Computer device can sense varying stress waves produced by explosives. and send the data of said wave as well as send a line of code that states its position in relation to the blast
STRENGTHS
  • Microsizes: Due to being smaller than a grain of rice, small enough where you could rest ten to 20 on said grain. such a device would help greatly in weight as well as free up space for other things in robots armor materials and the like
  • Perfect for anti-explosive defenses: with enough of these one could detect the exact impact for where shrapnel would impact or better predict how much energy to use for deflector shields allowing for more pinpoint defenses for explosive protection
WEAKNESSES
  • limited processing power: don't expect this computer to do more than it's programmed for ie sending the info of stress waves from explosions in relation to itself.
  • strength in numbers: by now you can assume these are great well that's just it you'll need hundreds of these just to accurately cover a 1foot by one-foot square meaning these things are tedious to set up.

DESCRIPTION
Ty Began testing and working with various microprocessors Like the microprocessor sensors in the hopes of developing a pinpoint accurate explosive detection sensor eventually developing his own at a tenth of the size using designs from vibroblades as well as microprocessor sensors to develop the MSS-V1.

The MSS-V1 uses a sensor tuned specifically for stress pressures given off of Explosions similar to how seismograph detects earthquakes and then those vibrations trigger the computer to measure the pressure of the wave to determine differences in relation to itself. Ty estimates that with this technology if one were able to make a material with said device layered into it in the hundreds or thousands it could accurately predict were explosions shrapnel would hit due to the varying pressures in relation to each computer allowing for if paired with other technology a greater and more pinpoint level of defense against shrapnel and other explosive ordinance.

Last edited:
Ty Sibo Ty Sibo

Miniscule sensors too simple to be used beyond a narrow niche? Seems reasonable, I just need some minor points addressed before Approving this.
  • Hades Corp and the Eternal Empire must be linked in Manufacturer/Affiliations respectively.
  • I don't actually see any mention of IBM in your Image Source, a better source would be "University of Michigan News/Flickr", as that is the source given in your source. I see you've already used that for Primary Source. Suggestion: "Image Source: University of Michigan News/Flickr".
  • When possible, please use Wookiepedia over the Wikis of individual SW games, may I recommend these microsensors instead?
  • Please link Plasteel under Materials; the rest is largely generic enough not to need a link, though I am curious about the "Electronic GP Module". From what I can tell it is a thoroughly generic component from some SW game or another. Either remove it or link it, please, though do keep in mind that sites like those are generally not considered anywhere near as good a source as, say, Wookiepedia.
    • For future reference, please link any materials the average user is unlikely to be familiar with. When in doubt, more is better, though most Judges likely won't hold up a submission if that is the only issue - at least if the material is on Wookiepedia. Generic material descriptions such as your "vibroblade components" or, say, "misc. electronics" is of course acceptable. I use them myself.

I wrote IBM since its the real life version of the device and the picture is of a IBM computer
as for the "Electronic GP Module" its was a generic software and program module common in sesor arrays to link multiple sensors to one device in star wars old republic (not mmo)

but the edits have been made thank you for your time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom