Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Location Mount Gargon

Status
Not open for further replies.
OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
  • Intent: To Create the Clan Settlement for Clan Gargon and a place for I'dadr Gargon to role play at in the future.
  • Image Credit: Deviantart- https://www.deviantart.com/matthiasutomo/art/Mountain-Base-402036676

4EBaiNC.jpeg

• Canon: N/A
  • Permissions: N/A
  • Links: N/A
SETTING INFORMATION
  • City Name: Mount Gargon
  • Classification: Mountain Clan Settlement
  • Location: Gargon: https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Gargon/Legends
  • Affiliation: Mandalorian Protectors https://www.starwarsrp.net/factions/mandalorian-protectors.202/ , Clan Gargon https://www.starwarsrp.net/threads/clan-gargon.181652/#post-2340873
  • Population: Insignificant: 100 Souls
  • Demographics: 85% Human 15% Other Races that vary
  • Wealth: Low: Due to Clan Gargon suffering severe casualties and expending much of their resources to honor the call to defend Mandalore. Eighty Percent of the clan died from the destruction of cultural capital. This has severely left the clan living inside Mount Gargon to have low resources in terms of spending power and material goods.
  • Stability: Medium Stability: Mandalorians are significantly resilient, it took the entire galaxy to stop them from galactic domination. Somthing that the Famous Canderous Ordo often boasted about to Revan during their adventures. However the situation for Clan Gargon is critical , only one hundred out of the once five hundred strong clan have survived these trying times. Most of the Clan is children with there being only thirty five adults remaining and sixty five children and teenagers of various ages. Many of the full time clan members are overworked, and with the lack of income has made things difficult. While there is one culture and a community united with goals that keeps the heart of this clan settlement alive. A course correct must happen before the stability becomes low and the clan perishes.
  • Freedom & Oppression: The laws are of Mandalorian Origin, carefully respecting and following the Resol'nare as it's legal system.
  • Description:

Built during a time of uncertainty, Mount Gargon is a city designed with protection in mind and as a sanctuary for the young. Built and expanded to house five hundred occupants , this Clan Settlement is built inside the Mountain of Gargon , the highest mountain north of the old Spice Vaults of Gargon. Remote and safe, as well as located in the center of five smaller mountains in the mountain range that posses great wildlife and game. The settlement was made in mind to eventually create a larger and connected series of mountain complex's for future growth for the clan.

Due to the Mountain's location it is also regularly fed by a nearby swamp just outside the only entrance of the clan compound. This makes it difficult to Approach on foot for any outsiders. However allows for a great influx of water that can be properly filtered by the water filtration system. The inside of the complex is built inside the mountain, where the clan as a collective for future generations chose to use the majority of their stockpile of beskar upon settling the planet. Built reinforced with pillars and ceilings of beskar alloy/Concrete , the settlement is further reinforced inside the mountain. Which gives it defense from orbital bombardment. Making the mountain a true sanctuary and settlement for the small clan during times of attack As a result every mandalorian in the clan to this day has no beskar forged gear due to the rarity of the material and it's expensive cost. The Alloy's are spread among industrial concrete in the pillars and ceilings to give it more strength inside the mountain structure. With the mountain itself and the facility built inside, it makes a strong safety point for the clan to live inside the natural structure.

Inside the complex are enough residential buildings to house five hundred occupants, the original number of Clan Gargon before they had suffered large casualties at the fall of Mandalore. Making much of the small mountain town inactive and abandoned, far from it's once former glory. By design the Clan compound has only one entrance, designed to have twenty lookouts defend the entrance. Further inward to the far east of the town is a shooting range and combative gym made for lifting and sparring. The maximum Occupancy for the shooting range is about fifteen souls and for the clan gym around thirty occupants. Which more then enough suits the needs of the original clan size and more then enough serves the clans needs now. To the west of the underground mountain town, is the armory which is where explosives and clan weaponry are stored. The arms depot has a maximum stockpile limit enough to supply a company of verde for war. Unfortunately , it's capacity is only half filled in terms of stockpiles currently compared to it's maximum possible stockpile of a company.

The center of the settlement is the Ba'jar center or education center where Mandalorian youth go to learn clan history and the language of mando'a. This is also where the A'lor of Clan Gargon lives and conducts business. Many outsiders would regard this as the cultural center of the clan. To the far south of the settlement is the water purifier, which gives the clan access to purified water for the swamp that is just outside of the entrance. Made during a time of uncertainty and beginning of the chaos era , it requires two technicians to make sure the automated technology is still operating and pumping water into the clan compound. When the Clan compound was fully populated and fully manned, taking this area would be an almost impossible location. It's main weakness being it's one entrance, should the water pipes connected to the swamp be destroyed then it would simply be a waiting game. With there being only one entrance, the sieged defenders do not have many options in a sally out attempt to break a siege. However should this one entrance be attacked head on and a siege avoided, the swamp forms a natural killing field making walker vehicles and foot soldiers easily stuck before even getting to the fortified gates that are reinforced with beskar alloys.

One thing is certain, unless one is a mandalorian aligned with the Mandalorian Protectors or of Clan Gargon. They wont be getting in so easily, and might lose their life in the process of getting into the Mountain Complex itself.
POINTS OF INTEREST

North Fortified Entrance: The only way into and out of the mountain complex. Reinforced with industrial concrete and beskar alloys intermixed into the structure, penetrating the gate will be a daunted task for any attackers. Built with the sole purpose in mind that there is a swamp just outside of the gate , it makes for a natural defense position that can use the swamp to hinder walker, tracked vehicles, and footmen. The gate has small signal posts deep in the outside of the gate that can be used to skirmish foot soldiers with snipers and anti vehicle infantry before being allowed to retreat into the gate and settlement. However the gate possesses no turrets or anti air structures , making this a solely defensive structure with few offensive capabilities. With these strengths come a weakness, with their being only one entrance there is no back up plan in terms of a long term siege. Should any would be enemies destroy the water pipes to the swamp. It would make a long term siege hard to endure, as well as making a full attempt at a sally out suicide. One entrance leaves no chance of a successful counter attack.

South inside Water purifier facility: Built deep inside the mountain, this water purifier has a basic water piping system connected to the swamp. Allowing for fresh water to be allowed to the once flourishing settlement.

West Combative Gym Facility: Inside the mountain, this is an active spot for clansmen and women to lift weight or to practice their technique on the mat.

East Gun Range: Every Mandalorian must have good marksmanship skills , this small range is a focal point for many to practice their weapon of choice for ranged combat.

Ba'jur Center: Known in the common language, Ba'jur means education. This is a Center located in the center of the clan compound where Mando'a classes and history classes are held for the youth of the clan. Allowing them to prepare for parts of their daunted verd'gotten that their parents will also educate them on. This center is also where the A'lor of Clan Gargon resides, as such many outsiders may consider this the cultural center of the complex. Also built inside the mountain.

Residential complex: Designed for sanctuary against orbital bombardments that were feared of the first destruction of Mandalore. Clan Gargon created this compound with beskar alloy and concrete mixed together to enforce pillars and ceilings. This allows extra protection and reinforcement of the mountain from the inside, allowing for reprieve of any bombing campaigns. However such a design left the clan no reserve stockpile of any beskar. To this day the clan has no beskar gear as a result of this collective sacrifice to provide a safe haven from bombings for future generations. Such an act of the clan honors the Allit tenant of the Res'solnare, which means family. An important aspect of all mandalorians, providing an underground clan compound that is heavily reinforced for bombing honors such a core belief.

SECURITY
Medium: Despite great structural protection, the community that lives here has suffered a massive manpower and stockpile shortage for defense. Should a force decide to attack the facility, they may not be able to destroy it outright. However with the lack of manpower from the community, attackers could simply wait out the Clan that lives here. However, should Clan Gargon ever return to full glory, the security would be formidable.

HISTORICAL INFORMATION
Founding Era: The Starting Era of Chaos

Founded for it's location as the highest mountain in the northern mountain range of the Old Gargon Spice Vaults. The location is filled with wildlife, as well as natural resources for Clan Gargon. Built because of the uncertain times and fear of possible invasion of the mandalorian clans. The once prosperous clan used their entire beskar stockpile including beskar'gam to build a clan compound that could be used as a Sancturary for future young generations. This sacrifice affects the clan to this day as there are no clansmen that have any form of beskar made gear today. With beskar alloy mixed concrete enforcing pillars and concrete ceilings, the mountain compound is built inside Mount Gargon. These structural reinforcements make it almost impervious to orbital bombardment. Mountains themselves already garner significant protection from bombardment, but with these structural supports inside the depths of the mountain. It makes the area a considerable safe haven for the once prosperous clan. During it's glory period it once held five hundred members, but since the destruction of Mandalore. Only one hundred remain of the clan, making much of the settlement abandoned, should the clan ever go through their current dark period. Then Mount Gargon will once more be a thriving community of mandalorians. Will the prosperity of Mount Gargon return, or will it's prosperity remain history?

Last edited:
Hey!

So all in all, this is a pretty good submission! It's always nice to see some cool roleplay locations and I do love a mountain base! Unfortunately, I can't let this through just yet, and I'll detail why below.

Unfortunately, without an image credit, I won't be able to let this through the Codex in it's current state. Please see here for the most up to date rules on crediting images. I appreciate that you found the image on Google Image Search, however we will require a direct link to the website in which the image was located! I'd recommend a google reverse search to find this!

I would also like to see links to the Clan Gargon submission, and to the Mandalorian Protectors faction as this is affiliated with them.

In terms of other changes, there's not many. As I stated earlier, it's a good submission. I note that you mention the use of a Beskar/Concrete mix to provide protection to this base. I would potentially look to expand on this and just clarify this, as it took me a few reads to actually understand that this was a mix of the two because at first I thought you were meaning that the entire thing was made out of Beskar and I would have raised some eyebrows at this. What I will say though, on the flipside, is I like the lore that this is the reason that they don't wear the typical Beskar'gam armour of the Mandalorians!

Tag me back once the submission has been edited and I'll have a final look over it before passing it up to the boss for final review!

I'dadr Gargon I'dadr Gargon

Zachariah Conway Zachariah Conway

Hi sir, so I added the direct link after looking for it for the image credit. Where should i put the Clan Gargon Submission link and the link for the Mandalorian Protectors? Also yes it is a mix of the two and not the entire thing is made of beskar alloy. I also would like to admit I wrote this right after work so my head maybe complicated things.

Last edited:
Morning! Hope all is well!

I'd like to draw your attention back to the image source rules once again, as we try and avoid using pinterest etc where possible unless it is the last available location! I've managed to trace the image back as far as devientart for you, with the link here! If you could swap out the image source links, I'd massive appreciate it!

In terms of linking the submission and the Mandalorian Protectors, you can hyperlink them in affiliations. To hyperlink, highlight the word you wish to hyperlink and click the chain looking symbol in the toolbar that's called "insert link". You can then paste in the links to the direct locations (Clan Gargon and the Mando Protectors respectively). (As a note, I see you've put these links in anyway! Either option works!)

Appreciate you clarifying the beskar/concrete alloy. If you could just update that within the submission itself it would be highly, extremely appreciated!

Thank you!

Morning! Hope all is well!

I'd like to draw your attention back to the image source rules once again, as we try and avoid using pinterest etc where possible unless it is the last available location! I've managed to trace the image back as far as devientart for you, with the link here! If you could swap out the image source links, I'd massive appreciate it!

In terms of linking the submission and the Mandalorian Protectors, you can hyperlink them in affiliations. To hyperlink, highlight the word you wish to hyperlink and click the chain looking symbol in the toolbar that's called "insert link". You can then paste in the links to the direct locations (Clan Gargon and the Mando Protectors respectively). (As a note, I see you've put these links in anyway! Either option works!)

Appreciate you clarifying the beskar/concrete alloy. If you could just update that within the submission itself it would be highly, extremely appreciated!

Thank you!

I have updated the description in a few key areas of the description to better explain that it is a mix of concrete and beskar alloy. I also updated the link you told me to include in the image credit. Thank you for helping me make this submission sir. Do I need to do anything else?

Evening!

Appreciate you working with me through this!

Apologies for the quick edit! I've just noticed the link to the Clan Gargon lore submission you just added just takes you to the lore submissions page, not to the Clan Gargon sub. Could we get this rectified real quick before I pass this up? The direct link you want is here.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom