Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Public More Roads Lead to Brentaal

Business, Espionage & Faith
sGNn0vj.png

M A R C E L L AㅤF I O R A
X44PT3Y.png

Objective: Attend the Gala with Ivory Stroud Ivory Stroud
Tag: Ivory Stroud Ivory Stroud , Open!

Something Inside?
Marcella had spent some time outside, making her way through her cigarra and eventually butting it out and disposing of it. As she stood in the open air of the courtyard, a loud voice echoed from within the gala. Curious about what was happening she began making her way inside, moving a strand of hair behind her ear to communicate on her Neahtid earpiece:

<
On my way inside, Donna >

As she entered the building she weaved through crowds gently, keen on hearing in on what the announcer had to say and getting eyes on the Donna.

Koda Fett Koda Fett | Tiresh Kobitana-Draellix Tiresh Kobitana-Draellix

"Yeah, yeah, pal, balcony, got it."

Why oh why was Harcrow doing this?

It was not enough to be on the take for the Commerce Guild. No, no, now apparently they were working for some merciless bounty hunter to boot. Was there any certainty that Koda would come through for him? Actually pay him that nice slice of the hundred kay? Mandalorians did have some strange sense of honor.

And from most of the stories Aro was aware? Koda kept his word.

Passing through the gala wasn't an issue. He was a Galactic Alliance Marshal. That put him above the law. Well, not really, but most certainly right alongside the Law since he was meant to enforce it.

It didn't take long before the balcony came into view. Aro flashed his badge to one of Tiresh's bodyguards. That seemed to inspire a reaction of worry from all of them. "Something we gotta know, Marshal?" The guard said while obviously steeling himself for a night of leisure to devolve into something more violent and aggressive.

"Don't think so, sir." Adopting the High Coruscanti accent that was just posh enough to inspire deference. "We received a few reports, but they didn't amount to anything, I just want to talk to the Senator, see if she noticed anything."

That seemed to satisfy the man and allowed him to move past. Really though, what was Aro going to do? Murder the Senator in plain sight? Tip her over the balcony? Certainly not. "Senator," A polite greeting as Aro joined the woman near the balustrade. "-I hear smoking is something awful for you." Before pulling out a cigarette of his own with a smile.

"But why does everything that is so bad for us have to feel so good, no?" Lit up, smoke puffed out, he leaned against the balcony's edge and inclined his head to the senator.

"Don't want to cause you any alarm. We are doing our best to keep this place secure. I just wanted to check the metaphorical pulse, see how you are doing, if that is okay."

Lujian-Military-Symbol.png

Objective 1: Attend the Gala
Koda Fett Koda Fett Aro Harcrow Aro Harcrow

Tiresh was startled from her own thoughts and turned quickly towards the voice that spoke to her with a look of anxiety, which was quickly elevated as she recognized what appeared to be an Alliance Marshal approaching her. She sighed and looked back to her security detail. It seemed nothing was terribly out of place, and so she let herself relax a bit as she turned out to face the skyline once again. "I don't smoke to feel good, unfortunately. Just less… on edge."

She turned her head and listened to him as he explained what his intention was. Once he finished, she took in another drag and blew it out into the night away from the man's direction and then responded. "You're an Alliance Marshal, right?" She inquired with what she had already deducted, "I'm grateful for the security, and for your efforts. I'm still recovering from the attempt on my life, but I'm doing as well as can be expected I suppose. Grateful to be in capable hands." She gave him a warm smile, but then turned her head back out to the street as her expression fell to one of dull exhaustion.

"You know, we are hoping to really empower you Marshals in the coming months. We have some legislation planned that should be a game changer for you guys." Her expression didn't change as she stared out at the city and the bustle of traffic.

CORMOND
BRENTAAL IV

Aro Harcrow Aro Harcrow | Tiresh Kobitana-Draellix Tiresh Kobitana-Draellix

It was with the audio sensors dialled to their most extremes that ensured the Mandalorian had been able to hear the two converse, even if a few moments had first been needed to hone in on them. He could trust Harcrow to desire the credits and make the effort to secure them, less so to be effective in said efforts. If Harcrow was to fail, he was an effective distraction nonetheless.

Yet, his attention had been thrust onto her small detatchment. She was a Senator, even if she was able to defend herself, it was doubtless to be to an extent to resist himself. He assumed as much, often a valid notion. But his most valuable tool in this was that he was, for now, unseen. Shoot several in a matter of seconds, even if on the move towards Kobitana.

Vanish before the rest of them even had the chance to mobilise.

For now, he waited. His time would come.

Koda Fett Koda Fett | Tiresh Kobitana-Draellix Tiresh Kobitana-Draellix

If Aro was an empathic man he might have felt the long-distance anxiety displayed by the illustrious Koda Fett for his slow-wheeling approach.

But if Aro was an empathic man he wouldn't be talking sweet to a woman he was planning to throw for the wolves. All to earn a few extra bucks and make an annoying distraction disappear for the Commerce Guild. So, instead, Aro was blissfully unaware that Koda was on a schedule and practically brimming with excitement to keep this show on the road.

Anyway.

"Ah... I understand. This is a tough situation to be in." The Marshal responded with empathy. "I apologize for the failures in our defensive systems, they shouldn't ever have gotten so close to you to begin with."

He wondered if the Chancellor had been behind that earlier hit. Must have, right? How else does a Senator get put in a position like that without proper back-up?

"Aye, ma'am. Marshal Harcrow at your service. I am not personally attached to your detail, but I was assigned to oversee this sector alongside the regular plainclothes officers. If you have any doubts or concerns, you can share them with me and I can see if any changes can be made for security." A sigh there as he pulled his cigarette and blew the smoke out. "Can't be easy on you, all this stress, you and your loved ones?" Murmured gently as he kept studying the citiscape underneath them.

"If you need more resources to protect them, I could try and help. A detachment for any family members of yours? Perhaps a significant other?"

Aro wasn't really sure why Koda wanted to know about her relationships. They didn't seem to be worth any credits, but who was the Marshal to argue with a decorated bounty hunter?

A chuckle escaped him when Tiresh mentioned more legislation.

"That's why I am pulling for ya, ma'am. You are one of the few in the Senate who understands how important and dangerous our job is. Some in the Senate, pardon me saying it, seem much more concerned with lining their planetary government than really try and make the Alliance work, you know?"

Last edited:

She forced a smile as he spoke as she opened a small bag from her purse and placed the remainder of her cigarette into it. It immediately fizzled out as she sealed it, then placed it into her bag and pulled out some hand sanitizer to cover the smell. “I’m sure my security detail has already had such conversations. Thank you for the concern, Marshal Harcrow.”

At the mention of her loved ones, Tiresh started to grow more suspicious of the man. It seemed like a strange thing to mention, but it wasn’t completely out of context, and so she remained unguarded for the most part, although her awareness was heightened. “Of coarse not.” She said rather flatly in regards to it not being easy on her family. As he suggested greater security for anyone in her immediate circle, she looked at him and pondered the suggestion for a moment.

“I would appreciate higher security around my father…” She looked back behind her at her security detail inquisitively, and the leader gave a thumbs up, signaling that he had checked the database and that this man was, in fact, a marshal. With the confirmation, she turned back to him and continued, “… Marovik Kobitana Marovik Kobitana . He is stubborn and does not like security details, but it would help me to sleep better at night.”

She smiled again as he commented on his support of her cause. “We will do our best.” She mused.

CORMOND
BRENTAAL IV

It was a start, the Mandalorian mused, one far better than his otherwise informationless advance into the Coalition. It was a difficult beast to dismantle; reliant on fear, so much so that it crumbled and fizzled out as each member dared to ask themselves which one of them was next. He must admit, the intentions are admirable and their mission true to their beliefs, but an admirable belief was unable to halt a blaster bolt that intended to kill.

"Your wound will heal," he announced to the Marshal across their shared comms, absent reason for the remark before a red streak struck out across the streets towards Harcrow - the steadied aim ensured it was a non-lethal shot, closer towards his shoulder than all else. He closed the distance in the air next as twin rockets allowed him to soar, the few members of her detatchment fired on from both his blaster and knee darts.

She was better off alive, he decided, and the sole shot sent towards Senator Kobitana had been towards her calf.

Tiresh Kobitana-Draellix Tiresh Kobitana-Draellix | Koda Fett Koda Fett

Aro could sense the sudden frigidness rolling through Tiresh and colliding into him.

Clearly the assassination attempt left the good senator with some trust issues. Which was an ironic thing to be annoyed by, because Tiresh had all the reasons in the world to be distrustful of this man. The thumbs-up from the security detail seemed to clear it up. If barely. Still, Aro remained polite and simply inclined his head in response.

"It wouldn't be the first time I had to convince a grouchy man to accept additional protection, ma'am." Harcrow joked with a smile, since that could be a description for about half the Senate at one point.

"I will see what I can do about it. Someone who works as hard for the common good as you? I am sure I can manage to find a few extra guards for your father, anything to help put your mind at ease."

About to say more Koda's words took him off-guard.

'Wound will heal'

The kark does that even mean?

"Anyway, why don't I give you my personal number, Senator? If you ever need-"

Anything else was interrupted as a red laser streak zoomed through the air. Aro only got enough time for his eyes to widen a fraction, before it took him straight in the shoulder. At that angle it looked more like he was struck in the chest however. The force of the shot send him flying backwards into the wall.

His head hit the brick stonework and everything got dizzy. Rockets were launched, miniature explosions aimed to disable Kobitana's security detail.

Aro slid down to the ground against the wall. Something sticky and hot trickled into the nap of his neck. Everything was blurry.

Why couldn't he move his hand?

"Thank you." She replied, her eyes looking back once again out at the cityscape. As he started to request her personal information, her head turned back towards him with a distracted face.

But then, all hell broke loose...

A bright laser beam ripped into the marshal, sending him flying away from her as she jumped and let out a scream, bringing her hand up over her mouth in shock as her eyes widened in terror. Time seemed to slow down as she turned towards her security detail, which was already running towards her and firing past her into the night at her assailant. One by one they started to fall as she pivoted to run back inside for cover, but she was only able to muster one step before a searing pain flashed through her lower leg. She crumpled to the floor, catching herself with outstretched arms against the ground as she gritted her teeth and muttered a painful gasp.

"Senator!" She felt a hand grasp at her shoulder. It was the head of her guard detail as he pulled on her to try to help her back up to her feet, his blaster still firing up at the assailant with his other hand. She grabbed onto his arm as he helped her back up to her feet, wrapping her arm around his shoulders as they both tried to make a painful dash back inside the building.

Tiresh's heart was pounding out of her chest. She had dropped her purse at some point, grabbing tightly onto the Senate guard for dear life. Her eyes locked for a moment onto the fallen Marshal, a look of terror and concern evident on her face.

CORMOND
BRENTAAL IV

His movements had been methodical, as if the finest blade encased in a hammer as the members of the detail fell to his armaments. It was not without merit, Fett was doubtless to recall later, their own shots struck true but his armour was too thick; the blasts absorbed into the metallic hide, reflected elsewhere, and so he advanced. He landed on the surface with a thud, no mind offered to the Marshal for the meantime. He earned his cut, if he survived and his role left undiscovered.

Sure to be the second most unfortunate event of the Gala. Yet that relied on the beliefs of all those within, in the end.

Fett lowered himself to a knee as the hail of blaster fire came from the head of the detatchment, the bolts no more than crimson streaks in his visor as he outstretched both arms; the blaster fired in the direction of the Captain, and a whipcord towards the legs of the senator in an effort to tie them together. Sure to retract it and haul her towards himself, if it was successful.

Tiresh Kobitana-Draellix Tiresh Kobitana-Draellix | Koda Fett Koda Fett

Couldn't he aimed somewhere else?

Maybe his thigh or something.

Feth me, this hurts. As Aro tried to regain some situational awareness. The bump into the wall his head sustained kept everything fuzzy. He could just about make out the shapes of Kobitana's bodyguards. Some were lying prone. Dead? Hopefully just incapacitated, because this would already be a minor diplomatic incident in the waiting.

"Kark," As he tried to crawl back to his feet. Just in time to see Koda try to capture Kobitana. About damn time. But now that he was semi-conscious Aro couldn't just stare at the scene in horrific fascination.

Something needed to be done.

With his wounded arm -- through gritted teeth -- Aro grabbled with his holster. Only barely managing to grab his duty revolver and pulling it out. There was no acting involved. That piece of chit Mando actually shot him. It was only adrenaline that let him rear it up. "Hey, kark face-" And shot at Fett's head... but his shot barely grazed Fett's shoulder pauldron.

Beskar? His revolver didn't do chit.

"Fight someone yar own size." Growled as the Marshal managed to unsteadily get on his feet. Barely supporting himself on the railing. Everything was karking fuzzy. "Gotta get through me first..."

That's how Senator would see Aro.

Not as a slimey opportunist who sold her out. But a wounded officer, still willing to fight for her, even as his arm hanged uselessly to his side, blood smeared across half his face from being slammed into the wall.

He took a swing at Koda.

Praying the arse kicking wouldn't land him in the hospital for the next month.

Objective: Survive

As Koda Fett Koda Fett landed on the roof, the chief of Kobitana’s guard detail pivoted his body and stopped so that he was fully in-between the bounty hunter and Tiresh. He gently pushed her towards the ground, letting her go as he grabbed his blaster in both hands and unleashed a steady volley at the Mandalorian. Behind his senate guard helmet, his eyes furrowed deeply as he let our an angry growl, desperate to make any difference at all against the bezkar armor, although he knew that his blaster would likely not do the damage that he hoped it would.

“Senator, run!” He yelled right before his head jolted forwards from the blaster bolt of Koda Fett Koda Fett as it tore through his neck and sent his body crumbling to the ground, gurgling and choking on his own blood and he desperately grasped at his throat in a futile attempt to breathe.

Tiresh had pulled herself painfully back up to her feet just in time for the whipcord to wrap tightly around her lower legs, sending her back down to the ground with a cry for help from anyone who might be around as she hit the floor hard. She looked over at the struggling guard, attempting to pull herself over to him right when Koda Fett Koda Fett retracted the chord, sending Kobitana flying across the ground towards the bounty hunter in a painful fashion as the texture of the floor tore into her flesh unforgivingly.

As Aro Harcrow Aro Harcrow engaged the mandalorian, she again tried to pull herself further away from the fight, using her arms to pull her bloodied frame further and further away, inch by inch.

BRENTAAL IV - CORMOND
THE GALA

Luca Caldogne Luca Caldogne | Angelique Deveraux Angelique Deveraux | Valessia Brentioch | Aro Harcrow Aro Harcrow | Koda Fett Koda Fett | Tiresh Kobitana-Draellix Tiresh Kobitana-Draellix

"Oh, well said. Well said, indeed," Caulder mused, "Monstrous critique or not, I would think..."​
The old magnate trailed off, as one often does when distracted by a cacophony of blaster fire and fearful screaming. Not the sort of sounds anyone wanted to hear in the middle of a spirited conversation. He turned to look in the general direction of the balcony, from which several startled attendees and servants were already fleeing and screaming.​
Caulder frowned, catching sight of that gumshoe, Harcrow, taking a swing at a Mandalorian. Of course it was a Mandalorian. And of course Harcrow was trying to punch it. Everyone knew the secret weakness of beskar was human hands. He could make nothing out beyond that - and the bodies of several ill-fated guards.​
This kind of flagrant excitement was for people much younger and poorer than him. "I'm going to depart now," Caulder sighs, betraying more annoyance than fear or surprise. With nowhere in reach to place it, he drops his glass onto the floor and exits.​
At least he would be spared Tritum's speech.​

CORMOND
BRENTAAL IV

It was as if it was an act born from leisure, the blaster twirled around in his hand as the steam fled the barrel. His other arm outstretched, the cable that secured the Senator had encased her, reeled her in across the surface - bodies of her fallen detail the sole obstacle in her route, but sure to be no more than a minor inconvenience. To him; to Tiresh it was sure to mean much more.

But his certain outcome had met a minor hitch as a bolt careened off of his armour shoulder, the force from the blast twisted his form and ensured the Mandalorian had come face-to-face with the Marshal he considered out for the count. He was either a natural once it came to theatrics, more so than one was to ever credit him for, or determined no amount of credits was worth his soul. No matter, his armour was thick and a fist was not to be the beast that breached it.

Fett thrust his head forwards into the curled fist, the sound it made resembled that of a crunch. Painful. He released the blaster in an instant and rushed a splayed hand towards Harcrow's own face, the momentum of the movement sent in a downwards motion, and slammed him into the duracrete.

Her would-be saviour had not moved after that sudden strike.

Koda turned his attention back to the Senator in a swift swivel of his head, the same blaster torn from the floor, and closed the distance between himself and Tiresh whilst he continued to reel her in closer. Perhaps now, with a closer look, the armour was familiar from their encounter on Fondor.

Too focused on a hasty exit to say much at all.

He reached for Tiresh in a bid to raise her to her feet, even if the two had been tied together. Flames spat from his jetpack, ready as ever.

She twisted her body as she felt the tugging on the chord again, rolling over so as to face upward as she looked upon the Mandalorian. She recognized him instantly as the same bounty hunter from Fondor, fear overtaking her as she held her arms up, fearful for a blaster strike to strike her at any moment. “Wait!” She begged as he grabbed her shoulder and pulled her violently up onto her feet. She was forced up against his armor, her hands trying to push against his chest as she came face to face with her attacker. Her eyes were wide as she stared at his emotionless helmet, her body trembling from shock.

She knew there was no point in trying to talk him down… no point in trying to offer him some alternative path. Mandalorians were known for being intently loyal to their contracts. So instead she just stared at him, not sure of what would happen next. She was not sure why she wasn’t dead already. Silent tears streamed down her cheeks. Was this how it ends?

“Who… hired you…” She muttered weakly, knowing it was likely a pointless question. She just wanted to know for certain that it was in fact the Corporatists who had done this to her. She wanted to die with the truth.

CORMOND
BRENTAAL IV
Tiresh Kobitana-Draellix Tiresh Kobitana-Draellix

"Careful now," Fett commented rather coldly as his T-visor narrowed itself onto her own blue orbs, her smaller frame near-attached to his own wet and metallic one, a frozen concoction, as he continued to hold Tiresh close for one reason or another. "It isn't information that makes life easier, invites more trouble."

It was the Chancellor, of course, the same man that ordered the hit on Kobitana back on Fondor. She needed to be removed from the board for one reason or another, Fett never bothered to ask; the credits were worth more than his silence, as it often was once officials such as himself needed their hands dirtied. But the Mandalorian had not known it to be Tithe, no. It was merely an anonymous contract that offered far more than his usual rate, so whomever it was desired no connection to the crime whatsoever. Once someone beared down on someone such as that, it became a far messier situation.

The Bounty Hunter was amused by the fact. Outlawed in Alliance space, but work from the Senator himself had drawn him back in.

"But you're not dead yet," he continued, a swarm of soldiers rushed to their location in the distance, "Someone else will pay for you alive."

Better to secure a two-for-one bounty.

Absent so much as a caution for Tiresh, the two of them soared into the air as the flames that shot out from his jetpack thrust them into it. Far off of the balcony, into the harsher rain that did little to impede their travel. "Try not to squirm."

Now to leave Brentaal, should he have the chance.

She shrieked as they rocketed off into the pouring down rain, quickly wrapping her arms tightly around the Mandalorian's neck for dear life as her body clung tightly to his. She shut her eyes and buried her face in his armor, trying to protect herself from the piercing rain as her frame shivered violently from the cold, her clothes being completely drenched.

As they rocketed off into the night, she activated an emergency tracking beacon that Lyrrin Lyrrin had programmed into her system. It would allow for him to track her whereabouts. Hopefully he would be able to put together a plan with IVI IVI and Valery Noble Valery Noble in order to rescue her from wherever she was being taken.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom