Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Suggestion Moratorium Rule Suggestion

So since we are getting close to the moratorium, I took another look at moratorium rules for invasions. In light of last year's update to them, which rewrote the moratorium section to prevent invasions from being launched in late November, I noticed that it doesn't give a specific deadline as to the latest date that invasion notices can be given. I think I figured that date out on my own (I got the 9th of this month, but correct me if I'm wrong), since the notice has to be given a week in advance of the invasion start date and the invasion itself runs for 2 weeks. An invasion notice sent out on the 9th would start on the 16th and end on the 30th, then be submitted for judgement on the same day, a day before December 1st, which is the day that invasions can no longer be submitted for judgement. For any invasion notice given after the 9th, the invasion would go past the December 1st deadline, unless both sides agreed to shorten the run time of the invasion.

Since the moratorium rule doesn't mention the 9th as the deadline for when invasion notices can be delivered, I'd like to suggest that it be added to the rule.

So from this:
There is a moratorium on Invasion, Rebellion and Annihilation threads between the 1st of December and the 8th of January. Invasions, Rebellions and Annihilations must be submitted for judging prior to December 1st, and may not begin before the 8th of January.

To this:
There is a moratorium on Invasion, Rebellion and Annihilation threads between the 1st of December and the 8th of January. Invasions, Rebellions and Annihilations must be submitted for judging prior to December 1st, and may not begin before the 8th of January. As such, for any Invasion, Rebellion, or Annihilation that runs for the typical length of two weeks, notices must be given before the 9th of November.

Thank you in Advance!

Even the non-MFO's be trying to suss out when they can start invasions.

As I've revealed with Invasion judgements, the tactics employed by Staff are those of obfuscation and sheer confusion. We achieve maximum efficiency in this by confusing ourselves.

This is because I know, if I slam the gavel and say "DROP DEAD DATE IS 9 NOVEMBER", someone is going to say this in your little discord chats/rooms. Then next thing you know, 7 MFO's are all writing up Invasion declarations, and the beginning of peace will have the most war of the year.

No, I don't think we should instill a sense of FOMO in the MFO's. I'm cool with confusion and retaining the ability to just deny Invasions if they creep into the moratorium season too much.

I'm sure even me just bolding and colorizing a sentence will be completely taken out of context. Chaos is an endless social experiement.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom