Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mirrorverse FAQ

What on earth is this about?

The Event is about providing a player-built alternative reality for exploration. Players can write alternative versions of their own and other writer's characters. More information will be revealed as we go, as a player-led main storyline (entirely optional) starts to develop.

Does my character have to be transported to the location of this event?

No. Participation in the event is entirely optional and you may remain roleplaying in the regular Chaos Galaxy through this period.

Can my Chaos character go to Mirrorverse?

Yes. That is a central element of the plot. Without the denizens of our Galaxy there would be no chance of revolution.

How does my Chaos character arrive?

This is up to you. It might be that your character swaps places with your mirror version and you wake up disorientated and unsure if you belong in this mirror reality (Order) or the original reality (Chaos) and start going about your daily life. You may just "pop into existence" in the mirrorverse and have to deal with your immediate surroundings.

What equipment can I bring with me?

Your character may enter the Mirrorverse with any equipment on their person. Note: there are scanners everywhere, lightsabers are outlawed. If you appear in Imperial Centre, you're going to want to ditch your gear quickly, or end up in a DfR correctional facility.

Where does the main storyline take place?

The main storyline will take place at the city called Imperial Centre, on the capital world of the Empire called Cormalum. Main story threads will be prefixed with Act #

Can I join/or leave the main storyline/location of capital

Yes. However, security is incredibly tight at the capital of the Empire. A large fleet, without equal in the Galaxy, as well as the World Razer itself, are in orbit. Numerous layers of security must be passed to enter or leave and no contraband (books, illegal drugs, weapons, etc) will be permitted.

Can I make a new thread?

Yes, public, private and faction threads can all be created. These will not be monitored by the event team. We’d encourage everyone to explore this setting in a way they would like and have provided as much choice to writers as possible. However, we’d also encourage writers to get involved in the main story!

Where can I get weapons?

If you start as an Imperial officer, you will be issued a regulation side arm. No other weapons are available in Imperial Centre yet. Lightsabers are outright banned by the Empire. Don’t worry, the revolt will be ignited soon, and you will be catered for!

How many districts will be incorporated into the city?

Between 4 and 12 will be picked on the 7th November

How long do we have to submit districts and locations?

District submissions close on the 7th November, locations submissions on the 10th

Do I have to announce my character is an HRD?

No. This is part of the fun and can be left right until the final Act. You could even hint that you are a spy, even if you aren't, just to increase tension.

What technology does this Galaxy have?

It is highly advanced in this time-line. However, on a day-to-day basis this is only experienced by regular citizens in the constant presence of drones, and in the superb medical care on offer.

What time do we arrive in?

This is the same time as the current SWRP Galaxy. However, it is described by the Empire as 1757 AoP (Age of Prosperity). It is claimed that this empire has persisted for nearly two millennia, with a long line of rulers. However, not everything is as it seems.

Can I add a location submission to someone else's district without their permission?

Yes. We will add all chosen districts and locations to the final Imperial Centre Map

Can I start as an Imperial?

Yes. The Empire's main law enforcement/intelligence wing is known as the DfR (Department for Reeducation). You have three options:
  • You may start as an "Agent" a more senior member who works to infiltrate organisations to check for rebellious behaviour. You may carry a regulation sidearm.
  • A PS or "Public Servant" who is a regular, on the ground police officer. You may carry a regulation stun baton (but will be armed if necessary)
  • A "Peacekeeper". This is a Stormtrooper, same white armour, same lethal training. There are few of these and they are not often seen on the streets these days, only patrolling central districts near the Emperor's throne. There is no war in the Empire. They are held in reserve to carry out specific mission on his orders.
Can I start in the Rebellion?

No. The rebellion will contact you soon.

What happens if a character dies?

They're dead, obviously. Regardless of whether you're a mirror character, or one from the Chaos Galaxy sent across. Dead is dead.

If someone is writing my Mirror character and they kill them off what happens?

They're dead, but this will not affect you original (Chaos verse) character in any way.

Do I submit my mirror character to Codex?

No, use the character creation template and forum. Writing a biography for your mirror version is optional, but desirable.

May I make a subaccount for my mirror character?

Yes, but we won't be providing formal tags for these accounts.

After this is all over, can the Mirrorverse character be brought over to the Real World Universe as its own separate entity (i.e. my Main Character dragging their Mirror Self over to Chaos)?

Also, if we have a mirror of a Force User, but they are an NPC, are we allowed (within reason) to up the rank and ability? Particularly if there was an event which would be cause for increased mastery of certain things? For example: if my Jedi Padawan had been inducted into the Jedi Order at an earlier age, it is quite possible that she'd be a Knight or Almost-Knight by now.

Ibby said:
After this is all over, can the Mirrorverse character be brought over to the Real World Universe as its own separate entity (i.e. my Main Character dragging their Mirror Self over to Chaos)?
Currently, no.

Ibby said:
Also, if we have a mirror of a Force User, but they are an NPC, are we allowed (within reason) to up the rank and ability? Particularly if there was an event which would be cause for increased mastery of certain things? For example: if my Jedi Padawan had been inducted into the Jedi Order at an earlier age, it is quite possible that she'd be a Knight or Almost-Knight by now.
No.

Jordan Achilles

I was once a kid, now I'm half shadow, half man
[member="Mirror Emperor"]
Aw, you take away all the fun. Bye, Bye, Imperial HRD :( oh that HRD stuff, all OOC don't worry, nothing suspicious.

1.) How do you exactly RP a HRD in general, how advanced are they? Can I have once be part of the imperial cause?

[member="Jordan Achilles"]

The HRDs are deployed by the Empire to monitor citizens. They are very difficult to distinguish from biological creatures, but have no particular special abilities.

You could make the reveal at the start, or join the revolution and betray them later. Up to you.

The presence of HRDs is not known by the citizens of the Empire.

[member="Lao Tzu"]

If you don't want anyone to use your character in the Mirrorverse, that's perfectly fine. Participation is voluntary, and you have to post in the appropriate thread that your character is available for use.

[member="Braith Achlys"]

More on that to follow.

Mostly because there's little mention specifically of using your original character rather than a mirrorverse one - are all memories of the previous universe erased/forgotten and replaced with new ones?

So we can't bring any characters back from the Mirrorverse. But since you said our own can just pop in to that alternate reality via whatever. With all our stuff on us. When we leave, do we take back anything we've picked up along the way? No one got any loot last event. But there is a whole Galaxy, or rather this world Cormalum to steal from.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom