Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Species Miri Kuiaisiri - Deep Leviathan

Status
Not open for further replies.
latest.png

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
GENERAL INFORMATION
  • Name: Miri Kuiaisiri - Deep Leviathan
  • Designation: Semi-sentient
  • Homeworld: Mon Calamari
  • Language: Roars and growls, can understand commands given in the Sith language
  • Average Lifespan: 80 years
  • Estimated Population: Rare
PHYSICAL INFORMATION
  • Breathes: Type I, can breathe underwater
  • Average height of adults: 10 meters
  • Average length of adults: 20 meters
  • Skin color: Blue-ish Gray
  • Hair color: No hair
  • Distinctions: The most distinctive traits of the Miri Kuiaisiri are the prominent fins along its back, the tentacles that surround its jaws and emerge from its back, and the large blister traps it uses to capture the life force of its prey. Males have a large fin along their spine, while females have four more blister traps, two on either side of its head.
  • Races: No other races
  • Strengths:
  1. Much like prior Leviathans, the new monsters have the trademark blister traps of their land-based cousins, allowing them to consume any and all life they encounter except for Quarren and those that command them. Unlike the other creatures, however, the Miri Kuiaisiri have had their blister traps modified through Sith alchemy by the Lady of Secrets to also consume all Force attacks, light or dark, that might be directed at the monsters by having the blister traps emit what she called a consumption field around the creature. If a Force attack is launched, it is captured by the field and drawn into the nearest blister trap. They can consume twenty Force attacks before they need to stop and digest the energy, otherwise the consumption field won't absorb another attack.
  2. Through the use of Sith alchemy, the Lady of Secrets made the Miri Kuiaisiri's hide especially tough, making blows from a lightsaber or smaller caliber blasters and slugthrowers almost useless against them
  3. Despite their size, the Miri Kuiaisiri are incredibly fast and agile swimmers.
  4. The Miri Kuiaisiri have a secondary respiratory system designed specifically for when it is on land. Normally, it breathes through a set of gills located on their necks.
  • Weaknesses:
  1. While the blister traps are the greatest strength of the new monsters, they are also its weakest point. An attack that hits one, even from blasters or slugthrowers, will severely weaken the creature as the life force collected is released. If enough are damaged, they will die.
  2. Another problem if the blister traps are damaged is the consumption field around the monster develops holes that will allow Force attacks to get in and wound or kill the creature.
  3. While their hide is very tough, larger weapons like turbolasers, mass drivers, and powerful vehicle laser cannons can penetrate and wound the monster
  4. While they are able to leave the water and attack on land, they are much slower and lethargic when not in their preferred environment.
  5. The gills of the creatures are also a major weak point as if they are damaged while underwater, even one set, the creature won't be able to filter the water properly and will simultaneously drown and suffocate.
  6. An odd side effect from their creation, the Miri Kuiaisiri are extremely allergic to kolto. If exposed to the substance, their hide will turn black and brittle and easily pierceable by even the smallest caliber weapon, their blister traps will be unable to consume life energy, and they will go blind.
CULTURE
  • Diet: Carnivore, Life and Force Energy
  • Communication: Roars and growls, can understand commands given in the Sith language
  • Technology level: No technology level
  • Religion/Beliefs: No religion or belief system
  • General behavior: The Miri Kuiaisiri were designed to be apex predators, especially when devilsquid on Mon Calamari had devoured the original Sea Leviathan several hundred years ago. They are solitary creatures for the most part, unless it is during mating season, and they will swim through the oceans looking for large concentrations of Mon Calamari lifeforms. The Lady of Secrets made sure, in their creation, that they will avoid any Quarren settlements as their minds believe they are a poisonous source of energy. During mating season, they will gather into schools of roughly six and the females will lay eggs within the deep sea trenches near thermal vents. Newborn Miri Kuiaisiri are a meter long serpent, but will quickly grow in size when they consume life energies.
HISTORICAL INFORMATION

As the Sith Empire expanded towards Mon Calamari, the Lady of Secrets decided to revisit an insidious project from Darth Krayt's One Sith: the Sea Leviathan. Created by Vul Isen, it was supposed to be a tool of extermination against the Mon Calamari, but it was defeated by the combined efforts of the Mon Cal Rangers, an Imperial Knight, and the native devilsquid of the planet. Taeli Raaf was determined to fix that mistake of history.

The new monsters, dubbed the Miri Kuiaisiri, High Sith for Deep Leviathan, were much stronger than the original. Taeli personally oversaw and manipulated the creation of the beast's blister traps, altering them through alchemy so they could consume life energy and any Force energies the creature encountered. It would not matter if the attack was from the light or the dark, the blister traps would consume it before it reached the beast.

The new monsters were also gifted with an incredibly thick hide to protect it from enemy attacks, and the Lady of Secrets made sure it could breathe underwater and on land by introducing a secondary respiratory system for the creature when out of water. The new monsters would be the first in use on the aquatic planet, and this time, no giant squids were going to put a stop to their plans.

[member="Taeli Raaf"] What scary awesome creatures! Horrible terrible experiment indeed! Just a few wee notes.

1.) Image Source - The Wiki-Source image seems to have been uploaded by a random user, not the artist, or the owner. It is owned by Hex Entertainment [Chuy De Leon]. I would suggest using this link instead as it seems to be the most accurate source available.

2.) Strengths - I am in awe of your creativity on the weaknesses but I would like to clarify the strengths a little bit. In the original "Sea Leviathan" from the Wookie the creatures could only drain the Life Energy of Mon Calamari. Is that still true? Or can they now drain from all creatures/species? I also wanted to inquire about your thought process on how consuming "Force Power" has been adapted. It is my understanding that they can "consume" all LS and DS attacks. It seems a little problematic because the creature was created through the Darkside of the Force, Sith Alchemy, and creatures of the Dark usually tend to be more susceptible to Lightsided attacks. I'm just looking for your thoughts/rationale on that.

That would be all! The rest looks just fine - A nice recreation on a canon creature.

[member="Srina Talon"]

Will edit the image in a moment, but gonna address the other points first. While the original Sea Leviathan was designed to solely consume Mon Calamari, Taeli made this one much more like the original Leviathan monster where it can consume any creature or species, except for Quarren. As for consuming Force attacks from both sides of the spectrum, the idea was the modified blister traps emit a sort of field that draws Force attacks into them before it can reach the monster.

I can add in a weakness where if a blister trap gets damaged, a gap forms in that field that the creature can be attacked through with the Force?

[member="Taeli Raaf"] Apologies for the delay I just got in for the evening.

I may have missed it but can you add to the strengths specifically to say something to the effects of: "Unlike the previous version they can absorb Life Energy from all creatures, save, for Quarren." Please feel free to use your own wording. The reason I asked about it wasn't to disagree, but, that I just wasn't 100% sure if that had been changed.

That added weakness sounds very reasonable to me. Please feel free to edit when you can and tag me when you're ready.

Thanks so much!

[member="Taeli Raaf"] | [member="Srina Talon"]

Cool variation of the canon Leviathan. I have a couple of things I'd like some clarification for, before I can stamp this though.

1. Much like prior Leviathans, the new monsters have the trademark blister traps of their land-based cousins, allowing them to consume any and all life they encounter except for Quarren and those that command them. Unlike the other creatures, however, the Miri Kuiaisiri have had their blister traps modified through Sith alchemy by the Lady of Secrets to also consume all Force attacks, light or dark, that might be directed at the monsters by having the blister traps emit what she called a consumption field around the creature. If a Force attack is launched, it is captured by the field and drawn into the nearest blister trap.
I'd like some sort of upper limit for this. I am not looking to extremely limit this, but having some sort of boundary will give people a better idea, if they ever encounter it in combat.

1. While the blister traps are the greatest strength of the new monsters, they are also its weakest point. An attack that hits one will severely weaken the creature as the life force collected is released. If enough are damaged, they will die.
Just to clarify- the blister traps are separate from the highly durable hide of the beast, so small arms and things like that will be very effective against them, yes? If so, please tweak the sentence to reflect that a bit better.

1. Another problem if the blister traps are damaged is the consumption field around the monster develops holes that will allow Force attacks to get in and wound or kill the creature.
From how I read it these guys are pretty vulnerable to Force Powers, but the consumption field allows them to get around this, so when they get damaged they find themselves at a distinct disadvantage. Is that a correct assessment?

Once you clarify these things, tag me and I will take another look at it.

[member="Jairus Starvald"]

Not entirely sure what you are looking for in regards to the first point, but edited the second, and yes that is correct for the third. If a Force attack slips through a hole in the consumption field, they are just as vulnerable as any other Sithspawn

[member="Taeli Raaf"] | [member="Srina Talon"]

Not entirely sure what you are looking for in regards to the first point

As it stands the leviathan can absorb an infinite amount of Force powers unleashed on it. Which would make it a rough Ysalamir analogue with big teeth. That is a bit much. What I am looking for is an upper limit on how much it can absorb, before its blister traps are full and needs time to recover, before it can absorb more again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom