Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Minor Factions Inside Major Factions?

Jsc

Disney's Princess
So you've got a Major Faction. It's great. Working fine. And then suddenly! Boom. There are all these little Minor Factions popping up everywhere that claim to work for said Major Faction. Maybe they just live inside your Influence Sphere on the Map, maybe they got absorbed via RP, or maybe they are just a smaller branch of said government or organization. Who knows. The possibilities are endless.

My question to the community is:

Q: Do Minor Factions created to operate inside a Major Faction, help or hinder the Board, and the larger Faction, as a whole? And why?

Nyxie

【夢狐】
A: I think it depends on how they're being used and what they contribute back to the faction they're naturally taking space and resources from.

If you have something that's integral to the faction's operations but is unique enough to warrant it's own category; good for you.
Ex: Techno Union to the CIS, Witches of Dathomir to the United Mandalorian Clans.

If you have something that's either redundant or just placed for the sake of whim, it probably doesn't serve valid purpose; not so good.
Ex: Let's not step on those toes, shan't we?

Another thing is that a faction doesn't need to have several subfactions for everything to establish them as their own groups. There is no reason why something like, say, a Marine division can't just be that: a special division of the Marines of the faction's military.

We saw what happened with the Republic. I'd say making splinter groups harms the Faction, but creating a minor faction inside a major faction that caters to a different kind of character in order to bring more people into the fold should be encouraged.

I say it's helpful if done right, harmful if it splits the overall focus of the faction.

Jsc

Disney's Princess
I'm inclined to encourage them if they are handled appropriately. Take the Website's relationship with The Factory. It's works like a Minor Faction operating underneath the Websites Banner for greater enjoyment of the whole community. Even whilst being essentially, non-essential.
  • It has a purpose specific to the enjoyment of the greater group
  • governed and accountable to a publically available rule set
  • is Staffed with great care and effort, by and from the greater group
  • regards conflicts of interest, general disagreements, education opportunities, and allows for second chances
  • AND, can operate independently with little to no oversight

Take notes ladies. Sounds like a recipe for success if you asked me. :)

Not Ordo

Just under the upper hand.
Another concept that has been instituted is the Rebellion. so some groups that are inside a major faction are likely using said Minor faction to plan and get ready for a Rebellion RP.

[member="Kalizka"]

Yes but that is now entirely allowed. But I believe generally it is to be done as main members dissatisfied with the current administration form a group in order to rebel. Not seven people make new characters, go enough to make a faction and then start flipping tables.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom