Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Faction Mighty Wings

Don't sleep. That had been Teravin's goal during the classroom period. It wasn't that the information was boring or unhelpful. But to a Zorren, surviving the wilds was a part of every day life. Besides the local courses such as poisonous plants and expected fauna, there was nothing for him to really learn. That in mind, Teravin's goal was simply to not die of boredom before he had a chance to die in the woods. Speaking of dying, he found it a bit reassuring that he wasn't the only one in the room that had ever been shot down. Though, the Lt. Commander hadn't been off the mark when he commented on the scant people that had survived a crash landing. Teravin for one, hadn't.

When go time came however, the listless pilot who spent his time clicking his holster in the back of the classroom was all grins as he jumped out of the speeder, his pistol in hand as he looked over it. The fennec was an odd thing to fit for non-lethal fights, the weapon shooting a mixture of solid projectiles and stun bolts. But blaster rounds were slower, and much of the fennec's utility came from a faster round, less luminescent round. The piece he had now had been specially shipped, firing rubber bullets with a lower charge behind them. It would hurt like a schutta, but at least it wouldn't punch any holes through whatever unfortunate soul the instructors sent after him.

"I've got the claws for climbing,"
Teravin mentioned to his partner as, satisfied with his weapon, he placed it into its holster. "Might be a good idea for me to head up and scout ahead." Kelly was, as far as Teravin could tell from their time between classes, a good kid. He had a fire and certainly a modicum of skill. What's more, he was a legacy. Flying was in his blood. But this wasn't flight training. This was training when it all went to hell. This was the domain of the infantry. In that respect, Lt. Arosin was an oddity. Zorrens were made for the ground, for clawing, biting, and brawling their way through enemy lines. Teravinw as one of the few of his kind who preferred the skies over the grounded assurance of terrestrial combat.

While he awaited his partner's response, Teravin's hands plucked the dagger from his hip to inspect its edge. His bladed weapon might not have been the most practical. Not as many uses as a knife or a hand axe, but it was well balanced and well practiced. With a well placed throw, he would be able to down either some small prey, or a foe that needed a more silent end than his gun could provide.

Kelly T. Perris Kelly T. Perris

Mylo Thorne Mylo Thorne Wedge Draav Wedge Draav Su Rov Su Rov Elijah Beckett Elijah Beckett Vashja Io Vashja Io Addison Porte Addison Porte Ari Naldax Ari Naldax Sarai Nova Sarai Nova

EXPLORATION
JANARA III, INNER RIM
Reformation of Revenant Squadron

div-orange.png

Mylo Thorne Mylo Thorne | Elijah Beckett Elijah Beckett | Kelly T. Perris Kelly T. Perris | Vashja Io Vashja Io
Su Rov Su Rov | Teravin Arosin Teravin Arosin | Sarai Nova Sarai Nova | Ari Naldax Ari Naldax | Kyle Torchwood Kyle Torchwood

Addison closed her eyes after the training class finished and just continued to sit in her chair for a moment as the others started to mingle and get with their assigned partners.

The Taanabian took a deep breath in, then blew it out slowly. It wasn't the information that had been passed on to them about survival that was troubling, but rather who she was to be paired with for the test.

The Lieutenant Commander gave off a vibe that he already didn't like anyone there, but the more the young Jedi studied the grizzled man from afar perhaps it was just her.

Anyhoo, Addison couldn't let that deter her from doing the best she could, not only for herself, and the squadron but more so for her partner as wingmates stick together through thick and thin. The two pilots didn't have to like each other, but they at least had to earn each other's respect and trust. And that is what Addison was going to do one way or another, hopefully.

Pushing up from where she sat, the brunette gathered her things and went to find Wedge Draav Wedge Draav .

"Commander... I'm ready when you are" Addy nodded affirmatively to the executive officer, then pointed to his mug in hand.

"Some would say caf is the elixir of life. I could agree with that statement. How would you rate it here... fully-leaded sludge or weak coolant? Seems like the only two types the Alliance provides their pilots," she quipped lightly, which was a fact, true and tested.

Yep, he's wound up like a spring.

8L2moGs.png

Last edited:
VVVDHjr.png

The slap on his back pulled the other corner of Kelly’s mouth up into the beginnings of a grin, and when Mylo directed him to take a seat with the rest of the pilots, he went with his winger, “Thanks,” he said to her congratulations, with a small measure of surprise as it still surprised him, “wasn’t expecting it,” and he slipped into a seat next to her in the second row, turning his eyes to the front while the Commander said his piece. They'd have to talk about her choice of words. Some other time after they were done with all of this.

Apart from noting the stragglers, his gaze didn’t deviate from the front and the men speaking until the briefing was over with, and only then did he turn his head and look at the rest of the pilots around him as they began to mingle, then file out of the room. What they were facing in two days’ time was hardly unexpected - you had to be hiding under a very big rock to be in the GADF and not have heard of what happened on Janara III - but having the specifics laid out to him as imminent buried a low disquiet in his brain; glancing sidelong at Tinks, faintly grim in expression, he rose and left the room for the classes that were about to begin.

affabanner.png

Two days later…

For Kelly, it had been easy to pay rapt attention during the pre-exercise instruction of the past couple days, with what was to come - the possibility of torture - lurking at the back of his mind. Seven kilometres wasn’t terribly far, and under normal circumstances it was a distance that could be covered in just over an hour to hour and a half when walking at a decent clip… but this, here, wasn’t any kind of normal. He could be sure of that.

Carrying his pack on one shoulder, the Corellian jumped out of the speeder, less enthusiastic than his assigned partner and more… present. Keyed to awareness of everything around him, not in the same way that a Jedi would be, but as highly alert as he would be in the cockpit, and then some.

"I've got the claws for climbing, might be a good idea for me to head up and scout ahead."

Kelly flicked a glance at the Zorren, then travelled his eyes up one of those nearer columns of wood and foliage, “You ever seen a dire-cat in a tree?” He crouched down to fish his own knife out of his pack, then turned his head as he pulled the sheathed blade out from the bag, narrowly appraising Teravin, “You can’t miss it. ”

You just had to hope it didn't take an interest in the off-chance you came across one, fucking around in the woods of Corellia as teenagers were known to do, and he had been no different. He might have been a bit out of his depth, out here in the open without the trigger of a vessel of war at his fingertips, but he could think his way out of a paper bag, so to speak. Had to be able to, to do what they did.

"It's quiet out here."

Well, nature's version of quiet. Normally that wouldn't be this unsettling.

Last edited:

Kyle had no idea who anyone was, save for Kelly Perris, and not because he knew him personally. All the other faces were strangers, and he did well enough to observe for a while. Naturally the survival training was going to be a major focus, and so they all sat through the first parts of what they were gathered for. Pairings were listed for the practical part of the training, and Torch was once again with a stranger.

”I’m feeling ready for life to suck for a while, are you ready for life to suck for a while?

Kyle just nodded.

“Not sure what they all have planned, but the way the CO and the XO looked I think they are about to have a lot of fun at the expense of our misery.”

Did he keep it to himself that he was a Jedi, or did the woman already notice the lightsaber which he had tucked conveniently into his pack. There was no way he was going anywhere without it, even if it meant trying to conceal it. The rest of his gear was standard. If they were going to do this, then Kyle was determined to do it right. Whatever was standard issue for the pilots was all he asked for.

The survival kit was minimal, but it covered all the basic needs.

“It won’t be too long though. Just enough to be sure we know what we are doing. If the rumblings of war are true, it’s better to do this the first time with a friendly crowd than with the enemy.”

What Kyle was more concerned about was the torture training. Would he be able to deal with it if he were the one from the pair if he was selected.

“You got this…”

Mylo Thorne Mylo Thorne | Addison Porte Addison Porte | Kelly T. Perris Kelly T. Perris | Su Rov Su Rov | Elijah Beckett Elijah Beckett | Vashja Io Vashja Io | Teravin Arosin Teravin Arosin | Ari Naldax Ari Naldax

Interacting with: Sarai Nova Sarai Nova

Same here, this ain’t exactly my first rodeo learning to survive. But this planet has its reputation, and I’m curious to see what they’ll throw at us.” He shook Vashja’s hand, noticing it was particularly brief and to the point. “Honestly, I’ve flown a bit everywhere. Joined up with the Starfighter Corps a good sixteen years ago. So I’ve been moved around a lot, depending where the newest war has broken out.

A few minutes later and their speeder finally arrived. Elijah motioned for Vashja to board first, if only to watch her more to try and discern the oddities surrounding her. Already content with his equipment checks, the Corellian pilot threw his survival pack into the speeder and climbed in.

He was seated opposite to Vashja, giving him a better look at her face. Elijah immediately noted how near perfect her skin was, which wasn’t too particularly strange. Some people were just that lucky when it came to the genetic lottery. But it was the way she moved, specifically her eyes, that finally tipped him off. She looked around with efficiency, there was no wandering or lingering gaze. Just extremely precise movements.

She’s not human.

The higher ups had well and truly brought together an interesting mix of pilots.

So, I figure while we’re in transit we might as well discuss our strengths and weaknesses.” Elijah paused for a moment, looking at Vashja ready to gauge her reaction. “And well, I might as well just ask this now rather than later. You’re a type of a droid, correct?

Janara III - present day​

Mylo Thorne Mylo Thorne Addison Porte Addison Porte Wedge Draav Wedge Draav Kelly T. Perris Kelly T. Perris Teravin Arosin Teravin Arosin Sarai Nova Sarai Nova Ari Naldax Ari Naldax

Direct: Elijah Beckett Elijah Beckett

Vashja calmly sat on the speeder as they journeyed, the man had been a pilot for sixteen years, that was significantly longer than Vashja had been operational, she supposed most of the organics must be quite experienced pilots and wondered if any of their flight experiences made up her combat database.

Elijah Beckett Elijah Beckett was straight to the point asking about her nature, there was no sense in hiding it, and by the terms of her asylum, she legally couldn't. "I am, I'm a Pilot Nuetralizer model one human replicant droid" she replied, wondering if that long designation meant anything to him. "I was built by House Io about three years ago, but I defected to the Alliance and your people took me in." There was a grateful smile on the droid's face.

"As to my capabilities, my piloting, combat and tactical database puts me into a category comparable to an organic ace pilot like yourself. I have enhanced sensors, particularly optical, and obviously being mechanical gives me endurance advantages." She wouldn't need to recharge for about seven years, but wondered how that might work without access to House Io technicians, perhaps her existence would turn out to be on a countdown.

"And you? I'm guessing human, and by the accent the core? But organics are all so varied I wouldn't even be able to guess your skills, beyond piloting of course."

The speeder was coming in to land near a a plume of black smoke meant to replicate the telltale signs of a speeder crash. It would mean whatever hunted them would know exactly their start point, just like in a real crash situation. After the pair had done speaking she would step out and immediately begin to start getting a lay of the land, standing in the centre of the clearing and looking around to build up a mental map of the area and look out for any obvious signs of aerial drones or other incoming units. Their target point was north towards some large and foreboding mountains. High ground, an obvious target for a downed pilot to seek out and contact friendlies. She reached to her holster attached to her orange and white flightsuit, it only fired training pulses at the moment, but she wanted to be ready if they were engaged.

Last edited:

JANARA III
CORUSCANT TIME: 1400 HOURS

WE ARE NOT YOUR KIND OF PEOPLE

affabanner.png

Janara III was a relatively good place to be.

Wedge's interest in the classes wasn't presented in his facial expressions or his tone when discussing with the instructors- in fact, he never so much as smiled or cracked a joke the entire time. But the classes and the instruction went on- and Wedge performed well, even exemplary in some cases. He was smarter than he let on, more tenacious than he appeared, and more calculating than his exterior presented.

Before the exercise...
The speeder riding over the treeline to their LZ- their "Crash site", as it were, was a silent affair. It gave him time to think, to reflect. To prepare mentally for the challenge ahead. Wedge had a habit of silence before a mission, before any event big moment. Peaceful, blissful sil-

"Some would say caf is the elixir of life. I could agree with that statement. How would you rate it here... fully-leaded sludge or weak coolant? Seems like the only two types the Alliance provides their pilots,"

His blissful, blissful silence, interrupted. He was drinking caf earlier- right before they climbed into the speeder. It was the last bit that he was allowed to receive. He was not like her. He had no force to refuel him, to rejuvenate him. He was but a man, tenacious and capable, but still a mortal.

"It's fine."

The first words spoken to her directly in their short time together. He wouldn't have picked him with a Jedi- or anyone with the force. They made him uneasy. He heard, and had seen- what they could do. Wedge had been a pilot for a long time, and in that period had grown rather cautious around Jedi. The Jedi were important to the Alliance, sure. But they also were capable of much more than he was. Much more than anyone alive could. Jedi could topple Empires, could tap into the mystics that eluded Wedge. Could see things before they happened, read minds.

And truth be told, they at the worst, scared him, and at the least, unnerved him.

And he'd only encountered a few Sith in his life- and only a Mawite Marauder that nearly killed him. He turned towards her, examining the woman cautiously with a weary gaze.

"You ever been shot down before, Porte?"

At least he didn't address her by her rank. But not by her first name. He leaned forward, rubbing his hands together, fixing his hair. Blue eyes looked ahead, as the speeder shifted direction. They had gone in a few circles, in a random pattern to attempt and disorient them and make them unfamiliar with the terrain- as most of the speeders would likely do.

“Can’t say I’ve seen a dire cat anywhere. Saw a Yularen once. Damn thing spiked me on the shoulder before I could spear it. Climbing down after that was difficult to say the least.”
The slender black felines were just one of the many dangers that lay in the forests of his home, both on the ground and in the canopies. Of course, dangers from all directions meant that escape must similarly be considered in all directions, a possibility offered to Zorrens who had undergone the trials.

“But I take your meaning. If you want to keep a low profile, we can keep it low.”
He returned the dagger to its sheathe, satisfied with its edge before starting to walk, his ears flicking about at the sounds of the wood. Kelly was right. The woods were quiet. Fowl and beast could sense the intruders to their home and had taken cover. The question was, was it the duo of pilots that had alerted them, or something else that sent the forest denizens scurrying for their burrows.

Seen kilometers, as the pythros flew, wasn’t a long distance. But a lack of distance wouldn’t mean a lack of difficulty. Every sense Teravin had was on high alert and his golden eyes peered suspiciously at the woods as they began to travel. He was used to the dangers of nature. But the briefing had mentioned capture. Wild animals didn’t capture and seven kilometers was plenty of room for another team to lurk in the shadows.

Kelly T. Perris Kelly T. Perris @whoever else needs to read this post.

He closed up his pack, rose, and affixed the sheathed knife to his person, then slipped the straps of his bag over his shoulders. He didn’t know what a Yularen was, but it wasn’t a creature they’d encounter here so there was little point in asking what they were. It didn’t matter within the scope of what they were here to do.

“Never been stabbed... or shot,” was all he said in response to that; he flashed a vague smirk, “been shot at plenty, though.”

Occupational hazard. Teravin understood his meaning - good. “Yeah, probably for the best,” he said to ‘keeping it low’, and he stepped off with his Zorren partner, saying nothing else for the next several minutes as they kept an eye out, an ear to the wilderness around them. Gauging the environment they were in. But he got to thinking - whoever or whatever was out there had to be some small degree of twisted to do what could be done to them - and then he remembered something:

“You believe some people do this shit for fun?”

He kept his voice low. You could wander across some pretty skeezy stuff on the holonet.

affabanner.png

JANARA III
— — — —
Present Day | Interacting: Kyle Torchwood Kyle Torchwood

“It won’t be too long though. Just enough to be sure we know what we are doing. If the rumblings of war are true, it’s better to do this the first time with a friendly crowd than with the enemy.”

Sarai nodded, turning her head away a bit.

She wasn’t overly familiar with other force users, the scope of her own powers were still fairly limited. Any feeling she might have gotten that would have clued her into her partner being a Jedi were overshadowed by the worry she felt.

Outwardly she may look collected, but no one wanted to get tortured.

“You got this…”

Her eyes snapped back to Kyle and she flushed slightly. She hadn’t known she was letting her trepidation show in any sense.

”Thanks…we’ve both got this.” She replied, nodding.

Just then a speeder roared to a stop in front of them, idling with a soft hum. The driver was the chasis of an old protocol droid hard wired into the speeder itself.

Sarai tossed her gear in and slid into the speeder.

”Looks like it‘s our turn to crash somewhere.”

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom