Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Midnight Meetings

54100.gif

Equipment: Simple Jedi Robes, inherited lightsaber, light-filtering lenses​

Desbre sat on a crate, snacking on a pouch loaded with local berries. The area she sat upon was lit mostly by starlight, and a few low landing lights outlining the empty platform. Her eyes were fixed on the distant flickering glows of welders in the repair bay a hundred or so meters distant. The darkness didn't bother her at all and was quite comfortable, thanks to her natural infrared or thermal vision. The landing pad itself glowed a warm red as it gave off it's captured heat. The stars wheeled overhead slowly and as she watched a ship came into land on another platform, gliding on repulsors. But overall it was a peaceful, quiet moment, as though the world was holding its breath or resting easy this night.

She sat, pondering what lay ahead, even as she watched her battered Loronar B-9 being put back together. She knew she probably should be helping. If nothing else, because it was hers, and she did know how to work on it. But these were professionals and expert droids. She'd slow them down. Getting to her feet she began walking closer, coming along the walkway that leads toward the bays. At the end she began making for the Rest proper, but skidded off to the right, moving around to the side. Walking allowed her mind to drift. The motion was good, and she found herself taking long, ranging strides like she was going somewhere, despite having no destination in particular. She didn't feel like bedding down for the night. There was somewhere else she needed to be. She needed to move. And while she was a Padawan, and they had some of their movements restricted, she was both an adult and a Senior padawan. She had virtually unrestricted movement and no curfew. She also was not stuck with the younglings and teenagers. That was in some ways small mercy, but in others, she supposed that it might have been fun. She could imagine being plied with questions and regaling them with stories and learning about them as well. But it also sounded terribly draining for now.

Soon she was passing the pools and while the idea of going for a late swim appealed to her, she didn't feel like this was the place she wanted to be. Or needed to be. In short order she found herself moving with more and more speed, until she was on a pleasant jog, if not run. She vaulted over roots and logs, swung from a vine periodically, taking a new trail through the ground level. Granted the Shadowlands wasn't far away, and that was dangerous even for a group of adult Wookiees. But close to the Rest was mostly safe. Well safe for a Wookiee or a Jedi. Flipping over a log she landed with one foot and then the other without even breaking stride, hair flying behind her as she went deeper into the lower jungle. It grew much dimmer, most visible light was gone. But the thermals she could see just fine with.

More than that she could feel her way with the Force. But more so this was an exercise in trust. More than once she had simply closed her eyes and ran, letting the Force carry her, tell her where to place her feet, when to lean and how hard to jump when to slide, and more. It was the same that she used in combat, dancing on the edge of a razor, safe as a baby in a crib. But not tonight. No, eyes open, faced forward. But still Aware.

Finally, she began to slow as she'd burned off enough excess energy. Her heart hammered in her chest rapidly and she took in lungfuls of air, but almost immediately began to recover. She walked, fingers laced together, hands resting on top of her head. If she stopped now she risked cramps and blood clots. It was a good run, but still, she pressed on. She had a feeling there was something ahead. Sure enough, she rounded a bend in the trail and came upon a rock grotto with steaming water. the pool in her thermal vision was a lurid red, but as far as she could tell, not dangerous. There came a soft cool glow from lower down, either from some kind of bio-luminescence or soft lights that were sunk in.

Was this what she had been lead to? Moving closer she perched on some mossy, slightly slick, slightly damp rocks. Reaching one hand out to the water, she touched the surface. It was warm, if not hot, and after the initial shock was not so bad. After a long run and a hard day of training, the idea of a hot soak sounded glorious. And as far as she could tell she was alone, with a quick glance. Standing up she unlatched her belt, then peeled off the top of her uniform, both layers, leaving her bare from the waist up in the balmy night air. Boots ent next, and then the rest, leaving her pale skin softly outline din the faint rays of moonlight and the glow from below in the water. Slipping forward she sank to her knees, then farther, down to her waist, and then submerged. The whole thing was twenty to thirty feet across and had a small natural outlet over a short set of falls, and then began meandering its way to the ocean nearby.

The heat hit her immediately and she almost wanted to climb out but forced herself to stay. She acclimated to it reasonably quick and only then allowed herself to surface, taking a deep breath once more. Backpedaling she moved to sit on a submerged rock, leaning back against a larger one. Both almost seemed placed there. As she relaxed her bare arms floated to the surface and she seemed to almost recline in the water, with a long sigh.

zJxNdnE.png

Kashyyyyk was a world he hadn’t thus far had much experience with. Because of his connection and acquaintance to Caedyn Arenais he was allowed a visit to this Jedi hotspot. He came here to study, this world was rich in all kinds of unexplored wonders and the Lopara was quite eager to learn as much as he could.

He had taken pains to avoid the territory frequented by the Lightsiders, not because he was an enemy, but well. He did not want to be accused of preying upon their apprentices. Not that he would of course. Conversation was one thing, but conversion? Pff. Only idiots and ne'er do wells preyed upon the weak. Even still, he wasn’t some Sith looking to lure or break, he was simply himself. Of course, some minded in a more narrow viewset might see his existence a problem, so. Avoidance was better.

He had chosen a spot that was close to water, not that he needed it since his ship had all the amenities of modern glory. Still, a hot spring was a wonderful thing. His perch was up behind one of the massive tree roots, a short walk from where the spring spilled downwards. He had been down below, relaxing in the water and as he had been submerged, he suddenly felt a strong Light signature at the edge of the water. Content to wait for them to pass, he found himself shifting as the stranger got into the water.

What he saw as he stood up was quite pleasant, but not quite consenting since he had been below the water. He turned however and coughed, the steam probably hiding him in its heat, Energies of his own tightly concealed. “I don’t mind sharing this place, but I should let you know you have company. I’ll take myself to my camp if you’d prefer I be gone?

At almost seven feet, Vanir was standing in the deeper part and the water only went to the middle of his chest. There was a blaster wound on his left shoulder, mostly just silvered with age now. His dirty blond hair slicked back from his face. His accent was hard to place, lilting, but aristocratic, he came from good stock somewhere. Beyond that it there was nothing else to really be gleaned from him.

He stood well balanced, he was used to combat even if the scar didn’t say so. His tone amused, he found the situation he was in quite entertaining. He fully expected screams and curses or something, though hoped not as it would sting his ears.

54100.gif

Motion in the pool caught Des's attention. A cursory glance revealed she'd been alone. Or thought she had. But there was indeed something large nearby in the water. A predator of some kind? She opened her right hand, calling for her weapon through the Force. It leaped into her grip, but she did not activate it as it rose, turning and coughing. The form resolved itself into that of a man. She sensed no threat from him, not in the way he stood, or his tone of voice. He seemed familiar somehow. "Anse," she asked, but no. It wasn't him. His presence was diminished in the Force. A tight, finely controlled net wrapped around him in it, sensing and scanning, but they seemed to slide off. It was a curious technique. She made note of it to add it to her own stealth and concealment routine, after taking nearly half a minute to study it. Anse wouldn't be able to do that... yet.

Settling the weapon into her bare lap under the water she shrugged. "Sorry, you reminded me of a friend. No, it's alright. You were here first," she replied. She had a coreward, cultured accent, and tone, but her vernacular so far seemed to be almost common. She made no move to cover herself. Whether or not he could see as well as she in the dark mattered little. She was enjoying the physical freedom and the water moving along her skin, the night air. All of it really, and she didn't want to taint any of it. That there was someone else here should have been a fly in the soup. But even now it didn't bother her much. It almost reminded her of being back on Anse's world. Her mind wandered back to the Lopar and found herself missing him terribly for a few moments. Even though his continual teasing was insufferable at times, she owed him so much. And he was good to her in so many ways. In this light, he definitely reminded her of Anse.

"You're welcome to stay, as long as you don't mind me being here either. I've been at the Rest for a while but didn't know about this place. And I guess I still haven't met everyone," she said. "I'm Desbre Gensan. Most just call me Des for short."
zJxNdnE.png

He turned to regard her with a raised brow when she called him by another’s name. He wondered what was about him that was like enough to another stranger to bring them to her mind. He smiled and shook his head. “I don’t mind company, honestly it is a bit lonely out here, but I made that conscious choice for mostly silly reasons. It is a pleasure to meet you Miss Gensan, Des… My name is Vanir Eris, call me Van or if you’d rather, Vanir.

He slipped over to her and sat in the shallows, his sky blue eyes regarding her with curiosity. “So who is the one whose name you said when you caught sight of me? It is not every day I am mistaken for another. Good things I hope? I’d rather not be taken for an enemy, I’m a bit under dressed for that kind of unpleasantness. Fighting would spoil the scenery...

He watched her every move, gaze flicking to the ripples even her breathing created. Movement as a whole, though her in particular since she had his focus. Occasionally his head would turn just a hair, a sound made off in the distance, the rustle of leaves, groan of a beast or so many other things he could hear. Little details that one might note, if caught.

54100.gif

"Funny, I came out here for the same reason. Well, to gather my thoughts and to be alone. Not that it's really possible with so many Jedi close by. But I can at least ... disappear from all that for a while," she replied. Her attention was glued to him as well. She was aware of his gaze roaming, the slight turns of his head, even the slight twitches of the ear. Whether or not she picked up on the same things in their environment, it was hard to tell. The only indication she was even concerned was the occasional slow blink. A soft smile tugged at her full lips, especially when he asked who he'd been mistaken for.

"Fighting would be rather messy," she agreed. Her mind went through a rapid tactical assessment of the area. There were vines, roots, branches, fallen logs and limbs, rocks, and boulders of all sizes that would make wonderful missiles. She'd never have to move an inch. The water itself was an advantage. She might not have the power to break whatever defensive technique he used to conceal himself and get a lock, but the environment she could command if she wished. It was... an interesting sensation. Not so much being able to move and manipulate objects. But the knowledge that she had those options. Years ago, the prospect of a fight would have filled her insides with ice. When fights broke out in her world, people usually wound up in a bacta tank. Or dead. And she never was sure her skills were up to it. But now? Even if she couldn't take him, she stood a very good chance of surviving, getting away. Even if she had to run back to the Rest completely naked. There were worse things than that, and she had nothing to be ashamed of there.

"But no. Very much a friend. I owe him my life, probably three times over. And at least once or twice over he owes me. This place is a lot like his world. And in this light, you have a similar jawline and mouth. His hair is longer, and he's got more beard," she explained, gesturing a little with one finger, indicating the areas mentioned.

As she chatted quietly with him, she seemed relaxed and at ease. Strangely, she was. The recent month or two had been full of some profound changes in the Arkanian. She wasn't wholly confident, but she wasn't in the same bad shape she used to be. She seemed more sure in herself. Not cocky or conceited but as though she had taken some measure of herself and now knew what she had missed before.
zJxNdnE.png

His head turned as he heard some creature let out a shrill noise, nose casually lifting a little as the breeze hit his face. He didn’t scent danger and as the forest didn’t go quiet, the noise didn’t seem to herald danger. He shifted to look at her and smiled. “Well. I am out here partially to study the wildlife and partially to keep Caedyn from having others run screaming to him about me potentially corrupting the precious paddies. I’m not all shiny and spotless and thus, suspect. He has enough work on his plate as is. I am grateful he granted me access to the planet to study the flora and fauna.

His head tilted when she talked about her connection to this Anse. “Just friends?

She described a very strong bond there, not just of friendship and loyalty, but very deep trust. “You must miss him a lot.

Truth was, he rather envied her right then. He didn’t have anyone that he trusted with his life. His lover he trusted, but she wasn’t a fighter. His sister he trusted some, but until her memories resurfaced and he found out how their bond might change, he couldn’t fully welcome her into his heart. To have that kind of companion? Was a gift he’d certainly cherish. “I’m surprised you didn’t bring him to this place, sounds to me if his world is so similar he’d love to share this experience with you.

54100.gif

"I do miss him a lot. He pulled me out of the wreckage of my ship. Helped me fight off slavers. Treated me better than almost anyone in my entire life," she said, inclining her chin a little. "But it's complicated otherwise. What's it to you," she asked, a little note of challenge in her voice. Truth was, she didn't really know where things lay with Anse. Especially, with Lepri getting in the mix.

Idly, she let her fingers dance and drift through the waters. It had been a while, and the gnawing in her gut she'd felt back then had continued to grow. Between Yverna and the war with the Bryn'adul, and everything else, she'd grown. But that same feeling also drew closer. Things were coming to a Shatterpoint and she didn't like it.

"I wanted to feel things out here. I wasn't sure if he'd be welcome. Or if the Silvers-" the Silvers. Not my order or my teachers "- would be alright with him being here, or put up with his antics." She shook her head. "He's welcome to come, of course. But I'm not sure how things are going to shake out."
zJxNdnE.png

He ducked his head a little apologetic. “I didn’t mean to pry too deeply, you just spoke so fondly of him. Is something wrong within the order? If it is another personal matter you don’t have to answer. I can at least be a pair of ears, even if I probably won’t have much else to offer.

Getting his snout in Jedi things was bound to leave him with a sore nose. As much as he had liked Caedyn, he wasn’t so close to the man to be of any value or be a confidante. So the fact this woman says something that hints at some kind of problem either with her personally or the Order caught his interest.

Desbre herself was a curiosity. He had come to this spot to avoid, instead getting that which he’d wanted to avoid landing nearly in his lap. He felt certain that this moment was necessary and he was curious to see what would come from it.

54100.gif

"It's not a matter of prying to deeply. I just want to know why you want to know," she said. "As for The Silver Jedi, and the Concord... I don't know. There are so many forces and factors at play. I'm still getting my bearings on how things are. I just recently learned that the Concord is in bed with The Sith Empire. The Bryn'adul burn everything in their wake. The galaxy rests on a knife edge. And I find myself questioning everything." She sank below the water for a moment, then resurfaced, only to scrub at her face with her hands, then let them sink below the water. She was almost lost in a steam cloud for a moment, but her sigh drifted through it.

"I feel like everything is falling apart," she murmured, her voice tiny and reed thin, as though it all weighed on her at once. In truth, it did. So much was at stake.
zJxNdnE.png

I’ve heard it said that Jedi are supposed to not get entangled with others.” he said with a chuckle. “So I found myself curious if I have found another rumor to be situational. You are the only second Jedi I have ever met.

He was caught off guard when she mentioned the Sith and Jedi in some kind of accord. “Where does Caedyn fall when it comes to a hell freezing over?

It was in his experience everything was always in some kind of state of falling apart. However he didn’t think she’d appreciate him saying so. “When everything seems to be a mess, the one thing that gives me a measure of comfort is reaching for the Force. Perhaps things will work themselves out hmm? And if they don’t, then take out your anger on someone in battle. Murdering trash I hear is good for the soul, at least when the trash deserves it.

54100.gif

"I-I don't know. I haven't had a chance to speak with him on the matter. I'm not sure it's my place, either," she replied, not looking so confident now. "I would imagine he has a unique view on it, as he used to be Je'daii, based on an earlier conversation." She frowned at this, chewing one full lip in thought, her gaze focused on the water in front of her, and more in the visible spectrum than infrared. "I respect his wisdom. But this isn't a choice he made. And I've already bothered him enough with my inane questioning," she murmured into the water.

Her brows knitted together in concern. Without realizing it, one hand squeezed her saber tight. It was only when her hand started to ache that she truly noticed. It wasn't so much a threat, but... something she couldn't physically crush with her bare hand, and instead, it became a way to rid herself of that tension and anxiety.

When his talk turned to using anger to take out the trash she frowned. "That's a really slippery slope," she said. "And it risks Falling into the Dark Side. And I have no desire to become a monster like many of the Sith. Or like the sithspawn that beats his wife to death because he's unhappy and a drunk. It's the same crap, but on different scales. Both are sets of choices, and eventually all that bad, black crap... starts running the show."

zJxNdnE.png

Vanir tilted his head. “There is a difference between venting your anger on an enemy and being consumed by it. Most Sith are in a perpetual state of temper tantrum, in fact it is demanded by their little creed or, most take it that way. As long as you don’t do anything you will regret, breaking what you are allowed to break is simply letting the emotions go and out. Stars know I’ve done my fair share of damage when in a fit of pique. So don’t feel so guilty about that storm you struggle so valiantly to keep inside, let it out in a satisfying and heart-whole manner and you’ll be just fine. Just don’t go slaughtering a whole tribe or city of people and you won’t even be close to Sithly.

Naturally what he suggested he assumed would be counter to what she may have heard from most, but emotions weren’t the enemy. Only letting them devour one’s whole sense of everything was. “Personally, with what little you have said, I’d go and tuck myself away with someone I cared for and wait for this transition to pass. Obviously with emotions running high, no one must be in any better condition than you are. What you need to do is go somewhere where you can think.

54100.gif

"There's just one problem with that whole idea. It is the lack of regret, the lack of a conscience that is part of it. How soon does it go from killing an enemy like the Bryn'adul, or stopping a murderer, or... even a dangerous non-sentient creature... To doing it because you think you should? That it's right for you to? And when does it go from being just something dangerous to just being something in your way or just even... merely disagreeing with you? To then just because they bear a name. Like Sith. Or Jedi. Or a criminal who's only crime is stealing for food, or selling themselves to get by and make ends meet."

She shook her head. "It's a very slippery slope. Just because you can doesn't mean you should." The Jedi Code never said anything about not killing. Not taking a life. That was other dogma. But more than that, she'd seen more death than she wanted. Knew how much of a hole each one had left in her own life. The misery left behind from all of it, burned like acid on her soul. She knew there were some things and people that needed killing. But ... deciding where the line was... was the hard part. The part she struggled with. What could she live with? What would she regret? Or was it a case-by-case basis?

Some Jedi killed without pause. This she knew of from historical records, and even more recent reports. Other times, it weighed on them like a boulder, crushing in its weight. She'd already suffered so much under the weight of her own conscience.

She looked at Vanir. "I can't just run and hide, and sit this one out. Maybe when I was still a teenager, sure. But... I have a responsibility. Not because of the Jedi. But because I have the ability to respond. Therefore, if I do not do something then I am at fault. Therefore, it is my responsibility. Because others cannot respond, or respond as well as I can. Or you can. Sure, running and hiding is a response. But I don't think I can live myself if I bury my head in the sand while millions and billions die. I don't think I could live with myself if I did not do everything I could to the best of my ability to protect... the ones that mattered to me."

zJxNdnE.png

She would see him smile as he listened, nodding. “Well said. However Desbre… Given your emotional turmoil, taking a step back to decide on where you go forward is not hiding or running away. On top of it all you said you have a companion, why not talk to him? Seems to me that going forward would be easier, if you had someone watching your back. The unknown is a confusing place to run towards when by yourself. What has your master suggested?

He assumed she was under the tutelage of a senior Jedi. Except that, why hasn’t she gone to the individual for guidance? Given how tumultuous things were, one would think the Jedi wouldn’t leave their padawan floundering. Perhaps she didn’t have any strong bonds among any of them. Seemed a pity really, this woman was bright and intelligent, a good heart too.

54100.gif

Tag: Vanir Eris Vanir Eris | Caedyn Arenais, Caltin Vanagor Caltin Vanagor , & Jairdain Jairdain mention tags added, cuz mentioned in RP :)

As he asked about her master, her expression dropped, including her ears drooping a little. But more than that, anyone with just a smidge of empathy would feel it drop too. In the dim light it seemed as though her eyes glistened for just a moment, then she cleared her throat. "I don't have one," she said, her voice tight, quiet, as though she could barely get even those scant three words out. "Three have come, and three have gone. But... None see fit to ... be around me for long." And I have no kriffing clue as to why. I still don't know what I am doing wrong. Why nobody wants to take me on or wants me around. She didn't have to say it out loud, one could almost hear it anyway, even without the Force, as she seemed to shrink in on herself. Large silvery eyes closed, and for a moment her face was drawn, as though she bore a great pain but tried not to show it.

Clearing her throat, she tried to find her voice once more. Failed. Tried again. "I don't want to ... lead my friend into the hell I am likely to go into. I --" She paused and for a moment looked stricken. "I know he'd tell me to stay. Or he would follow me. And I just want him to run free, to be spared that, and be happy. And not have to worry about... or fight the monsters I'm going to have to go after," she said. Her voice was mostly steady but now the tears came as her mind went to those places, those moments, possible and terrible futures. And how much she wanted to spare him. And the reality that she was probably going to die when she went. With or without him... standing alone before implacable, impenetrable, inexorable darkness, no matter how much she shined. No matter how hard she fought. She would do it, if it meant saving lives, sparing others... stopping the onslaught of xenocidal fanatics hellbent on destroying everything and everyone she'd ever cared about. Friends and family, past lovers. Anse. Even Vanir.

There was no fear in her tears, save for that she did value her own life. She valued others more, more than they would ever know. And there was the fear that she would never, ever be enough. Either to save them, or to be what they needed. That it would be in vain. she didn't want to go. Didn't want to leave them behind. Didn't want them to die either. Death didn't scare her. With as many times as she looked into the void. She didn't want to fail them, let anyone down. Be forgotten. To never be good enough.

After a few moments she wiped at the outside corner of her left eye with her right hand as she seemed to settle, though her gaze did not rise to meet him. Why was she pouring her heart out to a stranger? One who wasn't even a Jedi? She supposed there was something about him that engendered her trust. And sometimes it was easier to talk to a third party who wasn't involved, but who still might have something to contribute, who might give a kark.

Softly she sniffled a little, embarrassment washed through her. She must be a mess, and a real disappointment, she mused.After a moment he cleared her throat and found her voice again, calmer, lower in tone. "I had hoped Master Caedyn might... see fit to ... take me the rest of the way. Or Master Vanagor. Or Jairdain." She paused then as her mind went to Jair for a moment. She'd met Jair once for a class, but the woman stood out to her in so many ways. Pretty, poised, and though blind, she Saw more than most. She'd been somewhat drawn to Jair. There had been others that always seemed initially interested in her, taking her on, but then shortly after, sometimes hours, days, or weeks. But always... always.. they never continued. She wasn't even sure Master Caedyn would want her for the ExploraCorps, even though she'd done a marvelous job with the last charting run she'd made.

zJxNdnE.png

He opened his mouth to say something, her pain upset him, but he closed his mouth. It wouldn’t do for him to let his temper strike, but he was incredibly disappointed. When she talked about wanting to spare her friend he snorted. “Now that is a load of crap. Firstly, knowing you died and you could have asked for help? Would only make things worse. On top of it will be the idea that you thought they weren’t strong enough, worthy enough, willing enough and stars know what else. You say you don’t want to be a coward, yet here you are cowardly denying someone who cares for you their right to choose. That is quite unfair and selfish.

Perhaps he should have been kinder, but he wasn’t one to mince words. He shook his head. “Never ever take away someone’s choices. The very ‘freedom’ you want him to have, is the very freedom you are taking away. Your loss and lack of reaching will bind and hurt far more than anything else. Besides that, from the sounds of things you have a lot to resolve with him, don’t run off to die without getting that taken care of.”

He reached out and put a hand on her shoulder. “There is nothing wrong with you Desbre. It is likely the failings of theirs that they cannot be what you so desperately need. I’ll tell you what… If you don’t have a master or you lose another one or, you don’t want to stay and keep trying… Come to Arbra, I’ll see your name listed and you’ll be directed to my home.

Technically he shouldn’t be offering, but her pain cut and he couldn’t stand idle. If the Jedi got pissy at him, then so be it. “Send anyone who has a problem with picking you up to me and I’ll set their bent nose in its proper position.

The hint of a bite marked that statement, he did so enjoy rearranging people’s attitudes.

Last edited:

54100.gif

Desbre listened quietly. the words were harsh. She wanted to protest that wasn't what she was doing. But in a way, he was right. Des was on a path that Anse couldn't follow. Could he? Sure, he could shoot, fight, and hunt. But the battlefield was entirely different. Combat was different. It was a killing field. You didn't go ten rounds with someone toe to toe. Only doing your best to not die, and make as many of the enemy die as fast as you can until one side gives up. It was bloody, brutal, and senseless. It was a meat grinder.

He wasn't trained for that. He was a lone wolf. And while he might be a predator, so far as she knew, he had no idea how to work with a team. Accept and follow orders. Or to give them. Sure, working with her, and then with Lepri and her in a very limited engagement had gone well. But surviving the churn... He didn't have it, so far as she knew.

But he could. He could with a little work. Especially if you found out some more.

That voice again. From outside, always calming, and with advice that seemed to ease her anxieties. This was the first time it had spoken to her that she could recall, outside of a lesson or training. If she really wanted to protect him, what he needed was knowledge. That was something she could provide.

Her gaze swung to Vanir as he laid his hand on her shoulder. There was no threat or warning in her gaze but a measure of renewed determination. "I've no intention of dying. None do. Realistically, it's likely. But I wish to live. Your offer is generous and amazing. I would like to take you up on a visit at least, at some point. Whether or not I wind up with a Master. Or even make Knight by then." She gave him a small smile, fleeting, brief, but warm.

Coming out here at least help still some of the turmoil in her heart. Strange, hard days were ahead. Especially with the Jedi Order turning in on itself. That was a matter that still made her head, heart, and soul ache. It knotted her insides, but ... there was little she could do about it for now. Focus on what is in front of you, Des.

zJxNdnE.png

He smiled warmly and nodded. “Good. It is an insignificant little planet to most people within the galaxy. All it has to offer is abundant nature, largely untouched. However, it is also the only planet willing to fight to keep it that way. I can still show you some things, one of my main strengths is the manipulation of nature and my surroundings. I am also a scientist, but I suspect you won’t find any love for what it is I actually do as work.

He mentioned that last with a chuckle. Her home world was rife with all kinds of genetic fuckery and while he didn’t do genetic manipulation on people some might say his main focus on plants and secondary on animals, was just as bad. However most of what he meddled with was really fungus and microorganisms, like bacteria and the like. Nano-tech was an interesting subject and he mostly used it as a component of his work, he had no interest in making the nanotech a thing of its own.

He rather liked combining it and rendering the miniscule tech inert or with limited functionality in the body of his creations. Simply one more glue to hold it together and help it thrive rather than be a beast all on its own. Still, given how things went on Arkania, he had heard in passing once that most don’t really like the subject he worked in. Whether this rumor was true or not, he didn't know, but he'd rather err on the side that she was one of those people. He moved to rest his upper body along the edge, back facing the pool. “What else seems to be tormenting your soul little paddy-one? Might as well see if I can help sort the rest and give you a measure of peace.

54100.gif

Idly she wiped at the corner of one eye, listening quietly. He was an artificer of sorts, which was interesting. Though from what she gathered, their fields of study were in different directions. Genetic modification was still alive and well on Arkania, as well as many other sciences that were kept on the cutting edge. Genetic manipulation of one's own self was almost a right of passage back home, and even she had made a couple minor alterations. It was cheap, easy, and with a well-mapped genome, most anything could be done.

As his words turned mildly teasing, she shifted position, raising partway out of the water. Des tucked one foot under her and sat back down, mindful of her submerged weapon. "Lots. I'm not sure how I feel about the Silver Jedi being sent to aid the Sith. But I also don't think we should let the people drown under the onslaught of the New Imperial Order. Not talking about taking sides, but protecting innocent civilians." she shook her head.

"Struggling with the morals and ethics of combat. And I know we've kind of covered this. Then... there's stuff I just can't fix. And I don't know." She shook her head slowly. "I still haven't learned anything about my family's history, even though I know there were temples on Arkania. And there's the GA in orbit. Or was. Arkania is independent right now." She shook her head. "At some point, I have to go home."
zJxNdnE.png

He made a ‘hmm’ noise thinking. “This alliance with the Sith is indeed an unusual outcome, but considering the considerable threat the Bryn hold? Such an enemy would be the kind to breed strange bedfellows between their opposition. Were it me? I would do what I could to take stock of their numbers and glean anything I could for use as a tactical advantage, because you can be sure the Sith are already planning likewise. You all can also use this chance to see what you can do to spur their oppressed peoples into possible rebellion or to help them escape.

These things he would certainly do, were it him. “As for the NIO… So long as they don’t ally with say, the Bryn, but also do not attack your back as you fight them? I would let them sit because the Bryn are the bigger threat. And then, should the strange alliance hold, you and the Sith could then turn your attention back to the NIO and wipe them out.

As for the ethics and morals of combat, that was a murky grey area. “As a healer, combat is… In essence against everything I am meant to heal against. However… It is the way of sentient life to always seek to devour one another. The desire for power, will always bring conflict, so there is no possibility that peace will ever happen. Someone will always want more. Morals and principals is largely governed by the leadership and then personal choice and, always, the will of the one over you will dictate what actions you take even as you yourself would go another path. Your choice? To find a place that aligns with what you can live with. Of course, if you cannot find that, then you may be better off joining no one and simply fighting as your heart and the Force guide you.

Family. He looked away with a frown, he could understand that one. “Family is tricky. I only have my sister and a cousin with his own mate and offspring as what is left. I lost my eldest brothers, the only people I grew up with who mattered the most to me of my direct blood kin. Having a sister is a new thing and that circumstance is… Complicated. Honestly, the whole of my family and its dynamic is complicated and quite a mess. If you have even a bit of a chance to sort your situation out, take it, but don’t do it alone. I will never have a chance like you do… And if I did? I’d be painting walls a bright red…

There was the hint of a growl in his voice. His eyes getting tinged with gold, but he let the anger and pain bleed away, there would never be a point in time where he could set it loose and go nose to nose with the one responsible. Never will he be able to challenge his father and let it all go.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom