Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Merciless Sin

It wasn’t every day that Sinara directly travelled to Nar Shaddaa. Sometimes the Darkweb side of her work called for it, but she more often than not sent a trusted liaison in her place. Today however, was different. An item she was after had been intercepted in transit. It wasn’t hers in the first place, but a third party had gotten there first.

Now, Sinara was all for ‘finders keepers’...until it was something she was after. Someone had swindled an item from her, and that just wouldn’t do. It didn’t even matter if they weren’t aware of her intentions, no one got away with stealing from Sinara Thorne.

So she had travelled to this particular hive of scum and villainy, one of the more common ones within the galaxy. Her informants had gathered that the original thieves had sold off all of their goods to highest bidders. That being whatever street junkies that were around that day.

Honestly, the audacity to not do things proper, set up an auction and make some actual credits. Amateurs…

Now the item Sinara wanted was in the hands of a more local gang. Decently sized, large enough that a couple of the underlings were running their own little side businesses. But it was their numbers that concerned the half-Eldorai. Even she knew it was foolish to just march right into their territory, negotiating for the item. More so if the group’s reputation was to be believed.

Subtlety and sweet words weren’t going to do much.

Thus, Sinara looked for a hammer.

Enter Mercy Mercy , or that was at least the name given on the Darkweb dossier she had picked out. The fact someone named themselves that, and had a reputation like they did, the irony was something Sinara could appreciate.

So she put in a request, asking for her services on Nar Shaddaa. The gang wasn’t going anywhere, and Sinara was patient.

Mercy's mercenary services were quite popular these days.

She needed more reviews however.

It was something that needed more force behind it. Mercy couldn't just rely on them to get it on their own, she would really have to drill it home, just how important these reviews were. Hint hint. Another day, another contract. This time it was one 'Sinara Thorne'.... oooooh the puns Mercy could come up with... it would be beautiful.

If she wasn't a complete pain in the arse, of course.

They met at a local noodle bar. By the time that Sinara Thorne Sinara Thorne arrived? Mercy was already there. Several bowls of noodle already ordered, plated together and Mercy taking up a whole wall by herself.

Shoveling in noodles as if it was a sprint instead of a marathon.

"Ya mus' be the boss," Mercy called over her shoulder at Sinara. So maybe not that distracted. No eyes in her head though, so what was that all about? "Come, come sit, have a bowl, eh? On me for this time. I am fethin' hungry but feeling karking generous today."

Another bowl was emptied.

Then again, lady like that? Clearly needed it.

The idea of meeting up in a noodle bar was quite quaint in Sinara’s mind. It reminded her of the old days, back when assassination was her primary work. Meeting up with like minded individuals for a well earned meal. Very little time to properly dine, so finding a small local venue was the next best thing.

She took two steps inside, and was already being greeted. There was no mistaking the source of it, as her eyes fell upon Mercy’s back. Sinara refrained from whistling, taking in the sheer mass of muscle on display. Holograms were often deceptive when compared to reality, but boy did this prove that fact tenfold.

That I am,” Sinara spoke plainly, if not polite.

Walking up to where Mercy was seated, the smaller woman taking a spot. “I shall count myself lucky then, you look as though you might run this bar out of their noodles.

The half-Eldorai ordered herself a bowl, and simply watched as Mercy continued to eat. She understood the need to consume so much for someone so built, but it didn’t make it any less impressive.

I must say, the hologram doesn't do you justice.

Sinara Thorne Sinara Thorne

Once Sinara sat down she realized how Mercy spotted her.

There was a toaster sitting on the table. It mirrored the entry to the noodle bar plenty. Most assassins tried to find an angle from which they could see every entrance and entryway. Mercy had to get a bit creative once she realized that wasn't an option here. Kinda annoying, but it seemed the huge mountain had at least some creativity in her.

"Oh, I try, I try, but they keep it comin' an' dun' hate mah creds... so I think it works out for everyone." Mercy drawled with a lazy smirk cast into Thorne's direction.

There the smirk turned several inches deeper. Woof, Sin was a looker, wasn't she? And something told Mercy that the lady knew that plenty herself.

"That a fact?"

Not just gorgeous, but also knew exactly how to appreciate Mercy. Yeah. Okay. She already liked Sinara. This didn't take a lot of work. Just stroke the ego properly and give all your attention to Mercy. Not a big deal, is it? "So, what's the job, miss Sin?" Using that abbreviation with clear amusement. "Someone needing killed o' are we jus' enforcing..."

Casual.

This was clearly not Mercy's first time... and it wouldn't be her last either.

Sinara smiled when she noticed the toaster, immediately noting it’s angle in relation to the shop’s entrance. An assassin’s eye for keeping oneself aware of their surroundings. It both surprised and didn’t at the same time.

Oh, she had her preconceived notions about Mercy, of a brute that just punched her way through things. But deeper research revealed to her someone who had a degree of lethality and creativity in the way she worked. Even when it came to something as simple as arena fighting.

All in all, they were qualities Sinara could appreciate and utilise.

"That a fact?"​

The half-Eldorai bit down on her tongue, halting whatever comments that were immediately wanting to leave her lips. Now was not the time for that, hell they hadn’t even started working together yet.

But Sinara’s thoughts were disrupted when her bowl of noodles was placed before her. Giving her thanks, the smaller woman grabbed her chopsticks and immediately started digging in. With one graceful move, she spun a positive yarn of noodles before consuming them in a single mouthful.

She let out an amused snort at the abbreviation Mercy used.

Dealing with a local gang; modders, they call themselves ‘Metalheads’. Cybernetics up the wazoo, from the subtle to the obnoxious. You get the idea.” Sinara paused to consume another mouthful of noodles. “We’ll be starting off with some column B, but I’m fully expecting it to devolve into A before long.

Mercy ate silently (in the sense of not speaking words, but she certainly was slurping the noodles up as if it was a local sport) and listened to Thorne's short explanation.

What was it with gangs being rude to people that had the ambition to end them?

"Sure, sounds like something up mah alley." Mercy responded finally with a nod. "Not the first time I had to teach a gang a lesson or two." Cybernetics... well... she destroyed a local gang back on Denon. Took over their workshop, where they were extracting cyber-mods to sell from people they abducted, but it wasn't entirely the same.

They hadn't been too cybernetic'ed themselves.

Maybe as to not present a too big a target to their fellow 'bangers.

Once Thorne pointed out it would be both columns? Mercy smiled. "That's good. I don't usually leave anyone alive in these sort of jobs. Would be loathe to start thinking about sparing folks when I get going."

She polished off another bowl and then? Ordered both of them some rice wine.

"To sign off the job in a good way, hope ya dun' mind..." Drawled with a big smirk as she waited for their drinks to arrive.

And that’s one particular reason why I’ve hired you, I don’t intend on letting anyone leave.” Sinara slurped up the last of her noodles, letting out a content sigh. She glanced over to see what, two-three more empty bowls on Mercy’s side? The fact the woman had consumed that much within the span it took Sinara to go through one…well it was testament to Mercy’s appetite.

Sinara grinned at the woman’s suggestion. “Oh not at all, I’d even suggest a whole bottle. But that’s probably best for after.” Though Sinara was certain Mercy could probably hold her drink, she was sure they were both mutually eager to get things underway.

A brief wait and two separate glasses of rice wine were placed before them. Sinara took her glass and raised it in the air towards Mercy.

To the job.” A clink of glass, and the contents of it were downed in one. To Sinara, it tasted like old fond memories. “Right, let’s get moving. I’ve got our ride sorted already.

Sinara slid out from her seat, leading the way out of the noodle bar and into the neon nightlights of Nar Shaddaa. The half-Eldorai rolled up her jacket sleeve and began inputting something on her bracer.

Okay, this way.” Sinara took the lead as they walked a little bit until they were on a platform that plunged down into the lower levels of the city. Hovering just over the edge was what looked to be a regular ol’ taxi, commonly seen around Nar Shaddaa. Although, a keen eye would probably note that it was too clean and fresh. Either Sinara had picked it up right out of the factory, or something else was up with the vehicle.

Hop in back, we’ve got a little ride to our destination.” Sinara hopped into the driver’s seat, and began to start it up. “Our targets are located in a defunct factory, down in the Lower Industrial District.

A rapturous laugh at the suggestion of the whole bottle.

"Ah, miss Sin, yar a creature t'mah own heart. I will gladly share a whole one after the job be done." A grin there. "In fact, as long as ya be the one paying for the drinks, we can do as many bottles as ya want." Drawled lazily and just on the edge of flirty. For now it was merely an automated reflex. Thorne was pretty, easy to talk to and relatively loaded.

Three characteristics that went in her favor.

She polished off her own glass and agreed cheerfully, To da job an' agreeable mutual souls.

Mercy followed along without much trouble or concern. Just a casual stride through the Nar Shaddaa nightlife. Nothing to worry about. It wasn't like they were en-route to massacre a whole gang, right?

Exactly.

"Nice ride, lady." She sniffed. "Brand new leather too. Yar really goin' places, arentcha." Drawled as she jumped into the backseat and lounged there with characteristic casualness. To Mercy it didn't really matter where the targets were located. Sure, that was important when she needed to go there herself, but in this case Sinara was handling the transport already.

"Mhmum. Factory... got it. -dustrial district, got it, ya." Absently as she peered around during the drive. "Ya any good in a fight, Sin? Or am I gon' be entering the place on mah own."

Didn't sound like it mattered to her all that much.

As the vehicle thrummed to life, Sinara laughed at Mercy’s comment. “Oh, of course. I’ve got to have the very best.” She spoke in a pompous posh accent, immediately followed up by another laugh.

Fact was, her words were actually true. Sinara did want to have the very best, be it vehicles, technology, art, etcetera.

But she wasn’t above mocking herself and that whole attitude.

Mercy’s last comment got a look from the half-Eldorai. She turned her head, just enough that the woman could see a single red eye, looking at her with a particular glint in it. One that was very familiar to those that sought a thrill from fighting.

Oh, I’ll be right there fighting with you. I ain’t missing this for a second.

Where the line drew between watching Mercy fight, and whatever vendetta Sinara had towards the gang was left ambiguous.

It didn’t take too much of a ride to reach their destination. Sinara had already marked out the route, making quick work in getting there. They landed on the upper level, one that overlooked the factory below.

We’ll use the open turbolift over there to get down to the right level. There’s a large open area between that and the factory itself. I expect a majority of the gang are inside, but there’s likely some stragglers outside.

"Really now?" Mercy was mildly surprised at the fact Thorne would want to fight alongside her. It wasn't often her employers tried that. This could either be great fun or... a total disaster. Both of which sounded hilarious to Mercy, so she didn't complain. In the best situation Sinara would turn out to be a stone cold killer that could keep up with her.

The worst case? She'd get herself killed and Mercy could grab her shiny arse car for herself.

Win-win-win.

Except for Thorne in the last possibility, but that wasn't Mercy's problem.

"They must really 'ave pissed ya off, darlin'." Drawled as she pulled out a cig and lit it up. Belatedly she offered one to Thorne as well and would light it up, if she so desired. "An' how good are ya in a fight? I assume yar not a stranger to 'em anyway." She followed Sinara's gaze towards their target. The open area in front was a liability.

If they had even a single sniper in the facility? They'd be minced meat. Mercy recently discovered the beauty of snipers. She still sucked arse at 'em, but appreciation was there.

"Might be better to circle around." Muttered as they walked towards the turbo-lift and Mercy punched the right floor button. "That open area is a gorram kill box, dig? If we go in from the back, go in hard, their folks will need to traverse da whole facility. Gives us da time to dig in and pick 'em off as they come."

That would be her plan anyway, but this was of course Thorne's paying op so.

"Up to ya, 'course, Sinny." Smirk.

Sinara took the offered cigarette, pausing for a moment to let Mercy light it. Although, she did not follow the taller woman as she walked towards the turbolift. Kept within earshot yes, but the half-Eldorai had instead gone around to the back of her car. She unlocked the boot, and with a swipe of her hand; and the Force, slid open the hidden compartment beneath. Weapons and equipment were collected from it, Sinara making quick work in equipping them.

Looping a belt around her waist, the woman slipped a holstered blaster pistol to her hip. Followed up by a few different grenades; both lethal and not, alongside numerous gadgets. A pair of kodachi blades were next, secured around the back of her belt. The final piece was a rifle, of which she slung the strap over her left shoulder.

Sinara paused for a moment, glancing over at Mercy as she continued to listen to the woman’s words. A sly grin appeared, as she reached deep into her car’s seemingly bottomless storage.

By the time the turbolift was starting to go down, Sinara returned to Mercy’s side, now moderately armed to the teeth.

Here, catch.” The half-Eldorai threw a large bowcaster in Mercy’s direction. A weapon much more suited for a Wookiee, and yet the smaller woman seemed to have little issue throwing it. Albeit it was with both hands. “Just in case you need to pack a punch from afar.” Sinara chuckled, plucking her cig out for a moment to exhale.

We might not need to circle around back, as there’s very little backing to begin with. Maybe a platform or two, but it’s mostly the dark abyss below.” Sinara punched something into her bracer, and a hologram of the facility’s schematic popped up. “There was a flaw with the original construction. Built too close to the edge of the main platform, failing to consider the need for expansion. It’s why it was eventually abandoned, no business wanted to locate themselves here.

Ultimately, it still meant they could push the gang into a tight spot, corner them like rats. Although, Sinara did have a small concern towards the gang’s familiarity with the facility. Much as she had the schematic to look through, it didn’t account for the more hidden nooks and crannies that existed within.

So they either jump into the abyss to escape, or they well, throw themselves at the mercy of…” She didn’t finish speaking, the joke didn’t need it. Sinara just grinned with amusement.

Last edited:

The downside to never looking back to see if someone was following and just assuming they were.

You were stuck waiting on them by the time you realized they weren't.

Mercy sighed, leaning against the elevator's doorpost and waited, trying her best not to seem to impatient. This became remarkably easier once Sinara revealed what was taking so long. Guns. And a lot of them. Behind the shades Mercy's eyes began to gleam. She then positively licked her lips when offered the bowcaster.

No hesitation in accepting it and even growling a little oh, yeah, baby this is gonna do jussss' fiiiine.

"Sure, ma'am, ya the boss an' sounds like ya know ya chit." She listened carefully and then looked over to the platform in question. "So... ya wanna... jump over there orrrr what?"

Wasn't an issue to her, of course.

But not everyone had her healing factor. One wrong job and Sinara would be a pancake. She looked over the edge. Yes, she could confirm it, total pancake city there. "I dun' mind, 'course, but didn't figure ya to be that adventurous, lady." Drawled over her shoulder as the lift came to a stop around them.

The doors slid open.

"Well, after ya, ma'am. Show me whatcha got, eh?"

If she missed the jump, Mercy could just take the lift back up again without putting in the effort. Always gotta be a smart worker.

The half-Eldorai had to refrain from grinning too much at Mercy’s reaction to the bowcaster. Even with her eyes hidden, the excitement was plain to see in the redhead. Again, another thing Sinara could appreciate, someone who knew their chit about guns.

With the turbolift stopped, Sinara walked over to the ledge and looked down. She judged the distance, the jump and how many people were on the platform below.

Four…no five. Two closest are smoking by the looks of it, the other two are on guard. Last one is walking towards them down the walkway.

A plan was set, and Sinara knew exactly what she needed to do.

Well Mercy…” she began, taking one last drag of her cig and walking to the opposite side from the ledge. “That’s because you haven’t got to know me well enough yet.” Sinara threw the redhead a wink, before promptly sprinting back and jumping.

The brief time in the air reminded Sinara how much she had missed this. The rush of adrenaline, the wind in her face as she plummeted towards the platform.

She had missed this excitement.

As she drew closer to her destination, Sinara focused and called upon the Force. It had been a good while since she last had to do something like this, but one never forgets their training, especially so as an assassin.

This just wasn’t going to be particularly stealthy.

A loud boom filled the air the moment Sinara’s body hit the platform. The gravitational force that would’ve crushed her bones, was sifted through the Force and into a shockwave. The first two guards; now behind her, were sent flying off the platform. Third and fourth were knocked back, but were able to catch themselves. Unfortunately, as they turned towards Sinara they were greeted by a dagger between their eyes.

The fifth had frozen in place, staring like a deer caught in the headlights. Cybernetic eyes widening in shock and realisation, before the young man tried to run back to the entrance. Sinara grabbed her rifle, effortlessly slipping it off her shoulders and falling into a crouched position.

A shot to the right leg, then the left sent the modder to the floor. And as he tried to pick himself back up, Sinara fired a third shot that struck the back of his head.

Oh yeah, she had definitely missed this.

As the last man dropped a big boom sounded behind Sinara.

It was Mercy who dropped onto the platform from above. Far less graceful than Sinara, but nobody hired her for her grace and litheness. At least Mercy hoped not. She didn't want to be accused of false advertisement. "That's impressive, Sinny." Mercy drawled while fixing the shades back up her nose and righting the bowcaster.

"Makes me wonder why ya need me to begin with."

In one smooth move Mercy shifted up the bowcaster. Aimed straight at Sinara. Mercy grinned? And then squeezed the trigger. The bowcaster went WHOOMP.

As it hit a thug looking out a viewport with a sniper.

"-ah, so das why, I gotta be lookin' after yar arse." Mercy drawled with that grin, before pushing past her and walked relaxed towards the structure. It would be a damn mess inside. They had waged nothing less than a small war right outside their doors. If Mercy could make any bets, she would wager they were already loading up the turrets.

If they had any.

Mercy glanced over her shoulder as they reached the large durasteel doors.

"Might wan' take a step back, doll." Once enough space was made? She took a few steps back, before kicking the door. Her boot slammed into it with the Force drawn behind it.

A huge dent appeared.

"Hm. Lemme try that again." She slammed her foot in a second time. Then a third time. It must be quite cinematic from the other side as more dents appeared.

Sinara didn’t even flinch when Mercy finally landed on the platform. The adrenaline was still rushing through her body, humming beneath the surface to be drawn further upon. She turned her to smirk at Mercy, lips parting to speak but pausing when the redhead levelled the bowcaster in her direction.

A breath passed and a streak of plasma energy zipped past her and struck a sniper tucked away inside the factory.

Indeed, it was the reason why Sinara had hired Mercy. For as skilled as the half-Eldorai was, she wasn’t foolish to not have someone watch her back. Not to mention the potential numbers game that would be against her if she had gone solo.

Quite, although don’t get too distracted behind me.

Sinara grinned, striding up to Mercy’s side as they approached the factory's durasteel doors. She hmm’d in thought, pondering the best way to gain access. Part of her wanted to dispatch one of her little ‘pets’ to unlock the door. But given their entrance, stealth wasn’t really appropriate now.

Mercy seemed to have similar thoughts, as she ushered her to move away. Sinara raised an eyebrow, watching as the redhead proceeded to kick down the large doors, quite literally.

The half-Eldorai closed her eyes for a moment, reaching out with her Force Sense. Passed the durasteel and into the factory’s atrium. The adrenaline within her kept Sinara from focusing completely accurately, but she could discern a couple general masses. A group on the ground floor, and another up on the level that overlooked it.

Anticipation. Fear.

It was positively delicious.

Each one of Mercy’s boots increased the emotions a bit more. Until finally, after one last kick the durasteel doors were sent flying. A turret that had been set up in the middle immediately released a volley. However, it struck the metal door, and the sheer velocity of Mercy’s kick meant it kept its trajectory. The turret was knocked upwards, its continued fire redirected towards the ceiling.

Sinara followed in after Mercy, keeping behind the towering redhead. It wasn’t until they were a bit further in, that the half-Eldorai acted. Swift, silent and as light as a feather, Sinara leaped up onto Mercy’s right shoulder then jumped up towards the atrium’s upper level.

Mercy snorted.

While she was certainly a hedonist that didn't mean... she... would...

Embers blinked behind the mirrored shades as Mercy shook her head. Okay, so maybe a little bit distracted after all. "Lady, yar gon' be the end o' me." Then a smirk as she followed along. "I'd hope so anyway." That flirt drawled lazily and put away. Because the door in front of them was more important and took all her attention.

The next few moments were a whirl of passion poured into each kick.

Until door snapped off and flew into the turret. Until Sinara used her as a catapult to launch herself upstairs. That... took her by surprise. "Oh, sure, make me walk the stairs by mah self..."

Bemused though rather than annoyed as Mercy pulled her cleaver free. It immediately began to seep its corruption into the atmosphere. Darkened emotionally speaking as it drew the attention of those around them. One of the thugs already became suicidal. They were about to meet Sinara as the latter attacked... and then the butcher's cleaver took their attention.

They leaped off the second floor straight at Mercy.

Oh yeah.

Exactly as crazy as you can imagine.

The half-Eldorai hadn’t paused the moment she landed, her hand reaching back for one of her blades. But as she moved in to attack the nearest enemy, something happened.

She felt it like a wave, storming up from below and washing over onto the balcony. The darkened emotions settled over her shoulders like a comforting blanket. The whispers beckoned, but found no purchase in Sinara’s mind.

The woman stood bemused, watching as her target’s lone organic eye glazed over. And then promptly threw himself off the edge and down to Mercy’s mercy.

Huh…well that’s fascinating.

Although Sinara couldn’t linger on curiosity for long, as one of the modders took a swing at her from behind. It seemed whatever Mercy had unleashed, hadn’t taken full effect on everyone. The half-Eldorai dodged to the side, the Duros’ metal club slammed into the railing instead.

Sinara drew her blades out, ready to strike only to find her target had seemingly paused. The woman sighed, watching as the Duros’ mind turned hazy.

Oh for feth sake…” She opted to speed up the modder's choice, grabbing the back of his coat and throwing him over the railing. “Another heading your way Mercy.

• Love
Reactions: Kal

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom