Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Memories of another life

I sat on my bed on Courscant with my head in my hands. Literally taking headache meds just a second ago. It was dark out. Well, as dark as the planet that never sleeps can get. The lights of speeders zoomed by my apartment window, but they were dulled as heavy curtains were lowered over the windows. I held in my hands a cigarette pack that had been in the jacket of Morna Imura. The man who had died in my arms. I still could almost feel the hot blood as it was pouring over myself as I carried his body home. Set him in the tub with ice water to preserve the body for the coroner. I asked for him to be stored there in a Cryochamber to prevent age and decomp. As I sat up in bed, In walked a girl with pink hair and wearing one of my plad shirts alone. Coming in, Ana moved over and knelt before me. Grabbing my hands and shaking her head. "Still having problems with the dreams?"

Since she had come back, She had been helping me escape from the cops, as well as help me cope with the dreams of another life in my head. A girl with olive/white colored skin that could control fire much like myself. I could see myself... kiss her. Even bed the woman in the quarters of a ship I did not own. I bowed my head for my forehead to rest on Ana's and I huffed. "I'm fine. I can deal with it." She smiled and shook her head moving up to the bed to sit next to me, as well as hugging me. "last time you said that...." Cutting her of before she could finish, "I know what happened Anaya. But I need to find out what this is."
"Then we will leave in the mor-"
"Alone...."

She looked at me and understood. Well for the most part. She knew that I had seen a woman, but as the both of us have been friends since we were kids, she had told me she didn't want to know all the thoughts that were in my head. Some were morbid, too morbid for her as well as sexual that she did not want to hear about. Both of us standing up at the same time, She then kissed me upon the lips in a peck, "Be safe Phoenix." She then started to walk away and turned around as she held a ring in her hand, One that I had given to her to show that I would return to her because that was my favorite ring.

As she exited, I looked down at my hand as I had on the black wedding ring that Morna had. Wearing it on my left index finger, I felt almost attached to it as I walked to my closet and gathered my gear. Getting ready for the travel to wherever my dreams led me.

[member="Lexa Imura"],

This job was supposed to be boring. Monotonous. Redundant. Under-paying. But the credits were needed, so Lexa would do it. Tracking the thugs was more than simple. They didn't do much to cover their tracks. The building was old and in a lightly populated area, not to mention obvious to the naked eye. The battle should've been simple. However...

Lexa jumped to the side, careful to avoid the projectile being launched at her head. It blew out the window behind her. Four men came out from behind the one with the rocket gun. Two began firing at her with Heavy blaster rifles, and two came at her with vibroswords. Whipping out her lightsaber, Lexa sprinted at them. She deflected the blasterfire and focused on the men coming at her. The first one's stance was horribly off. To this, she merely cut lightly across his right calf and sent him screaming to the floor. The second one couldn't hit a wall if it smacked him in the face. She knocked his sword away and sent him flying into the wall. The rocket launcher shot again. Using the Force, Lexa stopped the rocket in mid-air, turned it, and sent it right back at the last three men. With the thugs out of the way, she collected the.... Cat? Lexa cocked a brow. All of this work was for a CAT? Why would someone send a mercenary to retrieve a cat? Better yet, why would someone even kidnap a cat??

Sighing, she picked up the tiny creature and made her way outside. What an utter waste of time...

[member="Asher Kellan"]

Changing from wearing almost nothing, to wearing jeans, a pair of shin high boots, a T-shirt with a plad shirt, over top, and a sweat shirt that was being covered by a denim vest. I grabbed the red beanie and slid it over by black hair. Even as I got dressed, I grabbed the asortment of pocket knives and a dagger that were placed somewhere throughout my body. be it in my pocket, clipped onto my belt or even in my boot that was slightly open. Grabbing the chain on my dresser, I wrapped it around my left wrist as though it was a large chain bracelet. As well as grabbing the two weapons I had taken from Morna as he had died. His orange lightsaber, and his black bladed sword that could absorb lightning.

Having them be used as my own weapons, I could almost feel an attachment to them as they had already saved my life once before. Well Only the sword as I could not even turn on the lightsaber out of my own ignorance. Grabbing the pack of cigarettes once more, I took one out, and lit it. Taking a draw of the type of cigarettes that the man carried with him. Smooth as the warmth went down into my lungs and chest, I exhaled with a sigh as I started to leave my apartment when I heard a large blast coming from the side of my room. Rushing to the window, I watched as someone below me carried a lightsaber and moved around blaster fire, men with swords, and even a form of a rocket launcher. I didn't wait a second as the woman had gotten inside by the time I crawled out my window. Moving across the opening, I dropped down. slamming hard into the ground but feeling not that much pain. Didn't even break one of my bones as I stood up to follow her.

It was then that as the woman was walking out I had intercepted her, Drawing my sword, well Morna's sword, I stood there wanting to know what the hell she was doing with a cat in her arms.

[member="Lexa Imura"],

The cloak hid Lexa's face well. Only her chin and her lips could be seen. This stranger was brandishing a sword in her face without so much as asking what she was doing. She stared at him expressionlessly. "Might I pass?" She asked flatly.

[member="Asher Kellan"]

looking to the woman who had her face hidden. However when she spoke, I could almost remember who it might have been. It was almost pleasantly familiar. Holding my sword out pointing at her, I tilted my head, Taking some steps closer, "At this moment? No." Answering her as I walked closer, "You can see my face, let me see yours woman." I had let my sword drop and pointed my finger at her hood, "You sound like someone I know."

[member="Lexa Imura"],

In her mind, Lexa was officially annoyed. Her face didn't change, however. "I don't know you." She said. As she looked the man over, she noticed how scruffy he appeared. It was obvious that he had little in the way of credits. Her eyes rested on the sword he was holding. It was... Familiar to her. As the realization began to set in, Lexa was perplexed. How? How was his sword in this man's possession? "That sword. Where did you get it?" She asked softly.
[member="Asher Kellan"]

She started to say that she didn't know me. I looked at her and shook my head as clearly I was not a person to hold a sword crafted by a Master of the force. It was an beautiful piece of work that I cherished as much as the lightsaber that I could not even use. Looking at her as she started to come almost closer, she then asked about the sword that I held. Asking where I got it. I let my hand drop and I held the sword pointed at her. "A man I considered a friend. He died and I took his sword to promise vengeance in his name, but I doubt that you would care."

I was angry as she questioned the sword that I was holding. Wondering where I got it. "Now remove the hood or I will do so for you."

[member="Lexa Imura"],

With this sudden intake of knowledge, Lexa snapped. In one quick motion, she knocked the sword from his grasp. Taking it into her left hand, she slammed the man into the wall of the building behind her. She pinned him there with the sword running the length of her arm, the blade poised just below his chin. The cat still in her other hand meowed slightly. "Tell me everything you know or I'll cut you into chunks," She hissed.
[member="Asher Kellan"]

The woman was fast, I can admit that. But I only smiled and laughed devilishly as she said she would cut me into chunks. Shaking my head. I made very fast movements with my hands and head. A she was so close to me, I reached out and grabbed the grip where her hand was and with the aid of Telekinesis, shoved the sword towards my head, only I move just in time for the sword to slide half way into the wall as I sent a fiery punch to her gut, while my hand that was still on her own ignited into flames to try and burn her hand off from where it was on the sword. "I want to know who you are. You may have the sword, but I want your face and name before I tell you who I got it from."

[member="Lexa Imura"],

A smirk curved onto Lexa's face. She stood there for a few seconds, allowing him to see that her hand wasn't even turning red. She brought her knee up hard, burying it deep into his stomach. She twisted her hand out of his grasp. As the sword clattered to the ground, she brought her hand palm-up onto his chest, sending a massive surge of Force Energy into him that could launch a speeder 20 feet. She placed the cat in an empty crate nearby so she could use both of her hands. Then, Lexa threw her robe to the ground. Before the fabric had landed, she shifted into her Fire Form. "Tell me what happened to him," Her altered voice boomed.
[member="Asher Kellan"]

It was when she smiled I came to realization. She was not being harmed. As her knee came up, I pushed my off hand down and used a push to keep it form hitting my stomach, but as she took her hand off, she also took mine off. The sword fell to the ground when I was pushed back by the force. In an instant, i was thrown back. bending over myself, I flipped backwards and used inertia to force myself back to the ground and sliding the last few feet with my hand on the ground and one in the air to balance myself. Looking up, I saw that she had dropped the cloak wand was now in some form that I like to call "Phoenx" Smiling, I stood up to do the same when I stopped. A memory flashed in my head of her standing there, but the background changed to be of on a lava flow behind her. She was instead of in a form of attack, covering herself as though she was naked.

I stopped myself and walked forward, "Wait.... L..Lexa?" Speaking the name of the woman who had been in my dreams. In my thoughts and blocking out almost every other picture I could think of. My vision returned to normal. "Lexa I have been looking for you." All of a sudden it was not my voice that was speaking but someone else's. it sounded deeper. Like they had been smoking for years now. The voice was not rude or informative, but.... caring? Loving? I recognized Morna's voice coming out of me. "You have no idea how much I have been wanting to see you for real." I didn't know what to do I wanted to run, hide and try to get rid of the voice even stand in front of her. All even the emotion of love filled my heart. I couldn't move, couldn't do anything.

[member="Lexa Imura"],

Lexa's breath became shallow. Her form dissolved, and she returned to normal. Her entire being began to shake. Her eyes were cold and hollow, but they widened when the man spoke in a different voice. A voice she only ever heard in her dreams anymore. And, in her nightmares. She backed away from the man until her spine touched the building behind her. "Who the Hell are you?" She said, her voice cracking.
[member="Asher Kellan"]

The woman was scared. I shook my head and tried to clear my voice. Only I spoke once more in the voice of the man who died in my arms. "My name is Asher Kellan, and I have the collective thoughts of your love, Morna Imura. While he died in my arms after a Fight with a Sith Lord, I attracted his thoughts into my own and as Morna was a Very powerful force user, his essence is overpowering my own." I doubled over in pain in my chest that shot up and I yelled out in my own voice. Grabbing my chest with both hands, as I was not the one who spoke the words, but some other form of thoughts being pushed out by Morna. "I..... I'm sorry for..... your loss." I tried to get up but fell over in more pain as Morna's voice broke out "Lexa, I... I love..." it cut off as his thoughts ended and left me without pain. As soon as it started, it ended.

I rolled over to my back and tried to breath. slowly I could feel air come to my lungs. and I felt warm on my chest. looking down, I saw myself bleeding. In the same place that Morna was stabbed with a Spear of Midnight black. How I knew that power, I had no clue, but I knew that it punched a hole in his chest, and now I was bleeding form there.

[member="Lexa Imura"],

Lexa's face stayed frozen in a look of shock. Two tears escaped her eyes and slowly trailed down her face. Her knees buckled, and she slid down until she was sitting on the ground. She couldn't speak, think, or even breathe. For three years she had looked for him, never finding so much as a trace. For three years, she held fast to the hope that she'd see him again. Three years of Hell. She thought she'd finally accepted that he was dead. But now, the wound felt fresh as if she'd just figured it out. It was a hollow, lifeless, throbbing pain that covered her entire body. And yet, it was also a cold and numb feeling. She wanted to scream until her lungs exploded. She wanted to curl up into a ball and just die right then and there. She wanted to do something, ANYTHING. Just see his face again. Just touch him. Just feel the warmth of his fire. But instead, Lexa did nothing at all.
[member="Asher Kellan"]

I looked from the wound and opened my shirt. Showing no marks on my skin. I was confused when I looked back at the shirt to show that there was no blood. I was just looking at what was a vision of what Morna had felt. Rolling to my stomach, I looked to Lexa and saw that she was crying as she was balled up against the wall. Standing up, I walked towards her. Stopping for a second to see that she wouldn't lash out at me, when I leaned down and went to sit next to her. For a second I just sat there. not doing anything. Gradually I moved my arm to be around her. My other arm came around her and once more speaking in Morna's voice, "Don't cry Lexa. I will always be here for you." I closed my eyes, and started to tear up myself.

[member="Lexa Imura"],

More tears gently fell down Lexa's face. She made no sound, and her face appeared dazed and blank. She didn't feel Asher sit next to her, or put his arm around her. She hears Morna's voice, but her mind couldn't make out the words. For the longest time, she just sat there, frozen like a statue. The only indication that she was alive was the warmth from her body, the tears slowly drifting from her eyes, and her shallow and uneven breathing. Finally, her senses began to return to her. She began to laugh. As the tears kept coming, she kept laughing. She shoved herself away from Asher and stood up. She covered her eyes with one hand as the laughter continued. It wasn't a happy sound. Moreover, it sounded like someone laughing while in horrible pain.
[member="Asher Kellan"]

((OOC: I almost typed Morna's name as a tag. Jeez, I'm even depressing myself when I type for Lexa now...))

Laughing to get rid of the pain that had come to her. Lexa pushed me away. I stayed sitting there as I watched her. Laughing, trying to relieve herself from the pain that had come to her. She had been searching for three years now. I only wondered what Morna was doing at that time. The memories of the man were mostly of what he thought about the most. Showing me that he didn't care for battle, or for glory. As I had these thoughts, Morna's voice broke from me, answering my suspicions. "I am just a simple man." Morna wanted to be a normal person living a life with his love, and... and.... something else. I couldn't place my mind on it. and it scared me.

Standing up, I reached out for Lexa's hands and pulled them away from her face. speaking in my own voice finally. "Lexa, I.... I am sorry I couldn't save him." If I could, I would let go of all the powers I had, lose it all just so this one woman could be happy. Even it that meant I was still a bartender, I would give it all up for this woman. Even when this was the first time we met, I could remember when Morna and Lexa first met. When they first kissed. Their wedding day. I could remember almost all of it. And almost every image of Morna's life, I could see, was of moments with Lexa. The only ones where she was not in the picture was when he was with his bird, or the few images of his childhood living on coruscant doing the same job I did.

"Lexa, I promised that I would fight for him. Even if he is gone, whatever belongs or he holds dear, I will fight for." I pulled lexa's face up to look at me even if she was laughing, "Lexa, I will fight for you and for Morna."

[member="Lexa Imura"],

Her laughing sharply ended. Her face turned to agony and rage. "Get your FETHING HANDS OFF ME!" She screamed, throwing him backward with the Force once again. The air became heavier. Objects around them began levitating and shaking. Lexa's eyes burned white as she seethed with pure anger. The Dark Side could be felt in her now. "Did you really think I'd just FORGIVE YOU?? THAT I'D JUST FORGET THREE YEARS OF HELL??!!" Her arms were ignited in white fire. "You can stay in that guy's head as much as you want, but YOU'RE STILL DEAD Morna!! SO WHY DON'T YOU JUST STAY THAT WAY!!!!" Her voice echoed, making it seem as if she were everywhere.
[member="Asher Kellan"]

Backing up as lexa became irate, Morna's thoughts tried to enter my head to speak, and I could almost feel sorry for Lexa, but I had to do this on my own. The thoughts had to stay down for now, because I needed to deal with her. Morna's thoughts showing up again would only make it worse. Even as she yelled at me, I waited before I made my move. As she was angry, I reached out to her with both hands slowly, open and walking towards her, "I know that I, nor Morna can repay you for what you feel. but at least let me try." In a burst of speed, I slammed into lexa wrapping my arms around her rather tightly to keep her from running, as well I clenched my eyes and buried my head away from her own face so she could not bash my face in.

Yelling over her, "I WANT TO REPAY YOU! EVEN IF IT MEANS THE DEATH OF ME!"

[member="Lexa Imura"],

Lexa was trembling with uncontrollable emotions. It was clear that she was becoming unstable. "STAY AWAY FROM ME!!" She screamed back. The air around Asher's neck would begin to feel very tight, as if an invisible pair of hands were strangling him. The scariest part of this was not that the Dark Side pulsated through her, but that she had never even been taught how to Grip. This was coming from Lexa's very own thoughts.
[member="Asher Kellan"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom