Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Meme Magic

(El phone post)

All things considered was a particularly stupid venture. He'd come to Coruscant in the wake of his meeting with his father to blow off some steam. What that exactly entailed he truly had no idea, but he'd never been to the core before and he certainly did not want to remain anywhere near Ession for the time being. The old man didn't want him around anyway - why not take a week or two to himself?

Guardsmen and ships were left behind. He'd made his way to Coruscant on a public shuttle, clad in the purple robes and light armor of the priesthood. The trip was relatively uneventful aside from a few strange conversations with local travelers all concerned with terribly mundane things that did little to ease Lothaire's boredom.

When he arrived on Coruscant, he found himself unsure of what exactly he should be doing. The planet was strikingly similar to Ession in its cityscape, though Ession retained some wild regions whereas Coruscant was a thing of pure mortal artifice. The similarities made navigation easy enough, and curiosity quickly brought him toward the government sector of the capital city. Curiosity gave way to devious boredom as he found himself shirking the tour of the senate building he'd been offered, ducking off under the pretense of finding a bathroom. He's then attempted to climb through the bathroom vent, quickly found that he's as far too large of it, and ended up crashing down hard enough to break the back section off the toilet he'd been standing on.

The prince quickly vacated that restroom, narrowly avoiding concerned staff as he meandered the many corridors of the capital. He would dodge and weave, or walk quickly and with as much confidence he could muster through groups that he could not avoid. He'd nearly made it to the senate floor before the two security guards had grabbed him by the shoulders.

For a moment he'd considered fighting, though he quickly decided doing so would be the stupid cherry on top of the idiot cake he'd baked for himself. Despite his pride, Lothaire complied with whatever they asked. When they inquired as to what he was doing, he answered simply that he was exploring his castle. When they asked what he meant by that, he claimed he was prince of the entire planet and he could go where he chose.

That was about the time they threw him in a cell and prepared to send him off for a mental evaluation. It was only when he gave his name, Lothaire Grayson, that they escalated the situation to higher levels.

Word was sent up the hierarchy of the captured royal and there was general confusion about what was to be done. No one was particularly keen over starting a diplomatic over the strange man, and eventually the matter traveled its way up to the highest office.

For Lothaire's part, he contented himself with whistling away the time and occasionally throwing bits of fuzz from his cloak into the ray shield to watch them sizzle. Far more entertaining than he'd ever admit.

Auteme Auteme

if they're watching anyways
div-green.png

Lothaire Lothaire

The ray shield slid open, and Auteme peeked her head in.

"Lothaire?" Who else would it be?

"Hi, I'm Auteme. Would you care for a walk?" She smiled, and beckoned him out. "It gets stuffy in here, really. Come on, come on, I'll show you the gardens."

She left the door open and started to walk off. The hallway in the Senate's small short-term detention area was eerily quiet.

Auteme Auteme (el phone post)

As the seconds drew by and minutes quickly became hours, Lothaire began to wonder if this had been such a good idea. It had been meant to serve as a distraction from his private ruminations and had done so accordingly up until being stuck in the cell. Now, all he could do was sit and think.

The piece of fuzz sparked against the red surface of the shields, and with a sputtering of electricity and a brief wink of light they parted. Lothaire lofted a brow and stared confused through the now open cell, his mouth hanging agape slightly as he leaned in, only for a head to pop in to greet him.

"Ffu-" the prince jumped from his seat, his head crashing into the low ceiling with a loud thud. Lothaire winced in pain, lowering slowly to his seat once more as he actually got a good look at the woman that had come to see him.

She was pretty and recognizable, though Lothaire was having a bit of trouble putting a name to the face. At least until she gave it of her own volition.

"Hello Auteme," he grunted as he ran a hand over the dull bruise that was beginning to form at the crown of his shaved head. "My first impressions generally tend to be a bit more graceful than this," he added as he rose to his feet far more carefully than before.

A walk through the gardens was far from the interrogation he'd expected. He'd wound himself up sitting in that cell, preparing and perhaps even craving a confrontation. He wanted something to take his grievances out on that could push him back.

Then again, walking about with the chancellor sounded far more pleasant than getting a black eye and assault charges.

"Do I know you from somewhere?" He asked curiously, a glint of amusement in his eye as he fell in step alongside her.

Last edited:
"Oh, maybe. I work here," she said, a little amused. It always surprised her when people didn't know who she was -- not in a vain way, just the sort of surprise that came with the slight frustration of having a poorly politically-informed public. She wanted people to pay attention to her, to make sure she was held accountable for every decision she made. No other way was just.

Lothaire would figure it out.

"Sorry for startling you like that. Here, let me-" she reached up and gently placed a hand on his head. A dull glow grew from her palm, and the pain from the bruise faded quickly. "There you are.

"But, no, I don't believe we've met. I know you, though. I really hate to tell you like this, but it's best to go with the tours. The guides are quite knowledgeable, and generally help reduce smaller security incidents. Your father's name doesn't hold quite as much sway here these days. Though, perhaps just enough."

(Glorious phone post) Auteme Auteme

He would play the confused tourist for the time being, if only that he found it endlessly amusing and poking the chancellor a bit might relieve him of his boredom. He just offered her a vague smile. "Really? Here I'd thought you might've been an adoring fan come to free me from my shackles." The prince huffed, "Or a ghost given how well you startled me. Let's not mention that to anyone."

There were enough rumors floating around the disavowed Grayson, he didn't need any reports of oafishness or cowardice moving about with them.

"You-" he paused as she placed a hand atop his head. The prince's lips parted to speak but he couldn't rightly find the words, and he ended up standing there rather awkwardly as her hand began to glow and light wound quickly mended itself. The sensation was strange, like a strange tickle as new cells rapidly divided and his skull returned to its usual shiny luster.

"Uh," the prince grunted, "Thank you." He muttered,utterly confused by the whole affair. His knowledge of the Force beyond its religious significance was woefully ignorant and he'd never come across such magic before. He was left pondering such things as she continued to speak, Auteme having captured his full attention now.

"I do tend to enjoy a good guide, but I've often found you learn more if you guide yourself." His gaze drifted from Auteme to the quiet halls as they approached the garden. "Although you are right, I suppose the old man's name can only bring me so far," a slight sigh escaped his lips, "It's not exactly his castle anymore. I don't have rights to anything of his anyway so it wouldn't matter if it was."

The prince chewed on the inside of his cheek as his gaze returned to Auteme. "I suppose I was feeling a bit over-adventurous.”

“That glowing hand thing, are you a priestess?”

Last edited:
"Mm, no. I'm a Jedi. Kind of." She shrugged.

They got to the end of the hallway, and the blast doors slid open into the main lobby of the detention centre. Auteme gave a smile and wave to the guard manning the desk. A few others were scattered about, but seemingly very few; she'd asked them to stay away for a few minutes while she brought him out. It gave her enough time to consider the course of the conversation.

"Mm. But, speaking of your father -- is he well?" She knew he wasn't, but it seemed the best spot to pry things open.

If the priestesses could manage it, so could the Jedi he supposed.

That Lothaire held some private stereotypes was not to be denied, though he wasn't keen on making them apparent. Did he actually have any training? No. Had he spent any time studying their ways beyond the theology? No. Did he have it on good grounds that Ashlan training was
obviously superior because of their faith? Of course.

Thus his momentary surprise.

"I've been meeting a few of you lately," the guards didn't seem all that concerned with him. A few met his gaze, all of them varying from apathy to distaste in their expression. Lothaire just smiled at each of them, amusement emanating from him like a cologne. "Nice people. Not as many bathrobes as I was promised. Little disappointed."

Aaaand there was the question. The bastard-prince's mood seemed to drop instantaneously. His nose scrunched up in displeasure at the mention of his father, as if he'd picked a rose and found it to smell of Nerf excrement.

"Well enough," Lothaire grunted, "Still sitting on his throne, still playing dejarik with people's lives. He's getting old and comfortable. Securing his legacy." Lothaire reached for the pack of cigarillos he'd 'borrowed' from his teacher Starlin Rand Starlin Rand and muttered a curse under his breath as he recalled the guards taking his belongings. He didn't need it anyway; the smoke was hell on his lungs, and he'd not used it enough to form a habit yet.

Still, the nicotine helped when discussing the Ashlan patriarch. Made it a bit less irritating.

"We're not on very good terms right now. Wanted me stuffed away in the army, out of sight out of mind." Lothaire cracked a rueful grin, "Sucks to be him, I'm not the quiet type."

Auteme Auteme

Auteme laughed. "I mean, good for you. Who's he to tell you that you can't have a path of your own?

"Though, granted- it can be hard to get away from your parents. I- well, technically not, but I'm an orphan. Even then, I have these moments where I can feel pressure, expectations from my parents."
She studied him.

"I assume you've got ambitions of your own, then?"

"Funny," Lothaire quit fishing for his cigarras. He knew well they weren't there, but he'd held some vague hope that one might have slipped in the dark corners of his pack and gone unnoticed by the guards. Such hopes were in vain, unfortunately. "The other Jedi I spoke to said the same thing, more or less. Be free, follow your heart, and several other less inspiring words." He wasn't sure if Auteme Auteme knew of Starlin. A topic for later maybe.

"Good to know the eyes on your back don't go away after they pass," he mused, a hint of bitterness finding its way into their sarcasm. "Sorry about them though, your parents." He'd come here to find a distraction and indulging his curiosities about the Jedi Chancellor seemed decent enough. Better than complaining about his father for the umpteenth time that day.

"Hope they went in peace," he added as he gave another glance around the room. "Seems like they did a good job with you though. Ain't seen too many folks that can heal wounds with their hands. Probably pretty proud. I would be." There was the barest hint of warmth in his words, a tiny flicker of compassion that was quickly snuffed as she asked of his plans.

"Ambitions? Me?" He lofted a brow, "Well, as I have discussed with the leaders of the Crusade, should I fail in my endeavors to earn the old man's favor, I will be indulging my secret passion of pimpery. Ever since I was a boy, I have seen these men wandering about in their fancy purple fur coats and their top-hats. Everyone respects them and looks up to them as pillars of the community. What more could a child ever dream of?"

The corner of his mouth twitched into a light smirk. "Really though, I've no idea. Perhaps I'll run for the chancellery. Think I'd poll well?" He asked, gaze drifting toward the exit of the detention center.

Auteme covered her mouth for a moment. "Oh- no, sorry. I explained that poorly. My parents are fine, I was just separated from them for most-" she paused, briefly struck by the existential horror of age, before continuing- "they weren't part of my life. They were for a bit. Mostly aren't anymore. But they're fine."

She wondered about Lothaire's mother, but thought it best not to ask. His father was clearly a motivating factor, a key part of his life. That was enough for now.

She laughed at his jokes, and even a little at his question. "Ah, I'm not sure, but probably not well. Unfortunately the political systems of the Alliance are already pretty calcified. For me -- well, it was sort of a surprise to realize I was a political insider. But, since I had the chance at power, I thought I might as well use it. Become a pillar of a galactic community. Though, hardly as stylish as the ones you describe."

Auteme Auteme 's comments about her parents tugged at Lothaire's brain. "Well, you are a Jedi aren't you? Aren't they generally separated from their parents at birth for training purposes?" He wasn't wholly certain as to the practices of the New Jedi Order. The Grayson patriarch had done well to keep tabs on the order of the core, but such matters were mostly irrelevant for Lothaire. Or they had been until now, at the very least. "Some master find you when you were a toddler?" Auteme might have been more strategic about her questions, but Lothaire lacked any such inhibitions. He asked as his curiosity bid him.

The youth nodded in approval as she continued, "Made the right call. If power is offered, and you've the desire to see things changed for the better, you should take it." It was a simple dilemma for the bastard-prince. The dangers of power, absolute or otherwise, were not unknown to him of course, but a man, or a woman's purpose for that matter, was to strive and bring about growth. To deny the opportunity for greater growth was to entreat with stagnation, and the death of the spirit would surely follow thereafter.

Or so his father thought, and such that Lothaire had come to learn from him.

"You've a certain style about you. I like it more than the trappings of regality that pervade our kingdoms. Everything east of Ossus must be so...pretty, so glittering, so perfect." He affixed Auteme with a lackadaisical grin, "Growing up amidst all that, to me, modesty and humility have a certain irresistible charm."

His gaze drifted from hers, "Now, pillar of the galactic community, let's see this garden," a pause, "What's it like anyway? Being a pillar? Ceiling get too heavy sometimes?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom