Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Meeting with Master Syn.(Completed)

Tython
Outside on the Jedi Temple Stairs

Rianna's very first Council meeting had taken her into a room full of Jedi that she knew very little about. After some contemplation and the need to know more of those among the order, and within the Council she began to approach members to learn more about them, and to hopefully not step on any toes.

The first Master on her list was the one who had caught her attention with the mention of a very specific rite. Rianna invited Master Syn to walk with her one morning on Tython so that they could speak together, and get to know one another.

Tython had its problems, but there was still this openness around the temple that allowed for such leisurely pace to meditate and speak. Rianna enjoyed this very much about Tython. She stood silently on the steps of the temple, hoping that Master Syn had received the message, and would come.

@[member="Syn"]

Major Faction

Syn

Nimir-ra to Iella, Jedi Shadow
@[member="Rianna Organa"]

Syn had been interested in the idea of meeting another councilor when she was new. Her first meeting with the rest of the council had been something of a questionable first impression. The padawan had been something almost frustrating to deal with in his couple hundred years of training. The sithspawn remained stationary in the garden while he let the wind go through his hair. The tunic and trousers used without boots or his robes. He smirked taking it all in while the youthful compared to most looks he had and sash let him blend in more with the padawans who were around him.

Then the padawan arrived with the message and he had to admit... Going to see her was something almost akin to fun while he walked securing his boots on proper. No need for robes or much else then the basic cloths with his sabers. Then he was at the entrance of the temple on the steps while he offered a smile and bowed his head. Taking in the force presence while he moved brushing himself off with his hands. "Master Organa, it is good to meet you outside of the council chambers."

Rianna smiled, and bowed slightly, "Master Syn the same is said of you" She took note of his manner of dress, "have you been training this morning?" Rianna came down a few steps to where she could stand upon the same level as Master Syn.

"You'll forgive my interruption of your morning routines, but I find myself in a position where, well I know no one" She laughed. "I hoped that you could talk with me, perhaps partake of some tea and we could share points of view, and get to know one another" She wasn't desperate to make friends, but she certainly wanted to know those around her, their thoughts, their view on the force, and the path of the Jedi.

"Do you have time for such an indulgence?" She asked politely, not wanting to keep him from anything pressing.

@[member="Syn"]

Major Faction

Syn

"I always have time and my morning routine is usually in the mountains. This is one of the few times I have found myself back at the temple." He continued to stand there before leading the way towards one of the gardens. Someplace they could sit and have some tea while they could speak more. He gave a nod of his head while walking. "There was a time I didn't know anyone either. It is a strange thing but in time you will make some friends and I will always be here. I have been for the last three hundred years and don't have any plans to go elsewhere."

"I personally like to run up the paths toward the old ruins, it is a steady climb and quite the workout" She nodded it was in the force that they meet, he just happen to be back at the temple, a good sign.

She took pause, "300 hundred years Master Syn, my goodness. I have met so few people that are so well aged. " She looked at him with a doctor's eye now, "may I ask what species you are?" It was intriguing 300 years old. The things he must have seen the things he must have done. He was....history standing before her.

@[member="Syn"]

Major Faction

Syn

If only, he looked at her and sat down cause as he saw it some weren't fully prepared for when he gave an origin story. "Oh that is a tricky question, I was made eight hundred and fifty six years ago by the Emperor. Your medical eyes will deceive you because I am the only one of my species master Organa..." He chuckled a bit. "Organa, I remember that women's exploits from when I was little. Once they learned who she was and Alderaan was destroyed my masters moved me around. I had actually came here before the jedi returned all those centuries ago but those are tales for a different time. To answer you I am partially cathar and partially miraluka." He didn't need to move his hands to the sash over his eyes he just leaned back while relaxing more. He rather enjoyed hearing the reactions, when Iella had figured out what he was she had said he was redeemed, when the previous grandmaster had he was curious and Je'gan sought to have him imprisoned again. Now it was a better council, more accepting hopefully.

Interesting, a creation of Palpatine's before her, 856 years ago. She stopped he was created by Palpatine, he was...........oh...was he. Sithspawn. "If you were created by Palpatine, then you were not always of the light, or am I assuming too much"

So much that they could learn from him, the mistakes of the past. She smiled "You know Leia Organa? why would they move you because of her?" Rianna was curious, she found a seat, folding her hands into her lap to listen. She would not judge him. She was here to get to know him, if he sat on Council then he had proven himself to those here.

She was surprised, she had not expected this at all. Was he as wise as he was old? Did he teach the mistakes of the past, did he record his memories into a holocron for later use. So many questions, but she had to have patience. One of her short comings, excessive excitement, led to no patience.

@[member="Syn"]

Major Faction

Syn

"Yes I am sithspawn and no I was not always a jedi. There was a time when I fought for the sith and with a few managed to hold the galaxy by its throat, managed to plague the fledgling Alliance and New Republic because they didn't understand the depth of somethings. Leia knew Palpatine was an evil man a twisted man but few could comprehend what he did. They can read his books, read reports but for a man to enjoy seeing what he could make it is a dangerous thing. Far be it to be a sociopath, to be a killer and oppressor but the true power, the truest danger was why. Why he wanted it, he told it to me once why we should take over the galaxy, why the jedi were to weak when I was little. A bedtime story or order and of control. He believed that what he did was for the betterment of all and that is what made him so dangerous."

Syn chuckled a little as he recalled it and the reasons why he had been moved to be kept from the rebels was a simple one, one he understood now from both sides of the fence. "Leia would have saved me, much like the padawan who visited me every day she would have, could have found the good in me. When that little girl said I wasn't evil because I never had a choice she had been right, doing evil things for a faith that wasn't my own, if Leia or Luke had found me when I was a child they might have prevented more deaths and done other things. Exposed the true depths of depravity that my maker had when it came to experimenting on the non human's." His face remained neutral while he sat there and he folded his hand in his lap.

"I hope that answers a few questions, not many want to or understand why when I say I have seen worse I can mean it. That business with the boy in the council chamber was a strange one but I attribute it to children trying to be brave and puffing their chest. he knew little of what he spoke or had been taught. My padawan once said I was a romantic when it comes to how both jedi and sith should act, too much emphasis on honor and pride compared to some."

Rianna had listened and hung on every word he spoke, "How can we tell if someone is evil truly?" Rianna thought of one person, one that until recently she thought shared a like mind as hers.

This conversation could have gone from her getting to know more about him, to her asking his advice his thoughts. She now understood why he knew about the sith rite, and of the young padawan that had stood before them that day. What an interesting stand point, to have this knowledge to have seen the mistakes and successes of the past. To know that the House Organa ancestors would have helped, gave Rianna an assurance. Perhaps it was something that she needed.

"What do you think of the paths of the Grey, neither walking completely in light or darkness, and yet able to do good, and aggressiveness" She hadn't said evil, for that would be condoning behavior that she did not know of, but had only assumed of. "And do you think the Padawan had been sufficiently counciled on his behavior? And did he truly understand, or was he just telling us what he thought we wanted to hear?"

Yes this too she had wanted to speak to him about.

@[member="Syn"]

Major Faction

Syn

The path of a grey jedi was a questionable one. He had seen many try to walk it and fail but that was because their desires, their purpose was twisted into something dangerous. He kept his face neutral while he spoke. "They can be good but more often then not they fall like others. The trouble of walking the middle path is you have more to lose, more that can be twisted to the ends of others. The darkside isn't just aggression and wanting for power it is taking all those qualities we hold dear and twisting them until certain aspects are replaced. Love becomes obsession and fear of loss. That is the danger the padawan Meta is in. He is not bright, his disdain for following rules and believing himself above our wisdom or outside of it will make for a dangerous thing in the future. I can see why Dragonsflame was assigned to him as a master perhaps he can help the boy. If not then the next time he is brought before us there may be no choice then to send him to the explorer corps."

This was one of the subjects she had wanted to speak with him about, "The Padawan seems eager Master Syn, and his behavior is similar to another in the Jedi History." Rianna's eyes clouded over for a moment, and then cleared.

"The one that helped destroy us" It was still a great sadness to Rianna that history. the Organa name linked to Vader, but also to Skywalker, and Solo. But still it was Anakin who killed the younglings, a horrendous act, one that turned Rianna's stomach.

"It is why I spoke about keeping a closer eye, not so much house arrest as Master Grayson had expressed, as that would only make the padawan resentful and feel untrusted." Rianna shook her head gently, "I hope that Master Dragonsflame is able to continue his training on the path of light"

Rianna the old sage, good grief. "Master Syn for one so well aged, do you ever feel, well that you have lived long enough?" She knew some that grew tired of watching friends, and family pass from this life into the next.

@[member="Syn"]

Major Faction

Syn

He thought about it, that was a question few could answer and he wasn't that aged. From some standpoints he was a child still. Always learning just at a rate of a few centuries. "That is a difficult question Master Organa, on the one hand yes it is tiring to outlive others but I have come to accept it. I have made few friends and watched many jedi perish. I have seen the order grow and change sometimes for the better and sometimes for the worse. Seeing some of the actions jedi have taken and seeing some of the problems they have faced. It is tiring but I would not trade the impact I have made with my padawans for anything. I have trained and met plenty now."

He had to laugh at that the rest though. He knew Dragonsflame had talent and was more patient. In terms of what is needed but that is from his youth. "Dragonsflame is talented and he is much like I was long ago, so much mercy and while I hope I don't come off too wicked I do know I have less patience with padawans who are a risk."

They were once again back at Meta, "Yes your voice was well heard that day in Council. I was caught off guard by it, but then again I was caught off guard by Master Dista too." Rianna tried to form her thoughts as to what they could discuss.

"My last temple assignment, there seemed to be a dark presence Knights falling to the darkside, have you had many students do the same?" She was concerned overall maybe there was a rise in the darkness, but if there was no problem here, then it was a product over her overactive imagination.

@[member="Syn"]

Major Faction

Syn

"I have seen students fall to the darkside, one of my students fell and killed a friend on Metalorn. She was a friend and I couldn't convince her to choose a better path but it is not this place. It is the climate that the order fosters, for some living peacefully and respecting life is not the path, they want more and try to find a way to do that. Often violent and destructively, I do not know about your imagination but I can only see how best to do things and make it better towards the padawans of the future. Your concerns though are noted and something that we should look at." The jedi master took a drink of the tea while he leaned forward a bit. "The ones you have lost to the darkside? Were they important to you? Did their fall teach you something about yourself? When I lost my friend I realized I coudln't just preach the virtues of being a jedi. I had to make sure the order was protected, we can't have more like on Coruascant where sith walk around and come and go as they please."

Rianna thought about the ones she lost, how she had examined herself to see where the failing had been, every word, every memory. "They were important to me, like my children. It broke my heart, my spirit and I could not figure out how I failed them"

Rianna looked at Syn, the pain evident in her eyes., "Yes" her voice was soft, a whisper that could barely be heard, "It taught me to more careful, to teach from the beginning the cost that the darkside brings." Rianna felt that pain, swallowed it confronted it and then let it go. She sighed softly, "So many things we as Masters encounter I wish I could show a padawan the awful things I've seen, maybe that would keep them in the light"

Yes shared pain, and it had left its mark on both, made them both look at them differently. "Our conversation has left me melancholy but it has given me insight into who you are Master Syn, I hope in time we will be good friends."

@[member="Syn"]

Major Faction

Syn

He listened to her and gave a nod, if he could show the many horrors he had known from the darkside it might help some. Or it might scare them quite a bit. He had to admit to a few things but as he heard the sound in her voice he grew concerned. "It is something that we can recover from in time. Those you lost are one with the force now and there will come a time when you will be able to see them again." He offer a small smile and took another sip of his drink. "Are there any other concerns and questions you have. I am open to answering anything."

Rianna lifted her eyes to meet Syn's, "Or they will come and kill me because of what they have become" Yes there were a couple still alive. Still waiting for their moment. She smiled the warm gentle smile that many knew her for, the quiet demeanor of a Jedi.

"I do not know with whom we hold treaties with" She laughed, "Having arrived from another temple, I find it hard sometimes to keep current on all things, perhaps you could help me there Master Syn, what is the status of the Jedi with others" Information that she would need to ensure that an issue she does not create.

@[member="Syn"]

Major Faction

Syn

Oh god she wanted to know who they held treaties with... That was like asking for directions in a kingdom of the blind. He would have to look into some because they shifted at all times but most had been kept in place by the chancellors office. "We have very good relations again with the Protectorate and Mandalorians. There was a time when we didn't but after Valen it helped us. The Suns and Empire dislike us, the CIS and Fringe are quiet for now. The Galactic empire wants us to burn but aren't strong enough to do much. Other groups like the army of light have gone quiet and aren't doing anything now. They knew once the offensive agaisnt the empire came things would be vastly different and other groups we rarely interact with."

"That actually helps I did not know where to look to find them all. My nephew takes care of the politics on Alderaan, I've wondered about him perhaps being appointed junior senator in order to keep House Organa involved in politics." She smiled, thinking about all those who had come before her.

"Is there anything you'd like to ask me Master Syn?"

@[member="Syn"]

Major Faction

Syn

"Not at the moment, it has been an interesting talk and hopefully this has all helped you with your curiosity. I will be around the temple for another hour or so and then be heading out to the desert." The jedi master finished his tea as he stood up and made sure his outfit was straight. He offered a smile to Rianna and turned to leave while thinking about what she had said but there wasn't much he wanted to know. If she had been dangerous or untrustworthy she wouldn't have sat with someone who could hear and even smell a lie. At least the bodies reaction to it at least. So it was all good to him as he exited the temple and started off towards the desert.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom