Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Meeting the Other Side

Lucas Gracin

Excelsus of the Howlaw Court
Lucas reached up to adjust his tie, ensuring that it was near and straight as he stood in front of the chancellor's office, his golden eyes peering between the two guards that stood outside. While he knew better than to speak of such things, he couldn't help but smother a smirk as he realized that his experience on the battlefield far outweighed that of the men before him. A senator now, Lucas, like most politicians from his world, had spent a considerable amount of time in the military. That meant of course, that he preferred to be familiar with his commander officer. Back home, that was the Valde, Vulpesen Torrevaso. Here on Coruscant, it would be the Grand Chancellor of the Republic, Auteme Auteme .

"Senator Gracin, here to meet with the Chancellor, I believe we had an appointment." Things had been chaotic in the galaxy, and certainly a part of him regretted that he hadn't come sooner, but he was here now. War had a way of moving things up on one's schedule. He blamed it on the forced change of perspective. War had a way of making time seem shorter, especially when your race wasn't expected to meet their end with old age.

if they're watching anyways
ipuGMYq.png

Lucas Gracin Lucas Gracin

An aide guided Gracin into the office; as they entered, a pair of workmen were exiting with a couple boxes in tow. The office inside was spacious, grand as a Chancellor's should be, the massive window allowing a breathtaking view of an afternoon Coruscant. Otherwise, the space was sparsely decorated. Whether it had always been like that or if it was a new development was strangely hard to tell.

The Chancellor herself sat in a regal blue chair, seemingly at work reading something. As Gracin approached, she glanced up, then closed the terminal at her desk.

"Good afternoon, Senator," she greeted, then gestured to invite him to sit across from her.

Lucas Gracin

Lucas offered a fanged smile at the greeting and took the seat that was offered to him, his hands steepling passively in front of him. "Afternoon, Chancellor," he greeted in response. "I'm sorry if my presence comes at a bit of an inopportune time, but I figured it would be nice to meet the head woman in the senate. If I'm to be the Valde's eyes and ears in the political sphere, it only fits that I should know who I'm dealing with, especially at the highest level."

His tail swished once, then laid itself across his lap, settling just beneath his hands. Many of his kind, the Valde included, had yet to fully grasp the ability to hide their emotions which were often shown in that fluffed appendage. Thankfully, Lucas was one of the rare few who knew to keep his cards and his tail close to his chest. Even in a cordial meeting like this, it was often best to convey a professional appearance, which oft required that outward emotions be put aside. "In short, we of Veradune have been remiss in not introducing ourselves to you sooner."

Auteme Auteme

if they're watching anyways
Auteme scanned the Senator. This was the first time they were properly meeting; from what she could tell, he was being fully sincere. But such a neutral opening left her briefly at a loss. Were she less exhausted she'd quickly jump into probing the Zorren's politics and desires, but with the climate in the Senate of late, she found herself defaulting.

"Well, I'm happy to make your acquaintance now," she said, smiling. "I remember my first- well, year and a half, almost- I barely had a chance to do anything in the Senate. I was too busy adjusting to the position. It helped to know Chancellor Chandra personally, of course, but it was quite a lot of work. I'm sure even someone of your experience has been quite busy since you came to Coruscant."

Lucas Gracin

Lucas couldn't help the small laugh that built int he back of his throat. "I've only just begun and already I've seen two wars. The Mandalorian enclave, and now this new 'empire.' Thankfully, you're right in that my experience is rather in depth. Though, admittedly, I was only a century into my political career when I was forced to spend the next few either locked in a cell or hiding in the wilds."

He leaned back in the chair, his eyes turning to the window and the metropolis below. "I think that's perhaps one of the strangest things to become accustomed to. Mountains of steel and glass rather than endless verdant forests. Honestly, I'm not sure how you can focus with all the noise around here. Torrevaso spoke of this place a lot, but I guess he never realized all the bustle considering he spent most of his time in the jedi temple. That or he just got used to it."

Auteme Auteme

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom