Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Meeting the Neighbors

[member="Danger Arceneau"]

Touring the new space station that she had found by solving the riddles of Rave Merrill, Taeli was quite happy with what she had found. Outfitting her personal shuttle with the otherspace drive she had found in the theater, she made the jump to Jen'asha Station and was able to gain a tour of the new facilities.

She could already feel her mind whirring away at the possibilities of configuring the station into a secret anti-matter facility, on top of its other functions and as a holding facility for any alchemy experiments. Not many people knew how to get into Otherspace, but on her approach, the scanners had picked up another station in the nearby region.

Getting back on her shuttle, she decided to see who her neighbors were, perhaps they were friendly and would like to work out some sort of deal. One could always hope.

[member="Darth Arcanix"]

production_station_03_by_aldeminor-d4z7crm.png
H A N A - C L A S R E F I N E R Y S T A T I O N​

The Hana-Class Refinery Station was salvaged in what was once Horde space. Being beat up by the asteroid field for some time, the station had good bones but needed repair. This lead Salacia Consolidated to modify the station into a manufacturing and refining hub rather than restore it to its former glory as a floating way point. Salacia was cautious to haul the station out of Horde space, beginning the repairs over a more neutral location in Protectorate territory.

The station serves many roles : refinery, manufacture and distribution. The interior is all business, maintaining a plethora of equipment used to turn raw materials into desired goods and products. Currently the station is outfitted to turn raw minerals into solid metals along with the production of droids. Should a buyer feel differently, the station could easily be arranged and retrofitted to a variety of manufacturing materials.

An interior hangar system serves as a drop-off and pick-up location for many smaller ships. A docking arm extends from the station, allowing for large vessels to load/unload their goods. In addition, the Hana-Class can be moved to where the owner sees fit, providing they have enough time an energy. The station cannot move on its own, simply remaining in orbit above a planetary or moon location until towed away to the next area.

During the Southern Systems Business Bazaar Expo, Judah Dashiell placed for auction the Hana refinery station. Danger Arceneau became the winning bidder, and now has the Hana Refinery station in her sole possession.

The Trade Queen made a deal during the Expo with Rave Merrill, her counterpart in the Tion Hegemony that brought a profitable venture into utilizing otherdrive equipt ATC -Pathfinder-Class Long-Term Exploration Craft to travel into Otherspace and bring back goods to be refined.

It is a perilous and high risk venture, but a highly profitable one.

Upon nearing the Hana, the ATC security fleet would start to scan and hail.

[ Attention unknown vessel, you are entering Arceneau Trade Company protected space. Identify yourself ]

Hearing the message, Taeli paused for a moment, considering. She could use her Sith name and quite possibly be shot at it or some other way to destroy her, or she could respond with her real name. As her real name was still extremely unknown to all but a select few, she decided it might be more prudent to use that.

"Control, this is Taeli Rae, new owner of Jen'asha Station, requesting permission to come abroad and meet the neighbors," she said in a hailing channel.

She had heard of Arceneau Trading Company, anyone in business did. [member="Danger Arceneau"] was a legend in the business world, and incredibly savvy when it came to getting what she wanted. It had allowed her to build an empire that no one could hope to match anytime soon. Taeli was even more intrigued by meeting who was on board the station, and she wondered if she would actually speak to the woman hrself.

Alisha'ven

Arceneau Trade Company
[member="Darth Arcanix"]

It wouldn't be the Trade Queen onboard the Hana. Instead it was her right hand woman; a Rutian Twi'lek by the name of Alisha Ven. Her lavender eyes would widen at the message, only to narrow.

A long slender claw would tap gently upon the console. She had been summoned by security in the wake of the transmission, replaying it a few times over. That Rave Merrill had up and disappeared and left her items to be claimed via a galactic scavenger hunt was of no surprise -- Miz Arceneau had people looking for items as well. Still had actually.

Finally, she gave a curt nod.

"Allow them entry on docking port Xesh - Nine. Let's meet Miz. Rae."

In the meantime, she sent word to Danger to alert her of the situation.

[member="Alisha'ven"] [member="Danger Arceneau"]

Landing in the designated docking bay, Taeli got up and stretched for a moment. Making sure her blue dress was properly presentable, and also making sure to leave her weapon on board to avoid any undue hostilities, Taeli lowered the boarding ramp of her shuttle and stepped down onto the deck of the hanger bay.

The hanger certainly spoke of a meticulous care for it, as everything was nice and clean, but what caught her attention most was the security forces heading her way, accompanied by a Twi'lek female. Oh this would be interesting indeed.

"Greetings," she said with a smile, extending her hand.

Alisha'ven

Arceneau Trade Company
[member="Darth Arcanix"]

One saucy Rutian Twi'lek would meet the woman, soft lavender eyes curiously drawing over her in appraisal. None the less, a slightly clawed cerulean hand would reach out to shake the extended hand.

"Welcome to the Hana, Miz Rae" Alisha would drawl out with an accent one would peg from the Outer Rim. She was dressed in typical smuggler attire, if not a bit more hip hugging than usual, with a brown vest over the beige shirt she wore. A wide tanned belt hung on her hips, with a Browncoat trademark blaster holstered upon her thigh.

"Now what do we owe the pleasure of this visit?"

"I recently acquired Jen'asha Station from the Rave Merrill Treasure Hunt," Taeli replied with a smile. "I was curious about who my new neighbors were and wanted to see who it was. Now that I have, I would like to talk a little business perhaps. That is, if you and your boss would be amendable to such a proposal and arrangement."

It was true, this had been born of genuine curiosity, but if she could forge some sort of deal with ATC, that would be a huge coup for Krayt Industries as they tried grow beyond what they were into something just as great as Titan Industries.

Alisha'ven

Arceneau Trade Company
[member="Darth Arcanix"]

Alisha'ven would mull over this bit of information. She knew well that Danger had been attempting to also complete the treasure hunt in order to acquire Jen'asha Station herself. Now that another had beat her to the punch, the Rutian was sure that the Trade Queen would want to talk business.

Alisha gave an incline of her head.

"I cannot determine what Miz Arceneau would be so inclined to do..." she began, her voice containing a slight twang. "However, she would be interested in getting to know the new neighbors." she told the woman.

A gesture would motion for Taeli to follow. "Please, Miz. Rae. If you would follow me, I can lead you to a conference room to meet with Miz. Arceneau."

"Well regardless, it will be an interesting conversation with Miss Arceneau," Taeli replied with a shrug. "But lead on, Miss."

Following behind the Twi'lek, she wasn't sure how this meeting would go, but she was hopeful. If anything, they could continue what Rave Merrill and Danger had been doing in Otherspace, if they had such an arrangement. She wasn't sure, but it would make sense. Still, she intended to adapt her newly acquired station into an anti-matter lab eventually. It would be useful to have one that no one but a select few could reach.

Otherspace might have other secrets to discover and she was highly curious about it now.

It wouldn't be long before [member="Darth Arcanix"] would be lead through the Hana Station. Alisha'ven would relay some courtesy information about the station and what it would produce; more importantly, how it worked in conjunction with Jen'asha Station.

Merrill and Arceneau would use otherdrives to send shps into OuterSpace, from there ore and various resources would be brought back. The Hana dealt in refinery, manufacture and distribution. The interior is all business, maintaining a plethora of equipment used to turn raw materials into desired goods and products. Currently the station is outfitted to turn raw minerals into solid metals along with the production of droids.

Finally, Alisha'ven would lead Miz Rae to twin large double doors. The automated hiss of them opening up would resonate for a moment, before they would step into a vast observation room.

Here, the nearby sun as well as the distant silhouette of Jen'asha station would blaze in vibrant wonder, framed by the floor to ceiling glasteel windows a good three stories in height.

"Right this way Miz Rae," came Alisha'ven's coo, drawing her over towards a long boardroom like elongated desk. "Please make yourself comfortable," she would tell her, motioning to a chair.

"Miz Arceneau will be online shortly." Online meaning through Holocall. It was a big galaxy, and Danger couldn't be in every area in person.

"Of course, thank you," she said, bowing slightly at the Twi'lek and settling herself into the chair, making sure her blue dress was properly smoothed out and proper. Taking a look around her surroundings, and the impressive sight of the sun, she could definitively feel the power and wealth that was wielded by the woman she would be meeting with soon. It certainly was all about making an impression, and [member="Danger Arceneau"] certainly knew how to do that.

She was impressed by what she had seen of the facility as well, whereas Jen'asha Station was inclined towards research and expeditions, this place was a marvel for technical engineering and conversion of resources into something useful. She hadn't been able to see what exactly was built here, but she had a feeling it had to be only a few select things.

Tapping her fingers on the arm of the chair, she hummed softly to herself and waited patiently for her hostess. Busy woman that she had to be, running a company as large as ATC.

The halo array in the middle of the polished bodywood table would soon flicker to life. There, a rare display of a technicolor holoimage, the buxom Trade Queen with her vibrant mane of red hair would appear before [member="Darth Arcanix"].

A warm and cordial smile would beam out at the woman, her expression relaying a measure of warmth and intrigued pleasure.

"Forgive me for the inability to meet you in person, Miz. Rae," Danger's voice would drawl out in welcome and greeting. "Alisha'ven tells me that I have a new neighbor in the system. Pardon the inability to welcome you myself."

"Would you care for any refreshment? I can have Alisha ensure that your needs are met."

"If you have any Bastion Black tea, I'd love to have a cup of that iced please," she said, nodding her head politely at the Twi'lek before turning her attention back to Danger. "I understand you're an extremely busy woman, Miss Arceneau, so I don't fault you at all for only meeting me over holo. It is what is most convenient for you."

"I just got done going over Jen'asha Station, and I noticed I had a neighbor and felt like introducing myself. I suspect you and Miss Merrill had business dealings between the two stations, no?"

[member="Darth Arcanix"]

"Of course Miz. Rae," Alisha'ven would leave to get the black tea. It would be a few minutes, but in the meantime Danger and her new neighbor would be able to talk.

"Well, reckon this is where I welcome you to the neighborhood." Danger would say with a throaty rasp, a warm smile lingering over her lips.

"Miz Merrill and I certainly had our share of joint ventures. That between Jen'asha and the Hana was a mutually beneficial arrangement..." she would begin to say.

"Ain't many who are able to travel onto Otherspace. Much less be able to tap into its resources. Merrill and I used Jen'Asha as a point in reference while the Hana... turned out what raw minerals were found into solid metals."

"So I saw on my way here, this is certainly an impressive operation you have going here, Miss Arceneau," Taeli replied with a gracious smile. "I'm a businesswoman myself, nothing as large as ATC, but I run my own ship-building company, one which I've begun expanding into other areas with. I know this would seem rather sudden, but I would not be opposed to the idea of continuing the agreement you had with Miss Merrill. That is, if you would be amendable to such a thing or perhaps forging a new agreement?"

She certainly would not mind forming such a contract or agreement with Danger or her company, it would only help her in the long run and benefit both parties. She wasn't going to mention her plans to outfit Jen'asha with anti-matter research facilities yet, but it would be a safe and secure site for experiments and prototypes.

[member="Darth Arcanix"]

“I would certainly be amenable to that proposal, Miz Rae.” Danger would tell her. It was always good to keep networking and bridges in place. “It will certainly be a most fulfilling mutually beneficial arrangement.”

“Might I ask what else would you have in mind for Jen’asha Station?” came her first query.

"As of right now, it will simply remain as it is," Taeli replied with a smile. "In the future? I haven't exactly decided what I have planned for the station beyond a refuge and hidden area for my company. Although, if I may be honest Miss Arceneau, my company has been experimenting with anti-matter and I can't help but think the isolated location would make a prime testing and experimenting site."

She had already decided that, but if she made it sound like she was still thinking such things over, it might give her a better understanding of what interests Danger had.

[member="Darth Arcanix"]

Both of Danger's brows rose. "Anti-matter?" well that was certainly a curious curio. Antimatter was used in Jedi interceptor hyperdrive rings to provide the starship with enough density to remain in hyperspace, as the Interceptor was not large enough to retain supralight speeds without external aid. Antimatter traces were left by passing starships, which may be explained by certain hyperdrives being fueled by anti-matter.

Antimatter was also used in numerous weapons designs by many different cultures. To be specific... micromines.

Interest came to her.

"Indeed.... utilizing otherspace would certainly pave an isolated area for such study. " a pause, "Tell me.. how far have you've come in terms of weaponizing the anti-matter?"

Perhaps there were other ways that they could work together.

"Beginning stages sadly," she sighed. "It's hard to find a proper facility and one that is secure so enemies or corporate spies don't try anything to sabotage the process. The direction we are currently planning is something along the lines of an entity known as Ship. Apparently, some sentient ship was awoken and attacked an Imperial outpost from the Galactic Civil War and its primary weapon was anti-matter pods that could disintegrate just about anything they came into contact with and exploded against."

She knew it would be silly to mention the other idea she had, to mix standard blaster gas with tiny amounts of anti-matter to inflict a smaller effect than the anti-matter pods. Until she had a working concept of that, it would be best not to mention so.

[member="Darth Arcanix"]

"What about small arms?" Danger would ask. As Browncoat Arms and Industrial, she had a keen interest in such things as blasters and grenades.

Right now, she was thinking more about micromines much like her Forcebreaker that would have an accelerating gauge to prevent tampering with a Force push.

"Grenades? Mines?" From her understanding, Miz Rae's company -- from her former interaction with Sabrina under Krayt as they were part of the Southern Business Bazaar -- they only had a focus in starships. Had they expanded into small arms?

If not... perhaps they could very well work together...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom