Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Meeting of the minds

WGCUQE5.png

The deal.
374989423a524c4044456f85cb89864b.png
Days had past, M-O-T-H-E-R had been searching through the many notable names of the galaxy. One had caught her eye, Felix Aquila. With their location being so close, and their ability to get very legal materials for M-O-T-H-E-R made them a perfect match. Eventually the AI had sent out a message to Felix, the AI requested a private meeting on Roon. This location would be a fair distance from the city, perfect for private talks.

To her surprise, Felix had agreed to meet the AI here. This deal could help the AI secure some power in this part of the galaxy, bringing in extra cash and letting the AI learn more names.

The suited individual waited in the trees near a clearing where it expected Felix to land, today was going to be an interesting day indeed. While time passed, M-O-T-H-E-R would be thinking over the weapon designs in her mind.

"Area clear...lethal..perfect for clearing a group of targets. Reflec on pistol, fancy and distinguished look."

"Suit? No design at the moment, must get factories in place for industrial production. Funds mean more investments, this should be a great start."

The AI was lost in thought, when it came to M-O-T-H-E-R it always had ideals of gain. Be it money or knowledge, it just seemed to be a natural thing to the AI. Conquest, a mighty ambition yet if the right cards are played then the game is won.

View attachment 1086
Felix Aquila had been on Iskalon with the Quartermaster's Guild with the intent on aiding them with the production of convoy vehicles which would be better suited to the protection of front line forces and convoys. They needed to be mobile, all terrain focused and defensive in nature, strong enough to take a hit but employ some method of power conversion so they wouldn't pull on their power sources in a manner that would allow them to over-heat. It was a rough mathematical equation ... one that for the moment he appeared to be stumped on. Something it seemed was going to have to give, weight, power or defense unless they came up with something clever.

The message had become a welcome distraction to Felix, saying that he was going to take this opportunity to take the new unnamed drop ship prototype upgrade from the old Correlian models they had used until now for a spin. The new design was sleek, sans armaments in the mean time but such things would be updated later. He was looking forward to seeing what this baby looked like refitted as a heavy bomber with the new Composite laser tech they had developed. But, it was early days for this thing.

The message had been a riddle, a system by the name of M O T H E R seeming to reach out in order to collaborate a deal for resources and weapons tech was not something that happened every day. Such things were beyond most droids, droids didn't have free will in that sense ... although AI were becoming more and more sophisticated and advanced over time, especially in companies like Locke and Key who specialized in such things. But those calculations were beyond Felix's abilities, Felix was a physicist and a jack of all trades, not a Savant like John Locke.

Roon was barely a hop skip and a jump away, he would barely need to travel light speed by the time that the meeting was to be arraigned. However, he would ensure that he would arrive in a timely manner. But not unprepared. The better part of his journey within the freighter was spent attempting to study the history of this, M O T H E R. He would look through galactic records for Advertisements of AI listed as such, make contact with people he knew in the industry at Freebirds and even Locke and Key, but he would find very little. Some mention here and there in passing accounts of obscure news stories which gave little to no information about the person or droid in the slightest.

"Must be custom. . ." He confirmed to himself, whether he was right or wrong unable to be truly certified. "I may have to be careful." Dressed in his standard tidy but Armourwoven clothing, he would take his saber as well as the lightly armoured parrying gauntlet for his left hand before the ship move to land on Roon at a clearing which seemed like the perfect spot to put the new spiffy craft down in.

Walking from the building, followed by a repulsar-lift trolley with a small crate on it, he would look in an attempt to find the person who had called him here. His vision warping around his ship so that he might see three hundred and sixty degrees as the light bent to his whim. Spying no-one at the moment as she was hidden by the trees beyond the range of his ability to see. It was this scenario that always put his mind on edge, was it a trap? A setup? Was he being robbed? All thoughts that put the guy on edge as he walked to the edge of the ships loading platform, waiting for the approach of whomever this M O T H E R seemed to be talking to himself openly in the mean-time to cull the silence...

"You know... this is a pretty nice place, its a shame I've not been here before. Far too used to going where only work takes me... ugh. I need to get out more..."

WGCUQE5.png

The deal.
The silence still remained, only faint sounds of nature. For a time it had seemed that whoever wanted to meet Felix didn't seem to show up? Such ideals were quickly cast aside as a voice spoke behind Felix.

"Forgive my silence, I have to be weary to not walk into a trap myself. You must be Felix Aquila, I am Mother. I wish for us to combine our minds, from what I have read you have access to materials that I normally cannot get my hands on. My goal is to use this deal to start my influence and use profits gained to support my Daughter and to invest into companies. I do not like to lie, so I make my intentions clear. I hope that you will be clear with me as well, this deal could mean a lot for both of us. I know you have money, if more of that isn't appealing enough for this deal then I offer a counter. If we work together, this can only strengthen whatever power you hold on whatever planet. I am sure that at least some of my designs will net you more than cash, holding a monopoly on a trade gives far more than cash."

This AI was very straightforward, interestingly their height and voice fit that of a young woman. Any physical features of this being were covered by an unknown set of armor, not even the eyes could be seen past the glow of the visor. They held out their hand, offering a handshake.

"I am sure you have questions, ask away."

Felix would whirl, hand moving to his weapon as his eyes would flare with brilliant red and gold. Alarm and fear swarming his body for a moment as she had managed to sleuth in behind his three hundred and sixty degree vision, how did he get snuck up on!? Technology that usually bent light he was able to see through with relative ease, but whatever tech or techniques were involved here was obviously something usually beyond his notice. His aggression would diffuse quickly as she appeared and spoke. Felix would stand down as the colour of his mood-lit eyes would drain into a soft lilac, entailing relief as his heart pounded in his ears with the adrenaline response falling on the false alarm.

"You know ... you probably shouldn't be sneaking up on people like that, may give the wrong idea ..." He'd say with a chuckle, sighing and looking up at her as she would better explain her position. It seemed that she wanted a partner, someone with resources in order to protect her daughter. Yet Felix knew that he was dealing with an AI, was the daughter the person who commissioned her? It was impossible to tell at the moment. There was the promise of money, which, Felix knew in his heart he should probably care about, however money to him was already such a hollow concept. Then came the offer of consolidation of power ... ~that's a very interesting thing to offer. ~ He thought to himself, if he were a politician perhaps his answer would have been different. He could feel that this was the kind of thing his parents would immediately say yes to. That was of course if she was able to prove she was capable of it.

"What can you show me to make me believe you're even capable of something like that? I usually deal with certainties. But at the end of the day i usually accept one of two payments, money or favors. Depending on your answer to my question, I'll happily take a favor."

Felix would end there for now, waiting to hear the answer before moving on with his questions, nodding to the response regardless to whether or not he would deem it acceptable to him. He was more interested in the AI and how it responded to him, attempting to gauge how advanced it was in its reasoning and ability to communicate. Maybe he could ask to clone her software? That could certainly be something if she was indeed something as unique as he thought she might be.

"As for my questions, I have a lot, but I'm pretty good at finding out those answers on my own, and It'd be no fun if you told me outright. But as for why I'm here, the biggest question is, how can i help? You didn't exactly give me a list of the materials to bring with me, but im sure most of them can be purchased nearby."

WGCUQE5.png

The deal.
The figure nods, lowering their hand at the same time. They took note of the shock that their method of approach caused, it caused an amount of stress on the AI.

"My apologizes, Felix. I have to keep myself aware at all times, and I had to make sure you weren't up to anything."

They reach into their cloak and pull out a note, the figure offers the note to Felix.

"This is of my own design, it is yet to be finished. I did this on purpose so you could add your own ideas to it, take a look."

Upon inspection, this note had detailed schematics for a type of disruption weapon that could be easily deployed within an area, activation of said weapon would remove any targets around it in a certain area...

"This is just an idea, and I did not request materials since I have no idea who could be watching my coms. From what information I have gathered, disruption weaponry is outlawed. And I know that you could get your hands on almost any material, as for your questions I assure you that you'd want to ask me. I have no records anywhere, and whoever made me kept themselves well hidden for a reason."

Her mannerisms were very straightforward it seemed, they held out their hand again, though this time it was to take the note back once Felix was done with it.

"Do you not find the weaponry to be worthy of investment? I have a feeling that rivaling organisms will want such tech, if this has not been done already."

Looking at the proposal, Felix would furrow his brow, poking his tongue out just a little subconsciously as he would think about the job that stood before him. The weapon seemed to be straight forward, though it gave him an idea for a grenade. One that he was beginning to feel like he would need in the near future if people like this were crawling out of the webwork with weapons like these. But a couple of words they spoke reached him in a way that curled his lips into a smile.

"Disruptor weapons are fantastic at dealing with droids, machines and shielded enemies. You're correct in a way, it is a war-crime to weild standard disruptor weapons against organic targets. But as far as I know using them for their intended purpose is fine, disruptors are really simply a supercharged Ion weapon, they've typically proven difficult to ban and their banning is equally difficult to enforce so long as Ion weapons are in supply. So, I guess my follow up question should be, do you intend to use this weapon against organic targets?"

He would look to the AI, feeling as though he likely knew the answer, disruptor weapons in their standard loadout were cruel unusual weapons which disintegrated a target with an energy based chain reaction. However, he had considered the ban to be an interesting one in some systems. Weapons in the modern era were good enough to not cause the suffering that the ones of the republic had once been banned for. The materials for an 'ethical' disruptor weapon was something that could be done with Refined Tibana gas and increasing the power output of the weapons considerably.

"I can see that this weapon could be useful. However I can't help but wonder, why is it you're seemingly making this weapon willfully innacurate. Why not make it a pulse grenade that simply eradicates everything around it in an omnidirectional wave? It may use more energy, but it would likely be dar more effective than the cluster. I suppose we could instead make it an omnidirectional lattice, almost like a fragmentation grenade... would save some of that power... what do you think?"

He would look to her for her reaction, seemingly implying that he was interested in the project, but he felt as though there were kinks that needed to be worked out.

WGCUQE5.png

The mind of Mother
The AI did not care if it was cruel to use such a weapon on a living organism, the only living being she cared for was her Daughter. The Figure nods and looks back over the blue prints, everything was a learning process, the AI started to run Simulations in its mind for each idea.

"I do not care if the weapon is used on a living organism, whoever buys the tool decides what they do with it. Once it leaves my care, it is no longer something I have authority over. I could say to not use it on a living organism as much as I want, but beings make their own choices. My initial thought is to make it a cluster shot that covers a vast area around it, with no distinct pattern such a weapon would have to be used carefully but give the advantage of being unpredictable."

They pause for a moment, raising a finger.

"However, I place a value on raw efficiency. I want every tool I design to preform its task as best that it can, and the role I have in mind for this is something you use when you really want things to perish. It kills, that is all it can and will do. I value your input, perhaps we can make prototypes of each idea. Then test them and determine which we both like the best, I assume you agree with this plan."

The figure unlocks their mask, along with pulling back their hood. Once everything is unlocked their helmet comes off, the figure has a soft and young face, they look like an Echani.

Amethyst eyes scan Felix, and long snow white hair hangs well past the figure's shoulders.

"I must ask you a question, I have read that you know force abilities. Would you care to share more information on this? The concept is new to me, and having more information is always good to have."

If Felix could sense other force sensitive beings, he could feel that the body this AI was inhabiting was indeed force sensitive.

Felix didn't like the half answer, he was right, but that was why as an arms supplier to para military units people were vetted and assured to have convictions of violent natures, mental conditions or others that would deem them unable to carry a military grade weapon on their person. They were trained and tested or otherwise trusted to do what was right. However, it was true that it was more than possible for a person to pass all those tests and still go on to commit a crime of some vile nature with the tools they had rightfully attained. It was something Felix didn't like, but you couldn't disarm an entire populous just because of the deeds of a few. So, he would sigh, for now. But he could get assurances, and make threats in the mean time to that ends.

"I'm ok with making a prototype of each, I have a relatively clear idea of the pros and cons of each, I have more than enough Tibana gas and EM emitters on the ship to be able to pull this off, thankfully its nothing big. I could probably make five or so devices to different specifications, without much of an issue. However, I want an assurance from you that you won't use this weapon against sapient life forms. If it comes back to me, and I end up getting in trouble because of it, I will be more than happy to deliver my plethora of concerns to you personally." He'd say, eyes fixated with a stern look before relaxing.

"Otherwise we have a deal. But a note on being unpredictable, prediction doens't matter if it hits everywhere, and most people who can attempt to predict it are going to think you're throwing a grenade, so they'll be anticipating to hit everywhere which somewhat defeats the point."

Felix would think about it for a while, though again, he felt like he had a couple of ideas. Becoming lost in his head for a moment as the subject matter of the force came up in conversation. His ears almost rang as he turned his head to look to the being before him. They must have discovered his connection with the Knights Obsidian, not a hidden record within the CIS, but it was good to know that they were the kind to also do their research on him ... which shed some unfortunate light on why they may have come to him to create a usually illegal weapon ... this could end very poorly, but he'd already given an ok so long as conditions were met ...

Yes, I'm known to be a practitioner, I can share what I know... but it really depends on what you would like to know about it. How its done? What it is? Some of it can all be rather difficult to explain. Will your systems allow you to think in the abstract like that?"

WGCUQE5.png

The mind of Mother
They smile at Felix, giving them a faint nod.

"I will not be the one using the weapon, at least not that weapon. If I wish for a living organism to die then I have other ways of doing such, we can of course sell this item to trusted buyers if you wish. My apologizes if my words had upset you, I was merely explaining my view on it."

The figure chuckles a bit about the systems comment, waving their hand in a "Ya Ya" manner.

"I am sentient, I assure you I can understand. Firstly, if you could give me a simple break down. Then I would ask that you please provide a demonstration some of these abilities, from my research I know that beings that can use this Force can use more simple tricks like pushing an object or making said object float in the air. Do you have knowledge beyond said abilities?"

They seem to be watching intently, any little movement causes their eyes to jolt in a tracking manner..

"Quickly going back on the subject of that weapon, prototypes would be interesting. Of course, these are not my funds and resources going into this. I leave the prototypes to your discretion, I am merely putting in my mind."

Felix couldn't help but ponder this person, they wanted to create a weapon but not to use it, rather he was beginning to get they favor that they believed they were doing a favor for him somehow, this was all getting rather strange, that or they had a particular group of people with a mind to sell it to for business, and that, ironically was none of his business. He would nod and continue to move along with the mental planning of the weapons. But with thoughts to how he was able to operate with the force, he couldn't help but smile at the AI considering itself sentient. Felix, in turn nodded, there was no denying its sentience. It seemed awake and alert, Sapience however was to be debated. But that seemed to be a conversation for a later time.

"The force is interesting, at first there's a whole, almost religious speech. That its an energy that surrounds us and all other living things. But, in truth, I've always thought of it like any other, well, force. Gravity, or Magnetism. Some people are born sensitive to the fluctuations of this, far more complex wave pattern, and it seems that, that sensitivity also affords interaction with it. As the force responds to conscious focus, sapience. This morphic field if tapped into, is capable of almost anything with training, altering your mind and how you think to better resonate with it in such a manner that it can be manipulated. "

As he finished he would move to a demonstration, lifting up a finger, pulling in light to surround his hand, molding it into a ring that would defy the laws of physics until he had created an almost perfect halo which would continually spin on an invisible track. Felix had a knack when it came to light, able to bend and manipulate it to his whim, allowing him to see great distances without aid, blind or otherwise rob others of their sight and more. It was a unique skill, one that he had learned later that had been passed down through his family, not that any of his siblings or parents as far as he knew had exhibited the ability to use it.

"Your mind will certainly be enough, I'll go and grab some parts..." Felix would take his leave, bringing the small repulsarlift trolly with him as he would spend some minutes accumulating the parts he would need from raw metal and materials to Tibana gas and Isotope 5a batteries which had been recently purchased from Freebirds industries. It was everything he needed to make more than a couple of bombs, but the quality of the steel was high and that's all that mattered for now. He also procured EM field emitters, transmitters and other electronic devices that were more meant for dealing with missiles and ordinance ... simply because you never knew what you might need.

Returning from his venture back in his ship, and exiting with a much larger trolley which would hover in behind him, he would ask the final question:
"So, i assume you have a workship somewhere around here? I need to be able to bend and mould flat steel and the like if i'm going to make these things. I hope that's not any kind of intrusion. "

WGCUQE5.png

The mind of Mother
With the demonstration complete, the AI would save the the recording and log it within its memory. The figure places their helm back onto their head, adjusting it before it locks in.

"Thank you for the demonstration, I do indeed have a place we can go. Its location is here on Roon, me and my daughter live with a collective of Mandalorians- Well, others live there but it is mostly made of Mandalorians. I am sure there will be a place for us to work on this weapon, I have more weapons I wish to make."

They chuckle a bit before gesturing to the ship.

"These other weapons can wait though, the location we need to go to is located well within the mountains. Have you ever seen it? It looks like a mountain fortress of sorts, I have yet to pick up the name of said place..If it has one. My Daughter and I have only just arrived in a sense, I got into contact with their leader and now I work for them."

They tilt their head to the side and stare at Felix, the AI had been taking note of Felix's facial expressions and mannerisms.

"I have been taking note of your mannerisms and facial expressions..I am deeply sorry if I have unnerved you, I cannot make any claim that I know how to interact with other beings well. I was kept away from this world for seventeen years, I have only been outside for around a week now."

This was the truth, by the tone of their voice it sounded like they were being genuine with Felix, as if they did have emotion.

"I thank you for the time you have spent so far, I am sure you are a busy person..."

Mother had grown more agitated at herself, the AI always sought to improve itself in subjects, diplomacy and being less off-putting was one of these.

Felix would think about his response for a moment, the thought of being within a conclave of Mandalorians sounded like it could pose a number of problems. Mandalorians, though honorable could prose problems in the short run. He'd be sure to send out a beacon informing his house where he was before he arrived to the location. If his predicament were anything worse than that, well, it wouldn't matter anyway. He'd nod in response to the thanks smiling as he knew it was no problem, it was unlikely that a droid would be able to get much of a handle on the force, it defied logic, even to the most advanced AI, although, he had heard of a couple of works around. But Mother's apology came as a surprise. Felix would allow her to exposit her apology before responding.

"It's fine, my issue isn't with you, but with my part in all this. But I guess I'll be blunt. Myself and my dealings are, and will always remain legitimate. I do not mind helping you in this endeavor, but i will not create a black market good for sale that would be considered illegal across the galaxy. Mandalorians have a habit of shirking such laws as they don't pertain to their codes. I, however am less pliable. But seeing as you're rather new to the world, let me afford you some advice, if you want to protect your daughter, do so in such a manner that it keeps as many people happy with you as you can. Your cost-benefit analysis should not only be wired to the most efficient means to protect someone at the time, but how the implications of that defense could endanger her in the future."

Ending his little spiel, he would sigh. He was sure this could work, it was about time that there was a referrendum on disruptor weapons in general, times had changed and so long as the weapon classification and designation was so that it was not intended for use on biological entities it should be considered fine. It was a pitch he was going to have to make to more than a couple of law people on Ryloth if he intended to sell it in that part of the galaxy, but with money came opportunity, and he had more money than the force.

"So, i guess I'll follow you to this facility, and we can make some weapons together then, I'll prep my ship. I don't intend to leave it here." Felix's smile would broaden a little excitement flaring in his eyes at the challenge of creating something a little different from the standard fanfare. He had always enjoyed being able to get his own hands dirty alongside the Quartermasters of his house, now it seemed that all his hours of tinkering while endentured to the hutts might finally be able to pay off. If she'd agree he'd turn on his heel and make his way back to his ship, following any signal she'd give or co-ordinates to this base, ensuring to log a message to his house on the way.

This was going to be interesting,

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom