Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Meeting New Friends

Outfit: Casual
Tag: DeadpoolMLP DeadpoolMLP

Lily decided to wear a nice blue summer dress with the weather warming up, she felt a chance to relax and even attempt to enjoy the sun. It wasn't common for Echani to tan but Lily was willing to give it a go and see if she could. Her hair loose and wavy, Lily stretched her limbs as she thought about the number of things she had been getting up to recently. It had been busy between taking on minor missions and getting to know her fellow Padawans and the other Jedi around here. There was also all the training she was doing with her mentor as well, it was intensive time in her life but Lily was loving it.

She tended to thrive with a hard set rigid routine.

However, she had a couple of days free to relax now and destress from the busy week that she had. After doing her morning routine of training and reading, the rest of the day was free for her to do as she wished. Lily decided for now to explore around the Temple, see if there was anyone else with time to spend and interact with them. She was still eager to meet new people and make new friends, especially since she was hopeful in understanding how others were progressing in their training.

DeadpoolMLP

Too many characters, I have
The past few days had been hectic for the Cathar. Going out on the town to try and make herself familiar with the Coruscant city life had only made her realize how much she hated the smell and noise of the city. Training in the jedi temple at least seemed to calm her nerves, but she could only do that for so long. So, once again, she decided to wander the halls, looking for someone to bump into.

And it didn't take long. Jonyna almost ran straight into the Echani, given she had a good five inches on her. Note to self, watch yourself when you walk. Also, note to self, get some new clothes...

"Hi." She chuckled, pausing to look down. "You're looking pretty today. Jonyna Si." She offered a handshake in reconciliation for nearly running into her.

Lily Decoria Lily Decoria

With someone nearly bumping into her, Lily let out a surprised gasp as she wasn't expecting to be literally bumping into others. Looking up towards the Cathar female, Lily gave a polite smile and accepted the handshake. "Oh! Thank you, yes, I wanted to try this dress while the weather was turning more pleasant. Lily Decoria, Jedi Padawan." Lily introduced herself.

It was a strange feeling standing next to the other woman, normally she didn't feel short and knew that she wasn't short. However, given how tall this other Jedi was, Lily did feel a little short. It wasn't a negative feeling, at least, she didn't feel bad about it. Just something new and intriguing more so. "You are looking good as well." Lily compliment in return to the one she received.

Placing her hands behind her back, Lily paused for a moment then realised what she could say, "are you a new Jedi here? Another Padawan?" She asked curiously since there had been an influx of new Padawans, herself included.

DeadpoolMLP

"Knight, actually. Just new. Long story. And thanks! I've been meaning to get some new threads..." She pouted, looking down at her robes, grabbing the measly skirt and lifting it slightly. It only revealed she had pants under it. "The robes are nice, but like...when I'm not fighting baddies, it'd be nice to have something more....pretty." She let out a sigh, once again dropping the skirt and pursing her lips in annoyance. "Unfortunately for me, I don't exactly carry around too many credits."

That is, if credits were still a thing. She hoped they were still a thing. Would her credits have gone through inflation since she went in the ice? Oh sweet Sylvar, was she actually rich now? Scary thought. She wouldn't know what to do with all of it...

Maybe buy a ship. That'd probably be the first time.

A new Jedi Knight was interesting to hear, she was curious to hear where Jonya came from but the mention of it being a long story signified that perhaps either the Cathar wasn't ready to tell the story yet to Lily or did not think this was the appropriate time to divulge such information. Lily knew respect such boundaries and did not press to hear more on Jonya's life before arriving at the temple. Looking at her fellow Jedi's attire, it was clearly something that Jonya wasn't a big fan of but was a similar style to many Jedi types. "Well, I know of a few stores around Coruscant that do some nice outfits. Sometimes they can be pricier than most would like but there are some really good sales." Lily's nobility background meant that she had more credits than most but she had been learning to work on a budget as a way to bond with other Jedi.

Though even on her budget she had more credits than most.

"I can take you to them if you wanted or I could send you a link to their locations if you would prefer that?" Lily offered, not wanting to be too presumptive with whether Jonya wanted to spend time with her or not.

Nodding her head, "okay sounds good." Lily started heading towards outside, her hands behind her back as she thought about which stores would be the best places to start with. It was impossible to know the styles and preferences that Jonyna held but she had a few stores in mind that could work. Hailing a taxi to fly them to the first store, Lily looked back at the Jedi Knight.

"So, what type of Jedi do you wish to be?" Lily asked curious.

Looking at Jonyna, she was surprised the Jedi Knight didn't know about the different pathways a Jedi could take as they progressed. "Well, yeah. Specialities that Jedi can focus on." Lily stated, having researched the topic thoroughly first week or two she had arrived.

"Got Jedi Shadows, stealthy folk. Temple Guards, Battlemasters, Sentinels, Healers, Watchmen and others." Lily mentioned as she entered the taxi.

DeadpoolMLP

“…” Jonyna took a moment to mull on that information as she climbed in as well. “My mom mentioned something about how she was a Sentinel back when she was a Jedi. I…I never got the chance.”

She went quiet for a moment, looking out on the cityscape. “How much do you know about history?”
She finally asked.

Admiring the city streaming past them as she listened to what Jonyna said. Lily turned to face her again with a warm smile, "well, at least you get a chance to learn and choose now? I am likely going the Guardian, warrior style route, fighting has always been a talent of mine." Lily stated, there was no bragging in her tone, just stating a fact about her strengths and limitations.

Shrugging her shoulders, "I couldn't say how much I know. The galactic history is contradictory at best really and there is a lot out there. I have learnt a bit myself." Lily had attempted to absorb all the historical events but the differing viewpoints and beliefs were tricky to comprehend.

"Where do you feel your talents as a Jedi lie at the moment? That could help guide your path?" Lily enquired curious.

DeadpoolMLP

"...I've never been anything but a warrior." She answered, the question, deciding perhaps her past was a mute point by now. She was in the future, no need to wallow in the past. "Gotten pretty good at three different forms of lightsaber combat, and my force abilities don't exactly lend me to stealth or healing..." She brought a hand up in presentation, lifting a finger as a small, lighter sized flame ignited above said finger. "I'm tough, and I burn stuff. That's Jonyna Si."

Lily turned to look at Jonyna with some sympathy in her gaze, to always view yourself as a warrior, it must be tough. Especially when there weren't wars to be fought truly now. They were in a time of peace. "Well, the Jedi Guardians are the ones that are most focused on combat. They were skilled in Lightsaber forms and using the Force to enhance their combat prowess."

Seeing Jonyna use the Force to create a lighter sized flame, it was intriguing. "That is an interesting ability." Lily commented, she didn't really have any skills in the Force presently but she was curious to see how others might be.

"Oh, looks like we have arrived!" Lily commented as she paid the droid driver and exited the vehicle. Looking at the modest clothing store. "I find this one always tends to have great deals!"

DeadpoolMLP

Jonyna sighed, letting out a chuckle, explaining next more with her hands than with her mouth. She seemed to have a habit of that. "I taught it to myself, more or less. By accident, actually. Friend of mine was in trouble, and I needed to catch up to an escaping speeder. Just kinda....focused on the feeling of that need, then whoosh. Rocketed forward."

She stepped out as well, looking at the clothing store, and immediately tilting her head. "...what kinda clothes do you guys wear these days that look like that?!"

Lily nodded her head, it was interesting that someone could learn a skill like that through accident but it was clearly a useful skill to have. "Well, it seems that it was well timed for you to gain the talent." She commented, "I am still pretty new to all this Force training and stuff so I barely have the basics down." Lily admitted as she chewed on her bottom lip, even the basics she struggled with from time to time. However, it was all a big learning curve and she had been assured that once she passed through the early struggles that things would get easier.

Looking confused, Lily tilted her head, what did Jonyna mean by these days, this had been the style for a bit now. "Urmmm... This has been the fashion for a couple of years now, some of it is outdated but not sure what you mean...?" Lily paused before entering, "anything in particular you are wanting to try?"

DeadpoolMLP

Jonyna walked in as well, idly looking around. “I didn’t have the luxury of learning in the temple.” She said, so undying distracted, perusing the wares. “I might. What do you think? It’s been a while since I’ve shopped for myself. Got any suggestions?”

"That must have been tough." Lily offered her sympathies, she dreaded the idea of attempting to learn outside of the safety of the Jedi Temple. With her explosive outbursts in the Force, it seemed like training in public or while on a mission would do more harm to others than it would do good for her. Especially since she was already of doing harm to others while in the Jedi Temple.

Looking at the different outfits and possibilities, "Well, there's a big range for you to select here. It is getting warmer so perhaps something that is cooling and comfortable for the warmer weather?" Lily suggested, "it was why I got this sundress." She added.

DeadpoolMLP

Jonyna considered it, eyeing some of the options. Her old threads were 900 years outdated at this point, and while she never had the luxury of keeping up with 'trends', she did feel like a change would be nice. She wondered if Cathar stylings were every 'in vogue', as they would say in her time. 900 years, someone's had to have taken up Cathar style. "Do they have just fabric? I could probably sew something myself here if I had access to a sewing kit..."

Checking out several of the dresses that were available, Lily was getting a little in her own mind as she thought about potentially getting some more dresses to try out. However, she realised that she was no longer paying attention to her surroundings and jumped out of her thoughts and looked over to Jonyna. Her mind took a moment or two to realise that Jonyna had asked her question then another moment to realise what had been asked.

"What? Oh!" Lily flushed apologetic, "sorry got lost in my thoughts. Urm... fabric? I don't think they sell that here. For that you'll need to visit a fabric store, there should be a couple nearby. We can see which ones are the best." Lily offered, curious that Jonyna would want to make her own outfits, there had to be stores selling clothing already made suitable for Cathars but Lily did not question it. If the Jedi Knight wanted to make her own then that was her right and certainly held a skill that Lily did not. Last time she attempted sewing anything was disastrous

DeadpoolMLP

Jonyna let out a chuckle, watching the girl get lost in her own head. She knew that feeling. "I take it you shop when you're stressed? I only get lost in my thoughts like that when I'm training."

She took a moment to look through a few options on the rack, but she could only frown. "Where I'm from, what you put on your body all has meaning. Clothes, tattoos, anything. " She pulled her robe down to reveal her tattoo across her shoulder. "That's my family symbol. The Si name. It means Six, which was the number of people in my family that survive the Mandalorin slaughter of our people. So, I sew my own stuff to give it meaning..."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom