Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Medical Center

Is there an already established medical group?
I don't mean a faction, but medical doctors, healers and medical scientists that have gotten together despite their faction alliances?

Would healers and doctors be interested in forming a sort of group that do come together under the flag of truce and share medical discoveries, procedures and medicines?

Consider 'Doctor's Without Borders' theme where Imperials, Republic and other various groups converge together as most do follow the same medical code.

[member="Dr. Aes'ona Terrani"] [member="Labkahip Mordulla"] thanks for the link and interest.

Your group doctor is mostly First Order/Imperial oriented. I like that. This definitely will work with what I'm thinking. And believe me, I'm getting ideas as I go. I don't have any specific plan but that in a way is good as we can all come up with a working plan to have all doctors and healers of all factions work together in certain stories and situations.

Examples that come to mind are (in Earth examples):
  • Doctors Without Borders theme. This enables any volunteer or assigned faction doctor to volunteer/work alongside another faction doctor/s for the purpose of providing humanitarian medical assistance to refugee systems, afflicted systems, or war torn systems. It could be a prerequisite for truce talks etc.
  • Red Cross theme. Have a coalition of volunteer doctors go to same scenarios as above.
  • Doctor/intern Exchange program. For factions that do not readily wish to share all of their medical skills and procedures too openly. This provides a means of say; having a Republic doctor exchanged with an Imperial doctor on a temporary limited basis. This could be an experimental try-out , limited time or specific purpose; like a virus breakout that a faction already had gone through and the exchange doctor is there to pass on the procedures and way to treat the disease successfully.

Those are just examples of the possibility of having doctors from different factions/governments share/acquire and for propaganda purposes help even in enemy territories.
Naturally the doctors will be loyal to their faction/governments, and they should be able to move about back and forth within limits if there are any imposed. But unless they are really spies, then they should hold some diplomatic immunity in all factions.
Doctors as a whole should be regarded as neutral personnel. But of course, they can find themselves in hostile hands if stories wish to go that way.

I basically would like for all doctors from different factions to recognize that doctors from other factions are not the enemy, and all have at least a similar oath sworn.

Just some thoughts/ideas.
I think this could open up and lead to really good story-lines.

☤ Golden Heart, Cold Hands ☤
[member="Ayda Elisantra"]

For sure!

I had very similar ideas and plans for Aes'ona, plus Alacrity Clinical has a few unaligned/cross-fac people (coincidentally, they're both interns).

For where her story is currently, Aes'ona works with First order soldiers and civilians, but I would like to branch her out to being more "neutral", like you said, while still an FO officer. We could work on a story together to do that, or something similar, if you'd be interested at all.

Yes, that would be the idea of this group to write stories pertaining to working outside our factions with other doctors [member="Dr. Aes'ona Terrani"] .

This could even apply to invasions, take overs and aftermath of sieges and battlegrounds. In battlegrounds it's quite common to treat the enemy wounded too and not just the captured/surrendered enemy, but those wounded in the battlefield during the conflict. A doctor should provide humanitarian aid to everyone.
I'm thinking in close quarter combat when rushing to aid own troop, you stumble upon a wounded enemy.

Wow..the possibilities are amazing.

I was once involved in a zombie virus like outbreak on one of my old boards and my task were to comfort the infected. And one of my other duties were to sever the cerebral cortex upon the patient transitioning from death to un-dead. I did a piece involving a child and it was a pretty emotional scene to write.

I'm glad you had similar plans for your character concerning a group, as now we can work on getting our ideas to become stories. :)

[member="Labkahip Mordulla"] , what would you like to see?...what are your ideas on this?

Oh my God! My old Jedi Master Healer I was interning under. Why didn't you tell me you where a healer here too?...did you? Lord, I hope I didn't forget? :(

Would you believe I just applied for a location too?
You would freak out. Here is the link Allied Tion Medical Center and yes on the system Lianna.

Didn't you just love our zombie outbreak story we did? I think it was one of the best board stories ever! :)

Anyway, as far as getting Jedi healers on this too, YES!!! The more Centers the better instead of just having one central one. This brings diversity and exactly the med exchange knowledge that I was talking about. It lends more feasibility to the stories. And each group could even discover new cures and procedure and then exchange cross train that knowledge.

Prepare for your... examination.
I don't really have much to say on this matter as both of you seemed to have given all possible interesting and ideas that could work IC, and are the most agreeable, I kind of like the exchange program thing you said which works well with me and [member="Dr. Aes'ona Terrani"] as we are from allied faction, perhaps combining that with faction invasion thread but also other medical problems that are ragging in the galaxy, like the zombie outbreak or similar things you talked of before. [member="Ayda Elisantra"]

Alderaan also has a Medical Facility that is a teaching hospital so there are many opportunities for interaction and story.

[member="Ayda Elisantra"] I remember it all...lol we had such fun. We could do things like that again here and get more players with us.

[member="Dr. Aes'ona Terrani"] [member="Rianna Ar'klim-Organa"] [member="Labkahip Mordulla"]

I'm very exited about this venture with all of you. Don'thesitate in bringing ideas in and possible open role plays that are currently going on where we can enter.
I think we should work on getting something established board wise where if any doctor, healer or intern is in said universal group that they will have a sort of badge or symbol indicating medical neutrality...like the Red Cross kind of thing. Hell, maybe even the Red Cross.
We should try to bring that up when we decide on the symbol to be recognized board wise. It doesn't mean untouchability, no. We can still be detained, kidnapped and caught in cross fires and have to run for our lives, but it should provide us with an 'in', to invasions, take overs and evacuations threads where writers will recognize who we are and take it from there if they want.

Note: it may seem this character is not often on line, but that is because it is a sub-character to a writer who is on line on a daily basis. The writer is very active in RPs, but not overwhelmed. I'm committed to this. :)

[member="Jaster of Clan Awaud"] thank you and yes, every doctor should at least think of registering and become part of a medical network of some kind. If anything, it could also open up avenues of dialogue between warring factions that otherwise have closed their embassies. Doctors crossing such barriers can help open up those closed doors again...or we have some doctors doing prison time behind enemy lines..lol
All good however it's written. :)

[member="Rianna Ar'klim-Organa"] I understand that and as I stated, I don't expect un-touchability for those who are part of said association.
I also mentioned that doctors from Imp factions could have been assigned to participate under their governments' propaganda campaigns. It still does not dull the idea of say The red Cross or doctor exchange programs, but adds to the diversity and makes it more realistic, like here on Earth. :)

Governments here on earth contribute to such causes and a lot of times for Public relations, or propaganda initiatives. Still in the receiving end, unfortunates still get some aid, rather than no aid.

I'm aiming to hopefully get such an association or group from many factions to make up something like The red Cross or Doctor's Without Borders' even with political implications and restrictions.
In many instances, doctors of various governments work together despite political orientation. That is the idea, :)

Slamdingo

I'm the pretty one
This reminds me of a project I'd intended to do on another Star Wars board. My character at the time was a conscientiousness objector of a Mandalorian (during a time in the board when the Mango warlords were wanting to start a fight with anyone with a pulse). The goal was much the same: a group that would be treating a Stormtrooper's sucking chest wound while he lay next to a rebel trooper who was standing by for surgery. Basically the idea being that flags, nationalities, and factional alliances stopped at the flap of the field tent and the only ideology allowed past was one of wanting to help people.

If such a group currently exists then I'd be interested. Or if you manage to get some of the basic work of one put together, then I'd be tempted to put together a character for it.

[member="Dead Saint"] , that is the idea.
But please don't wait by the sidelines for it. I would appreciate everyone who is interested, in coming up with a working plan. I don't intend to lead this, but be an equal participant.

It is something by which we must all agree and build together. It is not a faction, but like you said; doctors that adhere to their oath and code before political orientation.

If this is something many have thought about but didn't pursue due to lack of interest, now is a good time to give it that step you had held back. I've written this character on another board as an intern and enjoyed every thread. I've also wrote extensively, Jedi, sith and Imps on other boards. So this is not just a fleeting idea and call. I do want this off the ground and to prosper. :)

Slamdingo

I'm the pretty one
Oh I don't doubt your convictions. Far be it from me to imply such.

My main issue is I just finished making a character on my return to the site. I'm not wanting to over-extend myself.

I'd also suggest we do some formal OOC organization. If nothing else: a roster of writer and character names might prove necessary to better coordinate things. Not to mention perhaps helping to arrange threads or participation in larger-scale combat threads as non-combatants.

Also fear not: I'm already entertaining the scheme of a general surgeon. With a charming British accent, of course.

Well, that's just stereotypical of a SW character to have a British Accent now, isn't it? :p

Wonderful! All levels of Med experiences and characters would be awesome in that group. It would take the already level of existing tensions that although all are fighting to put aside, it still however cannot be ignored. Each doctor from different factions would still somewhat remain biased toward their own. Its human nature.
Well, except for non- human doctors...then that human trait is out the port window. :)

Good idea of a list.
So far as it stands with those who have interest and possibly commit are:

@Ayda Elisantra
[member="Dead Saint"]
[member="Jaster of Clan Awaud"]
[member="Rianna Ar'klim-Organa"]
[member="Labkahip Mordulla"]
[member="Dr. Aes'ona Terrani"]

Also, does anyone know of a good page layout artist that can make said group page for us when the time comes to execute it?
I'm no web page maker. But I don't see asking someone to make it now, not until we're a certain go.

Slamdingo

I'm the pretty one
I'm half-decent with BB Code but I'd hardly slit throats for the privelage if someone more competent with Chaos's (often infuriating) auto-completing/filling system came along.

[member="Ayda Elisantra"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom