Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Species Matanga

Status
Not open for further replies.
BEoU78y.jpg

6oNJkMM.gif

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
  • Intent: To create Atrisian elephants
  • Image Credit:
  • Mysia
  • Lord of the rings
  • Canon: N/A
  • Permissions: N/A
  • Links: N/A
GENERAL INFORMATION
  • Name: Matanga
  • Designation: Non-Sentient
  • Origins: Atrisia codex Atrisia wookiee
  • Average Lifespan: 300 years
  • Estimated Population: Planetary
  • Description: A massive beast from the ancient jungles of Ukiyo, the Matenga has three eyes, two massive trunks and enormous tusks. It is not something easily trifled with or encountered which is why it is mostly on the ancient southern continent. Their foot are lightly padded making their movements softened even though their massive bulk will come crashing down they are never uncomfortable being on their feet. The three large eyes give a very detailed but narrow view as they are unable to turn their head to look behind them. Their stature is massive making them one of the largest creatures in the forest with the bulk to match which makes them prized in ancient conflicts where large companies of soldiers could be moved or they were used as siege transportation.
PHYSICAL INFORMATION
  • Breathes: Type I
  • Average Height of Adults: 30m
  • Average Length of Adults: 34m
  • Skin color: Grey with some variations to it as it can be ligter or darker as they age.
  • Hair color: Coarse white and short.
  • Distinctions: The males have twin trunks and two tusks while the female generally have four tusks and one trunk. Their ears denot their age as the younger then are the larger the ears with the older ones having them closer to their head and looking smaller.
  • Races: N/A
  • Force Sensitivity: Non-Sensitive
Strengths:
  • Massive: The Matanga are massive herd beast that roam the ancient southern continent of Atrisia comparable in size and slightly larger then a first order all terrain armored transport. They can trample most ground based forces they are put against.
  • Trumpeting: Their trunks auditory output can rupture eardrums with a decibel level of 210.
  • Tusks: Densely packed on a molecular level, their tusks are very valuable and have a strong resistance against lightsabers.
  • Hide: Their skin is thick and tough... kind of it is much more like a fireworm where initially it can take a strike but will quickly deteriorate under multiple strikes.
Weaknesses:
  • Size: Their massive size is as much a benefit as a problem, the largest of them and even most of the teenagers weigh far to much for transportation on the planet. The sheer size of them makes them almost exclusive to their home continent of Ukiyo.
  • Poachers: The qualities of their tusks are often considered valuable leading to many trying to poach them for their tusks. This has made their population harder to find off of the southern continent.
  • Hide: Their hide is thick and protective... mostly more akin to fireworm scales where a strong enough blow to an area will break the skin on successive blows. The first is blow protected but the skin breaks and leaves it more vulnerable and exposed.
  • Eyesight: Their three eyes are largely forward facing with majority of their body in a blind spot as their heads cannot turn around enough to see their backsides or even their sides.
CULTURE
  • Diet: Omnivore: Largely plant based in their diet but known to in times where food in scarce eat other Matenga or creatures of Ukiyo. It is rare to see an outright flesh eater and over consumption can make them sick as can ingesting toxic plants.
  • Communication: Trumpeting blasts
  • Technology level: N/A
  • Religion/Beliefs: N/A
  • General behavior: Generally regarded as gentle giants... the Matanga are not entirely docile but they are not going to outright attack. They will warn with a sound from their trunks, they wills stomp but unless something attacks them they will generally just swat it away and not give chase. Threatening the children within the herd could be the exception to that as they are kept in the center to be protected from man of the dangers of the southern continent. With the people they are largely left alone to roam as the southern continent is dangerous and the ancient land bridges that connected have been lost... they are no longer domesticated as siege engines able to move soldiers to the walls of fortresses and cities.
HISTORICAL INFORMATION
Ancient and found primarily on the dangerous southern continent. They were once regarded with awe... with reverence as evidence by the statues that have been found. The ancient land bridges that connected and have been shaped by the first civilization allowed them to be moved around so their bones have been discovered. When the land bridges were destroyed and swallowed by the sea some were stranded, when Ukiyo was isolated and became overgrown by the jungle and the darkside. They were secluded, ancient mosaics of them being used to cross the mountains in long forgotten wars. The depiction of a siege in the Nhai mountains between two of the kingdoms. One of the more a dangerous phrases that had been found denoting who would rule and control the planet. "Tsuyoi kata e" Translating from ancient Atrisian roughly as "To the Strong" something that has seen many try and weaponize the beasts of burden... transporting them away when they are first born and much much smaller.

The centuries since the first saw Ukiyo become more and more isolated with random clans trying to lay claim but few ever managed to get far into the interior fo the continent. The dangerous creatures, the flesh and bone eating parasites... bacteria infested waters and cannibalistic darksiders who killed anything that came close to the ruins saw to that. So the Matanga became more of a myth you might be able to see from the shore towering above some of the trees. Therare brave soul who went into it... who sought to steal some away usually found the smallest to steal away and killed the adults harvesting their tusks to sell or trade. When offworlders came to the world and discovered them dozens perished trying to launch a safari into the heart of the jungles and find them to add a trophy to their collection but very few came back. Plagues that went to the people of Atrisia endangered them as sickened flesh from the Taeki poisoned them.

In the more recent centuries and years their population has started to rebound and swell on the continent. Since they can observe them through drones and from orbit rather then having to send teams down into the jungles. The Atrisian biologists have worked to make sure they are regarded as a protected species on the planet. Their tusks being something very valuable to those who have studied them and those who might be able to capture one and hone the tusks into a weapon or piece of armor. The Taeki are one of the only groups on Atrisia who have been able to domesticate them as mounts and creatures that can move through the large mountains of the jungle. When they are younger they can be ridden but as they can getolder they can be used to move and clear trees or carry lodgings for several to be in as they migrate around searching for food.

Last edited:
Junko Ike Junko Ike

I'm always a fan of cute elephants haha. Overall, a nice job. Just a couple of questions.

Size Matters: I know that the "Image" doesn't always reflect the submission accurately, and that's okay, but I wanted to double-check. Mûmakil/Oliphaunts/were only about 10-13m big and Mysia were small enough to be used as steeds. Under strengths, we note that:

"Massive: The Matanga are massive herd beast that roam the ancient southern continent of Atrisia comparable in size and slightly larger then a first order all terrain armored transport. THey can trample most ground based forces they are put against and their auditory output from their trucks can rupture eardrums with a decibel level of 210."

An AT-AT is about 22m (72ft). The Mantanga 35m (114ft). They aren't really comparable in size. They're a lot bigger. Is that what you intended? You also might want to fix the sentence I bolded for you.

Hide: Their hide is thick and protective... mostly more akin to fireworm scales where a strong enough blow to an area will break the skin on successive blows. The first is protected by more to an area is highly weakened.

General behavior: Generally regarded as gentle giants... the Matanga are not entirely docile but they are not going to outright attack. They will warn with a sound from their trucks, they wills stomp but unless something attacks them they will generally just swat it away and not give chase.

The red portions above either don't really make sense, or, there's a word swapped. Instead of "trucks" I think you mean "trunks".

I would also suggest checking the History for typos and any unfinished sentences. Beyond that, the end of the history suggests that these beasts were used as mounts. Maybe when they were small? But it would be almost impossible to do that as fully grown adults unless they were treated like the Mûmakil and people didn't actually ride them.

Another cool submission! Just a few things to look over, then give me a tag, and I'll try and get you on your way. Thanks!

Junko Ike Junko Ike
xD - I mean if you waaaaant to throw down with sonic trucks I could be convinced. :)

Not to worry - I just have an eye for it is all. The parts I was referring to are these:

Trumpeting: Their trucks auditory output can rupture eardrums with a decibel level of 210.

General behavior: Generally regarded as gentle giants... the Matanga are not entirely docile but they are not going to outright attack. They will warn with a sound from their truncks,

I just figured I'd let you know since I was looking. If you'd like me to pass it I can - But that might make some people do a double-take for a moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom