Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Master Vote: Taryc Ap'Irae

So Taryc has been around a while, done somethings. I've had the pleasure of doing several threads with her. Every month or so Faith and I discuss people in the faction or that we write with about Knighting or putting them up for Master Votes and this time she came up. In my opinion she's a good writer, excellent character, like what I've seen so far.

Here is her Thread Tracker at the bottom of her Bio.

[member="Elpsis Elaris"] [member="Garith Darkhold"] [member="Joza Perl"] [member="Kaili Talith"] [member="Rianna Ar'klim-Organa"] [member="Tai Fa"] @Others

Bit iffy, because of the relatively low post and thread count, but at the same time I am a firm believer that the writer should have the end say about their own character progression.

So, [member="Taryc Ap'Irae"], do you want and believe you should get this promotion? If so, why do you believe that?

[member="Tai Fa"]

I do want the promotion, it has been a goal that will open a large amount of options I would like to have Taryc go through once she gets there.

As for if I believe she deserves it?

I don't know. She has done a fair bit of stuff, but compared to some it is a drop in the bucket. I would not want to get it at this point if that act would make others of the Master rank feel invalidated. It honestly wouldn't change much in her role plays for a little bit, as I'm having her learn and grow organically.

I am a dinosaur and my opinions on Mastering might be a little out dated. Based on what I do know…

378 posts, This is a bit low. I do not know if there is a recommended number on Chaos this is below the recommended number that I had used to gauge for voting. It was a recommended number and it was sometimes over looked.

Writing fine...

Interactions with others, fine…

IC Developed History; yes, is it developed enough IC yet?

Has been a member since 2015: That is defiantly enough time to develop IC and OCC relations.

Conclusion: With her upstanding activity with the Chaos I can overlook the recommended post count. Her posts does not reflect her tenure her at Chaos. The only thing I would have like to see more of is IC development. I have though seen people that have achieved the rank of master with less. My vote…

Yes

I've roleplayed with [member="Taryc Ap'Irae"] extensively since the Kaeshana Rebellion. She's a very good, well-written char with a riveting story, believable personality and real personal struggles.

Her quest for redemption has been a good read and very nuanced, since it is an actual quest and struggle. She's been a great asset to Firemane and I believe she'll be the same for the FWC. OOCly the writer is very fair, takes hits and and puts a lot of thought into their work.

Re post/thread count, it's more on the low side, though at the same time you can be a master with more than a thousand posts and dozens of training threads and yet not manifest the qualities I'd consider required for masterhood. What you actually do in those posts means more than their number.

That said, personally I think it might be best to wait a bit. She was knighted about two months ago and I think she could benefit from some further IC development. Say wait for one or two months, give her more opportunity to show her mettle. That's my personal view. If she gets the rank, I don't believe it would 'invalidate' anyone's master rank.

I actually spoke with [member="Tefka"] and I asked him about post count. I told him Taryc had 378 posts and he felt that was sufficient. I agree with everything that has been said about the character.

A character is always growing, changing looking at new challenges. I think the character could use a bit more, but I also think she can handle the level of Master. The writer has shown to me the ability to balance judgement, creativity, and fairness. As well as a willingness to take on a position with the community which benefits everyone.

I would say yes.

I'm going to say yes, though I can honestly go either way on this. I would like to see a bit more development, but becoming a master doesn't mean you hit the character dev ceiling. I will admit that I'm biased because I've seen enough of Taryc's writer to know that she'll continue to develop regardless of her rank :)

I've got 4 to 1 listed here not including myself.

As a note, I've never given much care for post count in regards to being a Master. I've seen people on both ends of the spectrum and I take a very lax attitude when it comes to putting people up for a vote. I'm a fan of putting names out there for folks to discuss about what they feel qualifies or disqualifies characters from becoming master.

All in all, light on posts overall, lighter on develop than any of the Masters that voted here in this thread but excellent writing and good solid content.

I feel that's enough to kick it upstairs and see what they say. [member="Jamie Pyne"] (She's the first one that came to mind)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom