Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Master Nomination Vote: Zaiden James-Greyson

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
My personal criteria for nominating someone for Master in the Fringe is fourfold.

a ) They give me a full list of their threads, with emphasis on training given/received, and dominions/invasions/faction threads.

b ) They get a staffer to clear them as drama-free for at least three weeks.

c ) They give me a Master project, something big that they've done.

d ) They fight a Master and do a good job of it.

Zaiden has, to my mind, fulfilled all four criteria. His thread list is found here. I vote yes.

@[member="Spencer Jacobs"] @[member="Dranok Lussk"] @Tricia Kalamack @[member="Anara Valnor"] @[member="Anaya Fen"] @[member="Dharma Vessia"] @[member="Mikhail Shorn"] @Valik

Please vote 'yes,' 'not quite yet and here's why,' or 'abstain.'

Lord Ghoul

L
Not quite yet:

With great power comes great responsibility. I think Zaiden has put in a ton of work and I applaud that, however, I think there is much to be said for a writer recognizing that their character has reasonable limits. And I just don't see that yet.

@[member="Zaiden James-Greyson"] - Not Yet:
I vote Not Yet for you, Zaiden. I really, really enjoy the content you put out and admire the effort you put into developing your character, but getting promoted to Master is an OOC deal too. I think you're a great guy and all OOCly, but maturity plays into my decision. Logic does as well, I've seen some threads and discussions that were pointless and I don't enjoy seeing those from anyone.

Don't take it too hard, I'd just like to see you grow a little bit more until I can call you a brother :)

Matreya

@[member="Ashin Varanin"], can I get a favor. If Zaiden gets another "abstain" or "not quite", can we just lock and archive this? I already am extremely bummed by this.

And in my defense, I admit I have started threads etc that end badly, but in which way does the sites response equate to my maturity? When it comes down to the head of things my only real issues have been factory based. That's because I'm a IC fighter. And being as is, my last statement covers explaining my view on Zaiden's power, as most of my characters are warriors I want them to be the best naturally. But anyone whom has RPed with me recently will have seen I have taken everything everyone is telling me, and done my best to take it to heart and let it effect my writing. I'm just bummed that 5-6 months (can't remember exactly right now) is all flushed away because of the way I rp AND the way I am OOC.

Also, let me just say that no I do not take it personal, nor do I feel I need to gather 50 of my friends with pitchforks and torches, but it does make me feel confused, as I'm left wondering what's wrong with the character next. As what is the point of RPing if evolution isn't in the picture?

Matreya

Thanks a lot, honestly I'm glad I got at least one more person who feels that way, but I believe unless it's changed, only Masters can vote. @[member="Elijah Rowlin"]

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
@[member="Zaiden James-Greyson"] - Two things to note, bud. The first is that EVERY SINGLE TIME I've seen a vote shift towards 'not yet,' they've gotten a yes vote the next time their name comes up. The second is that Anaya abstained from both votes because she's an RPJ and can only vote in one round.

Matreya

@[member="Ashin Varanin"] Honestly from my own experience, I believe I saw the same. But that still leaves it to question. It took 6 months to get here. Do I want to wait another 6 for the next?

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
@[member="Zaiden James-Greyson"] - When I say 'the next time' (and I HAVE seen this happen before), I mean the next nomination usually comes up in three to five weeks. Anaya Fen got denied her first time; so did Val'Ryss Zankarr, and others I could name.

Matreya

@[member="Ashin Varanin"] I believe I was here for Anaya...didn't she deny it herself (after the vote) also saying thanks but she wanted to be a knight more anyway? Either way I don't mean to sound like a baby, or rude or ungrateful. Because as already stated, just to get your vote to begin with, that was worth it. But still, now that my son has come into the picture my posting has slowed immensely, save the occasional down time..I've seen how absolutely difficult it can be to get to this pointalone.

I may be being pessimistic anyway.

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
@[member="Zaiden James-Greyson"] - No, Anaya got a few yes votes and a few more not-yet votes, and then posted asking to be removed from consideration until the next round. You are far from the first.

@[member="Zaiden James-Greyson"]
Hey man, RP progression is all about OOC maturity and attitude as well. It applies to each and every promotion, FU or NFU. I would have never got Master, not even Knight, if I didn't progress as a writer. I was horribly immature when I started here, goofing when I shouldn't, doing things that were wrong, and a few more. But as I progressed and got in with the right crowd, I could literally see myself growing. We don't pick Masters just because you've done tons of IC stuff. In my eyes, it's all about attitude and how you carry yourself.

That being said, I'm not outright calling you immature, I'm just saying that I'd like to wait and see you grow some more. There's a reason why me and Mikhail both put Not Yet instead of No. We're telling you to try again, not just outright rejected you of getting promoted. Just RP some more, talk to everyone you can, make more friends, stay out of arguments and crap, and I won't hesitate to approve you. I'm not doing this because I don't like you, I think you're a pretty great fellow, but I'm doing this for you so that you'll earn this rank instead of just getting it.

I'm waiting to see what he does in our duel before I vote. But he has out in the work and leaning towards yes. But from this conversation I've decided to wait till after our duel if that is alright Ashin and Zaiden.

As for mastering. Zaiden I waited a year to have Spencer mastered on another board. It's about progress and gaining everything you can.

Sorry for double post. But again I feel you are ready you're extremely active and I love that and you're willing to help in any way you can. To me that's a writer who's ready for master ooc and ic. :)

[is to lazy to change alts]

I voted yes, your interesting... Not bad or as bad as you could be but once we saw you not making flavor of the week tech (the batsuit) or just direct rip alts it got pretty interesting. You have a skill that could be abused and don't abuse it (though in the dominion you seemed to do cloaking, concealment and mindspeak all of which take concentration alone). Keep up the good work and improvement and my vote will stay the same always.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom