Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Master and Apprentice

dgxmq14-4d2aaa93-542a-4548-a4d5-8abe8fb38b16.png

TAGS: Jasper Kai'el Jasper Kai'el

dgxmmvv-a37f840b-d383-4727-8658-db139c0bb7ca.png

Braze frowned not seeming to believe Jasper but never the less he reached out towards the object with the force.

As the ancient holocron activates, a gentle hum fills the air, and the shimmering figure of Master Shae'lan Vosara, a Zhenxi Togruta, appears before them. His long silk robes flow around him, intricately designed with an exotic motif that speaks to a rich and storied culture. The robes ripple as if touched by a gentle breeze, their elegant and flowing design making them seem almost alive.

Adorning his head and the vibrant montrals and lekku are golden chains and jeweled pieces, catching the light and sparkling with every movement.

With a calm and resonant voice, he greets Braze:

"Welcome, seeker of the hidden truths. I am Master Shae'lan Vosara, guardian of this ancient holocron. As you engage with this archive, let it guide you to a deeper understanding of the Force.

The path of the Jedi requires more than discipline; it demands harmony with the universe and a commitment to peace. Remember, true strength lies not in power but in wisdom and balance.

Your first challenge is to embody the following wisdom: 'The tree that bends does not break.' To do so, you will undertake a test of endurance and focus. Assume the horse stance—a foundational martial arts position where you stand with your feet wide apart, knees bent, and thighs parallel to the ground, as if sitting on a horse. You are to maintain this stance for four hours.

During this exercise, concentrate on the flow of the Force around and within you. Meditate on resilience and adaptability, using your breath to maintain calmness and concentration. This task will challenge your physical endurance and your ability to remain mentally composed under prolonged discomfort.

Successfully completing this challenge will unlock further wisdom within this holocron. Embrace this opportunity to strengthen your connection to the Force, and demonstrate your readiness to advance on the path of the Jedi.

May the Force guide your heart and enlighten your mind as you step forward into the legacy of the Jedi, embracing the challenges and triumphs that await."

Braze frowned at that. "He's insane," he stated simply. "There's no way in the whole of the galaxy anyone could maintain a horse stance for that long."

Master Shae'lan Vosara's holographic form steadies, his voice taking on a firm, authoritative tone as he addresses Braze directly. "Young apprentice, to dismiss this challenge hastily is to underestimate the path you claim to walk. In the teachings of the ancient masters, as in the Force, one finds that true mastery comes not from complacency but from enduring the fires of discipline and hardship."

He continues, his eyes narrowing slightly to emphasize his point. "The wisdom contained within this holocron has been earned by those who have shown not only skill but unparalleled perseverance and mental fortitude. It is not simply handed over; it must be won with sweat and resolve."

Master Shae'lan then shifts his tone slightly, incorporating a challenge centered around personal growth and discipline. "Prove your dedication and discipline, both physical and mental, demonstrating unwavering resolve as a true disciple of the Force. Let this challenge reveal the depth of your commitment to mastering its teachings."

His voice softens, offering encouragement along with the challenge. "Show that you are earnest and humble in your quest, not just a dilettante of the Force. Let this challenge test your dedication and measure the depth of your commitment to the Jedi teachings."

Braze frowned and looked at Jasper. " Can you hold a stance that long?"

Sacorria
Tags: Braze Braze

QMYkguM.png

"Oh."

Jasper frowned, taking in the sudden info that had been devulged by the holocron. It seemed... Well, perhaps the slightest but extreme. What did breaking your legs for four hours prove about your commitment?

" Can you hold a stance that long?"

"If I wanna hate myself I might get an hour," he muttered. "You know what? We'll worry about this thing later."

That was a much better idea. Chances are, he wouldn't be letting Braze do such training alone. That ment it was probably a bad thing for him as well. Breaking his legs to get into some stupid record didn't sound like a fun time. He'd see about jail breaking it so they could get around the weird and absurde physical restriction.

"Not very inclusive to beings without legs," Jasper added. "Imagine a Thisspiasian needing to get into this thing."

"Your focus is misplaced. The endurance required is not just of the body, but of the spirit. This test is not solely about physical exertion—it is a gateway to understanding the deeper essence of the Force. It teaches resilience, discipline, and the capacity to transcend one's limits. Those who cannot endure the discomfort of growth will never grasp true strength."

The gate keepers voice was relaxed yet measured.

"The path within demands more than casual commitment. It is a path of sacrifice and rigor. Flinching at this initial trial reveals a lack of the ironclad discipline we prided ourselves on in my time—this tender-palmed generation seems diminished compared to the steadfast seekers from days long past.

Consider this: the greatest warriors of our time and the ancient masters who came before, all embraced such rigors, and it has tempered them for the honor of mastery. Such temperament is essential for true command of the Force."

He cautioned raising a finger as he spoke his tone lightly chiding before offering a pleasant smile at them.

"And be mindful of your words—wisdom adapts to all forms. This holocron offers equivalent trials for those of different abilities and forms. It is not the body that is being tested, young man, but the spirit within. Will yours falter at the first sign of hardship too?"

He asked his voice taking a critical edge.

"Young man, I commend your ingenuity and willingness to seek unconventional solutions—such traits are valuable. However, while creativity is to be lauded, circumventing the true spirit of these trials misses the essential purpose they serve. This is not solely about solving a problem but about enduring it, transforming through it. You must not only confront challenges, but be willing to embrace them in full, allowing them to forge your character and discipline. Bypassing this process, no matter how cleverly, detracts from the very growth it is meant to foster."

Sacorria
Tags: Braze Braze

QMYkguM.png

"That wasn't an invitation for a lecture," Jasper remarked with a frown. "Not in my house. My spirit has been tested in ways that would break the mind. I don't need to hear anything more from you."

Jasper turned away, beginning to clean up from lunch.

"Everything has an answer, and the right answer is only what you make of it," he stated. "Character and discipline is a shallow mindset to catagorize actions, and your perception of what that means is influenced by how you were raised and what you were told was right. Not that it isn't hard for an old and wise master to assume a younger individual is beneath their wisdom. Frankly, I don't much care either way."

He began wiping down the grease mark left behind on the table.

"I know the mantra of your kind," Jasper scoffed. "Suffer. You must suffer. Only suffering will give you the willpower to ignore your emotions and become perfect and spiritual. And when you're done? Seek out more suffering. Perfection kills young Jedi, and dead Jedi save no lives." Jasper gives a sigh. "But one who cannot break themselves over and over again without perservering is simply weak, right? The real test of spirit is out there in the real world, not in a databank. You're just too sheltered to see it."

The gate keeper chuckled hearing this. Could Holochrons laugh? "Ah, your passion is as fierce as any flame in the galaxy young man. It amuses me, truly, how ardently you challenge the traditions—perhaps there's a lesson in that fervor for us both; were I not but a record snap shot in time.
And yes, I concede that much of our wisdom comes packaged in age-old doctrines, possibly seeming detached from the 'real world' as you experience it. These principles have survived the ebb and flow of ages, shaped by countless lives that have spanned the cosmos. Know that the principles we uphold have been shaped by millennia of both contemplation and direct confrontation with the darkest corners of existence. Your experiences are valid, young seeker, profoundly so, but they are only a small part of a larger picture. "

Master Shae'lan Vosara spoke with a reflective tone as he continued, "You view trials of discipline as outdated practices. You perceive this as suffering; a tale as old as time and song as old as rhyme from the lips of the nu-initiated. But suffering, it is not. It is a trial of resolve and resilience in the face of adversity—a test placed here with good reason. The path contained within, to Dance The Shadows, demands utmost resolve and discipline to embark upon. This is a safety measure, designed to ensure that the great power this path leads to is only attained when the apprentice is truly ready, not before."

He continued, emphasizing the necessity of these trials: "No amount of complaints will circumvent these safety measures, put in place for good reason, to satiate the over-eager desires of an impatient pup who shies away from hard work. It would be unwise and unsafe to forego these precautions. The trials you face here prepare you, not just in skill, but in character, to handle the profound responsibilities of the power you seek. They are not obstacles; they are essential steps on your journey to master put in place as is tradition for those who undertake the path of the Shadow Master. "

Master Shae'lan Vosara's holographic form would flicker with a stern, almost foreboding intensity as he delivers a final warning to Jasper:
"Let this serve as your final admonition, young seeker. Your continued insolence not only undermines your potential growth but also risks the integrity of the lessons housed within this holocron. Respect the wisdom of those who have walked this path before you, lest you find yourself bereft of the guidance you so desperately seek."

Braze watched the exchange intently, his brow furrowing at the mysterious and unfamiliar dialogue. The concept of the holocron, with its stern and elusive guardian, intrigued yet puzzled him. "The Gatekeeper's being kinda... gatekeeper-y," Braze commented, his tone a mix of amusement and skepticism. He glanced sideways at Jasper, seeking reassurance or perhaps confirmation.

"Why did my father leave me a holocron? I thought only Jedi and Sith made these?" His voice carried a hint of wonder mixed with a dose of doubt. The holocron, with its ancient secrets and cryptic lessons, seemed out of place in his less mystical, more straightforward world.

"Do you think it really does have important information in it?" Braze continued, his gaze returning to the flickering image of Master Shae'lan.

"Could there be something more, something my father knew that needed protection or a special way? Four hours in a horse stance, huh? Maybe they just ran out of practical ideas and started picking dares out of a hat."

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom