Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Master and Apprentice

bbfbc388751a2efe6f5f5f6f3225be97.jpg
O B J E C T I V E: MEET THE MASTER
Tags: N Nyxeris
It was a strange feeling to begin as an apprentice once more. Lilanna had to hope it wouldn't be like her last experience, that would just be downright unpleasant. She strode forward, unflinching in her step, though there was hesitation building within her. Her last master had turned her into a cybernetic freak of nature, and as she moved to meet her new master here, the holoshroud she had worked into her armor gave the illusion of her unmarred face. She had no idea what laid before her, what grueling encounters she would be faced with, nor how hard she would be forced to work to prove her worth to this new master. She only hoped it wouldn't be too difficult.​
She stood in the center of the garden, finding there was no one near by, the only sound being that of a tranquil water fall, and the rushing currents of the fountains. It was peaceful, tranquil. She felt like she could fall asleep here and now. One could only hope she had arrived in the right place, else her placement as this woman's new apprentice might be at risk.​

oFmkOzR.gif

CHOOSE
Much to her surprise, Nyxeris approached her openly, rather than some attempt at being subtle. It wasn't something the former Sith had expected, but her life of torment had conditioned her for worse. The hooded figured removed her hood, and Lilanna was struck by her beauty at first, merely staring, eyes wide at the figure before her. A small defensive wall formed around her mind, hoping that the illusion she had crafted would hold. She wouldn't want to expose her monstrous features in the presence of this woman. Though she felt that Nyxeris wouldn't be fooled by the technology, not if she was a master.​
Regardless, as enthralling as this woman might have seemed, Lilanna was weary of throwing herself into the service of another. Darth Levo had demanded such things of her as well, and truthfully, it had nearly destroyed her. The man fixated on pain, torment, and anguish. It was one of the most painful encounters of her life breaking out of his grasp. Now, this woman asked her to do the same, but the approach was different for sure. Lilanna looked to her, eyes scanning the woman's form cautiously.​
It was funny. She had come from a line of slavers, and yet, it was she who had been the slave for much of her life. Now here she was, being offered the collar once more, and was about to accept it. Ironic. "Lady Nyxeris, what you ask of me is difficult. If you know of me, then you must know of my past as of slave. Both for the Sith, and as one of them. Submission to another is...against my nature." She said plainly, taking a step towards the woman, her eyes lingering, the hologram flickering as Lilanna's finger hovered over the kill switch for it. "But, I need guidence to find my path again. If...it requires surrender to another, then I hope this will not be a decision I chose to regret." She finished, kneeling, as the hologram faded. She kept her head low, trying to hide the nature of her augmentations, as she had placed herself in the service of this woman, all in the hope that she might one day be whole once more.​
"I will serve you, if you will have me."

oFmkOzR.gif

BOND BY OATH
Lilanna wasn't sure what to expect, but it certainly wasn't her master placing her hands upon her. Being told to rise, Lilanna looked up to the woman, uncertainty came over her for a moment, but she rose as her master commanded. Only one thing puzzled Lilanna, what did this woman want from her? She said she wished to see Lilanna's power utilized, but to what end? And for who's gain? It would have to be revealed in time. Not now unfortunately.​
Lilanna viewed herself a weak candidate for apprenticeship. Her implants weakened her connection, and her own changing of the dark side to...something else had caused her power to dip significantly. Yet, Nyxeris desired to have her as a student. It was puzzling for sure, but Lilanna was patient. She would see how this woman wished to treat her.​
Nyxeris desired unflinching loyalty, and Lilanna would give it so long as it wasn't cruelty she was rewarded with. She had undergone too much of that. She had suffered far too much. Her head bowed, understanding what was asked of her. She doubted that whatever this woman could do to her wouldn't be on the same level as Darth Levo. She doubted very much anyone could be as cruel as that sadist. Looking to Nyxeris, Lilanna felt compelled to ask, her mind filled with questions. "What is your bidding, master?"
Now would begin the first of many days of apprenticeship. Hopefully the results would be worthwhile, for both parties involved.​

oFmkOzR.gif

TWENTY QUESTIONS

The woman's correction left the former Sith puzzled truthfully. She'd have to remember to use 'My Lady' for now on. Perhaps it was the last bit of Sith within her that was holding on, yet another thing she had to let go of. Nyxeris walked away, moving along side the floral arrangements, to which Lilanna fell into line; unsure if she was expected to, or if this was some weird test. Levo had done something like this, but that nutcase impaled his hand with a vibro knife; nearly did the same to Lilanna when she hesitated. "Yes, Lady Nyxeris....? Or, Nyxeris? I..forgive me my lady, this is a difficult adjustment." She admitted, bowing her head, but not faltering.​
The first part of training was questions, and boy, did Lilanna have many of them. So many infact, she wasn't sure if it was wise to ask. There was hesitation within her, like a flower that wasn't sure if it was right to bloom just yet, her head tilted to the side, uncertainty within her eyes. Lilanna told herself it was okay to question, this wasn't like the Sith, she wouldn't be punished for questioning. There was no punishment reserved for knowledge. She was silent for a moment, gathering her composure, her hand idly moving to grasp at at flower that dipped a bit too close towards her. Nyxeris had her beat by a full head and a half in height, so it was a tad odd to look up at the woman and not be stricken by anything other than appreciation of her features. Much different than her last master. Very much so. "Why are you willing to take me as an apprentice? My deformities make me a lesser force user, my power is limited, and no one else wished to use me. My past master only had me as an experiment, to overcome my weakness with pain, and..." She stopped herself, pulling herself back from those dark days to focus on the question at hand.​
"And...you, you aren't of the Sith, and I know nothing of the jedi, but you aren't of their following either. I..tapped into the darkside for so long now, and the lightside is unknown to me. If we go down this path, Nyxeris, where do you wish to take me? What...path will I walk with you?" She had wandered as a lost traveler for so long now, she desired to just know where the destination would be once she was done.​

oFmkOzR.gif

CONTINUE TO PRY
Her worries were no existent as of now, as she felt she was more of an experiment of sorts rather than a tool. Well, not in a negative context, but rather that she'd have her own freedom when it came to developing her training and ability. It was an odd way to place their partnership, but in truth, it was a relief for her. The last time she had been told she had unrealized potential, it hadn't been a fun experience drawing that out from within herself. "I understand, Nyxeris." She didn't fully understand, but she wasn't sure that she was meant to.​
"All I have known is the Darkside, and the Sith. I would like to be free of such teachings, of such harsh ways. If you would permit me." She wanted to be free of the pain, the self hate, the torment. She wanted to be truly free of her anguish. Yet she knew not how. "My powers are...not at their peak, but I do possess abilities that might be considered rare." The warden would focus for a moment, as her body became translucent, Lilanna took her hand and put it through her shoulder, before quickly removing it. Her form becoming physical once more. It was a bit of a drain to use that power, especially in that manner, but the warden wished to show what she was capable of. In truth, it was the only gift she felt she had in her deck, her fighting skills were average, and her abilities as an infiltrator was questionable given her appearance. "It takes a bit out of me, but in time, perhaps it will show more potential." She admitted, falling in line behind her master, as Nyxeris affirmed a belief that Lilanna kept secretly to herself. They would form their own path, and no one would be able to oppose them.​
Smiling slight, Lilanna stepped behind Nyxeris, bowing her head in agreement. "As you say my lady. We will make our own path." Perhaps this would be the road to healing she needed.​
Or the final torment that would be required to break her spirit.​

oFmkOzR.gif

GIVE AND TAKE
Nyxeris told her to value the ability, and indeed Lilanna did. It came from the most unlikely of places, learning how to escape the torture devices of her previous masters. Though, there was one thing she had yet to learn how to overcome, but there was no need to speak of that. It rarely showed itself now a days. It was a gift she had, one she was hesitant to show to others. Though, she had yet to fully find a way to use it in combat, she had certainly benefited from it's usage.​
"Indeed I do."
She responded, her arms crossing as she felt a bit of tension at recalling her first encounters with the power. She was still quite a bit reserved, if not emotionally crippled inside. In time, she hoped to work past the damaged core that her master had warped her into. Perhaps in time, she would.​
"I can only hope so, my Lady."
Indeed trying to channel force lightning had proven to be too dangerous, the last time she had done it, her suit nearly killed her when the life support systems overloaded. She was certainly ready to find her own path, to learn her own way forward, rather than grasping at whatever line was tossed to her by a third party. No one had seemed to care about her, Lilanna, which was why this meeting with Nyxeris puzzled her. Was there truly that much potential in her?​
Nyxeris spoke as if the implants she had been bestowed with were not merely limitations, but extensions of herself. Something that Lilanna had fought against for some time, but perhaps there was wisdom there that the younger woman hadn't thought of.​
"Then you possess a knowledge I do not, my lady. This metal, these devices, only dampen what I feel. You mean to say there is a way to make it more than mere circuitry?" There was the sound of hope in her voice, in spite of the vocabulary that made her sound as if she was half droid at times, Nyxeris had sparked something within the woman with her encouragement.​
Hopefully she wouldn't let her down.​

oFmkOzR.gif

LEARN TO UNLEARN
Lilanna would look on, clearly perplexed as her master took a seat, motioning for her to join. Was this another test? Some sort of mental conditioning? She paused for a moment, as if trying to decipher some unknown variable, before giving in and joining her master. Right, meditation. She certainly knew how to do that. Right? Lilanna nodded, glancing to Nyxeris, as she tried to mimic what the woman was doing. To her astonishment, there was no infliction of pain that came with this sort of meditation, which gave the warden a small bit of relief. Closing her eyes and exhaling, Lilanna allowed herself to calm.​
The stress and anxiety that had well up within her was pushed out, driven in and out like a current, taking away the worry and bringing in a sense of elation in response. Her mind and body slowly began to separate, her head becoming more clear, though she still could feel her new master close at hand through the strands of clarity that lingered about. It was for that reason that Nyxeris' words did not fall on deaf ears, as Lilana listened to the technique in question. Mechu Deru? It wasn't a power that the warden knew of, then again, there was so little that Levo had informed her, Lilanna felt as if most the galaxy had been deprived from her. She did as she often did when using her force phase, gathering the force within her, and storing it up. She assumed that to tap into the power of her cybernetics she would need to do something similar to how her phasing worked.​
Now, she would wait for her master to instruct her, unsure as to what the next step would be.​

oFmkOzR.gif

DON'T DREAM YET
She felt something strange when Nyxeris touched her mind. Before, it had been a terrifying ordeal when mind contact was formed, her past masters used it as an exercise to test her mental power, to try and break her with their malice; often times they did. It was like taking a hammer to a stone, smashing it until it was left with hardly any semblance of itself, and blaming it for being struck in the first place. This however, it was different. She felt as if she was being lead into warm water, a gentle hand holding her firm, not forcing her, no, guiding her, nurturing her. It was...unussual, but a great comfort. She felt her sense of calm deepen, being taken under whatever spell Nyxeris weaved, her mind becoming a mere echo to whatever her master wished to impress upon her.​
She was told to listen, and listen she would. It was a strange thing, to feel as if electricity was humming within your being, her soul felt as if it was part circuitry now, and she...felt okay with that. Concepts, understanding, feelings, things she hadn't even thought possible began to click into place in her head, she felt as if she was having her world flipped upside down. Not violently, but slowly, almost as if someone was trying to rearrange the chaos she had felt for so long into a complete picture. Something that didn't terrify her.​
The sound of electronics bubbled up, welling from within her, a slow low buzzing that rose decibel by decibel. It was growing, and at Nyxeris' warning, Lilanna knew a decisive moment was arriving. But she couldn't panic, she shouldn't panic. That would ruin it all, conflict with the nature of the force at work. So she clung to that sensation, the water, the hand that guided her down this river of knowledge, and forced herself to calm.​
The two did meet as Nyxeris said, and when they did, Lilanna tugged at the force, unsure as to what it would bring about. It scared her half to death. For a moment, she felt as if her body was whole, the missing sensation on her face returned, she felt as if she could breath with the tug of her respirator, she could see out her right eye without the blackened lenses of her face plate; then in a flash, it was gone. She was left puzzled, coming out of the trace, feeling her face as if she was trying to find it. She looked to Nyxeris, her one eye welling with moisture, wondering if what she had felt was real.​
Had she found that what she longed for? That which would make her whole once again?​
She waited with baited breath for Nyxeris to tell her so.​

oFmkOzR.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom