Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mass Effect: Andromeda (E3 Trailer)

[member="Mak Manto"]

I'll admit the music threw me off, but now that I think about it how are there humans in the Andromeda Galaxy? And what about the other aliens like turians and all? Are we not going to see them?

[member="Salaza"]

The blurb on the bioware website says it's far in the future, so I am assuming some tech was developed to allow them to travel there or some Reaper tech let them get there. I'd assume we see all the races we know and love and maybe some new ones.

[member="Taryc Ap'Irae"]

Oh I do hope it's the future, and far enough to where we don't have to remember that horrible ending. I mean the director's cut fixed some things but still! lol

[member="Salaza"] [member="Taryc Ap'Irae"]

Near the end of the video, when we saw the fighting occurring, several things rose out of the desert while a firefight was happening. What I'm thinking is that those were buildings or structures of some kind and that this is, in part, a colonization game, in which you're building up new worlds and defenses against an unknown hostile alien species.

What I'd like to know is how they're getting around Mass Effect's 3 ending.

Either way, this has the making to be the greatest game of the decade or a MAJOR flop.

[member="Mak Manto"]

Exactly. I mean thank god Dragon Age is still going and had a pretty good 3rd game to make up for DA2. (Which I didn't hate, but still thought it could've been better) I really hope they don't turn this into something ridiculous because they're on thin ice after ME3's ending at this point.

Sawa Ike

The Dark Matriarch Darth Shōjō
Mass Effect 3 already got past Mass Effect 3's ending. Assuming it is in the future around the time the storyteller is telling his grandson about The Shepard. They can ignore the end and leave it ambiguous as to what happened since it is all myth and legends.

The game itself well here is hoping. I think I have become jaded with trailers. They are always cool and feel epic but some/most don't tell you the game itself. So wait for them to do the video's hopefully like they did for the first three games showing classes and gameplay. Also hopefully they'll bring in a seventh class as a generalist with a balance between all three fields. Doubtful but never know, they could take the skyrim approach and let you build your skills how you want.

skin, bone, and arrogance
Hard to get excited about Mass Effect that doesn't involve Shepard. And with the way the Mass Effect series has gone so far (in terms of diminishing quality of story while improving gameplay) I'm certainly not willing to get my hopes up about... whatever this nonsense is. It may play well but I'm not sure Bioware has it in it to create a decent ME game again.

maybe there are some doubts but i say dont knock it until you try it. might play fun and be a lot more interesting than it currently looks :) its worth a shot

They've been pretty clear that it's not Shep. The last I heard (not sure if it's a rumor or what) but somewhere in the range of a thousand years in the future. A Krogan has definitely been confirmed. The other races? Wait and see.

As one of the few people that didn't completely hate ME3's ending (5/10 at best IMHO, but certainly not the abysmal 0 some folks paint it as), I'm actually curious to see how they deal with the story moving forward. I definitely like the idea of ancient advanced cultures becoming myths and legends, but if that's the case, how did N7 survive? Has that become a legendary symbol? I suppose only time will tell. I try not to judge too harshly before the game comes out.

My hope is that this new entry in the series will return to the much more open-world feeling that the first Mass Effect had. Or open-galaxy anyway. I definitely like the idea of space cowboy. Not enough sci-fi games have that kind of feeling to them.

It looks like the planet textures have been adjusted greatly in order to ease the Mako's handling, which is nice, I just hope they actually make it purposeful instead of driving around looking for... minerals... I'm no geologist.

I thought a prequel would have made a much more interesting game, but, with these entertainment companies and their constant rehashing of old series, I suppose it can't be ruled out.

I really didn't want a prequel. We know what happened with the Reapers and the Protheans, with them losing. Even if you go, "Hey, what about a prequel with Humans discovering the mass effect relays and having the First Contact War and their introduction into the Galaxy," I'd still say no.

I think a sequel is the best way to go.

well from EA central there is a video about a survey
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XGDd2VHKkxU

as to whether all of that stuff is real I do not know but... the timeline sounds strange and interesting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom