Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Marketplace and Auction House Feedback

[member="Danger Arceneau"] I love the Market place! As soon as I opened up my shop two people who I might not have ordinarily met to sell anything bought some of my stuff (as Triam) :D Though shortly after that I dropped out of RPing completely so other than that I don't have much experience with it.

However, if I were to suggest something, I'd say that we keep the Black Market black and have all that illegal stuff outsourced to minor factions dedicated to it like the SSB you have going. But that's just my opinion, as it may be more practical to have the marketplace all-inclusive of such deals, or subforumed with a little twist on the rules to make it fit the genre.

Thanks for the ideas and feedback folks! Keep em coming.

I'm also thinking of doing like in the SSB and putting up an "Index" pinned thread, detailing the various types of businesses and hyperlinking their market thread to make it easier to find companies that have products you need.

Official SSB Bazaar Expos and Auctions will still run approx either once every four months or twice a year. Depends on how things go.

SSB may also highlight a specific business once a month? I dunno how to work this in, but just ideas floating in my mind. Maybe get it pinned so people can see it highlighted.

Jsc

Disney's Princess
Works fine. The ability to acquire Restricted Materials outside of Roleplays is a very strong buff to any character's inventory. My only speedbump was when a Companies Menu offered no descriptions of their items. Only links with incomprehensible titles attached. Naturally, I don't shop there anymore.

I am very much enjoying it. :D

The idea of a Black Market is certainly appealing but it brings to light something I've noticed over the past several months.

In the Restricted Items list for things such as Phrik and Songsteel, there are certain RP requirements in order to obtain them. Some of these requirements actually have nothing to do with the item in question, but are merely there for fun and to get people writing with other members outside of their own circle.

[SIZE=10pt]My question is, with a Black Market where something like a Personal Cloaking Device, or Songsteel ore, or anything from the Restricted Items list could then be feasibly purchased - what happens to the necessity of these objectives? Have these objectives been rendered obsolete regardless? I've seen items pass through factory containing Phrik, for example, that had neither the objective thread or a clearly defined dev thread, whereas the Phrik Ore was merely purchased or procured through payment by some means. This essentially nullifies the RI Objective list, and while it adds a sense of real-ness to the appropriation of these sorts of items, it also has made these items far less rare and far easier to obtain. The Black Market will only increase the market saturation of Restricted Items, as I can't see it being used for much of anything else.

Is this a bad thing? Is it a good thing? I'm not sure. Perhaps what I'm searching for here is clarification of what is and is not required for these items, and perhaps a need to take a fresh look at the RI list, it's objectives, and how they currently fit with present day community dealings.
[/SIZE]

And for an on-topic response: the Market Place in general I have found to be a unique offering of SWRP and people really seem to enjoy using it. Great idea and great work there for the team. :)

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
Lorelei Darke said:
I've seen items pass through factory containing Phrik, for example, that had neither the objective thread or a clearly defined dev thread, whereas the Phrik Ore was merely purchased or procured through payment by some means. This essentially nullifies the RI Objective list, and while it adds a sense of real-ness to the appropriation of these sorts of items, it also has made these items far less rare and far easier to obtain. The Black Market will only increase the market saturation of Restricted Items, as I can't see it being used for much of anything else.
As a side note, though there have certainly been gaps in enforcement, we require anyone who bought a restricted substance to be able to link to the valid development thread where it was first obtained by whoever.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom