Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Marketplace and Auction House Feedback

So it has been about a month with the new Marketplace and Auction forum, and the Factory staff would like to get some feedback from the community about it.

What do you like about it? What are some improvements? Is there anything perhaps that you would like to get clarified?

Constructive criticism is more than welcomed, as this is a work in progress.

Thank you very much.

Wretched Vampire
I had an idea that might be interesting (or irrelevant!), which would be to have an ITT system/template.

Where a medium to large organisation could put out an invitation to tender and companies could competitively provide best price for an existing or bespoke solutions that meet their requirements.

It might be a silly idea, but I thought I'd mention it :D

Another thing I would like to toss out is if a desire for a “Black Market” forum is there. South Systems Business Bazaar was the original inspiration for this Marketplace, to include the “veiled assets” forum that would provide members to be able to look for illegal and questionable goods in a Nar Shaddaa promenade space provided by Danger.

It is currently in the South Systems Business Bazaar Minor faction, but would people like this to become a focal point in the main page of the marketplace?

The main difference, in my mind at least and of course, there is always room for improvement, is that this is a forum where actual roleplay is conducted to find the illegal goods you so desire.

An info broker, chem and bio warfare drugs, slaves, information… a “Looking for a certain type of *item* “ deal. Could also be the area of the various clubs and entertainment companies we have, providing an on going venue for any shady dealings.

Does this sound appealing?

Rhys said:
I had an idea that might be interesting (or irrelevant!), which would be to have an ITT system/template.

Where a medium to large organisation could put out an invitation to tender and companies could competitively provide best price for an existing or bespoke solutions that meet their requirements.

It might be a silly idea, but I thought I'd mention it :D
I know I'm a visual woman, haha. If I may ask a favor, can you provide a example of the template you are envisioning for this.

I'd truly appreciate it.

Wretched Vampire
[member="Danger Arceneau"]

It would look something like this (trying to keep simple):

ITT Name: Describe the type of product you are after
Background: What is the background of your request, why do you need this item?
Tender Response Form: How do you want companies to respond? A full draft of a tech sub/existing tech, a general outline of how they will meet the requirements
Form of Contract: Is this a one off purchase, or are you after on open contract to supply a catalogue of items. Do you want a maintenance contract?
Evaluation Criteria: How are you going to pick the winner? Choose from the following options:
Cheapest Compliant Bid - whichever supplier meets the mandatory requirements and gives you the best price
Weighted Selection - You will make a decision based on a number of factors. Bids must still be compliant with requirements, but you will choose based on: reputation of supplier, the optional extras, the quality of the response.
Requirements
Functional Specification: What outputs do you need from the service? This could include for example: the range of classes of ship you want, the function of the ship, the armor penetration of the weapon.
The following are set terms to be used:
Buyer - the term used for the organisation putting out the tender
Supplier - the organisation that may supply with product
Must/Shall - this is a mandatory requirement and must be met
May/Should - this is an optional requirement (a "nice to have")
Example: The Supplier's ship Must be of the Frigate class
The ship Should come with an advanced sensor package capable of rapidly locking onto snubfighters as full velocity at maximum range.
The ship Must come with an advanced sensor package capable of rapidly locking onto snubfighters at full velocity at half range.
Each requirement should be on a separate line to make it easier for the potential suppliers to respond.
Other Requirements: Do you need the company to adhere to certain types (Class, not from a region you're at war with, a history of delivering similar technology)
Is this a long term project or an Urgent Requirement. Fast turnaround for bespoke items will incur additional costs.
You could require training from the supplier for your new technology (at cost)
You might require the supplier to provide items for acceptance testing events (at cost)
Do you need the supplier to make changes to the item to meet future requirements? (at cost, provided as a quotation in response to a request for change)
Example: The Supplier Must provide sufficient documentation and training for the Buyer to carry out repairs/maintenance at shipyard X
Example: The Supplier Shall provide two vessels for a testing/acceptance event at a location chosen by the Buyer three months before final delivery.
Quantity: How many of the item do you need? (More = cheaper) Do you intend to buy all up front, or a regular number at specific delivery points
Example: The supplier shall provide 10 vessels within three months of the prototypes passing acceptance tests/trials.
The Supplier Must then provide a further 2 vessels every 6 months for the remainder of the contract

A supplier (hopefully more than one) would then provide a response to show they meet the requirements and a price (via PM). Alternatively they may ask clarification questions to ensure they meet the requirements.

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
[member="Rhys"] - I've been pondering how to go about that for a while, but I don't have the IRL expertise to make it work. Something along those lines, maybe made just a hint more accessible, would be pretty sweet.

A definite YES to the black market.
The Auction house is ok, but after the stunt that [member="Ayden Cater"] pulled, people seem to like it less and less. Honestly, except for reading through this one, I can't say as I have any opposition to it. My only suggestion? Have proof mandatory. Actually, never mind. I can make more money if you don't. :D
The Marketplace is, in my opinion, amazing. Although I haven't bought much, besides equipment, it's nice to have a place where I can go to get a ship, or a blaster, or a new coat.
All in all, I like it. I just think it still has room to be exploited improved.

Rhys said:
[member="Danger Arceneau"]

It would look something like this (trying to keep simple):

ITT Name: Describe the type of product you are after
Background: What is the background of your request, why do you need this item?
Tender Response Form: How do you want companies to respond? A full draft of a tech sub/existing tech, a general outline of how they will meet the requirements
Form of Contract: Is this a one off purchase, or are you after on open contract to supply a catalogue of items. Do you want a maintenance contract?
Evaluation Criteria: How are you going to pick the winner? (For example: cheapest compliant bid, or most bang for buck, or based on reputation of supplier etc)
Requirements
Functional Specification: What outputs do you need from the service? This could include for example: the range of classes of ship you want, the function of the ship, the armor penetration of the weapon
Other Requirements: Do you need the company to adhere to certain types (Class, not from a region you're at war with, a history of delivering similar technology)
Is this a long term project or an Urgent Operational Requirement (UOR). Fast turnaround for bespoke items will incur additional costs.
You could require training from the supplier for your new technology (at cost)
You might require the supplier to provide items for acceptance testing events (at cost)
Do you need the supplier to make changes to the item to meet future requirements? (at cost, provided as a quotation in response to a request for change)
Quantity: How many of the item do you need? (More = cheaper) Do you intend to buy all up front, or a regular number at specific delivery points

A supplier (hopefully more than one) would then provide a response to show they meet the requirements and a price (via PM). Alternatively they may ask clarification questions to ensure they meet the requirements.

This looks really good. Thank you Rhys! Definitely will bring this up with the other fellow Company Judges to see what they think!

Matreya

Love the idea, as said we need proof of items or a solidified rule that that could be visibly be seen stating 'fakes' are accepted. Black Market...

BLACK MARKET!?

BLACK MARKET!?!?!?

I approve

So far I have very much liked this. it works well for alot of the characters that I have and as such, I find it helpful.

A black market would be nice for more Restricted items that would be harder to find.

and cheers to [member="Rhys"], for his idea. it would definitely work for the Market to have this.

Wretched Vampire
For the ITT/ITN (to tender, to negotiate) obviously this would be for significant contracts for an organisation of a hundred people to a whole government. It would then form a contract (typically a set of schedules that form the response) so it wouldn't be something someone could back out of without legal problems.

In real life this would be a process of man-years of effort to put together the ITT on the side of the buyer, and man months to put together a bid in response on the part of the supplier. We can only do an OOC summary of what would be huge efforts IC.

I'm adding a little more detail above.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom