Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Marina DeVoe

Marina DeVoe

Not a flight attendant... just a risk.
Name: Marina DeVoe

Birthplace: New Alderaan System, Mount Citril Manor (DeVoe Manor outpost is on Mt Citril overlooking Adian Pass)

Gender: …seriously? sighs Ok fine…human. points to self… in original gender.

Eyes: 2…er... I mean, blue. Blue eyes like the skies of Northern Alderaan.

Hair: Blond...natural and no one can prove different.

Height: 5' 4" without heels.

Build: Slim, slender (claimed image; Sienna Miller)

Occupation: Currently a legitimate Pilot/Transporter (not a smuggler) . Studied Political Sciences but before committing to settle down in that field, I wish to explore the galaxy. So yes, I'm slumming for now.

Ship: Small freighter/transporter jump ship. No offensive, nor defensive weapons. As such, it only has upgraded hyper-drives and quick maneuvering sub-light engines.

Affiliation: New Republic subject, Alderanean citizen

Interests: Human history/archaeology

Education: See bio below. But basically a Dr in Political Science.

Strengths: Wits and innovation…somehow I seem to manage keeping my head on.

Weakness: Non force user. No weapons…I’m Alderanean descent, a practicing pacifist....and Lord knows I need a lot of it.

Bio:
Marina's birth place was at her estate home on Mt Citril, located in the Aiden Provinve of Northern Alderaan.
House DeVoe had once been established and thriving well back on beloved old Alderaan, before the system of Alderaan had been destroyed by the then Galactic Empire under the tyrany of Emperor Palpatine, as history tells us.
Here, since the tera-forming of New Alderaan, House DeVoe once more established itself as one of the Great Houses of New Alderaan. It had first been erected as a defensive outpost over 4 centuries ago on Mount Citril overlooking Aiden Pass. The same mountain region that would later become a Province overlooked by House DeVoe to this day. Mt Citril had at first been a strategic location at the time, during the Great Rebuilding and since, it has remained a governing house over the providence.
Born 2nd daughter to Duke Adrian and Vivian DeVoe, Marina was primed to follow suit in her family tradition of perusing public office as a representative of her beloved Aiden Province in Northern Alderaan. The DeVoe estate was one of which dreams of mountain top castles were made of.

Being the youngest daughter of two (older sister Katie), is one reason Marina has been allowed to temporarily stray from the family obligations of keeping court, following the finish of her education. It was not that she was held at a lesser value than her elder sister, it was more of the influential part of her grandfather whom had taken to her spirit to have the family give some quarter to Marina in following her heart. It had been obvious early on in her childhood that her heart and sight were set on the stars. Her grandfather indulged her and she had kept that fire, that wonder of the Galaxy throughout her years both at home and in schools to someday travel among the stars and see the wonders of the Galaxy with her own eyes and not through simulated holograms. So as her studies abound and never faltered, she was not denied her heart, her dreams. Completing a doctorate in Political Science, she was gifted with a new jump ship through the avenues of the DeVoe's Citril Enterprises, an off world holding. A shipping transport company to be exact.
It was of no surprise on how quickly she took to her ship and learned even faster on navigation. It was apparent that she was a natural. As thus, after only a few months and several solo test jumps, she was given her wings and with her father's and grandfather's blessing; left the DeVoe nest.
But strayed she from her family's sight not too far, as she was still engaged within the family; as an employee in the Family off world business interest, Cetril Enterprises.
So as Marina worked for the family company, she got a chance to explore and follow her interests. But her duties eventually will be calling her to settle down and behave like a Dutches on Alderaan. As was her promise to her family for the gift of freedom to explore and follow her heart.

Education:
Marina was home schooled up to the age of 10.
Thereafter she attended Grixton Preparatory till the age of 16.
The University of Aldera at 16 on Alderaan...along with Ov Taraba; a satellite Universaty of Aldera, also located on Onderon.

At 16, Marina finally entered Alderaa University. There, she attended for 2 years (with the equivalent of three, as she attended year round with no vacation), studying political science and law... following her family tradition of diplomacy and such.
At 18, she started to take much interest n ancient civilizations, and as thus, transferred to the University of Timb. There, she continued to study law, but also doubled up with extra studies on ancient civilizations, which Timb was renowned for. She attended Timb for two years. (again, equivalent to 4 years with no summer vacation breaks and extra classes also)

By the time Marina was ready to enter Ov Taraba at 16, two years later; they had sucessfuly reclaimed all their rightly family holdings, and looked into starting up a new family business.

At 20... She transferred for a year, studying anthropology on Tibrin…
At 21…The Corulag University of Economics, preparing herself for a career outside diplomacy…
At 22… Marina went to The University of Coruscant; deciding to finishing up her degrees in law and politics, acquiring a doctorate in the process.
By 24…She finished at The University of Charmath…rounding up much of her own interest in ancient history, before going back to New Alderaa. At 24 years of age and with a doctorate degree in law and political science Marina was primed as Governess of Aiden Providence on New Alderaan.

The House of DeVoe had several off world estates, family holdings, and a shipping company by the name of Setril Enterprise. This Marina took to take a few years off from stepping up to her duties as a Governess daughter over Aiden Province. She took to helping with the off wold shipping business quite well. It suited her desire to travel and examine old ruins on many systems that Setril Enterprises was contracted to service. In the two years that Marina worked for her family owned company, she learned to be a proficient pilot and navigator...loving the freedom of space travel and exploring.

Mariner IV: Marina's current transport jump ship. Full specifications to follow soon.
It has however, no offensive, nor defensive weapons. In one of it's bays it houses two smaller short range jump crafts...also neither are armed.

o9EVqZu.jpg

More to come.... still need more editing and ...uhm...and stuff..

My previous writing history is over a decade long and have been a member of that guy's crabshack (lol..that's T-G-C), Circle of Healers and various other Y_ku boards along with SW Tales/EPIC...etc

Last edited:
Hey!

Just two points, and I am definitely not an admin of any type.

Firstly, The game is set 850 years after the battle of Yavin, so you might need to adjust your timeline and place of birth.

Also, most folks put their bio in these posts, you could have it in your profile too if you want.

Looking forward to seeing more of her.

Marina DeVoe

Ah Ok, thanks.
Hmm.. *hand to chin, rethinking her timeline* ...then I'll make Marina an Alderanean descendant from the survivors that were off world at the time of the system's destruction. 800 plus years later, the family should have built up a corporation or such.
Hmm... should be able to run with that idea.
Thanks for the tip, Maris.
Hope to meet you IC soon. :D

Marina DeVoe

Hi Rianna. :)
A mutual writer mentioned that you were here. I didn't think I'd be back writing, but I couldn't stay away from it. I revisited the old boards but.... everyplace has just disintegrated to just dusty remnants. Hope I can make a good home here. Just have to adjust my character and timeline.
have been going over a few details and I don't foresee any problems making the transition.

So, Alderaan in this Universe was rebuilt 400 years or so ago... I can run with that. *thumbs up* Thanks for the link. :)
Just now getting the hang of navigating through this board. Will be writing soon. Hope to be getting to meet the new Rianna soon. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom