Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Planet Manetuwak

Status
Not open for further replies.
planet_tutorial_test_by_alyn.jpg

Name: Manetuwak

Region: Outer Rim
System: Tuwak System
Suns: 1 G-type Main Sequence Star
Orbital Position: Habitable zone, orbiting the gas giant Tuwak
Moons: None, it is a moon.
System Features: The system features multiple asteroid and debris fields throughout as well as rather large ion clouds often preventing external sensors and electronics from working within or through them.
Coordinates: Between Soledad and Rakata Beta
Rotational Period: 18 standard hours
Orbital Period: 240 standard days

Class: Terrestrial
Atmosphere: Type III
Climate: Muddy, murky, and damp in every lowland area, though the higher mountain ranges are often dry and cold, while the very poles are a series of frozen archipelagos.
Gravity: Standard
Primary Terrain: Murky swamps and open wetlands, icy desert mountain ranges, and frozen island clusters at the poles

Native Species: Tuwak
Immigrated Species: None currently
Primary Languages: Tuwakian
Government: Tribal
Population: Tuwakian, sparse compared to Galactic Standards.
Demonym: Manetuwakian or Tuwakian
Major Imports: Precious metals and stones
Major Exports: Medicinal ingredients, toxins, and occasional adventurous Tuwakians.

Affiliation: None

Major Locations: Lowlands, uplands, and polar regions.

Culture:

The planet's culture entirely revolves around the Tuwak species, which is quoted below:

Tuwakian culture is primitive, yet complex. The species is oriented around village and tribal life, with each population center sporting its own king, village leader, or tribal warlord. Each leader is put in place however the village or group deems to do so with most being placed in power by inheritance such as royalty and some being elected into power. Regardless, the leader holds absolute authority over the village and is responsible for the village and villagers' well being.

Within each population center can be found a Shaman. Whether a single individual or a small group depends on the size of the population, but even the smallest of communities has access to at least one Shaman. The Shaman oversees the spiritual well being of the community and acts as an intermediary between the general population and their gods. While many are Force sensitive, it is not required to have such abilities in order to be a Shaman.

Outside of these two groups, the rest of the population falls into general groups. Most of the population are hunters and farmers while in the larger population areas one can find artisans, craftsmen, warriors, apothecaries, and much more.

The species is mainly separated into three groups.

The Lowland Tuwak are the most populous as the majority of the planet are, in fact, lowlands. The race is known for the predominant green or brown coloring of their hides and are mainly a race of farmers and hunters. In larger villages, towns, or the few cities that can be found the Lowland Tuwak generally occupy most manual labor tasks, though some can be found as artisans or even warriors. Often, they are known for being excellent trackers and, in fact, most apothecaries are Lowland Tuwakians.

The Upland Tuwak are known for living at the base and foothills of the few mountain ranges on the planet. They often sport more vibrant and bright colors than their lowland brethren and are often seen as more adventurous in many ways. Most are artisans and craftsmen that work with the elements around them, though some can be found as merchants or in other roles such as hunters, farmers, or even warriors.

North or South Tuwak are a rare sight outside of the poles of Manetuwak. Their hides are very dark green or brown, often seen as a black coloring. The regions of their homeland have few natural resources and life there is very harsh. Most take to raiding and pillaging nearby villages for supplies and are often known as great warriors. A few are known as artisans or hunters, even as merchants, but most found in the Lowlands or Uplands are often warriors employed by local leaders or the wealthy.

The three races generally get along in most areas, though occasionally some unrest is found. This usually is quieted by the Shamans as disunity among the Tuwakians generally is deemed to displease the gods.

Technology: Primitive
History:

Manetuwak and the gas giant it orbits, Tuwak, are only recently discovered in the galactic community. Hidden away behind ion clouds and asteroid belts, the planet resembles a brown and green ball of mud and slime. Below the clouds, however, are many creatures including the Tuwak that reside there.

As of now, very little contact has been made with the planet as the populace there is extremely primitive. Most of the population are unaware of the galaxy at large, much less their own regions, towns, and villages.

As a result, there is currently very little interaction between the galaxy and Manetuwak outside of a brief scientific report, a bit of contact with the indigenous population, and a blip on the galactic map.

It is important to note that the planet was apparently affected by the same phenomena occurring throughout the galaxy where untold numbers of individuals went missing. However, how the entire population handled the events is unknown, though communities near where researchers had been located during the event saw an increase in religious activity as the indigenous population swarmed to temples laden with offerings and gifts. Whether they saw the events as the end of the world or as a sign from their gods is currently unknown, but is hoped to be revealed in time.

Notable PCs: N/A
Intent: I wanted to make a test bed, of sorts, to make more natural and holistic ways around things rather than using just the Force or technology. I figured that, in time and with patience, I can do that with this planet while also giving the board unique items, substances, and opportunities within the bounds of the Factory and Codex.

Arrbi Betna said:
Typo here, I believe you intended to write sparse.

You get a pass on the Gulag plague since it was only discovered quite recently, but could you please mention how the Netherworld event affected the planet? Do that and this gets my stampy stamp of approval.

[member="Anja Aj'Rou"]
The netherworld event was always fuzzy to me as I never participated and most told me it was completely within my rights to outright ignore it, which I did. I've never been certain of whether it affected all planets - past, present, and future - or just the ones in existence at the time. I've subbed and had approved one planet that didn't reference either as it was also only recently discovered. Would it still affect this planet at all?

[member="Arrbi Betna"]

No problem, I honestly didn't participate in it much myself.

Essentially 'roughly half' the galaxy disappeared overnight, so most people just add a line or two about how the planet's populace was in Chaos during the duration of the event. It gives members of the board an idea of how a world was affected by a board event, even if it's not critical to their roleplay experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom