Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mando Finesse (Mandalorian Dominion of Serenno)

Gae'celic Alor, Master Beskarsmith
Mac stood back and watched @[member="Strider Garon"], 'So, an old dog can learn new tricks. While he wasn't here for more than part of the security team, Mac still was ready should he need to be called upon. Besides, he was hoping to strike a good side deal for both his pub, and they Oyu'baat...

He did speak up though, "Well, Count @[member="Auron Stross"], in all t'e years I've been alive, I 'ave never seen anyone be conscripted. As well as we train our own warriors, as well as t'e regular army, if conscription is warranted t'en we are most likely fig'ting for not only all our planets, but survival of our people. I know you don't know me, but I can safely say t'at conscription is the least of any worries you may 'ave under our banner."

@[member="Sabrina Kotass"]

@[member="Strider Garon"] @[member="Sabrina Kotass"] @[member="Auron Stross"]

Ordo had about enough. He could feel the dark side of the force all over this place and the loss of his cousin only served to make him more angry. Did he have a problem with darksiders? No not inherently, but the chance that a rich count or countess was a Sith in diguise made him want to fight.

He pulled off his helmet and calmly clipped it to he belt. His scarred face had obviously not been gained in deliberations. He walked up and looked toward Sabrina his jaw working and holding back his initial thoughts. He turned to the older Man of Serenno.

"We can draw up documents finalizing all agreements for your consideration." Ordo said, "then we will have everyone's honor in writing."

Taa Nul

CEO of Kamigen Incorporated
Count Morcus strolled over to Count Stross, nodding his head politely. ''The terms of the Mandalorian clans are quite agreeable, and with their backing, Serenno would be quite protected from any threats to our borders........forgive me for my lack of introductions, however. I am Count Veril Morcus, a pleasure to make your acquaintance.....''
@[member="Auron Stross"]

@[member="Mac O Shenanigans"] | @[member="Ordo"] | @[member="Strider Garon"] | @[member="Count Morcus"]

"Then I am content. Now that we've cleared all that up, allow me to be the first to say that I, for one, welcome our new Mandalorian Overlords." Auron said, nodding curtly to those who had answered. His irreverent tone made it dubious as to whether or not he really meant that. "Now if you'll excuse me, in order to forget that I have unwittingly prostrated myself to the likes of Mandalorians, I'll require an unholy amount of alcohol."

He was prepared to turn and make his own way down to the cellar when he was approached by Count Morcus. Stross narrowed his eyes and his face became host to a distasteful scowl. He held no love for this less-than exemplary piece of Serennian nobility. The exiled Count had a lot of nerve coming back here, even moreso if he was in the company of these brutish Mandalorian "diplomats." Was that why Morcus was here? To sell out his planet? Disgusting.

"I know who you are, idiot. Just because I've gone belly-up for these bloody apes doesn't mean your exile is overturned. I suggest you find a door, move through it, and pray it hits you on the way out. Because if it doesn't, I will."

It would have been evident this was merely bluster on Stross' part, if he hadn't suddenly brandished his cane like a cudgel for dramatic flair.

Taa Nul

CEO of Kamigen Incorporated
The Count scowled. ''I was exiled because the other Counts considered me too powerful! I looked after my people, led them to prosperity, and they tore it all down! I am tired of being blamed for no wrong!'', he'd say, deep anger, with a hint of sadness, in his voice.....he was telling the truth, he had done nothing to deserve exile.
@[member="Auron Stross"]
@[member="Ordo"]

Sabrina saw @Ordo, looking at her he passed her, she could tell he did not recognizer her. Though she could tell, he thought he seen her before, but could not place where and when. She did not stare at him, as that make him realize she notice him too. Then came @Count Morcus saying, how good the manalorians terms are, and how they should accept them. What type of cur was he, roll over with out a fight, without even trying to see if you could get better terms, for his people.

Then she smiled slightly as @Auron Stross spoke to Count Morcus, telling him, that he still a traitorous cur, and this changes nothing. Then she realized even he concurred, but begrudgingly so. This left @Count Aretine who she was here to help, with one less ally in the room, she hoped the other`s would at least try negotiate better terms. Failing that, accept them for know, and seek allies to rebel against these brutes, at a later date.

As the good count had allies, beyond this world, as them allies are what summoned her here in first place. She decide to only go head with her mission, if the count still sanctioned it. As if they agree terms, her mission may jeopardize every thing, and even if successful, changes nothing.
@Strider Garon

"Enough of this."

The Count's face had contorted violently by this point, with all the nauseating discussion happening around him. Anyone who was sensitive to the Force could feel the massive waves of the Dark Side surging within this man, so much that his eyes, now glowing red embers, could not keep his power and rage hidden any longer.

"I don't know who I am more sickened by. These Mandalorians who offer terms in the form of base threats, or the cowardly Counts who kowtow to such ludicrous demands. Especially you, @[member="Count Morcus"]. You repulse me. You shame your heritage in bowing before these men. You are a disgrace to your title!" His last few words echoed resoundingly throughout the room as his voice grew.

Then, softly, after a second of containing himself and turning towards @[member="Strider Garon"], "No deal. This is not a meeting. This is a shakedown. The Great Houses of Serenno do not bend the knee for any man. And we certainly do not bend the knee for petty thugs."

Aretine removed the glove on his right hand, and tossed it at the feet of @[member="Strider Garon"].

"As befitting the honor of the Great Houses, you and your clansmen shall be allowed to leave the premises and return to your ships unassailed. After that, it will be difficult to guarantee your safety."

@[member="Garrus Garon"]

"I think your brother is gonna try and sell his dick pills again."

A rare smile crossed the young man's face."I don't think you understand what we had to go through, there. The Dark Harvest was evil, horror, fear, incarnate. It was everything we feared, brought to life. The undead. Loved ones coming back. It was awful. And to be honest, it didn't really end with me."Preliat said, letting his cigarette drop to the ground.

Fool, brave, but still a fool. Strider thought to himself as he eyed the angry count as he puffed his chest out for all to see and chuck his gloves at the warrior's feet. Putting on a show of bravado, that he was man that did not bend, no matter what. What a karking pompous ass. It took a lot of will power for Strider not to snap the boy in two, teach him a hard lesson in life or make him a an example for all to see. Instead, Strider stepped over the gloves and slowly, non aggressively closed the distance between him and the Sith Lord playing at leader. He starred the younger man with an icy glare that could thwart the blazing flames that ignited in the younger man's soul. Garon's face showed no emotion, it was cold as death itself.

He lightly clapped to the man's speech, patronizing ever word of it then he would stop giving slight hesitation before he open his mouth to give his retort "Bravo Count Aretine, Bravo. Such brave words for one man. Such courage to square off all puffed out like a bulwark against the seas, tossing frilly garments around like a spoiled child. Your temper and pride gets the better of you, pup. It does you no justice. "

Strider's eyes then turned about to the other counts and he waves his arms about to the rest of them "Do you have absolute command over their lives?" He then pointed out the window as if he was pointing the entire Serennoan populace "Do you command all their lives, Count?"

'I give generous demands, simple demands with consequences of refusal that i doubt you wish to bare, boy!" The old man snarled "Count @[member="Auron Stross"] is a wise man, it seems that he knows what is best for his people. Maybe he should be the one that leads Serenno and not you? Maybe you should pay heed to his council. Maybe you should calm yourself before you make a grievous mistake"

Strider stepped in closer, his voice as sharp as his beskad "Maybe you should pick your glove up, you may need it to protect your aristocratic soft hands from the blood of your people that will be soaked into the grounds of your home. Just because you will not concede, for it will be on your hands alone".

He stepped even closer, them being no more then a foot a part , he leaned in to whisper soft death "I don't need magic tricks to break people, I can do it with my own bare hands. Test me boy, I will break you here and now if you continue with such pointless threats". Words that was all but real, Strider was a very powerful warrior, well known to tussle with the likes of sith and jedi. But so were most if not all the Mando'ade he had brought with him. All warriors to the truest form. This boy was a sure fool, and Strider would not suffer the likes of him. If he would not concede, others will replace him with hopes that their society will prosper with out being set a blaze by the the Mandalorian forces.
@[member="Count Aretine"]

Odd. Aretine could have sworn that this man, @[member="Strider Garon"], had just strode onto Serennoan soil with all the vulgarity as if he owned the place himself and had built it with his own two hands, proceeded to make ridiculous and insulting demands and then threaten violence, and was now projecting his egotism onto the Count. Aretine wasn't wholly surprised by the Mandalorian's response; it represented the thought process of any typical psychopath.

Yet the real question was, exactly what type of response was Garon expecting? Surely he knew he was setting foot onto foreign soil, jumping headlong into a culture rooted in a tradition that extended far beyond the living years of anyone present, with a diplomatic strategy that consisted of "give us free stuff, or die". Was he presuming that everyone in the room would simply offer up their balls in a ribboned box out of sheer awe and fear the moment he opened his mouth?

"Don't act so surprised, Mandalorian. Your demands are as generous as a blunt club to the face. They are an insult to the sovereignty of the Great Houses, issued with all the vulgarity of a petulant warmongering lunatic. Serenno is not your grab bag for free money and expendable cannon fodder. And for what - protection? You're the first one in nine hundred years to threaten Serenno with violence. The only ones we need protection from are you philistines."

The Count stood face-to-face with the Mandalorian. Their noses were now barely an inch apart.

"The other Counts may do as they like. But I shall fight, and if I die, I shall die as my own man, rather than as a slave to a pathetic, retarded excuse for a people that know not how to create, only how to destroy. Now hear my terms."

The Count met Strider's icy glare with the burning hot embers of his eyes.

"War shall commence using any means necessary, save planetary destruction. Serenno shall be allowed one week to arm and prepare accordingly. Surely you would welcome the challenge. After all, you Mandalorians are all about battlefield glory, not about subjugating defenseless civilians, are you not? Or have I yet again given your culture more credit than it deserves?"

"Before you dare speak words of war, maybe you should let your people council you their wishes. War is costly and I do not promise the integrity of your planet" Strider sniped at the @[member="Count Aretine"], his words like daggers of truth and confidence. Serenno did not have much choice in this. IT was peace or war, but if war was to be had.... Strider was a firm believer in the crueler it was the faster it was over. One to make examples of such high places of irrationality for the rest of the galaxy to fall in line, he will sacrifice them all. If the man wanted blood, Strider could provide it by the gallons.

@[member="Count Aretine"]

Aedan Miles was standing near the back wearing his Iron Skin under the RFBA 1. His helmet was the standard one and on his left shoulder plate was the insignia of his rank. The young man had recently been taken in as the general of the Red Legion and as such wore the Red Armor that they were given with pride. His eyes looked out through the visor of his helmet as he witnessed Field Marshal Garon negotiating for a peaceful solution but one of the counts seemed to be starved for war.

Aedan Miles was around six foot six inches tall and had an assortment of weapons strapped into various places on his armor. At his waist rested a Westar 35 pistol along side a standard lightsaber. Affixed to his upper right arm was the hilt of his guard shoto and peeking over his shoulder barely visible was the grip to his saberstaff. All of these weapons were attuned with him and the young man had a unique fighting style that would if called upon incorporate all of his weapons when the need for them arose. For now he merely stood back waiting for the Field Marshal to issue any orders to him.
@[member="Strider Garon"]

Coming out of the back of those that was gathered, all this time she had just let those speak, why you say she did this. Countess is always one to just watch and listen before speaking her mind. Just what was going to come out of her mouth was any ones guess. It wasn't as if she was of one of the Greater House in time of old yes they where they was one against sith. Which now seem to have most of the control of Greater House. Maybe it was time that the people took this planet back. In time of old it was one of her mother side that was nothing but a baby hidden, but give what was needed to rebuild the House back up to where it had power again. Power just at what cost could it come in to where this planet would be at war, many of the citizens lives being lost no she couldn't let that happen if she could. Her house holdings was upon the river land, along the great forest, among other land holdings in the choose cities.

Stepping up now pulling her hood down letting her cloak fall off her should, under having red velvet dress on her with jewels not only around her neck, but with in her hair also. Taking it off the rest of the way, but also to her left right behind her was her protector as a body guard. Laying it upon her arm, making sure that all in the room had saw her before speaking.
"I here to say that House of Termro is for the signing of the territory, for one I here to save my people lives that is under my family and for the lesser house upon the planet. Its time we know how to get long and lay down our swords in some case not be thinking of waning power or thinking for yourselves we have citizens that need to be protected. I for one know the long history of this planet starting how my House was wiped out durning the Great War, only to have some from be hidden I don't want this again. These mandalairans is giving us a peaceful way I say lets take it. " her body guard now being watchful as knowing some in the room would not like what she had spoken knowing her vote did count, but also there was there in the room that would take her out for what she just spoke of. Keeping the face she had no love for any force user on this planet seeing as a way to control citizen that was all.

@[member="Count Morcus"] | @[member="Strider Garon"] | @[member="Count Aretine"] |

"Is that how you've rationalized it? My most sincere condolences to your brain cells." Auron said, venom coating his words. He would have spat at Morcus, but spitting inside other people's domiciles was generally considered rude. Even for him.

Aretine and Garon began to square off, yelling obscenities and threats at each other. This was madness. Aretine, competent ruler that he was, clearly knew nothing of the finer points of warfare. Stross was no expert either. However, history showed that the people with the fleet in orbit generally won out. Serenno had no fleet and the Mandalorians did. If by some miracle the Serennians drove off an invading Mandalorian task force, all that would happen afterwards is orbital bombardment. Unless some third party with a whole mess of capital ships was willing to lend support to Serenno.

Stross had been planning on appealing to others for outside help, but only if he had time. One week was not time. There was no point in petitioning the Confederacy or the Fringe for assistance if all Auron had to return to was a planet of ashes, ruins, slaughtered nobility, up-jumped peasants, and crushed pride. There was so much history here on Serenno and it was now all in danger of being wiped out and reduced to rubble because Aretine insisted on jumping headlong into a war that could not, at this time, be won.

Maybe there was another way to go about this, but first Auron had to set another record straight.

"This is stupid. Pedantic nitwits. Mandalorians are all stuck up in their honor and pride, just like us. How's about a duel, then? Winner keeps Serenno. The good Count versus the Mandalore. Or maybe this second stringer." Auron indicated Garon by jabbing his cane at the man. "Works either way, doesn't it? Save ourselves the time and trouble of a revolution."

Strider was starting to get a soft spot for this old bird. "No Count Stross, There will be no duel. As much as I would love to act upon such it goes against my mission here today." He broke eye contact with Aretine and stepped away in hopes of deescalating the situation at hand. "My offer, Mand'alor's offer still stands. Take it and live in prosperity. Don't take it and live in ruins. If its not us today, it will be some makeshift empire that will be coming tomorrow or a false republic with one hand feeds you freedom and the other robs you blind. If you can see past your pride, we offer the better deal amongst multiple evils."

Strider continued to step away from the agitated pup and placed himself at the table, and calmly pouring himself some wine. "We may be a horde of bloodhanded brigands, thugs and curs but we are a unified and strong group of 'savages'. Warfare is our specialty, my people were born to it. Raised to it. You people are of wealth, grown soft with luxury. Sure, you can hire an army to stand by your side but I doubt they would last long against the Top soldiers this galaxy has or will ever see. I am sure a few of you and your force trickery could stall the inevitable but in the end Serenno will be ours. Yes, I am strong arming you. Yes this isn't much of a two sided negotiation and more of me iterated an ultimatum that holds your people hostage to it." He took a long sip of the wine, enjoying the soft sweet taste before he continued on. "But Mand'alor and the people are honest and fair. We have given you a fair demand. A demand that should out way thoughts of war, unless your people look at life so cheaply? An offer that will protect you against the rest of the wolves of the galaxy and such a fair offer that it barely dents your economy, your culture or even your own personal fortunes."

Strider took another long sip of the wine "Take the deal"

@[member="Auron Stross"] @[member="Countess Calum Teramo"] @[member="Count Aretine"]

"You know nothing of our culture, Mandalorian."

Aretine expected some of the Counts to be wary. It was in their nature, after all. Perhaps he seemed the fool, but he knew what he was doing and recognized the consequences. The Count knew that there were other ways to fight a war besides fleets and open field battles. Unfortunately, he would now have to convince the other Counts that open war was upon them, whether they liked it or not. Their people and culture were in jeopardy whether they took the deal or not. Resistance was the only option.

"A pity. I liked the old man's idea," Aretine smiled. "But this Mandalorian is wise to decline. Not honorable, but wise. He at least recognizes that brute strength and gadgets are no match for the Dark Side of the Force, and that he would be smote." Aretine turned. "Yet I suppose it is my honorable duty to consult the other Great Houses in this matter. Leave us, Mandalorians. The Houses of Serenno should like to discuss your thuggery amongst ourselves."

@[member="Strider Garon"] @[member="Auron Stross"] @[member="Countess Calum Teramo"]

@[member="Strider Garon"] | @[member="Count Aretine"]

Stross brayed, a derisive laugh aimed at Strider for his passing up the duel. "Oh, really? And what is your mission here today? Besides to be a little nancy boy, evidently."

"Looks like someone left their balls at the spaceport, along with their sense of honor. They ought to start calling you the Chicken of Keldabe. What kind of lame Mandalorian passes up a direct challenge like that? Pansy. You were sent here to get us to grovel and secure the planet. Go on then, secure it through a duel! Or be a good little grunt and call your Mandy-lore to do it for you. You say Serenno will be yours anyway. What've you got to lose then? If this is the kind of spine is uniform among you lot stunted cowards, this'll be a very brief occupation."

Auron would heckle the newly-declared Chicken of Keldabe until he left. The way Stross envisioned it, the Mandalorian would either become incentivized to duel Aretine or expedite his exit and that of his smelly compatriots. Either result was optimal. Hopefully Morcus would follow them out as well, otherwise that would open a whole new door for incessant badgering.

...he'd take his bottle back from the other man who'd joined Preliat and himself before wandering off to throw knives, Garrus didn't have much time for that, then he'd smirk, briefly, when he heard Preliat make his comment about his Brother. It was actually pretty funny. Nonetheless he'd reply in a matter of fact manner..."If anyone does not need pills it is my Brother. He's bedded more women across the galaxy than you've dreamt about."...then he'd have chuckled a bit and taken another drink of the vintage in the bottle. By now the bottle was a little over half finished but Garrus showed no signs that it was affecting him, he'd spent a lifetime just drinking so it took more than this, and when he lowered the bottle from his mouth again he'd have listened as Preliat enlightened him further as to the Dark Harvest and what it meant for everyone that was involved...

...initially Garrus paused when he heard about everything that had happened but then Warrior would shrug his shoulders once and remark..."War is all those things. Maybe not in the same we you experienced them but it's still all of those things."...he'd said his piece concerning it and Garrus didn't seem as though he wanted to discuss it much further. Between the two men it was possible that they had differing opinions and more than likely that there was a lot more than just one of them. Regardless Garrus took a bit of a liking to Preliat if only because they made small talk now while the others were inside handling the negotiations. The Warrior had no doubt that his Brother's diplomacy skills weren't quite on par with an actual diplomats but he'd probably get the job done a tad more rigidly than would have been done otherwise if another man had handled things...

...Serenno was a nice planet, nice world, but Garrus wasn't sure how long he'd want to be left on it. This estate was appealing to the eye for as long as the world stayed at peace but would be rubble and wreckage within days if things came to war here. No one wanted that, not even Garrus, the people had seemed amiable enough though he didn't know any of the nobility. Looking ahead towards the estate, the courtyard, he would start to could silently in his head while hoisting his Blaster Rifle up over his shoulder again..."Wonder how hot it gets here?"...he liked a temperate world, nothing to hot or cold, it helped him relax in the lonely hours when he couldn't fall asleep.
@[member="Preliat Mantis"]​

Rygel Larraq had watched and listened to the delegation on Serenno with passing interest and growing frustration. The Mand'alor's men had fumbled through the negotiations with their usual violence and chest puffing, allowing it to degrade into petty threats and egotistical challenges.

Larraq sat his current mug of coffee on the desk and stamped out his half finished cigarette in the small mound of ashes piled atop a glass tray. He had had enough of this mockery. “Mister @[member="Arrbi Betna"], if you would be so kind, please activate your holoprojector for me.” Larraq said as he pressed a small button on the corner of his desk.

The Mandal Hypernautics representative stepped forward, cleared his throat, and tossed a small circular disk on the floor. A moment later, a life sized holoprojection of a well groomed man in a dress uniform stood before the Nobilites of Serenno and the representatives of Mandalore.

“I hate to interrupt such a productive display of pride and testosterone, but I believe I could be of some use in these negotiations.” Said the man in the projection. He was standing in a militant stance. Feet together, toes apart at a 45 degree angle, left hand behind his back, left arm bent at a 45 degree angle so that the back of his hand was resting squarely on the small of his back, just above the buttocks. His right hand was held out before him in a casual manner that spoke of professionalism and regality, but also of calm confidence and understanding.

“My name is Rygel Larraq. Rally Master of the United Mandalorian Clans, official representative of Clan Dem'adas, Captain of the Hyperion Security private military, and CEO of Mandal Hypernautics.” Larraq said as his projection looked squarely into the eyes of @[member="Count Aretine"]. “For those of you who do not know my name, roughly thirty percent of all Mandalorian Naval assets are at my disposal in times of peace. Over fifty percent of all Mandalorian Naval assets are at my disposal in times of war. I own one of the most successful companies in all of Mandalorian space and have made a name for myself across half the galaxy as a ruthless businessmen and a brilliant naval commander.”

“Instead of running my company, overseeing the logistics of one of the larger navies in the galaxy, or enjoying my Rum and Coke, I am taking the time to speak with you, the noblemen of Serenno.” Larraq said with a slight and barely noticeable clenching of his jaw. “So. Honorable men and women of Serenno's upper class,” Larraq said as he scanned the room, momentarily unaware if there was actually a countess in the room or not. “How can I be of service to you today?”

((OOC: Written with approval of Betna))

"Gentlemen" , feeling a hand upon her shoulder from her body guard that was sent by her father. Taking a deep breather at the same time giving her emerald eyes upon those in the room, looking first to @[member="Captain Larraq"] then to the another one giving her eyes a stern look upon them to tell them she met business, then to her fellow Counts. "First of all@[member="Captain Larraq"]. looking at him again, " I don't care how big you play toys are up there, for all this isn't a pissing contest. , raising her finger to point at @[member="Strider Garon"], we aren't breed for war, we are of noble bleed, born along with being raised propority, not like some raging beast that crave blood all the time. , closing her eye taking a keep breath before opening her eyes again to continue. All I'm worry about right at this moment is citizens of this planet how they would suffer. We can survive in this all, but we have citizens all over the planet, we can't go to war, lives will be lost what kind of Houses would we be if we can prevent it now." , now making her way towards the table to get herself a glass of wine. Needing to have some of the sweet taste of wine with what she had just spoke to the room.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom