Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Suggestion Mandate: Vode An

With ally rules being in a state of deliberation, a number of Mandates are in flux. When I think of Mandates, what comes to mind are thematic perks that can enhance a faction's Star Wars identity. So, below, I'm pitching a mandate with that idea in mind. What do you guys think?

MANDATE: VODE AN

STRENGTH: Skirmishes which meet or exceed 50 posts can be submitted as a Dominion. (Hex must be adjacent)

WEAKNESS: Hexes gained through this method are vulnerable to rebellions.

THEME: Mandalorians/Warrior Factions launching raids and getting rewarded for this playstyle.

Sure. But I'd suggest that this be given some sort of limit. This seems like Junctions but with different terminology, so maybe only one or two a month?

Also, are there victory conditions?
Can a faction with this mandate fail in completing it?
How does it work - does the Skirmish need to be an adjacent hex or just the chosen rewarded hex?

Darth Metus Darth Metus
Again, in support of this but trying to figure out the details.

I love this idea thematically, but game wise it probably would warrant an adjustment.

For example, tracking which hexes are vulnerable and which ones aren't over long enough time period might be tedious.

Otherwise the mandate is functionally exchanging PvE Doms for PvP ones, while making Skimishes worthwhile for a select group of writers. I don't think there is anything overly gamey going on here that I haven't already mentioned, since the number of Skirmishes awarded here are directly correlated to how many Doms a standard faction can receive. Since Doms don't require "victory" to acquire, I don't think Skimishes under this Mandate should either.

Maybe we can resolve my problem with it by saying Hexes gained this way shall be vulnerable to Rebellions for the following month? That would be a lot easier to track

Uriel Kahn

U
Meh, unless we can figure out how to have unconnected clouds before that, I dont think this is all that entertaining.

Naturally, I'm all for this idea - as some dominions are treated as skirmishes anyway, so the proper pre-fix tag just makes things more interesting as anyone can hop in and create a pseudo-rebellion to pad that post count.

But, the only thing I have against the concept that's gone unsaid is the name. While thematic, true, I feel like it should either replace the current Crusader mandate we have now or be renamed to allow for more widespread usage amongst other factions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom