Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mandalorian Outpost - Dxun [ Aka'liit Location Thread ]

Dxun, the Aka'liit

...the Terentatek Duster was worn comfortably. It hung all the way down to his ankles. The leather was worn and old and a few holes needed to be patched since he'd acquired it years ago but it was still fully functional. Wearing it Andras Garon appeared very much a kind of drifter with his rugged complexion weathered by the elements and minute scars touching his features at random intervals left behind by a mash up of combat exposure and accidents that left him equally touched. The Dark Horse was a consummate warrior that strived to advance the goals of the Mando'ade however it appeared during his time in the background not everything had gone completely according to plan. It all came down to this...

...as he moved into the Command Center his eyes instinctively found the man that was his namesake [member="Strider Garon"]. It had been awhile but old grudges still simmered in the heart of the Mandalorian as coals though not enough that he would let them burst into flame. Walking towards Strider his footsteps would be noticeable for the telltale sound of his boots as they made every footfall alerting the man that he was watching that he was coming. When he came closer Andras swept aside his duster, tossing it back behind his right hip to reveal the Heavy Blaster Pistol holstered there before he set his hand against it casually...
"Well if it isn't Strider Garon back from the dead."...it was difficult to tell if he was pleased to see him or if there was a slight hint of sarcasm on the undertone of his voice....

"Welcome back Cousin."...he'd break any tension between them by saying that moments later while his right hand trailed up from the handle of the blaster and slid deeper into the confines of his duster. Removing a small flash, polished all the way around and capped off on the top Andras would raise it, uncork it and press it to his mouth before tipping it higher. The liquor burned a trail down his throat and he used the sleeve of the duster to wipe his mouth when he lowered it saying..."A little something from the Outer Rim."...then he tossed it over to Strider while he stood across the table from his kin and turned his head to survey the surrounding area that was this section of the Command Center...

...he heard the voice of [member="Vilaz Munin"] not far off but he didn't pay it much attention. Andras remembered Munin from a different time though they'd never had any indepth dealings in the past. Glancing over he sawc [member="Briika Tor"] too but he only looked long enough to make a mental note of her appearance unsure as to whether or not he had spoken much with her either. The life of an Operative for Clan Garon had kept him on the fringe a long time and it could be surmised that Andras Garon wouldn't stay long except maybe to entertain the idea of joining a combat operation or field exercise....

Kad had failed to realize the other men in the room had stopped fighting to even notice bets were being placed. He wasn't drunk yet, but getting there, and the insult of his mother had stepped on his temper. He was a proud Tor with a temper to match the rest of his family. His reaction was a mix of both alcohol and angered grief. He didn't care if he hurt the man, or if the man hurt him. All Kad cared about was the fact he did something in his grief to defend his mother's honor.

The apology had been sincere, but that didn't mean the fight was over. Kad was prepared to accept the apology as soon they had finished conversing with their fists. Coming of the table with a tray, the other verd smashed it into Kad's face breaking his nose. He would have continued, but the fight was interrupted by a loud call to halt.

Even at the commanding voice which came from [member="Artemis Lux"], Kad did not stop. Her voice was familiar to him by now. The way the woman carried herself demanded respect, but in the moment he didn't hear her, not truly. Kad wished he could say she didn't understand, but she did, and handled it better than he ever had, or maybe even could. It wasn't the loud echo of her command that made him stop, but the calming plea which let him know he had done more than enough to honor the memory of his honor. In a way Kad even took it to mean that it was enough with the drinking and the anger.

Kad didn't feel her touch through his beskar'gam, but the feeling with which she drew with was very real through the force. Letting go of the anger, as best he could, Kad relaxed and backed away from [member="Jagen Wren"]. "You didn't know, vod," Kad stated before turning his back to the man. His gaze caught Artemis' then moved to find that his sister [member="Briika Tor"] had been witness to his disorderly display yet again. He could feel her disappointment and wondered if Artemis felt the same. Kad shouldn't have cared about how she felt, but he did, perhaps because of the way their pasts were so similar.

"N'eparavu takisit, ner ad'ika," he said, eyeing the exit. Kad wanted to leave, but he figured if he did, he would be followed. He looked at both of the women. "I'm not okay... haven't been for some time."

[member="Saarenin Lok"] | [member="Strider Garon"] | [member="Deneve Verd"] | [member="Amaya Verd"] | [member="Agenor Dyre"] | [member="Vilaz Munin"] | [member="Tyra Gozen"]

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
A notice - a job posting - reached the Mandalorian outpost on Dxun. It appeared that the government of Naboo had embarked on a colonization mission to an obscure jungle world called Versai. The Naboo authorities were offering good money for security contractors to keep the new colony safe from unknown local predators and potential raider hideouts. More than money, too, they were offering good technology, mainly ship components and sleek starfighters, for exemplary work.

Clearly, someone at a decision-making level, on Naboo of all places, had a good opinion of Mandalorian work.

Briika Munin

Shieldmaiden of Clan Munin (retired)
Briika followed closely behind [member="Artemis Lux"] as the two women left the Command Center to investigate what was going on in the Mess Hall. And sure enough, it was what they thought was going on, but more so who was in the middle of this physical and it seemed verbal sparring match between vode.

A heavy sigh left the golden blonde's lips as her blue eyes met [member="Kad Tor"]'s after the diplomatic warrior had stopped the fight; those azure orbs giving her younger brother a look he only knew too well. He.was.in.big.trouble. The Baar'ur passed him by as Arty had Kad for the moment, then walked over to where [member="Jagen Wren"] was standing, all bloodied yet in a gloating way. Course bets had been placed quickly by the bystanders, and supposedly the dark-skinned Mando was seen to be the winner here. That wasn't any of her business though the man's wounds were.

The seasoned medic's hand reached for her medkit that was worn as a fanny pack and pulled it around forward, then she pulled out a single-use bacta swab package and a cold compress, activating it with the heel of her hand. "You'll want to put ice on that eye of yours sooner than later to keep the swelling down, vod, and dab the swab on that split lip to help it heal quicker after you are finished disinfecting it with your drink there." Bree nodded with a slight smirk while handing Jagen the medical supplies, then the petite blonde spun around and went back over to where her brother was.

Briika just shook her golden head as she reached up with a gauze pad within her gloved grasp and placed it on the bridge of Kad's visibly broken nose. "I know, ner vod'ika. I know," she smiled sympathetically before quickly resetting it, then stepped back and covered the baby girl's ears for the goran's most likely reaction knowing him. There was too much of their father's temper in the youngest Tor sibling for his own good.

Jagen Wren

J
Jagen said nothing but gave a nod to [member="Kad Tor"], he felt that he should just give his vod some space after that rather rambunctious brawl here in the Mess. Then another woman, whom he recognized as [member="Briika Tor"], came up to him to relay medical advice which he gladly took.

A smile formed on his lips as he lowered his empty goblet to the table and sat down to heal himself, holding the cool ice compress to his eye while swiping the swab along the dark red cut in his lip which had dribbled a bit of blood down onto his tidy facial hair.

"Vor'e, vod." Jagen sighed, his head reeling from the pain.

[member="Artemis Lux"] | [member="Agenor Dyre"] | [member="Saarenin Lok"] | [member="Vilaz Munin"]

Artemis Lux

g o l d d u s t w o m a n
With Mandalore in pieces, it had never been more important for the mando'ade to present a united front--to take up arms against the galaxy, not against each other. But Artemis had seen war, and she recognized the frustration of men who had lost everything . . . the frustration of men who were bored, whose fists swung high because their morale had dipped low. Artemis did not fault [member="Jagen Wren"] or [member="Kad Tor"] for the brawl, but rather looked upon them with sympathetic eyes. She resolved to speak to [member="Vilaz Munin"] about the incident later, to discuss ways to keep the men entertained and off each other's throats.

We need more women on Dxun, Artemis thought wryly, stepping back to allow [member="Briika Tor"] through with her medical supplies. Artemis watched as the seasoned medic patched up the men, arms folded across her chest, surveying them like a little queen mother. Her keen gaze met Kad's, but just as the bud of her lips parted to speak to him, an unfamiliar voice caught her attention from the doorway--the voice of [member="Amaya Verd"]. Artemis glanced to the girl before flickering her emerald eyes meaningfully back to Kad. Don't go, her knowing look seemed to say. I'm not finished speaking with you just yet.

With that, Artemis turned and greeted the young woman. "Su cuy'gar, Amaya," She said warmly as she approached. "Welcome to Dxun. I know of only a few members of Clan Verd here . . . but rest assured that you will be treated like family by us all." Artemis smiled. The girl had a sweet face, and she felt instantly inclined toward ensuring her comfort. "I'm sure you have traveled a long way and must be hungry. Please, have a seat--there's enough food and drink to feed a small army. I'll join you." In a sweep of flowing fabrics, Artemis descended upon a table near the men and motioned for Amaya to claim the seat by her side. The morning was still young, and Artemis fancied a strong cup of caf.

[member="Jagen Wren"] | [member="Briika Tor"] | [member="Kad Tor"] | [member="Andras Garon"] | [member="Saarenin Lok"] | [member="Strider Garon"] | [member="Deneve Verd"] | [member="Amaya Verd"] | [member="Agenor Dyre"] | [member="Vilaz Munin"] | [member="Tyra Gozen"]

There it was, Dxuns mandalorian survival camp or what could be said was left. A part of him wanted to destroy the camp now and end all their pain...along with his own if he could. Is existence overall was dragging out. Where was his purpose? What was more beautiful than death and ascension? Nothing, was the answer he would normally say but this visit to Dxun was about his legacy not his own bloodlust.

Adorned in bones, tanned leathery hide and durasteel armor the Gen'dai stood at the front gate eying the soldiers that stood watch. " Stand aside and let me through." he spat examining the death fence. His words were met with silence.

The older mandalorian guards held could only stare while the younger ones asked questions. They did not know who he was. " Name and clan?" The youth asked. This made Saverok paused slightly. He had no clan and had always been a destroyer to their kind. " No clan, I am Saverok. Now let me through." He growled with anger but physically held no aggression, he was desperate to get in and wanted to do so without bloodshed?

" Hands above your head murderer, Get on your knees!" One of the elder guards shouted pointing his weapon. others followed his actions quickly.

" You cant kill me." Saverok said dropping to his knees with a thump and putting his hands on his head. " I willingly surrender." He said aloud biting his tongue till it bled.

An Onderonian courier would appear at the outpost to deliver a parcel directly to Mr. Munin. Under the cover of glossy black packaging, one would find an engraved box made of sweet smelling resinwood. Right under the lid was shallow top compartment, a single small note stuck against the velvety surface:

Hello,

I think we can both agree that we've seen much better days. Even in the midst of our most heated battles, I would have never wished for such a terrible fate to befall Mandalore. As we get back on our feet, I would like to bring an end to all hostilities. I provided a little something to help with that effort. Good luck.

Suravi Teigra, Chief Executor of the Galactic Republic

In the second larger compartment underneath, there would be a gilded bottle of Vosh, and a large pile of aurodium coins and refined nova crystals. Altogether, the contents box was worth a several billion. For Suravi, that amounted to about a few hours worth of operation time for her fleets abroad, but for the Mandalorians that would probably be a nice chunk capital for their Dxun project. Right now, her priorities had shifted, and she wanted more friends than enemies. She was back in the game.

[member="Vilaz Munin"]

Amaya smiled albeit small as the woman approached, the young girl was a bit hesitant but then she had come all this way on her own to discover who she was, didn't she? As the warm breeze carried through the tree tops of Dxun, Amaya felt encouraged to accept the woman at her word. "I- I that sounds great," she stutters in basic the twilight of her Tarisian accent clinging to each vowel. She could only give the woman a nod of acknowledgment, Taris was quite the distance from Dxun but somehow she knew it was worth it. "Th-thank you, I've come from Taris it's where I spent most of my youth." The braided hair girl followed the flowing fabrics to where the older woman sat, her gown fell into place as she sat and motioned for the younger to sit beside her. And Amaya did not hesitate, not one to shy away from food or drink. "Thank you, I'm so hungry I could probably eat a whole bantha or maybe just the roast... " She scratched the back of her head, "don't think I caught your name, ma'am."

[member="Artemis Lux"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom