Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Making Assets and Taking Names

Hok.

A planet within the territory of the Galactic Republic, one of the biggest factions in the galaxy, as well as one of the wealthiest. They got their money from many different sources, one being this generally very overlooked planet. Half of the world was a sandy desert, with large silver and gold veins running beneath the surface. The other half was occupied by massive crystal formations worth quite a bit of capital. The Republic hardly realized the planet's potential, hosting minimal mining operations across its surface. The riches were ripe for the picking, but who would claim them?

Janus waited outside of the office of [member="Thalia Kaia"], senator of Hok. He hoped to strike a bargain with her to open up mining operations across the planet. If they could reach an accord, the amount of capital flowing into his accounts would be breathtaking. Perhaps they could even forge an alliance of sorts, becoming allies that could help each other out in these desperate times.

Thalia would have been working since early this morning on all matters of business with the republic. Soon she would walk out of her office in her normal attire of a skirt and t-shirt being as she was not in the senate. She would turn and look at the man "May I help you?"

[member="Janus"]

The masked man stood up as the senator stepped out of her office, and couldn't help but raise an eyebrow at her highly informal attire. He had expected the Republic politician to be wearing something slightly more professional, to say the least. He himself was wearing a several thousand-credit suit, made from the finest tailors the Coruscanti upper class could muster. He quickly recovered himself, preparing to address the senator.​
"Yes, indeed you may ma'am. I have the 3:30 appointment registered under the name Janus, the secretary told me to wait here."
On instinct, he raised his wrist to ensure he was after all on time. After a quick confirmation check, he looked back up to the politician. Hopefully she had cleared her schedule for his appointment, they had quite a bit to discuss.​
[member="Thalia Kaia"]​

Janus gave a grateful nod as he followed the friendly senator into her office, taking a seat in front of her desk. He noticed the seat was quite comfortable, though not very worn at all. He sensed the politician of such an overlooked planet didn't get many visitors.​
The masked man set his briefcase onto the floor next to him, taking a deep breath indicating his intent to speak. "You have a lovely planet here, Ms. Kaia. Sadly, as I'm sure you are aware, it sits right in front of the One Sith war machine's campaign front. Eventually, their invasion of this will be inevitable. It could be months, it could be days. When they do invade, however, one thing is for certain. Nobody will be left unscathed, the population will be ravaged. Tell me, do you fear for your safety again such a deadly threat?" It was a valid question indeed. Anybody with some sense in them would without a doubt fear the unstoppable machine that is the Sith, wiping the populations off entire planets.​
[member="Thalia Kaia"]​

As Thalia sat there listening to the man speak she did realize that the One Sith were sure to invade her lovely planet and she did not have the power to protect it.

"Yes mister I do realize this but I do not see how telling me this is going to help." She said looking over her desk there was a picture of her Daughter [member="Tyrena Kaia"], the joy of her life was endanger of being killed if she did not act quickly

[member="Janus"]

Janus nodded sagely at her words. Thalia was indeed a wise senator after all. He caught a glance of her looking over at a picture on her desk, no doubt of someone she cared deeply for. The question was, what lengths would she go to in order to protect her planet and her family?​
"Indeed, realizing this is first step for a solution. I, my lady, am the next step." He let his words hang in the air for several moments, building a sense of anticipation before continuing. "A represent an organization called the Paladin Consortium. We provide security to figures like yourself, ensuring your safety in such imminent events such as this. We have the ability to ensure the security of you and your family in such a conflict. We could help you escape offworld, back to the capital of the Republic. I am more than willing to provide this service for you, but you need to help me out in return." He would then stand up and walk over to the bay window, looking out over the city below. Would she bite on this potential bargain to save herself and her family in a crisis such as this?​
[member="Thalia Kaia"]​

A slight grin would play across Janus's face underneath the white mask. She bit, now all he had to do was reel her in.​
"What I want is quite simple, Miss Kaia. In exchange for you and your family's safety, I wish for a company of mine to have unrestricted mining access across your planet and on any of its moons if it has any. This would enable us to mine for resources on your planet. A small price to pay for the lives of one's loved ones, if you ask me." Establishment of mining facilities on this planet would be a major source of revenue for the Janus, bolstering his already major cash flow coming in from the Consortium.​
[member="Thalia Kaia"]​

Janus would turn to face her once again, expression concealed within the depths of the mask. He close to making a deal, he could feel it. All he needed was the finishing push so he could drive the deal home.​
"Wonderful! Would you accept my initial proposal, or would you propose a counter-offer?" Janus hoped she would accept his initial offer, ensured security for her and her family in exchange for unrestricted planetary mining right. However, he was also interested to see what else she had in mind. Perhaps she had her own agenda and had other need of PMCs.​
[member="Thalia Kaia"]​

Janus raised an eyebrow beneath his mask. So she no longer cared for the security of her nor her family? It was a bold move, but Janus wasn't buying it. He felt she was bluffing to maximise her own profit, but the businessman would try a different tactic.​
"It is assumed I will be making much money off of mining the planet, and ten percent goes a long way. Given the planet's smaller-than-average population, wouldn't you agree that ten percent is a bit of overkill? This is my counter offer: in exchange for unrestricted mining access, I will include my previous deal along with four percent of our profits including occupational fees. This is indeed lower than your previous offer, but it will take a vast amount of danger and resources to help a group of people escape off-planet during a One Sith invasion. They are very thorough in their work." Janus's offer of four percent was indeed generous, as he would typically offer a standard two percent to the senators and planetary governors.​
[member="Thalia Kaia"]​

Janus would shake his head at the woman's question. He was constructing another company that would specialize in the acquisition of natural resources, which would provide him with the manual labor necessary to run a full-scale mining operation across several planets. "No, I will not require any additional labor than what I already have. Now, shall I have my attendant draw up a contract, or do you have more to add?" Though his facial expression was concealed beneath the mask, Janus was rather quite happy. With just a few more formalities to get out of the way, he would soon have the roots to a natural resource empire constructed.​
[member="Thalia Kaia"]​

Janus nodded curtly, leaning over to pick up his briefcase. He would enter in the multi-digit pin code, causing the device to open with a snap. The inside would reveal it to be heavily armored and mechanized, a worthy precaution in case of an attack.​
He would pull out a datapad, unlocking it with a different pin. He would type a quick message and send it to his team of expert lawyers, who would immediately begin drafting a contract based off of his specifications. Ensuring the message was successfully sent to his encrypted server, Janus would lock the datapad back inside the case.​
He would then stand up, speaking to the woman. "My lawyers have begun drafting up a highly specific contract. It will take them around 24 hours to perfect it, so I'll be back tomorrow at this exact time. I bade you farewell, my lady." With that he would turn and exit the office. He had much to review.​
[member="Thalia Kaia"]​

The Next Day
Janus would knock on the door to the office at exactly the same time as the day before. He again had the briefcase in hand, company contract datapad laying inside next to his normal device. It had a several dozen page contract downloaded to it, with hundreds of legal specifications attached to the back. It was time to seal the deal, or so as they say.​
[member="Thalia Kaia"]​

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom