Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Major Factory Update

Hi folks,

We've been working on a number of changes to the factory over the past few weeks in an effort to continue making things easier, and more open for creativity. Below you will find the complete list of changes.

1. Restricted Missions have been entirely removed from Restricted Materials. Your ability to utilize RMs is dependent upon a number of factors including:
    Whether the submission is manufactured by an individual or company.
  2. Tier level of the company manufacturing the item. (Beginning at Tier 4.)
  3. Category of the material being submitted.
  4. Please see this section for complete details, however below is a general overview.

xAc4lo8.png

[*]Companies and Major Factions have been given much higher limitations when it comes to manufacturing limits for civilian starships and space stations. See here, or here.
[*]Tier 6 Companies may now select a single material to produce technology, vehicles and starships at limited when using that single material. (Some restrictions apply.)
[*]Salvaging rules have been removed as they are now redundant and unnecessary.
These changes are effective immediately.

Keep in mind that despite these changes, submissions will still need to adhere to balance, and may require additional compromise when working with Factory Judges when it comes to the inclusion of restricted materials in certain categories, though specifically starships.

Please carefully read over the new restricted materials list so that you have an understanding as to what may be submitted at unique, semi-unique, and limited production levels, as they have specific limits.

NOTE: We will not be allowing prior approved submissions to utilize modification requests to add restricted materials. If you wish to do this, you must re-submit the submission in question, citing the previous submission as the primary source.

Any questions please post below. Have a great night!

xksNn6q.gif

[member="Jamie Pyne"] - So... Clarification... You now can't Alchemize or Force Imbue any Restricted Material like Beskar or Phrik? Cause that is how it reads right now, and that really doesn't make sense... At all...

[member="Ijaat Mereel"]

Alchemized metal does everything Beskar does.

They just killed development threads don't be that guy.

[member="Jamie Pyne"]

Thanks Swift, appreciate you

And so Triam's once life long mission to complete all the missions has ended, for no longer are their missions to be done.

A sad day for me ;n;

Side note: shadowing Ijaat's thinking, I don't think it would be unreasonable to relax to one RM per sub rule, to a max of two RM per sub, allowing for an interesting variety that was a highlight of the factory in bygone ages.

I'm a little confused about something - Block 1 Rule 2 says restricted materials limit a production rating to no higher than "limited," but Block 2 Rule 2 says that submissions will be accepted if "Production value does not exceed Semi-Unique." Do these conflict? Because per Block 2 Rule 2, I could never make a Limited submission with a restricted material.

Vanessa Vantai said:
I'm a little confused about something - Block 1 Rule 2 says restricted materials limit a production rating to no higher than "limited," but Block 2 Rule 2 says that submissions will be accepted if "Production value does not exceed Semi-Unique." Do these conflict? Because per Block 2 Rule 2, I could never make a Limited submission with a restricted material.
790dbe709f090588581af7da94bae197.png

Jamie Pyne said:
Restricted Missions have been entirely removed from Restricted Materials. Your ability to utilize RMs is dependent upon a number of factors including: Whether the submission is manufactured by an individual or company. Tier level of the company manufacturing the item. (Beginning at Tier 4.) Category of the material being submitted.

So for clarification, would a company below Tier 4 be denied a technology submission with a restricted material regardless of balancing or other criteria? Or am I reading that section wrong?

[member="Errreembuhr"]
A tier 4 company may produce technology & vehicle submissions containing restricted materials at semi-unique, and starships containing restricted materials at unique. Anything higher than that and you will be asked to reduce production or use a different manufacturer.

The Admiralty
Codex Judge
Love it, liked it, subscribed.

One thing though-

At the company unlocks T4 unlocks civilian ships up to 4KM for limited production and T5 unlocks it at unique?

[member="Lily Kuhn"] [member="Jamie Pyne"]

[member="Jamie Pyne"]

In the Factory Standardised Rules post you linked, Table 2.0. (the one displaying maximum production and meterage) does not seem to work. I get an 'the image you are requesting does not exist or is no longer available' error report from imgur.com.

Sanya Val Swift said:
Also how come the choice of two restricted items have dropped down that a company can adopt as material/tech.
That was never an option. I don't know where you thought you read that but you misunderstood.

[member="Siobhan Kerrigan"] That should be fixed now.

Daro Tarsi said:
At the company unlocks T4 unlocks civilian ships up to 4KM for limited production and T5 unlocks it at unique?
This was a typo. It was late, I apologize. I will take care of that today.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom