Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Suggestion Major Faction Rebellions

Given the recent uptake in opposing Dominions leading to two Major Factions participating in a Rebellion, I was looking to how the Invasions side of new Major Factions is handled and the correlation between the two. Let me show you what I mean -

"New Major Factions may not be invaded for the first 30 days after their application is approved unless they initiate an invasion first."

This ruling for Major Factions is essentially that, if the fresh Majors want to fight with other Majors they can; A "if you want to give it, you've got to take it" mentality is applied here.

I'm realising that, counter-dominions leading to rebellions is just an Invasion in different words when it concerns two opposing Major Factions. Thusly my suggestion is an additional to Dominion rules;

1. If a Major Faction chooses to oppose another Faction directly via rebellion of a Dominion within the first 30 days following the approval of their application, they forgo their immunity to Invasions following the Rebellions completion.

- I think this is necessary as a way to provide a OOC consequence comparable to that of an Invasion, as the IC side is comparable to that and also is such for any other Major Faction that stands to lose a Hex. Let me know what you think!

Bunker-level Normal
An invasion is an overtly aggressive action taken directly by one Major Faction against another Major Faction.

A rebellion that occurs as a result of two dominions ending within 24 hours is an automatic action, not necessarily perpetrated by one faction or another. It's a rules-based action that triggers when two doms for the same target are submitted so close together.

Until both dominions are submitted and accepted by RPJs as valid, each faction is just writing a normal dominion story as is typical for Major Factions. After all, one faction could stall out and fail to submit in time, or they could fall short of the threshold the rules set for judging dominions as valid. No dominion submission is ever a sure thing, so there's nothing inherently wrong with pursuing a parallel dominion for the same target from another faction.

I don't see a rules-triggered rebellion to be breaking the 30 day buffer here.

Also, I didn't even know major factions could launch rebellions.

They can't initiate a Rebellion directly, no. But two Major Factions dominioning the same hex within can trigger a Rebellion to happen - this is treated as a "hex event" and not a direct initiation as a Minor Faction would launch.

This event happens regardless of whether either Major Faction wants it to happen (though, if they didn't want it to happen, one of them would back off of the Dominion.) Once it's triggered, Minor Factions are welcome to pile in and declare they're joining.

You'll sometimes see a Major Faction post it as "My Faction's Rebellion of XYZ Hex." That's just a naming convention, that Major Faction isn't Rebelling that hex - Major Factions again cannot declare Rebellions - but a Rebellion did happen in that hex, and well, someone had to start the thread. We treat it as a first come, first serve thing.

As for the suggestion, I'm... not sure I see the threat of a new Major Faction completing a Dominion and a Rebellion in the space of 30 days.

I'm not saying it's not possible... but would the intent be to allow the Major Faction to be hit by Invasions while the Rebellion is occurring? Seems a bit unnecessary to me, I feel like this is a specific case brought up by a recent meta.

When the meta passes, I can have Staff discuss it, but I don't personally see it as a high profile nor popular conversation to have.

Tefka Tefka The intent would be that, if a newly made Major Faction wished to combat another Faction through this method - it would result in the same consequences as invading another Faction within that 30 days.

This would be following the Rebellions completion, as Major Factions that wish to take on others should receive the ramifications of doing so. Especially when so close to said other Major Factions territory.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom