Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Major Faction Ideas?

Matreya

I have seen the thread about the interest needed for them, so why not make something like this? I would like this thread to solely be about ideas for making Majors, not the act of doing so, but simply spitballing an idea and seeing who would like the same, or bouncing ideas collectively.

Not everyone always has the chance to discord or Skype, so this is a decent way to do so.

So a couple of ideas:
[member="Ajira Cardei"], when he is in a faction trying to go Major, you frakin hit the ground running.

But in all honesty, I was talking with a friend about a much more western idea. Of course SW is a fantasy sci fi western, but I mean much more toward that end. An old fashioned, less toward ultra-high-tech-ery, more toward 6 shooters and light armor. More so this is my country, it ain't big enough for the two of us (insert spitoon sound).

Imagine Tombstone (the movie) on a grand scale, in the future.

Like the idea? Would it be fun? Hell no? Potato?

Make comments, suggestions, options, etcetera.

Have fun!

HK-36

The Iron Lord Protector (Neutral Good)
Droid Lords leading a coalition of non-humanoid aliens, machines, and human serfs to bring balance and prosperity to the galaxy with a benevolent but iron fist.

HK-36

The Iron Lord Protector (Neutral Good)
[member="Damien Daemon"],

Shards are as much droids as someone wearing a prosthetic arm is a droid.

They are non human organic beings who only use droid vessels to interact with the world around them, some droids see this merely as extensive use of cybernetics, some droids consider them to be parasites who take control of the droid host they are housed in, it really depends whether the droid vessel still has its own programming/mind active or if its merely a mechanical body controlled by the Shard

Matreya

[member="Willa Isard"]
The cowboy style idea?

[member="Vixley CM-01"] [member="Honoko"]
Also, would any of you have feedback ideas for, say, the governmental aspects? Rank system? Force Users get a 6 piece when acolyte, 18 when Knight, and 36 when Master? Lol

While I like the idea of getting traction for the cowboy thing, the point of this thread is to build hype for the idea of Major Factions in general. So, what would you like to see if these became things?

For example, [member="HK-36"] had the Droid idea, I would like to know then if a Droid possessed by a Force user, does it count as a Droid? As the body initially did not possess any form of brain, adding the soul provided one.

Or as said for my own, I kind of like the idea of maybe guns oriented toward the rank of the wielder. Of course everyone could have their own choices of side weaponry, but the "lightsaber" of the faction could in fact be a set: Acolytes get shotguns, Knights rifles, and Masters would get revolvers (a sort of varying level of diffulty as well)

Feedback?

[member="Damien Daemon"]

Taking inspiration by Wild West.... Take the Mayor system of a town, but either have multiple advisors, or a few mayors and a few advisors, and then most of the other stuff sorts themselves out, by typical standards of a western town. Except, the Military is handled like the Sheriff. The Sheriff being the head general, and commands being deputies, etc.

Something to think about or start with. Could be cool.

Matreya

[member="Honoko"]
I like the idea, I could look into terminology and throw some out. I like those three but there might be better ones.

[member="Vixley CM-01"]
So sort of like the Primeval before it went minor? Each planet has a 'mayor'? We could also then have each mayor have their own subordinates, making it so there are several people per planet, giving a position of power more frequent.

I like the idea of a Sheriff being the ones in charge of the armies, as that's the general idea we hear - bad asses are sheriffs and generals alike

Matreya

I was thinking of the ranks, and maybe Sheriff etc, should be positions of power. So, I was thinking maybe:

Shooter, Rifleman Marksman, Gunslinger

Something like that.

[member="Vixley CM-01"] [member="Honoko"]

Edit:

Originally I thought Rifleman, but now I think they could be a sect underneath the starters. Such as Jedi Shadows, Sith Inquisitor etc

[member="Damien Daemon"]

I don't know what a Primeval is, but I don't mean a mayor for every planet, that's too many leaders. 10 planets is near small for a major faction fighting half the galaxy, but 10 leaders is a little excessive. More like a council system of sorts

Matreya

Well at the beginning we would only have three planets, so three mayors. But I can honestly say it did work for the Primeval in my opinion. Each planet under their dominion had a leader of their own. Either or, we can hash it out. I made a quick Faction for it already if you guys all wanna join.

[member="Vixley CM-01"] [member="Willa Isard"] [member="Honoko"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom