Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Major Faction Application: The Order of the Sacred Lotus

ZSVXXyC.jpg

Name:
The Order of the Sacred Lotus (OSL)

OOC Heirarchy:
Bethany Kismet (FO)
[member="Michael Sardun"] (FA)
[member="Hal Terrano"] (FA)
[member="Elijah Henson"] (FA)

IC Heirarchy:
The Council of Elders guides the hand of the Order. They serve as a checks and balances on each other, ensuring that the actions taken part of are in the best interests of peace and compassion. Positions on the council are not limited to Jedi Masters, but to those who have proven themselves and who are invited by the current council members.

Current Members of the Council of Elders:
Bethany Kismet
Hal Terrano
Michael Sardun
Positions open

The Order of the Sacred Lotus welcomes Force Users and Non-Force Users alike. Only those dedicated to serving the galaxy or finding peace within themselves may be considered members. Past misdeeds can be forgiven if true atonement is accepted by the guilty party, and reparations for harmful acts achieved. Approval of these actions must come from the Council of Elders. Those not wishing to join the Order, but who require aid or sanctuary, can come freely to Monastery to petition the Council.

OSL does not "rule" Monastery or the surrounding planets in their sphere of influence. But they are welcome and respected, seeing it as a duty to offer their protection and aid, while the local governments assure a safe and welcoming place for Circle outposts.

OSL does not have a standing army. It's navy consists primarily of medical, science and transport ships, with a few patrol ships for security and early warning purposes in case of an attack.

Requested Planets:
Monastery (Capital), Cularin, Masterra

Interested Members:
[member="Michael Sardun"] [member="Hal Terrano"] [member="Elijah Henson"] [member="Jakkor Kess"] [member="Viktoria Kess"] [member="Electroheart"] [member="Malok"] [member="Elisea Korrado"] [member="Quintus"] [member="Galen Adina"] [member="Andy Khor"] [member="Valae Kitra"] [member="Bonde We"] [member="Saint Monica"] [member="Lethia Morow"] [member="Lt. Sage"] [member="Mother Arg'garok "][member="Artyom Kirilov"] [member="Calder Icehammer"] [member="Nod Zaam"] [member="Solana Murphy"] [member="Avin Starfire"] [member="Kahne Porte"] [member="Samara Raine"] @AnyoneIforgotIamsosorry

Description:
The Order of the Sacred Lotus is a group of Lightsiders (FU and NFU) dedicated to peace and the art of compassion. Located on Monastery, they utilize their central location to offer aid and succor across the galaxy. With a focus on Civilian Aid in times of War, the Order will:

-Enter War Zones as Neutral Parties to ease the suffering of the populace and provide aid.
-Accept positions of neutral observers or third party mediators where an impartial eye is needed.
-Offer a safe place to refugees and those in need of protection.
-Establish hospitals, medical centers, and refuges across the galaxy.
-Heal not only the populaces, but the planets themselves that have been stricken by war.
-Consider how their actions affect the whole, and strive to do good works while resisting the fallacy that 'the end justifies the means.'
-Work to further the cause of peace in the galaxy without resorting to violence, unless required to defend the lives of themselves or others.

Beyond these active goals, the Order strives for enlightenment. To find the balance, in themselves and in the galaxy. Adhering to an older version of the Jedi Code, they do not believe that the path of utter detachment is sustainable or wise. Rather than denying the inherent emotions that are part of living, the Sacred Lotus focuses not on these emotions, but that what is done with them that matters.

Emotion, yet peace.
Ignorance, yet knowledge.
Passion, yet serenity.
Chaos, yet harmony.
Death, yet the Force

What the Order IS NOT:
-We are not and will never be a conquering army.
-The Ends do not Justify the Means.
-Irresponsible use of weapons or powers will have consequences.
-Treating the Darkside as a path to power/personal play thing will not be tolerated.

The Pitch:
Though there are other Jedi factions on Chaos, there are no factions where the sole goal is helping others. With no armies, no serious navy, OSL would like to attempt a different way to play the Major Faction game on Chaos. Without intention of expanding past one, at most two hexes as a 'Sphere of Influence' buffer (rather than direct faction control), the focus would be on 'White Helmet' activities and as third party peace keepers.

OOC, our intention is to find ways to enhance existing stories- responding to world changing events and wars in ways that validate other writer's work and effort, expanding the narrative beyond "X fights Y and everyone goes home."

Past Roleplay Threads:
To Lay a Foundation
Building Sanctuary and finding kindred spirits

Within the Circle
Early morning teaching (Padawan thread)

How to Save A Life
The first refugees begin to arrive on Monastery

The Great Tax Write Off
Donations start coming in

Broken Core
An attempt to rebuild Mandalore after the catastrophe. Events get out of hand.

Have You Ever Heard Of....
Greeting two new members in the aftermath of Mandalore

A Night to Relax
OSL Social Thread

GA Dominion of Terminus and Manpha
Bringing aid to GA space after civil unrest

Terminal Clause
continuation of the Dom above

[member="Bethany Kismet"]
This is a great looking application and I will be putting this faction up for vote to the admins today.

However, two questions if I may.
  1. Since by its very nature the map game is about conflict and war, how will your faction handle the fact that they may well be attacked? As a non-ruling state I am not sure how well you can compete against invasions or rebellions.
  2. Are you intending to enforce OOC or IC your restrictions on use of Force (haha) or actions? That is, will you take action against a faction member who assault civilians?

These sorts of questions I ask all major factions to give the admins but also all members watching better insight.

[member="Viktoria Kess"]
On an unrelated note, can you please remove or hide one image in your sig?

Valiens Nantaris said:
However, two questions if I may. Since by its very nature the map game is about conflict and war, how will your faction handle the fact that they may well be attacked? As a non-ruling state I am not sure how well you can compete against invasions or rebellions. Are you intending to enforce OOC or IC your restrictions on use of Force (haha) or actions? That is, will you take action against a faction member who assault civilians?
1) We understand that the likelihood of being attacked, despite not being expansionistic, is very likely. We welcome (OOC of course) any conflict brought to our door- while we are primarily a pacifist group, that does not mean we are defenseless, and we *will* defend ourselves should someone bring war to our door. We have IC agreements with several groups that would come to our aid in a time of crisis, as well as internal members who are more martially inclined. Details for skirmishes or invasion would be on a case by case basis, but I would hope that the focus on story and a different avenue than simply "my big army clashes into your big army' will be interesting to see play out.

2) This is an IC concern more than an OOC concern. OSL already has members that belong to other groups- some of them who are not classically "good guys" (I'm looking at you [member="Malok"] :p ). When OSL members are not doing OSL sanctioned events, there is no concern- I refuse to police IC or OOC what folks are doing outside of our stuff. However, if during an OSL event someone starts gunning down civilians or something? There would be IC consequences that would be started with an OOC "Okay, so that happened. How do you want to proceed?" And then take it from there. The faction *does* focus on aid, rather than warfare, and I like to hope that folks who join a faction like that are going to work within their own narratives to figure out what that means for their own story telling. I am happy to work, ooc and ic, on any arcs that may occur of this nature, hopefully to everyone's enjoyment :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom