Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Major Faction Application: The Collective

983-banner-1504884022.png

[SIZE=9pt]Name:[/SIZE][SIZE=9pt] [/SIZE][SIZE=9pt]The Collective[/SIZE]
[SIZE=9pt]OOC Hierarchy:[/SIZE][SIZE=9pt] [/SIZE][SIZE=9pt][member=Janeth Farr] | [member=Evoros] | [member=Sanguinaria][/SIZE]

[SIZE=9pt]IC Hierarchy: [/SIZE][SIZE=9pt]The Collective is not a government, but rather a shadow organization. The true leader is Xira—an artificial intelligence unit—who operates through a quasi-independent facade known as the Board. The Board is responsible for deciding when and where the Collective will act, though each agent of the Collective is allowed and expected to conduct independent actions which may benefit themselves, as well as the Collective. Ultimately the faction is decentralized; instead focused on achieving a controlling interest in world politics to subdue the resources and population for their own gain.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=9pt]Requested Hexes:[/SIZE][SIZE=9pt] [/SIZE][SIZE=9pt]Arkania (capital), Carida, Bogden[/SIZE]

[SIZE=9pt]Interested Members: [/SIZE][SIZE=9pt][member="Ashen Soul Reynauld"] | [member="Bann Sundorah"] | [member="Delilah Keyes"] | @Dxyra'a | [member="Faceless"] | [member="Itash Mecetti"] | [member="Jaya Tandris"] | [member="Jest de Rous"] | [member="Lassiter"] | [member="Magnus Deshra"] | [member="Malen"] | [member="Mara Kellarov"] | [member="Mheralis"] | [member="Sola Tymon"] | [member="The Slave"] | [member="Vilaz Munin"] | [member="Wes Rykker"][/SIZE]

[SIZE=9pt]Description: [/SIZE][SIZE=9pt]The Collective is technocentric faction whose sole aim is to propagate the advancement of galactic society by any means necessary. Officially led by the Board, the shadow organization’s inner circle, the Collective in actuality is secretly orchestrated by a rogue A.I. named Xira. The Collective is constantly adapting to meet its needs, and thus operates on just two apparent truths. The first truth: technology has the ability to control and protect society. Indeed the Collective relies on advanced—often experimental—technology which much of the galaxy is hesitant to use, or outright bans.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=9pt]The second truth: corruption is unavoidable and thus necessary. The Collective promotes self interest and actively aligns their goals with personal ones to bring new agents into the fold. Often relying on the likes of greed and even fear to inspire cooperation. Agents of the Collective can be anyone and anywhere, aligned for selfish and idealistic goals alike. Their motivations are often different, but their purpose remains singular… Transcendence. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=9pt]The Pitch:[/SIZE][SIZE=9pt] The Collective offers storywriting opportunities to a wide range of characters; force users and non force users of any alignment between neutral and dark are welcome. Stories within the faction cater to mercenaries, smugglers, spies, slicers, and even corporate executives. The faction is an exciting opportunity for roleplayers to engage in an engrossing, storytelling experience with a niche in intrigue and espionage. Our roleplay offers hooks to writers interested in dystopian and thriller genres, and an experience that differs from the major factions on the board.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=9pt]Past Roleplay Threads: [/SIZE]

[member="Janeth Farr"]
OK, before I pass this up for a vote I have some questions.

1. If you are a shadow organisation...why are you a government running planets? I'm getting some mixed messages, especially concerning how decentralised or centralised it is.
  2. How do they expect to reach transcendence? Is it something expected for everyone?
  3. I'm assuming the AI is an NPC, but how is the faction run OOCly? Do members have input on the actions of this NPC?
  4. Do you have any Force using organisations people can join, or would they only be acting as free agents?
Cheers

Valiens Nantaris said:
If you are a shadow organisation...why are you a government running planets? I'm getting some mixed messages, especially concerning how decentralised or centralised it is.
Sorry if I didn't make that clear earlier:

Janeth Farr said:
Ultimately the faction is decentralized; instead focused on achieving a controlling interest in world politics to subdue the resources and population for their own gain.
Essentially, I meant they wouldn't control worlds directly (ICly) but instead puppet the leaders of those worlds, and shape their actions through various means. Just to give crude/basic examples: Holding loved ones hostages, bribery, taking out their political opponents, blackmail. Things like that. Or maybe even bringing world leaders into the fold (like having PC characters as world leaders but members of the Collective). So yeah, the'd have control, but it wouldn't be publicly known unless someone exposed the Collective's presence.

Valiens Nantaris said:
How do they expect to reach transcendence? Is it something expected for everyone?
This is more of a flavour goal for the faction. Like, we don't honestly expect our faction to be able to transcend the galaxy in its own image much the same way an imperial faction would conquer the entire galaxy. Though we definitely will pursue intermediate goals ICly. Such as introducing cybernetics, bureaucratic efficiency, and that sort of thing to the general populace of worlds we influence.

Valiens Nantaris said:
I'm assuming the AI is an NPC, but how is the faction run OOCly? Do members have input on the actions of this NPC?
Yes. We're a pretty open forum. Our faction staff are just there to give direction when there is none and keep things together. Beyond that we prefer an open discussion which mostly happens in the faction's discord chat. For example: Our decision to flee Nar Shaddaa in a thread rather than stay and fight was put to an OOC vote before Xira made the decision ICly.

The character is more of a narrative tool, but will be actively involved in the roleplay under the guidance of shared decision making.

Valiens Nantaris said:
Do you have any Force using organisations people can join, or would they only be acting as free agents?
Free agents.

Hope that answers your questions!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom