Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Magic, lightsabers and sand

Azara

A
Tatooine. A very hot planet where the majority of the community are either farmers, smugglers and all manner of scum working as bounty hunters or for the crime lords who own this planet. Azara was beginning to rethink why she'd come here.

The magic user had been traveling to find others like herself but was not having much luck. From planet to planet she asked and searched for anyone who knew anything about finding those who had the same talents as her. During her travels she needed to reach one other planet but the shuttle's route involved a drop off at Tatooine where she would need to wait for another shuttle before going onward. With no other choice Azara was stuck on the sand-ball planet until then.

With her hood up and her eyes down the girl made her way through the market place of Moss Isley, trying to at least find something to eat or drink while she waited. As much shade as her hood provided she was still getting hot from the heat of the suns in the sky. She tried to ignore this as she trekked on, wanting to keep herself hidden from any unfriendly eyes.

@[member="Vulpesen"]

Vulpesen stretched as he walked down the ramp of his corvette. Being an active shadow certainly had its perks. Including a Correllian Corvette that was now his to do as he pleased. As he moved out of the ship, he instantly noticed a change as the temperature changed from normal air conditioned space ship, to double burning suns pounding at your black robes with their harsh light. "Again with the hot," He grumbled, adjusting his robes to give him some ventilation space.

As his hands moved across the fabric, he head a small yelp as he grabbed what he thought was a fluffy part of his clothing. "Sorry Ace." The Ashlan wolf poked it's starry blue head from his pocket, glaring at him with a small telepathic nudge that seemed to give him a sense that he was being chided. He hadn't had him long, but Vulpesen's bond with the wolf was growing fast and he had his master to thank for such a gift. Of course, that gift had also come at a request to meet with a business associate and talk about a few problems they were having. Zarro believed in keeping good relations with all colleagues, even if they were part of the confederacy.

Giving his wolf a small pat on the head, Vulpesen continued onward, using a few simple jedi techniques to lower his body temperature to keep himself cooled down as he walked. Ace had proven a hardy creature so he doubted the little one needed much, but he still kept an eye on his little friend just in case. Of course he also kept his gaze skimming around the market area, looking for his master's friend.

@[member="Azara"]

Azara

A
As she walked on Azara stopped at one stand selling a number of fruits. The rodian vendor was telling her how fresh everything was and cheap as well. "I'll have two of those, please." she shyly said, pointing out which she wanted. After paying she thanked him and brought the fruit up to her mouth. Given how her hood was it almost seemed as if the fruit disappeared for a moment only to reaper with a bit in it. It was a delicious juice filled snack for her.

When Azara turned to walk on she was stopped by a trio if thuggish looking men. A mandolorian, indicated by his armor, a twi'lek and a dug, who was the leader of the three. The short alien, walking on his arms, said <Well, well. What do we have hear? A little bird trying to find a nest?> in his native dug language. Azara looked at all three of them from under her hood and tried to walk away, only for the twi'lek cut her off. <Don't be so rude, girl. We can help you find your way. Somewhere nice and safe for you.>

Looking to the dug Azara spoke to him in his language and said <Please leave me alone. I don't....I don't want any trouble.>

@[member="Vulpesen"]

Vulpesen's eyes scanned a little farther before his connection to the force set off a small alarm in his head. Something was wrong. It was distant enough to ensure that it wasn't him who was in trouble, but something was definitely not right. Ace growled in his pocket, picking up on his unease. Looking around again, Vulpesen quickly found the trouble. Of course he could also see that the force was with this one. She had potential and he figured that these thugs were about to be in for a surprise. Walking forward, Vulpesen came towards the aliens, non-nonchalantly resting his hand on his lightsaber. "Gentlemen, I believe the lady wishes to be left alone." A shadow was a sentinel, the middle class. He could be diplomatic like a consular, but he was also prepared to throw down should these people beg for a fight. ace's head poked from his pocket and growled at the thugs, baring a set of pearly white fangs. He was small, cute, and fluffy. But that didn't mean he wasn't deadly when he wanted to be. @[member="Azara"]

Azara

A
When the Jedi came close the three looked back at him, ready to pick a fight. The sight of his lightsaber alerted them to who and what he was, making them think twice. Sneering the dug said <Let's go.> to his friends, making them walk off. When @[member="Vulpesen"] would look however Azara had disappeared. She'd slipped away and was walking away in the other direction from the three and away from the Jedi as well. Both of the fruits she'd bought were dropped to the ground given how in such a hurry she was.

Vulpesen moved forward and looked down at the dropped food. "A shame." As soon as the words left his mouth, Ace leaped down and began to eat the dropped goods. "As long as it doesn't go to waste." Looking around, Vulpesen searched for the missing girl. He didn't know why, but something called for him to find her. It was probably his natural curiosity. "While your down there, try to find her scent." Who needed dothamiri trackers when you had a portable wolf.

It wasn't long before @[member="Azara"]'s scent was found Ace was barking and pointing at the location she had started to walk. Following after Ace, Vulpesen started to quickly catch up to his quarry. Soon he would be able to sense her over the life and get a clear definition of where she was, but for now he was thankful that an arid landscape led to less confusing scents for his little friend.

Azara

A
Azara found a spot in the shade behind a building when she finally stopped. She took a few moments to breath before she waited too long. By that point the little furry creature had found her just before the Jedi did as well. She gasped and took a step back, keeping her hood over her head still, and said "Please don't hurt me, Jedi, sir. I...I didn't do anything wrong. Really! I...I I wasn't.....I..." she started stumbling over her own words.

@[member="Vulpesen"]

Vulpesen watched her panic for a few moments before raising his hand to calm the girl. "Whatever warped perception you've received of us, I can assure you that it is wrong as I have no intention of causing you the slightest harm." Ace barked in agreement and crawled up to the Shadow's shoulder. "So what brings a force user like yourself to this dust bowl? He could tell by her dark clothing that she wasn't a native as the residents of this planet would see such a dress code as suicide. Sure he had business to attend to, but that didn't mean that he wasn't allowed a few conversations. @[member="Azara"]

Azara

A
Watching the little animal crawl up to his master's shoulders, Azara gave a slight giggle at the sight of the cute little creature. When he asked she recoiled a bit before saying "I'm...I'm just passing by. I'm on my way to....well anywhere really." Looking him in the eyes, the light showing off her chin and mouth and the light shade of her eyes from under the hood, she explained "I'm trying to find magic users. I....I want to learn how to control it. This power I have."

@[member="Vulpesen"]

@[member="Azara"]'s nervousness was obvious, but his curiosity was overwhelming. He had heard the term magic used by people such as the dothamiri witches, but she didn't seem to have their tendencies, or a dark aura. In fact, she seemed completely unaligned. "Ever heard of Dothamir? They believe in magic as well, but for most people in the galaxy, this magic you seek is simply known as the force." Holding out his hand, Vulpesen called a small snack from a vendor then gave Ace a few credits to run to the the man. "Have you ever thought of the Jedi?" What could he say? Vulpesen was a destroyer of darkness and such a goal was best done when someone was stopped from coming into darkness in the first place.

Azara

A
Watching the snack float over Azara replied "I know about it. And I know about Jedi. Though, from what some people say....you're just as bad as the Sith. That is...some people say it." She recoiled a bit, knowing how that all sounded, before recovering and saying "But believe me I know the differences between magic and the force. It's much more rare a thing to have that just being force sensitive. That's why I'm trying to get to Dathomir. To see if the witches can help at all." When the little creature Ace had returned Azara bent down to try and pet it, moving her hand very slowly to not seem hostile towards him.

@[member="Vulpesen"]

Ace looked at Vulpesen for a moment, sharing a few telepathic nudges before sitting down and happily accepting the hand. "Some people are ignorant. Jedi Don't try to massacre a town square filled with helpless Togorians, on the contrary, I remember being the one who smoked that square to get them out." Sure that was an Army of Light endeavor, but any Jedi with the same idea would have quickly done it themselves. Fighting sith was a controversy, saving lives was not. Dathomir did seem to be the right place for this one, especially if she chose the right path and joined a group that wasn't all dark and evilish. "Seems like a good enough goal. Just try to steer clear of the dark and evil ones. Magic or force, evil is evil and I would hate to fight someone knowing that I once held polite conversation with them." Throughout his speech, Vulpesen did his best to not take the remark of Jedi and sith to heart. He was well aware that when one is caught in the cross fire, a saber was a saber whether it was red or any other color. @[member="Azara"]

Azara

A
Azara smiled when little ace accepted her hand, she stroking his fur. She smiled underneath her hood at the feel, like a little kitten almost. When @[member="Vulpesen"] mentioned about evil people and evil force users she looked up and said "How...how can you be so sure a person is evil based on the kind of magic or force they use?" She asked because, as a child, some considered her evil just because of having magic. "Just because something seems evil, doesn't mean it is......right?"

"True. But when someone goes about trying to kill others and sees their lives as simple pawns on a board, I see that as less than moral. Being different doesn't make one bad. I will not judge you on who you are, or what you may become. I will judge you on what you have done." Ace stirred as his bond mate spoke of these things. Still, he was comfortable with being petted and thus he otherwise stood still. "I admire your ideals, but the reality is, evil does exist and its the job of people like me to identify and end it. I prefer to do this without violence, but my saber stays by me for a reason. It is on the left hip to show my peaceful wishes, but it is there." He figured his speech was done for the moment and so he brought the piece of fruit to his mouth, taking a small bite as he watched for @[member="Azara"]'s reaction.

Azara

A
Looking up to him more of Azara's face was exposed due to the sunlight. Her purple iris eyes looked at @[member="Vulpesen"] when he spoke of how using power was a means of knowing good from evil On that she nodded and said "I don't want to hurt anyone. I just want to control....whatever it is inside me. Believe me, I want to do good.....but if it means learning something bad just to know how to beat it, then I won't turn away from it." She stood up to try and reach his eye level and said "That's part of why I didn't think the Jedi could help..."

As @[member="Azara"] stood up, Ace move back to Vulpesen's shoulder sitting tall on his perch. "I hope you keep those convictions, even if you decide not to join our order. As much as i would like to deny our military roles, I'm afraid that we do fight more than our beliefs would suggest." He reached into his robes and pulled out a small biscuit, giving it to Ace before continuing. "Although we may not be able to teach what you wish, if you need help finding your place, I'd be happy to help if I can.

Azara

A
Hearing that from him, Azara gave a small smile. "Th-Thank you...." she said. "Sorry....I'm just not used to...well, having a friend." She finally removed her hood so her could see the rest of her face and head. Her short dark hair fell for a moment when she moved it. Her pale skin almost reflected with the light from the suns. Holding her hand out she said "I'm....I'm Azara." @[member="Vulpesen"]

Vulpesen held out his hand as well, taking hers and giving it a firm shake. "Vulpesen Espadus Torrevaso. This is Ace." On the latter part of his speech, Vulpesen motioned to the shining blue wolf gave a small bark and a bow. "As for a friend, as long as you don't try to kill me, I can almost promise that we'll be alright... Actually, I think I've made friends with even some of those people." @[member="Azara"]

Azara

A
"Oh, those guys back there." she said, pointing in the general direction of where they'd run into the thugs. "Yeah....I knew there was a chance I'd run into someone like that here." she sighed and said "I really hate it when I'm right sometimes....." She scratched her head awkwardly before trying to change the subject. "He seems nice." she pointed at Ace. "Have you had him long?"

@[member="Vulpesen"]

Vulpesen looked back to where she pointed for a moment. So it wasn't just him. Sometimes it seemed as through the force was determined to throw its followers into trouble Of course he didn't mind it. Trouble meant adventure and adventure was amazing. As @[member="Azara"] pointed to Ace, Vulpesen reached up to pet his companion. "We've been together just about a week, I'm still getting used to him in a sense." Vulpesen had just recieved the fox a little before he came out to this planet, and he had acquired the Ashlan Wolf at the same time his master had given him the request. "The Ashlan wolves are a rare species from Myrkyr, and they tend to bond with one being through their lives. Lucky me, I was bonded with Ace."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom