Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Magic, lightsabers and sand

Azara

A
"Well that's good." she said, reaching up to pet Ace again. Looking to @[member="Vulpesen"] she seemed ready to ask something before they were interrupted. The doug and his friends returned, only this time they'd brought more with them. At least a dozen or so thugs had come and all looked armed and dangerous. <You think we're afraid of one little Jedi?> the dug threatened as he held a blaster up to him. <We don't care for what kind of law you bring. We're the law around this system! As we kill any who think otherwise.> Azara hid behind the Jedi to let him try to negotiate with them....if it was at all possible at this point.

Vulpesen looked down at the gun, then to the dug that was threatening them. "Afraid of a jedi? Unlikely. Afraid of a jedi, a wolf, and a mage, possibly." He kept a friendly smile as he began to walk towards the dug, using the force to slowly drift his blaster to the side. He did it gently so the Dug wouldn't notice the movement as his mind was being focused on Vulpesen. The shadow's eyes seemed to spark with enthusiasm as he talked away. "To threaten some people just because you wish to. Such an endeavor is fool hardy." Vulpesen's voice once again kept the spirits of the situation high as he took his place to help defend @[member="Azara"].

It almost seemed as if he would start laughing, then his voice and his gaze dropped. His manner became intense, something that had scared the thugs of Nar Shadaa. He was young, but when he took this look, he seemed to grow a whole new air. He was born in duality and now he would show his darker side. "You want to go home and rethink your life." The voice was cold and held only a small hint of the force. If this Dug wanted to fight, Vulpesen was going to make sure this thug knew what he was getting into. Vulpesen was not a guardian. He would not be the first to draw his saber. Vulpesen was not a Consular, he was not always to speak kindly. Vulpesen was a sentinel. He was a shadow and his job was to erase darkness. Turning these thugs away was not enough. They would stop their actions or he would stop them.

Azara

A
The dug began to react to his mind trick, Azara watching as he reacted. <I want to......go home and....rethink my life.> he said, the rest of his friends looking oddly at this. Azara was surprised as well before the dug just dropped the gun and started walking off. The rest of them looked at each other and back to @[member="Vulpesen"] before shrugging and walking off as well. Azara watched them all walk away and said "By the gods......that was....amazing."

Vulpesen grinned and turned back to @[member="Azara"], quickly regaining his happy disposition. "That was the force. It holds a large sway over weaker minds, and as the son of a merchant, that particular skill was one of the firsts I learned." Ace one again shifted his position, draping across both of Vulpesen's shoulders. "We jedi don't always fight. We are prepared to, but we do we have other tricks to use against the common criminal. We just seem violent because our strength leads us to fight those that are stronger than the average soldier can handle. We don't like fighting, but that doesn't mean we aren't d at it. Something the Republic is very aware of."

Azara

A
"I see." she said, still looking to where they rest of the men walked off. "Wow....." she still said with amazement. Looking back to him she said "I don't really know what I'll be in for when I train in magic....but I hope those skills are as useful as that one. Making the enemy walk away and not have to fight them."

@[member="Vulpesen"]

Vulpesen shrugged as he heard @[member="Azara"]'s statement. In truth, his two year sojourn had led him to a small detour on Dathomir. "I remember learning a few basics ideas about their beast tame and blood trails. Master Luke Skywalker used their techniques to track a sith girl across the galaxy if I remember right." He had found that particular history lesson to be quite interesting, thought he failed to learn the ability by the time he had left, instead had simply learned to befriend large beasts such as rancors. "There are two ways to avoid a fight... well, three. First, you can use diplomacy. Second, you can use intimidation. Third, you can do what I did and use both. In the case of the Dathomiri witches, I'd say that showing off your pet rancor would fall somewhere on the line of intimidation."

Azara

A
Her eyes went wide when he said "Pet ranchor". Did they really have those things on Dathomir? She began to picture it in her head: she standing next to such a beast as if it were a pet. Oh she would feel ten times taller with that thing around. And yet the idea of it feasting on her when her back was turned snapped to mind, making her gulp a little and say "I don't think I want that for a pet. Maybe something like Ace. Or a nice little kitten or something...."

@[member="Vulpesen"]

Vulpesen chuckled as Ace sent a thought through his head. "I've never heard of a Dathomir with a kitten, but I suppose there's a first for everything. Perhaps that's how they start training. Though, I do remember how awesome it was to go rancor riding." For a moment, Vulpesen was caught in recollection, as he remembered his time with the witches. Another nudge brought him to the present. "Sorry, I traveled through the galaxy for about two years before becoming a jedi." @[member="Azara"]

Azara

A
"Wow." she said, amazed again. "Two years and not even a Jedi. Yet you did so much. That's rather impressive." She looked down and said "All I ever did was....stay away from people. And read to myself...not exactly exciting as others I'll bet."

@[member="Vulpesen"]

"Then perhaps its time to get into some new habits." He took another bite of his near forgotten fruit. "Adventure lies at every corner, and every planet holds some sort of treasure." With a grin and a spin, he broadened his arms to indicate his surroundings. "Even this dust bowl has a rich and interesting past." He lowered his arms and stepped by @[member="Azara"]. "To find and interesting life, the only thing you need to do is look." Once again Vulpesen was cast into his past as he remembered his travels. The teachers of the Baran-Do, the Strangeness of the Aiing-tii, the way Nar Shadaa had changed him, and how the Jedi had pulled him back to something that resembled what he had once been. Adventures could change a person, and there was no telling what such changes could yeild until said person went on said adventures.

Azara

A
Haring his words of advice Azara nodded when @[member="Vulpesen"] finished. Maybe he was right. Maybe she did need to start being more brave. However a part of her thought with the mastery of her powers would come that confidence. That was still her main goal. If she could then she would do whatever she could to know she was strong enough to save herself and others in the process.

Suddenly she perked up and said "Uh-oh. I think my shuttle is going to be leaving soon." She quickly started to run off before stopping and running back to the Jedi. "It was great to have met you and thank you for saving me!" she said in a rushed voice. She bowed, parting her robe for a moment and exposing the dark leotard she wore underneath, before turning and running off again. She looked back and gave a final wave before making for the shuttle bay.

Vulpesen nodded and gave a small wave back. "Farewell and good luck." He wasn't sure where her life would lead her just yet, but he had a feeling that she was on a good path. As she disappeared from him sight, Vulpesen was left wondering in his thoughts. 'It feels like I've forgotten something." He looked at Ace who seemed equally confused, then caught an Aqualish exiting a small shop. "Of course!" He turned towards the alien and darted after him. "Sir, would you happen to be Gorn Falan?" A conversation ensued as the two traders spoke about business relations. Who'd have thought that a small errand would lead to an interesting encounter on some dusty planet such as this. The force seemed to never cease in its surprises for Vulpesen. @[member="Azara"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom