Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech M.I. Model 4 Service Rifle

Status
Not open for further replies.
eW0j8Qn.png

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
  • Intent: Make snazzy service rifle
  • Image Source: here, edited by me
  • Canon Link: particle beam, blaster
  • Permissions: N/A
  • Primary Source: N/A
PRODUCTION INFORMATION
  • Manufacturer: Maji Ironworks
  • Affiliation: Maji Ironworks
  • Market Status: Closed-Market
  • Model: M.I. Model 4 service rifle
  • Modularity: Highly Modular
  • Production: Minor
  • Material: Durasteel, Dallorian Alloy, various other components
TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
  • Classification: Multi-purpose service rifle, personal artillery piece
  • Size: Average
  • Weight: Average
  • Ammunition Type: Gas canister
  • Ammunition Capacity: Small (50 rounds)
  • Effective Range: Average
  • Rate of Fire: High
  • Damage Output: Very High
  • Recoil: High
PARTICLE MORTAR MODE SPECIFICATIONS
  • Ammunition Capacity: Extremely Small (1 round)
  • Effective Range: Battlefield
  • Rate of Fire: Very Low
  • Damage Output: Extreme
  • Recoil: Extreme
SPECIAL FEATURES
  • HUD linkage for sighting and ammunition display
  • Amplifying chamber to turn blaster bolts into particle bolts
  • ”Mortar mode” setting to turn the rifle into a personal artillery piece when in particle mode
  • Highly modular platform and several mounting points for attachments
  • Toggle for damage output and stun setting
  • Fire rate toggle (Single, 3 round, full-auto)
  • Dallorian alloy barrel
  • autosteady gyro-gimbal above barrel
  • Removable standard scope with 4x magnification and HUD linkage
  • Integrated extendable bipod
STRENGTHS
  • Pick your flavour: With an amplifying chamber, the rifle’s blaster bolts can destabilize to form particle bolts. The damage output can also be adjusted in both modes and it also sports a stun setting.
  • To whom it may concern: The “mortar mode” setting of the rifle utilizes an entire full magazine to deliver a single shot at long ranges to deal an enormous amount of damage
  • Popopop: The rifle has a high rate of fire in burst mode or full auto. The dallorian alloy barrel prevents overheating as well.
  • Cod of duty: The HUD linkage system not only gives the user another means of sighting, but also a tracking system for moving targets. When used as artillery, the HUD system provides a suitable sight and assistance for accurate delivery of the payload.
  • Modular: The weapon is highly modular and can accommodate a variety of attachments, including a suppressor.
  • Perfectly balanced: The gyro-gimbal system prevents the rifle from climbing sporadically in automatic usage.
WEAKNESSES
  • Ow my shoulder: In “mortar mode” it is highly suggested to mount the weapon on the ground before firing, unless the user enjoys having their shoulder perforated with ludicrous recoil
  • Halt I say: Despite the recoil assistance, it still kicks a lot in automatic fire
  • Refresh me: In order to use the weapon as a personal artillery piece, a full magazine needs to be used and it needs to be set to fire particle bolts.
  • Low on ammo: The weapon's ammo capacity is quite low, and can fly through magazines very quickly when used in full auto.
DESCRIPTION
Reliable, accurate, dependable. The Model 4 service rifle is a modular weapon meant for any type of situation. The combination of a particle blaster and a full-auto setting might be questionable, but there is no denying the destructive effect it might have on any surface, be it organic or not. With the modularity to back it up, the rifle can be used in just about any role one might need.

Another useful feature is the “Mortar Mode” setting on the weapon. Insert a fresh magazine, set it to particle mode and mount it on the ground with usage of the integrated bipod, and the weapon turns into a personal mortar if the user requires more immediate artillery support on a battlefield… or a lot more alongside typical artillery support.

Last edited:

Shuklaar Kyrdol

CEO of Breshig War Forge Consolidated
Submission name: Model 4 particle rifle
Link: Yeet
Reason for Pre-Factory Request: Wanna change a bunch of stuff on the weapon. Already have gdoc and list of changes ready.
Moved to pre-factory at OP request.

Please remember to include a list of changes made when you tag a member of factory staff to move the submission to live judgement.

Changes made:
  • Changed classification
  • Added blaster to canon links
  • Added gyro-gimbal in place of recoil balancing system
  • Added amplifying chamber
  • Added damage output adjustment
  • Made rifle a typical blaster with particle bolts as an extra mode alongside mortar mode
  • Edited strengths to accommodate additions and edits. Added “pick your flavour”
  • Removed EMP vulnerability. Edited “Refresh me” to add setting limitations.
  • Edited intent
Shuklaar Kyrdol Shuklaar Kyrdol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom