Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Louise's Pokémon LeafGreen Nuzlocke Challenge!

Louise

here for your dad
---​
---​
---​
---​
---​
---​
---​

Well hey there, strangers and people I remove from Skype a lot! How ya'll doin' y'all?

Ugh, what's this? Who are you? Wait, Louise? Didn't you do this before? Didn't it fail dramatically? Stop doing stuff. I like it better when you're not here. I hate you.

Whoa there friend, you might need to slow down.

qLTgVSQ.gif

Hi there, I'm Louise Simpson and you might remember me from such Nuzlocke Challenges as the Pokémon Y Challenge and well, that was the only one, but I do love a Simpsons reference.

To be blunt, it died. To be less blunt, I'll explain why.

Firstly: I was playing Pokémon Y, which at the time was a game I hadn't played for myself yet. It did make it more interesting to go in blind, but also left me frustrated that I couldn't just go ahead and storm through the game by myself without having to stop and write a story alongside it.

Secondly: I was playing this game on my 2DS, and I had no way to show what was happening on the screen. Sure, you can do without but it definitely helps to set the scene and add character to have images alongside it. I supplemented this with badly drawn MS paint interpretations of what was happening in the story. The problem was, while this was initially fun it quickly became very tiresome, time-consuming and draining.

But I have solved these issues!

How!? We must know!

Well, me typing in a purple italic font, let me tell you!

To solve the first issue I have decide to go with Pokémon LeafGreen as my chosen game, as LeafGreen and FireRed are two of my favourite games in the series, and ones that I have replayed countless times and always gain enjoyment from.

As for the second issue, I have opted to emulated the game instead of playing it on a console.

Wait! I've heard that emulation is wrong and immoral!

Well that's a debate for another time on another side of the world.

As for any murky concerns of morality, I own both of these games in the flesh and Nintendo isn't losing any cash from this venture. I've paid my dues (and a little extra).

Back on topic, the plus-side of emulation is that I can skip shoddy illustrations in favour of actual in-game screenshots, that will be able to show the game in the pixels and help illustrate the story and gameplay alongside my words. Saving me A LOT of work, well, depending on how the blog formatting is feeling on that day.

So what are you doing? I can see your blog posts, why are you advertising here? Why are you such a harlot for attention?

Good question. You see, blogs are a funny creature. Sometimes they are used for awesome things, to-do lists, inventories, character development, bursts of creativity and awesome knowledge! We all loves these things!

However, they have a slight reputation. We've all seen a passive aggressive sniping blog post, or an insult disguised as a half-hearted apology or perhaps a malicious circle jerk. While for some this is popcorn inducing, for others this is off-putting and they have the blog sidebar hidden from view.

Putting it here lets people who have blogs hidden see it, because hey, they might be interested too!

I'm hungry!

Then you should grab something to eat, brosephine.

So why do I have to care? I don't want to read this! I don't even like you! Go away!

You don't have to care, free-will and all (unless you're a close friend, then you have to at least pretend like you care). If this doesn't tickle your pickle then that's absolutely fine, go forth and be free!

However! If you like Pokémon, Nuzlocke Challenges, Louise's ramblings or are just curious then I would love for you to check this out! Hit me up with some feedback, good, bad, neutral, I'll take it all! Feedback and criticism is essential and I would love to see that!

TL;DR
Louise play game. Louise write story alongside game. Louise want you to read story.

I've gone on long enough, and I accidentally closed my browser once and had to rewrite it already. I'm not risking it happening again. Thank you for taking some time out of your day and checking this post out. Have a good one! Here's a picture of a super stoked dog with a hot dog as a reward!

FPxZ8WK.gif

Been playing the game right ahead of your stories by a couple steps in the story. Until recently that is, I just found out that the game is a fake, not a big surprise on my part, though I have had relatively good times obtaining a real emerald and sapphire.

That aside, I have been enjoying reading these stories and look forward to the next chapter.

[member="Louise"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom