Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Faction LOTS | Symphony of Skin [Training & GM Adventure]

Symphony of Skin
Lords of the Sith Training & GM-guided adventure.
D5lOJGPt_o.png

A few weeks ago -- Korriban

"Your Majesty?"

A hoarse cough wracked the shadowy figure, forcing phlegm and crusted blood out. Despite all of the heaving it did, nothing spewed forth.

"Silence!" The form shouted angrily, turning just enough to peer furiously at the intruding voice. "You would be wise-" it snorted, clearing its throat hideously, "-to show some respect and speak only when spoken to. Now please tell me you have come to tell me something good. Tell me something that will make me shiver with delight. I cannot stay for long," it lamented, "you, of all people, know that."

"Oh-! Yes, master!" The intruder prostrated immediately, dropping to a kneel and pressing his metallic fist against the stone. "I am pleased to report that the wheels of your plan have been set in motion! There is an expected 67% increase in your chances of success in comparison to last time!" It chirped happily, vision still focused on the floor beneath him.

"Last time?" The shadow mused. "Last time was a disaster."

"Of course, master, but-"

"So your percentages and calculations mean nothing," the form snarled, "Anything is infinitely better than what happened a decade ago. While I have told you this before, I'll tell you again just to reiterate my point: you are here only because your predecessor failed."

The intruder's head drooped. "Of course, master.."

The candlelight flicked as his master, his sovereign, approached. Lengths of blackness thickened with each step, stretching across the chamber as if they had somehow developed an appetite for the light itself. They shivered and trembled, seeking out any open space that it could occupy. And when the sovereign drew close enough to his kneeling subject, the dim light was snuffed out.

"Bring it to me." A breathy, whisper-like voice. "Go."

Present day -- Korriban

It was a crisp and cool day. Korriban had always been unnaturally chilly, yet there was a breeze that whipped through the valley strong enough to chill one to the bone. The wind-streaked landing pad had fared no better than the smattering of Sith soldiers that patrolled the more tame portion of the Valley of the Sith. Dark, eldritch powers slept here. Whether they were lost to time itself or suffered a demise at the hands of enemies, many of the Order's greatest and most vile of practitioners ended up here. For all of the traditions the Sith seemed to trample upon, the right to being buried here was not one that most disrespected.

It was both a burial ground and a testing ground.

Those who had held all of the power in the universe at one point in their lives were now entombed here. For the nascent, yearning hopefuls, this was something of a rite of passage. Venture forth into the Valley, learn, conquer, and return with a beating heart. It was a testament to the old Rule of Two: one to wield the power and the other to crave it. Time would only tell if this would turn out to be an acolyte's burial ground as much as the lords slumbering beneath the surface.

0-0-0.png

"Ah, welcome!" E-3PO chortled happily. "It warms my circuits to see so many students and lifelong learners join me today! I do so admire the ferociousness and tenacity with which you Sith tackle challenges, much in the same way that I do. Having a kindred spirit is a wonderful thing.." The protocol droid cheerily mused. "Ah! I mustn't be so rude as to ramble! Come! Please follow me, my lords and ladies."

The ever cheerful and light-hearted E-3PO gestured for the Sith to step out of the shuttle and follow him. After a few moments of ushering the last ones out, it would promptly fire up its sublight engines and make a hasty departure. Not many of the other Sith personnel enjoyed spending too much time here; everyone except for 3PO. The silver-plated droid would lead the small troupe of learners slowly down the ramp, past a squad of milling soldiers, and down a scarcely used trail that wound through the sand.

"While I am not as gifted as you all are, I am told that there is a potency to this place. The Valley of the Dark Lords is not a place for the faint-hearted," the droid intelligently informed, "which is of course why we're all here - myself included!"

3PO's history lesson was reasonably short, taking great care to spare himself from wanton violence and rude remarks. He had learned that the first time: talking too much around Sith was a good way to end up dismantled. Instead, he chose to straighten his back and lead the group of students down towards the tomb Qual'al-Selim had specified.

The droid stopped just short of the entrance and turned to face the group. "Lord Qual'al-Selim, Eye of the Emperor, has noted your desire for continued training in the Sith ways. The Worm Emperor himself has offered this boon to you all; an opportunity to learn much and get in his good graces..." His monotone voiced trailed off. "That is all I can tell you and all that I know. Lord al-Selim was not detailed with his instructions aside from guiding you here."

His photoreceptors brightened, a sort of pseudo-smile. "You may enter. Good luck."

[All participants in this group of student-Sith have been invited to venture into the Valley of the Dark Lords with the Worm Emperor's blessing. Aside from typical accouterments and weaponry, the students have been instructed to bring one (1) valuable item, trinket, pet, or weapon with them. Sith alchemy, baby.]

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​
Important OOC Stuff:
  • While this is a Game Master-guided event, I will be tailoring and adapting everything to the actions, interactions, and dialogue provided by your characters.​
  • Under no shape or form will I wound or grievously injure your characters without explicit consent.​
  • You may be presented with options from this GM account that may be reminiscent of Mass Effect, KOTOR, and Witcher 3 dialogue choices. Picking an option will help me steer the narrative to something I have planned, but you aren't obligated to pick any of them.​
  • By entering this thread, you do consent to minor things that may affect your character, to include:
    • Mental illusions & trickery.​
    • Voices in your head.​
  • If you ever have a complaint or want to change something that is affecting your character, please message me immediately. This is my second time GMing ever and I can assure you my intent is pure!

Hyrva Vh'akli
Truthspeaker, The Prophet, Lady of Throdog N'ghftor, Witch Elder
TmRyYPm.png
Equipment: Shield talisman
Tag: Aspect of Strength Aspect of Strength
4TE25HA.png
Gokahe, mggoka'ai, mgr'luh, throdog ph' ilyaa!

Although Hyrva had not been a student for nearly 200 years, now voices told her to join the group. She spent the last day and a half in the desert, practicing and meditating, translating and interpreting ancient Sith texts. The Truthspeaaker had several visions; this world was similar to her own, though here the presence of the Great Beyond was not so perceptible, yet in one vision she saw a mighty creature protruding from the other dimension, one of the messengers of her god just about to swallow one of the Sith Pyramids. The sight was beautiful for the woman. What would Qual'al-Selim and the Worm Emperor have to say about this?

More whispers; part came from the Great Beyond, another part from the restless souls here who had wandered here for centuries or millennia and longed to return. But they all pointed to one place, to the edge of the valley. She sensed the presence of others as well, she will no longer be alone. All five of her eyes opened at once and looked in the right direction. In the distance she saw a droid and others around it. Got up from the sand and dusted off her clothes.

Whispers that encouraged her to go there and join. Who was she to oppose these? She was one of the Truthspeakers of Gnaiih ot N'ghftnahh, one of the Prophets of her people. And soon she’ll get similar assignments with the Worm Emperor as soon as complete her trial and her learning ends with Qual’al-Selim. Started toward the group, her snow-white tentacles curling around her head and shoulder, her long snow-white hair reaching under her hip. In her current shape, her hair was only visible from behind, and because of the shape, it was not seen any other way. She was light in humanoid form, arriving at the group gracefully and elegantly. All five eyes blinked at once.

Hearing the words of the droid, it was already clear why she had to come here. It is not known why they are here, but they were sent for a task. Hoped the young people would not regret it if she joined, despite her old age, even though she seemed young. Reached out to the Force to feel its vibrations better so she could hear the whispers better about what they were whispering now to her. Concentrated, not in a hurry, she had plenty of time to decide where to go from here…

EOtZYzP.png

z7JxHPv.png

bxqS4Gq.png

Dral made his way off the ship with all the other student. Like some common slave that had been gathered from somewhere in the galaxy with even the hint of force power within them. Anger surged through him. He tempered his rage as he looked around at the group Celeste Demici Celeste Demici being one face that was particular interesting to him. His robe covered most of his body and the hood's shadow covered his face. The dark fabric hiding his true look, whether he was large or small it was hard to tell. Dral stood there with his staff, walking along the ramp and following some common protocol droid as it rambled quips and facts about the place they were invited to come and visit.

Dral knew why he was there, to grow stronger in power, to use what he could learn here to always further his goals. That was the ultimate plan of any Sith, was to become as powerful as the Darth's told in legends, and such as the Worm Emperor himself. He leaned heavily against the wooden staff that he held in his hands, his eyes glancing around the Valley of the Dark Lords as the group made their way down. The wind flowing over the group, for such a barren planet it was cold, chilling his skin as it ran over them.

370d9lz.png

The Valley of the Sleeping Kings...
As he disembarked from the shuttle, he could not help but consider what a momentous occasion this was. For a great many years now he had yearned to descend into the tombs of their more powerful predecessors, to scour the walls for untapped knowledge and unearth all there was to learn. He had been to many ruins writhe with darkside energy, tombs on forgotten worlds. He had sought guidance from all manner of beings, had his lifeforce hang in the balance, held in their grasps.​
But he had never once traversed the depths of the Valley.​
The boy listened intently to the protocol droid, scoured its every eager word for duplicitous meanings, to better understand why they had been gathered there. It was a shame, really, that most did not value what one such as the protocol droid before them might have had to share. That the lessons were cut short, kept to manageable bite sized pieces.​
But no matter. He supposed they were told as much as they needed to know, and who was he to argue with such?​
Upon his belt, hanging languidly at his waist, was the blade he had made under Darth Empyrean Darth Empyrean 's careful watch all those years ago, when he had first shown an interest in all things mystical. It was far from a perfect execution of the craft, he knew. He would be stupid to think otherwise. But with the absence of his lightsaber it made for a fine enough weapon with which to defend himself.​
But that was not the item of value he would be descending into the tomb with.​
As he made his way into the tomb, not quite ahead of the others but certainly not lagging behind, he offered a nod of thanks to the droid. Mayhaps one of these days he'd seek it out, find out what else there was to unearth about this place that it was willing to offload. Until then, they had work to do.​
But what that was, he hadn't the foggiest.​
He kept one hand within his pocket, cradling something unseen, and waited for his eyes to adjust to the darkness of the room beyond.​

370d9lz.png

The Tremiru family was a family devoted to alchemy and sorcery. They boasted themselves as one of the higher skilled within the craft, though they certainly weren't in the forefront. Her mothers hope was that her generation would be able to bring them from the shadows and make them a forerunner in the technology. But with the death of Alina's older sister, no such reality was in sight. Alina could not do alchemy. Could not cast the ancient incantations and spells of Sith Sorcery. She couldn't even use the Force to lift up a simple tome and call it to herself.

Her connection to the Force was disruptive and chaotic. While she's finally learned how best to use this by suppressing the Force in others, her mother would not stand to let her live and claim leadership of the family. She already knew she couldn't alchemize a thing, but she came here any. She needed something, and she wasn't going to be denied it simply because of her inability to use the skill. She'd find someone to make it for her. Other than her lightsaber, all she brought was a pair of gloves. That was what she'd get alchemized.

Two familiar faces were already there as she approached the unknown tomb. Inwardly she grimaced. Not because she recognized anyone, but because she once again was about to blindly go into a tomb. The last had her facing off against man eating plants and the living dead. Then falling through the earth and trying to escape the Jedi. It wasn't a fond memory.

She offered a nod to Darth Arkanus Darth Arkanus and Arcturus Dinn Arcturus Dinn . Dral wasn't a face she was expecting, but it said quite a bit about who he was. A Sith for sure. The third, Celeste Demici Celeste Demici , was an unsettling sight. She didn't let her gaze linger for long, instead turning to watch the droid and wait patiently for what came next. Enter the tomb. Right, that was ominous enough.

She let out a sigh before wandering right into the tomb. No time to waste, then.

Inventory: X, X
Tags: Aspect of Strength Aspect of Strength | Celeste Demici Celeste Demici | Darth Arkanus Darth Arkanus | Arcturus Dinn Arcturus Dinn | Alina Tremiru Alina Tremiru

Melydia's bag, often heavy with a combination of friends and journals, was unusually light on her shoulders, in the spirit of the exercise. With a small creature resting in the bag, moving every so often, and an already altered lightsaber hanging on her belt, swinging along with any wild movement, the creature of an individual entered the tomb with enthusiasm. While far from a stranger to dirt and grime of various worlds, the sand at her feet was an unfamiliar material. Fascinating, really. A moment of childlike wonder had her all too tempted to kick up some sand as she walked with the others, if only to watch the dust settle.

But there was a time and a place for such vacant shenanigans. If she were alone, perhaps it'd be another story. For the time being, however, she kept with the group, feet (mostly) planted on the ground. Wide eyes of amber cast a curious gaze, back and forth, from one side of the pathway to the next. Just what she was looking for, she wasn't sure, though she was certain she'd know whenever she found it. Her companions, a small group at that, were not free from such a gaze either. And should they make eye contact, they were met with a short wave and a half-smile.

Val Drutin

V
Inventory: Lightsaber | Costume
Tags: Aspect of Strength Aspect of Strength | Celeste Demici Celeste Demici | Darth Arkanus Darth Arkanus | Arcturus Dinn Arcturus Dinn | Alina Tremiru Alina Tremiru | Melydia Gold Melydia Gold

Oh, this was going to be fun.

Val had been out of the galactic loop for a while, sticking to his usual day to day life as a pilot/dancer/scavenger. But when he heard about a thing for Sith students getting to play with alchemy on Korriban, he simply couldn't pass up the opportunity. After all, he couldn't even remember a time when a class about alchemy was ever offered... now that he thought about it, that was rather strange. Why wasn't such a useful skill taught more often?

Well, it didn't matter now. He was finally going to learn it for himself.

Val was already treading across the sands of the Valley of the Dark Lords when he realized he had forgotten to bring an item of value. Oops. Should he turn back? No no, that wouldn't do. He could see the other students already heading into the tomb. But what was he going to bring? He looked down at his arms, then the rest of his body, until his gaze landed on his feet. What about his dancing slippers? That would work, right?

Satisfied, he hurried after the rest of the group, stopping before a red-eyed protocol droid. "This is it, right? Alchemy class?" he asked, pointing in the direction the others had gone. As soon as the droid offered the slightest confirmation, Val ran—well, skipped, actually—into the tomb. His excitement and enthusiasm was palpable. Hopefully his high hopes wouldn't be dashed by the experience.

Tomb of the Unknown -- Korriban

The class was a mish-mash of oddities, of dreamers, of hopefuls. The eldritch being seemingly touched by Typhojem himself; the ever ambitious Zabrak; the inquisitive, cautious Lorrdian; a noble struggling with the Force; the tainted insect; and, of course, the melodramatic dancer. Each one gifted in their own way yet never learning from their short-comings. The powers-that-be would wonder if they would ever regret stepping past the threshold of the tomb's entrance.

Perhaps they could face the trials and return victorious?

Perhaps they would become food for the worms?

3PO wondered the same thing, standing just at the top of the steps that descended deep down into that nothingness. Gleaming photoreceptors followed each one of them, studying their features just in case it would be the last time he saw any of them. He almost felt... pity - if droids could feel such things.

Even as darkness consumed them, the droid remained. Staring.

The party's descent was a long one. Hundreds upon hundreds of two meter wide steps guided them down into the belly of the beast. The scenery was as one would expect an ancient crypt to be: dank and dusty. Cobwebs strung high across the sloped stone ceiling, shifting gently as the last whispers of fresh air wafted downwards. It was a confined space; a tunnel into near-complete darkness.

Yet it was not all-too dark: torches were fixated high upon the tunnel's walls, flaring brighter as mortals approached. However, there was something peculiar about them. It was as if the incandescent tone of fire had been somehow muted, tainted by the shifting shadows that were tossed by the passing Sith. In stark contrast with the dreary and otherwise bone-chilling atmosphere, the temperature had risen alarmingly.

It was stifling, muggy heat. One of them could've probably ignited their saber and sliced through the air itself. At least the accompanying stench was bearable compared to that. It was a musty aroma, a sort of nose-scrunching scent of decaying paper and cloth wrappings.

After just a few more minutes of treading down the endless steps, the party would finally come across something: a diverging pathway. Each of them was unremarkable to say the very least. Each of them were simply open doorways; enough torchlight breaking through to reveal another pathway of stairs that descended even deeper.

What would they do?

-------------​
  • [Take the left pathway.]​
  • [Take the right pathway.]​
or
  • [Do whatever the hell you want. Freeform!]

Celeste Demici Celeste Demici | Darth Arkanus Darth Arkanus | Arcturus Dinn Arcturus Dinn | Alina Tremiru Alina Tremiru | Melydia Gold Melydia Gold | Val Drutin

The dank and dingy interior, lit by torches that seemed unwilling to actually shed their light, reminded the lad of the library on Lorrd he had once visited at the behest of one Pravus Zambrano. There the ancient stones had sucked away most of the liveliness of the space, and despite the great many lanterns and lights scattered about just reading those dusty old tomes had made his eyes ache.
Fitting then that this new venture into Alchemy began with more of the same. As though such somber surroundings followed his chosen path, his descent into the more mystic applications of the Force. A constant shadow over his shoulder, which fizzled away should he turn to look.
Once upon a time such a thought might have terrified him; no longer.
Down and down he wandered, at the same pace as the rest, until the aroma in the air too reminded him of ageing books and stretched leather that cracked with time. Threadbare, moth-eaten cloth... The air down here was stagnant. Repulsive, even.
And then it was over, or more... began anew. Two paths lay before them. Two possible routes which would lead them further down into whatever abyss lay beneath them. For whatever reason though Thesh's feet did not wish to stall, he reached through the Force and tried to sense into the great unknown and found... Very little with which to draw upon. He could not deduce which way was preferable, so he simply took to the door which was closest.
Through the threshold on the left he ventured, this time ahead of the others. Unwavering in his decision, as though it had been a real decision to make at all. There was no information, no way to know what lay on either side. A stab in the dark.
Thesh did not mind going in blind.
But something in the very back of his mind screamed out that maybe, just maybe, he should have minded very much.

bxqS4Gq.png

To the left or to the right, to the left or to the right. Dral though this in his mind over and over again as he glanced around at the actions of the other members of his party. This didn't have to be a tough decision, but it could lead to him succeeding or failing in his quest to grow in strength before taking his will out and into the galaxy. His mind thought of the days with his first master, where she would train him in the ways of the darkside and letting it lead him to power. Going with this Dral let his mind close as he focused, a yearning began to form.

Dral knew not to follow this yearning entirely as it could potentially lead him astray and to failure, as he had done once before. It was there to help guide his decision though, so he tempered his movement, glancing around towards his other apprentices that surrounded him.

Finally, he watched as one of the acolytes go through the door on the left, so this finally made his decision to be the trailblazer for the trail on the right. He made his way past the doorway and into the world unknown. Letting the yearning that was inside him take control as he moved through.

370d9lz.png

Last edited:
Inventory: X, X
Tags: Aspect of Strength Aspect of Strength | Celeste Demici Celeste Demici | Darth Arkanus Darth Arkanus | Arcturus Dinn Arcturus Dinn | Alina Tremiru Alina Tremiru | Val Drutin

Melydia's flight-er walking pattern down the narrow walkways was sporadic at best. Down and down the group went, and the girl found herself lost in a cobweb or a wandering thought before realizing she'd fallen a few steps behind and rushing to rejoin the group of learners. The descending walkway was met with a gentle hum in an attempt to ground herself to the present moment.

As they came across the fork in the road, she found herself pausing a bit longer to decide than she'd usually take. She half considered, wings fluttering as she did so, taking flight to scout ahead, see what secrets she might unlock from above. But no, that'd take the fun out of things. That and she doubted whatever lie in these tombs would be so easily circumvented.

Instead, she knelt down in the sand for but a moment, grasping a handful of the substance. Casting a look down either path, she tossed the sand in the air and watched it land, taking the way it fell as some sort of arbitrary guidance.

The sand said left.

So left she went, casting a quick wave in the direction of those who ventured right, though being quick to keep the fellow left-goers in sight. The time for wandering would likely come soon enough but for now, best to keep to at least one other.

Hyrva Vh'akli
Truthspeaker, The Prophet, Lady of Throdog N'ghftor, Witch Elder
TmRyYPm.png
Equipment: Shield talisman
Tag: Aspect of Strength Aspect of Strength | Darth Arkanus Darth Arkanus | Arcturus Dinn Arcturus Dinn | Alina Tremiru Alina Tremiru | Melydia Gold Melydia Gold | Val Drutin
4TE25HA.png
F' ch'nglui'ahog lloig Iiahe ymg' mgep mgepah ch'nglui'ahog.

Looked through the young ones; she was once like that when she had to make the biggest sacrifice and become an adult. The Truthspeaker was not like most of her people; she did not sacrifice her right hand to be a left-hander like her god, Gnaiih ot N'ghftnahh, who is truly Typhojem. But another, sacrificed her the first alchemist artefact she made herself. It was a childish thing, but it was important to the woman; most important of all, but her god is more important, so she gladly destroyed it for the mighty Gnaiih ot N'ghftnahh. Alchemist class? Cute; but at least knew why the children were here.

The alchemist's arsenal of the two worlds was not much different; the biggest aspect is the technology, the Sith were able to create things, living things much easier and more varied than the members of the Touched. Entered the darkness; the warm weather was very pleasant for her, Hyrva lived on a tropical planet all her life, she was always in the wet heat, so it was ideal for her. Following the whispers, continued on until they arrived at the room below, from where they could go in two directions.

The whispers were even louder, sometimes in her own language and sometimes in Sith. Her tentacles, as if they had some kind of eyes or noses, protruded in both directions and then retreated. Saw several of the young people were already moving in different directions. With her eyes she started first to the left and then to the right. The five eyes blinked at once, and she sighed. Yes, she has experienced this since she was here, the Sith like to be impatient. And this was true not only for the young, but also for the older.

"The young ones have always been too impatient." whispered barely audible after several left.

Down; various whispers suggested this to the woman. Interesting concept. Provided there is additional space down. Worth a shot; walked into the middle of the room and squatted down. Laid her palms on the ground and began to channel a telekinetic force into the ground to collapse it under or around a small area. She’s prepared for this to collapse underneath, so if that happens, she’ll float herself with telekinetics so she doesn’t fall into the abyss right away.

EOtZYzP.png

z7JxHPv.png

Quintus Varro

Q
Quintus has chosen to remain quiet as they entered, more to watch the group then anything else. One object they'd been told to bring, but what did a man who owned nothing bring? He'd even gone so far as to consider stealing something to bring, but that could end up an entirely different area of trouble with the Sith. Who knew what held value and what didn't to some of these Sith Lords. It was only then as he racked his brain that he something clicked as he realized he did own something. In fact a few somethings.

So it was that Quintus found himself inside of the tombs senses heightened as he continued towards the rear down into the hallways. He knew of these tombs, and only a fool walked into them unaware. Yet here they were at two doors each leading deeper into unknown areas, and each equally unknown. Watching as several made a choice and then quite a bit more surprised as one fell through the floor Quintus looked again at the droid to try to wrangle some reaction from it before checking to see just how far down the hole went.

Well someone seemed to at least think they knew something here, but that someone seemed to know a hell of a lot more then him as well. So he waited for a moment following the one who'd at least chosen her own path, though he knew not where that lead either.

Celeste Demici Celeste Demici Aspect of Strength Aspect of Strength Darth Arkanus Darth Arkanus Arcturus Dinn Arcturus Dinn Alina Tremiru Alina Tremiru Melydia Gold Melydia Gold Val Drutin

He hadn't been invited exactly, it was a training classes for the little Sith. He was however bored, and they were headed somewhere interesting. Besides only a fool ever thought he'd been trained enough. No the day you stopped sharpening your tusks was the day some little runt ran you clear through. So he followed cursing whoever built the first tunnels for the tiny things they were. Listening to the prattle he stalked behind the group, mostly because he was late, which he wouldn't have been had he received the bleeding invite.

Still he heard the last bit of picking a door so he supposed that would be enough. Some choose by the force, others with their guts, and no doubt some wanted to be first. Grundark was a simpler creature. He choose the door with a higher ceiling. So he followed into the left behind the boy and the butterfly as he cursed the tunnels. His tomb would have bigger tunnels, of that he was sure at least.

370d9lz.png

"So which way do you all. Wanna.. Go.." Alina trailed off as they all seemed to go left without even trying to talk about it. They weren't exactly allies, but they could of at least asked something or another. She let out a sigh, yellow eyes scanning around for some kind of threat. It was a Sith Tomb, there'd always be some kind of trap or trial for them to deal with.

Quintus Varro | Darth Arkanus Darth Arkanus | Grundark Grundark | Aspect of Strength Aspect of Strength | Arcturus Dinn Arcturus Dinn | Melydia Gold Melydia Gold | Val Drutin

Tomb of the Unknown -- Korriban

When faced with a pair of seemingly meaningless and identical choices, it was always hard to come to a decision. Do you trust that feeling deep within the pit of your gut? Do you steel yourself and blaze your own trail? Do you seek safety and meaning by following the experienced ones? It was something every living being had to do: choose. For Sith, it was typically a matter of life and death. Indecisiveness got you killed - it made you weak.

If you did not choose, something else would for you: The Force; the Left-Handed God; and even perhaps that something lurking deep within the tomb's bowels.

Unbeknownst to all parties, E-3PO had disappeared. The surface level of the Valley of Sleeping Kings was now devoid of life. The small team of soldiers milling about? They're gone. That whimsical protocol droid? Not to be found.

Arcturus Dinn Arcturus Dinn | Melydia Gold Melydia Gold | Grundark Grundark

For the trio that had chosen the left pathway, it was a simple and rustic affair that belied a sense of warmth. The tunnel itself mirrored the one they had just left in many ways: high walls, uneasy torchlight, and the heat that only seemed to swelter with each forward step they took. Thankfully, their tired legs were finally going to get a break. Shadows danced at the very end of their tunnel, signalling for an end to an already arduous trek downwards.
vGufjxX4_o.png

So when they finally stepped past that threshold, a sight would steal breath from them.

Fountains of smelted ore and molten rock poured endlessly rock stone-carved rockfaces around the room. Braziers danced furiously, as if they had been long awaiting the arrival of the guests, shining almost bright enough as the lava that pooled hundreds of feet below. A rocky chasm demanded most of the room's space, basking it all in the soft-red glow of pooling fire and flame. The heat was, surprisingly, less intense here.

A lone figure stood in the center of that platform sitting high above the fiery chasm. It was an average sized thing, its frame almost humanoid. Long robes adorned it, concealing every single inch of its body from view. The hooded thing rose its head by a fraction when it noticed their arrival, a pair of blazing suns gauging them.

"Step forward!" It croaked loudly. "Stand before me and kneel!"

What would they do?
  • [Approach the figure and kneel before it.]
  • [Approach the figure, refusing to kneel.]
  • [Flee back the way you came.]
  • [Free-form; anything you want.]
Darth Arkanus Darth Arkanus | Val Drutin

The right-sided trailblazers would unknowingly find themselves in a similar pathway that mirrored their friends that had chosen the left. A confined space, heat rising, and the ever-present stench of cloying cloth and the sickly-sweet aroma of their own sweat. The torchlight, however, was a stark contrast to the muted tones of the main corridor leading downwards. In this tunnel, the light took upon a white-hot and incandescent nature that was almost too bright to even glance at. It would burn corneas and leave black splotches in your vision should you even flick your eyes in their direction.

With the pair's vision practically forced forward and down towards the floor, it was a surefire way to notice the cracked hole in the tunnel. It was wide enough for an adult to slip through, yet small enough to appear almost invisible. It was a deep gouge, one that seemed impossibly deep without a way out. Yet, if one stared long enough, you might've caught the dancing of flames in one of its deep, dark corners.

Could they drop a torch down to see how deep it was? Would they even have a way out? Should they simply walk past and ignore it?
  • [Drop down into the chasm without further investigation.]
  • [Drop a torch from the wall to gauge its depth and content.]
  • [Ignore it and continue down the pathway.]
  • [Return to the room you were in before.]

Celeste Demici Celeste Demici | Quintus Varro | Alina Tremiru Alina Tremiru

Those who carved their own paths - as well as the one that did not choose at all. Celeste Demici Celeste Demici had channeled the Force into a sizable, controlled blast that would turn the stone before her body into dust. As she had specifically channeled the blast and prepared for the fall, the eldritch elder was all-too prepared for the short fall that was to come. Landing on her feet was a casual and effortless affair. Quintus Varro's own descent downwards was short and simple, seeing as he hopped down through that hole right after Hyrva.
jOg8Rk4W_o.png

Alina Tremiru Alina Tremiru ? Yeah, she fell like a sack of potatoes. Indecision and hesitation saw the young woman glancing at her 'comrades' as they picked a pathway or made their own, and all she did was stand there. In doing so, the young Sith failed to realize that the cracked floor beneath her had etched a web of lines beneath her own feet and dropped out from under her. So she fell - and definitely did not land as gracefully than the two that made up their minds.

Regardless of how they landed, this particular trio would find themselves in a completely different area than the two other groups. There were no stone-carved, claustrophobic tunnels. Instead, it was as if they had dropped down into the middle of an ancient, archaic library that reeked of decay. Books, of all things, were strewn about on various tables and ceiling-high shelves. Most were far too damaged and worn to be legible.

As the trio dusted themselves off and found their bearings, they would no doubt make note of the muffled shuffling that came from the center of the library. They were not here alone.

Could they find what they were looking for here? Would investigating be the right choice? Could they be stealthy enough to slip by unnoticed?
  • [Investigate the source of the noise.]
  • [Explore the library quietly; utilize stealth.]
  • [Return to the room you were in before.] (You can't! You can thank Celeste Demici Celeste Demici for that, hahaha.)

Their continued descent seemed marked only by the varying degrees of footfall.
At his back he heard the thump-thump of the cragmoloid's heavy feet striking with the stone steps; they drowned out the soft flittering of wings that did not dare to fully take flight, and indeed his own thoughtful pace. Onward the trio ventured, down and down until he felt certain they had reached the core of Korriban itself.
Another gateway to the Netherworld, perhaps, for how deep they had ventured.
The warmth struck him before the end of the void did, wrapping him first in its embrace before all but smothering soon after. Mixed with the already heavy air it was oppressive to say the least, but that did not sway him into doing otherwise. No, he continued on in much of the same vein, like moth drawn into flame he stepped out into the bright room beyond, where molten metal and oozing stone flowed in abundance.
His eyes did not know where upon to settle, they sought the fountains which spewed forth fiery ichor, and the tip top of the cavernous room which towered just out of sight, he peered over the edge, to the glowing promise of death below, and then ahead.
Ahead to the stranger who stood before them. Clad in robes. With burning stars in his eyes...
It croaked its orders to the trio, and Thesh tilted his head languidly to the left to regard it for a moment. Stand, and kneel... What an odd proposition. He could not possibly fulfil both ends of that command now, could he? Still the former he could do. He approached, more caution to his step now than he had shown prior, and came to a halt just at the end of the walkway they'd crossed.
His eyes flicked around the various stones which made up the central platform, seeking signs of runes or anything else which might see find them locked in place before the stranger. What would the others do, he wondered? Surely the cragmoloid would laugh at the notion that he was to kneel... Though perhaps his ignorance was showing.
"Who are you?" he finally inquired, feeling the breath exhaled within practically extinguished as it reached that foul air. A slow intake of stagnant air, one shy breath that sought to steel his nerves, and the boy stepped upon the platform. He was no stranger to taking, and following, commands. He was not so stupid as to break away from the hierarchy they had known for eons, nor to presume that perceived weakness would not be punished.
It was a difficult act to balance, he knew. That fine line between due respect and cowardice.
In the end, Thesh did not kneel. He did however incline his head in a deferential manner...

bxqS4Gq.png

The stale air that reached him as they continued their way down the right path kept him receiving a steady income of oxygen, but it almost stung his nose as he breathed it in. He leaned against his staff as would a man late in his years or someone who was impaired. Although, he looked weak he was on high alert, his body poised for any dangers that him and Val Drutin could face on their endeavors to learn more about the dark side. Dral made his way along, the darkness consuming his form as his eyes noticed the precipice below him, for all he knows it could be but a mere few feet below the path he was on now, or it could lead to his death if he attempted to travel down there.

Dral decided against any brash actions, and continued on the path that he was on, not really caring whether the other acolyte with him joined him or not. His feet were soft in their stride, his eyes peering into the denseness that surrounded him as he just made his way forward.

Aspect of Strength Aspect of Strength
370d9lz.png

Val Drutin

V
Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom